Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Renfield posted:

Everything apart from the new WaithKnight, Flyer and Spiritseer dates back to late 2nd / early 3rd edition.
With some (Phoenix Lords) dating back to late RT.

It's a testament to Jez Goodwins' designs, but looking dated now.

(I also prefer the Metal 'Waldo' WarWalkers and old, Metal Jetbikes to the current plastic ones)

Not strictly true anymore. Warwalkers, Wraithlord, Dire Avengers, Rangers, Dark Reapers, Fire Dragons, Striking Scorpions, Howling Banshees, and Fireprisms were 4th/5th edition. Obviously 6th ed. onwards there's the new plastic kits, but everything else dates back from at least 3rd edition, often earlier.

The problem is that all barring Dire Avengers, all the other aspect warriors and characters are either metal or loving finecast, and things like the jetbikes, shining spears, and vypers are all old plastic kits dating back 15 years or more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
Most of those are moved to finecast and the dragons had one pose added otherwise same as the old metal minis... the older metal rangers where a better model, and where available for cheeper than the updated ones until very recently.

I'll give you Avengers and War-Walkers though (the new walkers are garbage compared to the old sculpts).. and guardians, which changed when they required a weapon platform in the unit.

So, yeah, ok, some are only 9 years old- but the point still stands that a Lot of the models are Very, Very old indeed

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Renfield posted:

Everything apart from the new WaithKnight, Flyer and Spiritseer dates back to late 2nd / early 3rd edition.
With some (Phoenix Lords) dating back to late RT.

It's a testament to Jez Goodwins' designs, but looking dated now.

(I also prefer the Metal 'Waldo' WarWalkers and old, Metal Jetbikes to the current plastic ones)

(Edit. these guys: )

Nothing in the Eldar line dates back to RT. The Phoenix Lords, vyper, and jetbikes are the oldest parts of the line, dating back to 2E.

E: my bad, a handful of the warlocks may be from RT.

PeterWeller fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Apr 13, 2015

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
I think you're mistaken, as nothing in the 2nd ed codex was new, apart from the Vyper, which didn't have a model (I converted 2 bikes into a single Vyper with lascannon- Massivly OP with the Pop-Up rules then).
But, Google is full of new rumors - can't find anything.

Warlocks ! forgot about those !

(Edit. Just had a poo. Now less stressed about model release dates)

Renfield fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Apr 13, 2015

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
I must be the only person who actually likes the Warp Spider models. I have like 40 metal ones.

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Eldar are probably the army that needs releases the most. They have very little plastic, and at least from a rules standpoint they're most in need of a rebalance, probably with Space Marines as a close second.

Obligatory sororitas griping. :bahgawd:

It's like they don't even exist.

FagtasticalMondays
Oct 10, 2013

Phyresis posted:

I must be the only person who actually likes the Warp Spider models. I have like 40 metal ones.

The Warp spiders are one of the better old metal eldar units, I wish they had some decent rules though.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

FagtasticalMondays posted:

The Warp spiders are one of the better old metal eldar units, I wish they had some decent rules though.

You're joking, right? They're quite good in the current dex.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.
Warp Spiders are one of the best things in the Eldar book, after Serpents and Wraithknights?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The Warp Spiders are legit one of the best models GW have done and their inevitable plastic redo where the kit makes warp spiders and some other unit will mean they look awful.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Phyresis posted:

I like the aesthetic, but not the material or the way the posing interacts with the material

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I love the look of Warp Spiders, I just don't like their static poses. They look great in the Dawn of War games. Jes Goodwin will do right though, whenever they make new plastics I'm pretty positive they'll rule like 99% of his stuff.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Renfield posted:

(the new walkers are garbage compared to the old sculpts)

Nah the plastic ones actually stay the gently caress together and don't look retarded.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

Renfield posted:

I think you're mistaken, as nothing in the 2nd ed codex was new, apart from the Vyper, which didn't have a model (I converted 2 bikes into a single Vyper with lascannon- Massivly OP with the Pop-Up rules then).
But, Google is full of new rumors - can't find anything.

Warlocks ! forgot about those !

(Edit. Just had a poo. Now less stressed about model release dates)

Warp Spiders and Shining Spears were new to the 2E codex, though the latter didn't get models until 3E. The other aspects' models dated back to RT, but they have all been replaced since then. The Vyper got a model some time after the codex release.

Oh, and the current Avatar dates back to 2E.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
The idea of Eldar jetbikes having a Serpent shield like attack...

Haha

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Boon posted:

The idea of Eldar jetbikes having a Serpent shield like attack...

Haha

:suicide:

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

ELDAR SHINING SPEARS Finecast Box
ELDAR AUTARCH SKYRUNNER Finecast Box

loving lmao

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
lmbo

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Last month GW charged me three times for a digital copy of White Dwarf because their lovely website wouldn't recognise that I had paid them. It's just done it again. The BL site is so incredibly poo poo that it cannot recognise that it has:
A) received money and therefore should unlock goods.
B) Failed a transaction and should not charge your card.

Thanks Black Library. BLanks.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
It's me, I;m the clams

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Last month GW charged me three times for a digital copy of White Dwarf because their lovely website wouldn't recognise that I had paid them. It's just done it again. The BL site is so incredibly poo poo that it cannot recognise that it has:
B) Failed a transaction and should not charge
your card.

A 40k edition of Look Around You would be great.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
Since we are looking at codex: craftworlds do you think that means that the aspect warriors will be split off into a seperate book?

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

Cataphract posted:

Since we are looking at codex: craftworlds do you think that means that the aspect warriors will be split off into a seperate book?

I doubt it. Aspects are central to the craftworld armies, and we have new shining spear and autarch boxes coming with the book.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Phyresis posted:

ELDAR SHINING SPEARS Finecast Box
ELDAR AUTARCH SKYRUNNER Finecast Box

loving lmao

What the hell is that

gently caress it I hope its the most overpowered poo poo possible.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Cataphract posted:

what about the hillbilly ones that rides dinosaurs?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Interesting. Looks like Corax is indeed the first of the third book primarchs to get a model. Dorn, Alpharius, and Perturabo left.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

PeterWeller posted:

I doubt it. Aspects are central to the craftworld armies, and we have new shining spear and autarch boxes coming with the book.

Central in the sense that instead of fixing the rules and releasing new versions of 20 year old aspect warriors they keep putting out new poo poo.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Cythereal posted:

Interesting. Looks like Corax is indeed the first of the third book primarchs to get a model. Dorn, Alpharius, and Perturabo left.

What makes you say that? The only Corax entry on that list is the hardcover version on the 2013 Black Library book.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Didn't this high quality website cost something north of 20 million dollars?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Nah, that was a misunderstanding of the financial reports as far as I recall. The website was in the same category of expenditure that totalled millions. I think the partial reconstruction of their HQ building was part of it as well.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

spacegoat posted:

Central in the sense that instead of fixing the rules and releasing new versions of 20 year old aspect warriors they keep putting out new poo poo.

How often do we have to point out that most of the aspect sculpts were updated for the 4E codex? And aside from banshees and spears, their rules range from decent (scorpions) to really loving good (spiders).

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Scorpions are actually pretty bad, imo, and I say this as someone who owns 30 and Karandras.

I10 S3 AP- hits, whoop de loving doo.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Eldar got two major updates in their model range, one after the other and the first set was wretched. The Fire Dragons were probably the worst offender, check the guy in the middle and compare him to how good the ancient 2nd ed models are:

I LOVE BEING STRONK.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

lol that you even wanted to buy white dwarf once

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Cythereal posted:

Dorn is all I've been waiting for since this poo poo started, hurry the gently caress up FW

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

WAR FOOT posted:

Scorpions are actually pretty bad, imo, and I say this as someone who owns 30 and Karandras.

Yeah, the extra attack was so much better. Who wants to put wounds on marines 1/3 of the time when you can wound a marine 1/4 of the time!

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Corrode posted:

Dorn is all I've been waiting for since this poo poo started, hurry the gently caress up FW

Leman Russ will gently caress his poo poo up.

Bad Decision Dino
Aug 3, 2010

We'll invade Russia.

WAR FOOT posted:

I like them, but they're a very niche squad (anti-horde melee) and their niche isn't very good in the current meta. That said, every once in a while they run into a Guard gunline and murder every single motherfucker.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

DJ Dizzy posted:

Leman Russ will gently caress his poo poo up.

I have a dream of owning Heresy era Fists/Night Lords faceoff armies. One day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
So I've got a huge amount of mostly used-but-salvageable paint pots of various companies, types, etc, all of the GW ones I believe are all out of production types(except maybe the foundations?). How much should I sell them for and would anyone here be interested? I'm hoping to just sell the entirety of it as one lot. Here's an Imgur gallery with all the different paints sorted by color type, there's multiples of many of them. There's also a big ol' thing of empty pots/dried up stuff, if you think you can find a use for'em.

http://imgur.com/a/vG3Cy

A couple samples:

• Locked thread