Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!

Thunderfinger posted:

Hey I forget, are you looking at each individual episode or is this a look at whole seasons, like with Charmed?

Each individual episode. I am an insane person.

PassTheRemote posted:

Paranormal Tequila and Bonetti?

They gotta do it; it'd be the SECOND Tequila and Bonetti revival!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Seeing Mitch being effortlessly outwitted by an aging retriever has made my day better.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Miss Wallace posted:

They gotta do it; it'd be the SECOND Tequila and Bonetti revival!

There was a revival?

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

Tequila and Bonetti was redone in Italy in 2000. Same lead actor, different dog. It's amazing it exists.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Miss Wallace posted:

Tequila and Bonetti was redone in Italy in 2000. Same lead actor, different dog. It's amazing it exists.

is there as much tonal whiplash as the original series?

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

No idea, but one can only hope. Brad tried to find the episodes but couldn't. At least from reviews it seems that the show was shot in Italy but the lead was speaking English, so there's this weird combination of dubbing and not. The intro's on youtube somewhere though. Technically speaking it's a continuation of the first series (I think), but no idea if he just keeps encountering dogs named Tequila.

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

Newest episode of Breaking Spines is out, this time covering the erotic horror novel "The Hunger" by Whitley Strieber, starring a pansexual vampire-but-not-really (SCIENCE VAMPIRES!) submitting herself of medical experiments. It's not bad. The author was abducted by aliens and was later played by Christopher Walken!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Miss Wallace posted:

New Baywatching! Mitch does battle with a dog and Eddie attempts to make Shauni jealous.
http://phelous.com/2015/04/13/obscurus-lupa/baywatching/baywatching-thin-or-die/

"This dog is lucky to be alive."
"It won't be for long..."

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Whitley Strieber wrote a vampire novel? I had no idea. I mostly know him from when my parents used to listen to Art Bell (Strieber was a frequent substitute host). He and Bell also wrote together: their book, The Coming Global Superstorm, was part of the basis for The Day After Tomorrow.

One quibble: it's pronounced "Stree-ber."

Also, I love that Tequila and Bonetti references are spreading out of Brad's videos.

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

Phelan, Brad, and I watched the show for the first time together and it was a beautiful experience. The dog falling out of a hospital window at the end of an episode made us lose our poo poo.

I'm also on an obsessive Quantum Leap binge ever since I watched it for the first time, so seeing another bizarre and wonderful Bellisario show is great. Lots of Leap actors in it as well.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Mr. Fowl posted:

"This dog is lucky to be alive."
"It won't be for long..."

Is it ever explained why Mitch hates dogs?

Miss Wallace posted:

Phelan, Brad, and I watched the show for the first time together and it was a beautiful experience. The dog falling out of a hospital window at the end of an episode made us lose our poo poo.

I'm also on an obsessive Quantum Leap binge ever since I watched it for the first time, so seeing another bizarre and wonderful Bellisario show is great. Lots of Leap actors in it as well.

The mashup of Gritty cop show and talking dog sounds like a winner. I need to check out this seires.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Miss Wallace posted:

I'm now wondering whether you've seen Inspector Rex, a show with possibly the best worst theme song ever.

Holy poo poo, Eddie's actor sounds like a creep.

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

PassTheRemote posted:

The only animals Mitch Buchannon loves are the kind that can be thrown on a barbecue.

EDIT: Holy poo poo that Inspector Rex show looks fantastic!

EDIT EDIT: 10 SEASONS!?!

Miss Wallace fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Apr 14, 2015

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Moviebob has another "Really that Good" video up, this time for Die Hard. I'm not watching it because I can't see how that man can ramble on for thirty minutes about a film he likes without repeating "this is amazing go watch it."

I liked it.

He does trot out his excruciating straw bro voice early on. Someone needs to break it to the man that it isn't funny, and that he's terrible at the funny reviewer thing period (which thankfully he's not trying to do with this series)(he's still wants to produce a "Skits Only" Game Overthinker spinoff, right?).

I'm interested to see what he does with the series once he gets past the obvious hit-baiting choices (though I can't blame him for starting with stuff like Ghostbusters and Die Hard. Gotta build an audience somehow).

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
Just finished watching the latest Baywatching.

After learning more about Billy Warlock (:rolleyes:), Lupa's weenie-Eddie's voice went from "funny" to "completely justified"

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Brad, on Pop Quiz Hotshot: "Everyone needs a Battlefield Earth on their resume."
http://www.thecinemasnob.com/con-panels/midwest-media-expo-the-cinema-snob-panel

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

achillesforever6 posted:

Why do you think they focus on the soldiers in those Transformer movies and how great the military is and OUR TROOPS!!!

Can't wait to see the episode on Death, mainly because one of my favorite characters in any medium is Death from The Sandman; though too bad that Satan is losing out because he's also great in The Sandman/Lucifer
I wouldn't be surprised if Death wins/won the vote due to Terry Pratchett's recent passing bringing Discworld to the front of people's minds. I expect to see a fair bit of Hogfather footage in that.

I'm also kind of interested Lindsay didn't look into the specific historical context that Steve Rogers the character would have developed in, specifically as a New Deal Democrat (and fine arts student).

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

PassTheRemote posted:

St. Bernards are world famous for stealing his saves.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Yvonmukluk posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Death wins/won the vote due to Terry Pratchett's recent passing bringing Discworld to the front of people's minds. I expect to see a fair bit of Hogfather footage in that.

I'm also kind of interested Lindsay didn't look into the specific historical context that Steve Rogers the character would have developed in, specifically as a New Deal Democrat (and fine arts student).

I decided to ask her my question on Tumblr, and the answer probably fits your question too:

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Heyo, I'm kinda surprised you didn't bring up the question of why Captain America has any international appeal, or at least talk about the subject of nationality defining who somebody is.

Chez Tumblr posted:

I feel like that question could be an episode in and of itself!

But long and short I was trying to stick to the thesis of how/if he upheld the “American Ideal”, which regardless of international appeal, is very much influenced by the state of things here.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Infamous Sphere posted:

I'm now wondering whether you've seen Inspector Rex, a show with possibly the best worst theme song ever.

Holy poo poo, Eddie's actor sounds like a creep.

That opening sequence is unreal. It looks like a spoof, but it's not.

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

Dog House is like that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qz0hgrKUHs

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Holy poo poo.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Man, that sucks, I hope Brad gets better, and I'm glad he had the courage to cut them off.

Thaaat said, even though Brad gave out the info himself, let's leave that post as it stands and avoid creepy internet detective work or Brad Twitterwatch on this situation.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Jsor posted:

Man, that sucks, I hope Brad gets better, and I'm glad he had the courage to cut them off.

Thaaat said, even though Brad gave out the info himself, let's leave that post as it stands and avoid creepy internet detective work or Brad Twitterwatch on this situation.

Yeah, read the post if you want and lets just move on.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Miss Wallace posted:

The only animals Mitch Buchannon loves are the kind that can be thrown on a barbecue.

EDIT: Holy poo poo that Inspector Rex show looks fantastic!

EDIT EDIT: 10 SEASONS!?!

Oh man, you've never heard of Inspector Rex before? I'm amazed. Here in Australia it was a really big thing, in terms of it was one of the few shows on SBS (the public broadcasting channel that mainly showed foreign and subtitled media) everyone had heard of. When you're a child, you think it's great, because you don't know how cheesy and predictable it is yet. I did German at school, and most of it was spent watching Inspector Rex. They've also got some terrible/amazing/terrible spinoffs, "Rex in Rome", as well as "Baby Rex."
The show usually featured a really obvious evil aryan villain, and a lame schlubby fat guy red herring. Surprise! Turns out the really obvious evil blonde nazi looking guy did it! All the time!
Oh man, I can talk about Inspector Rex all day.

Sorry, forgive my excitement, I'm just surprised to be the one informing *you* about something gloriously lovely.

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

I appreciate the heads up, it looks great! I immediately had to tell Brad about it, he seems excited. Spinoffs you say?

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
I liked Jake and his hatred of bad movies. Turns out he's an rear end. I hope the best for Brad. Poor guy.

Those dog clips are gold. Pure 24k gold. I wonder what a spoof of these would be with Brad and his cat(s?). I think he could pull it off.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
That was a read. I believe the expression is "Never meet your heroes, kids."

On an unrelated note, Miss Wallace, were you the one behind the existence of Dancing Ninja, because I saw it this morning and was pretty sure I was still dreaming after marathonning your stuff or something.

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The movie's great, and it's even greater reading about its troubled production history. I really need to do a Movie Nights on it. Best part is when Hasselhoff for no reason starts singing Hooked on a Feeling in the middle of an interview.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Miss Wallace posted:

The movie's great, and it's even greater reading about its troubled production history. I really need to do a Movie Nights on it. Best part is when Hasselhoff for no reason starts singing Hooked on a Feeling in the middle of an interview.

Please do. It was the right level of awful and hilariously bad that I need to see a Movie Nights on it. (Also I want to know about the production stuff)

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

It was originally the sequel to Beverly Hills Ninja, if that tells you anything.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
You know, despite everything, I can see that. Lucas Grabeel is no Chris Farley, but I can tell they were doing the same thing there.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Miss Wallace posted:

It was originally the sequel to Beverly Hills Ninja, if that tells you anything.

This is now a must watch for me. I can give no reasonable explanation for this.

Other than Hasselhoff.

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

Yeah, the plot is very similar. Even if it's been years since I've seen Beverly Hills Ninja, I could tell it followed a lot of the same beats.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Brad deserves better and I pray for the best for him.

Also love the new Baywatching. drat, that ep was just... Talk about sending all the wrong messages. :psyduck:

edit: drat that dog is adorable though

Compendium fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Apr 14, 2015

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
New episode - I finally talked about Frank Underwood, everyone's favourite evil bisexual. Also, Halt and Catch Fire. Just male bisexuality in general, right here.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

Almost this exact same situation happened in my friend group. :eng99:
Right down to the truth coming out over a trip, leading to an awkward drive home.

Beefstew fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Apr 14, 2015

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Beefstew posted:

Almost this exact same situation happened in my friend group. :eng99:
Right down to the truth coming out over a trip, leading to an awkward drive home.

Including the suggestion that the friend was selfish for turning down the communal love suggestion? Because that was something.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

Mr. Fowl posted:

Including the suggestion that the friend was selfish for turning down the communal love suggestion? Because that was something.

Yes. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?
Linkara finishes of Patreon week (thank god) with Titans: Paper-Scissors-Stone

I kinda share Linkara's reaction to this comic - part of me absolutely hates it for the poo poo artwork (I hate that style - it might just be a personal thing) and the blatant fanservice (although I'll allow for the chance that it's intentional) but the other part of me likes the idea and the setup and, unlike Linkara, I think the ending is pretty good.

Does anyone know anything about the 'Empowered' comic? I remember bumping into it briefly before and writing it off as some creepy dude's excuse to indulge his latex/exhibitionism kink (much like El Goonish Shive does w/transformation). Right now I'm at work and I'm afraid to google it.

Speaking of kink indulgent - does anyone remember that one reviewer/critic whose thing was asking the women he interviewed to pretend they'd stuck his feet to the floor with glue? I'm pretty sure I didn't imagine that and I wonder if he's still around.

KayTee fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Apr 14, 2015

• Locked thread