Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

I'd buy from ya direct, Rhyno.

I've been thinking about starting a direct to goons service but we're going through a little bit of a restructure right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

boom boom boom posted:

Yeah, new Figuarts are around 40 dollars.

You can get Master Asia for 32 bucks!

https://www.hlj.com/product/BAN992024/Act

Funny thing too, Master Asia is compatible with Robot Damashii Master Gundam (as is Figuarts Domon with Damashii God Gundam), so you can replace the Gundam's faces with their respective fighters.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
God drat I need Hot Toys to announce a Charlie Cox Daredevil.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Veg posted:

God drat I need Hot Toys to announce a Charlie Cox Daredevil.

Agreed, him and Vincent

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

I only have the little one, but he's still badass because he wears the GAUNTLET!

So, after a page of everyone ripping on Funko... I ordered that Slimer. I have a pencil drawing and production cel of Slimer and Venkman from the old cartoon so maybe I'll make a little Ghostbusters area once that Vinyl Idol line comes out.

I also picked up the Earthworm Jim SDCC exclusive from a couple years ago because he's awesome and comes with a bendy worm body so you can make him whip his own body/head as a weapon like in the game. Also it was $20 opposed to the $40-50 I've seen everywhere else. Groovy!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

boom boom boom posted:

Yeah, new Figuarts are around 40 dollars.

You can get Master Asia for 32 bucks!

[url][/url]

Wow, it actually came out? I remember seeing the prototype image from some trade show for YEARS after Domon was released. I never kept up with the news I guess.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
The deadliest woman in the universe has arrived (and apparently has tiny black hairs on her)

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I'm not bashing on that really cool toy but does anyone know if there's a comic-style Gamora ML in the works? As much as I like the movie I would like to get a Groot and Gamora in the comic style to finish the core team. I also want some guardians other than the main 5 but I'm not dumb enough to think that's happening.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I'm not bashing on that really cool toy but does anyone know if there's a comic-style Gamora ML in the works? As much as I like the movie I would like to get a Groot and Gamora in the comic style to finish the core team. I also want some guardians other than the main 5 but I'm not dumb enough to think that's happening.

Yes, they're making a comic themed 5-pack coming out sometime later this year.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Louisgod posted:

Yes, they're making a comic themed 5-pack coming out sometime later this year.

I wonder if it is going to be the SDCC exclusive as they weren't shown at Toy Fair. I hope not! They have to figure out where to put that Illyana and Dormamu prototype and I am hopeful those would end up as part of the exclusive instead.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Considering Star Lord was in last year's pack, I doubt the GOTG set is going to be the SDCC exclusive.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

If I wanted to get a Daredevil figure, what would be my best bet? The new Legends looks pretty good, but the billy club being droopy plastic really kind of frustrates me. Is the Select any good? Any other good options?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

EVGA Longoria posted:

If I wanted to get a Daredevil figure, what would be my best bet? The new Legends looks pretty good, but the billy club being droopy plastic really kind of frustrates me. Is the Select any good? Any other good options?

The rumor-mill is saying there is a Daredevil Legends line in the works so either you can try and get the Legends figure that's floating out there (I can check Target for you if you'd like since it's hard to find), or you can hold off and see if the Legends line rumor is true. Depends on what you want: Comic or Netflix Daredevil, since that seems fairly likely all things considered.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

EVGA Longoria posted:

Honestly, that Legends DD is really great. He doesn't seem to get the bloopy-paint glob issues that other ML figures have, and despite being difficult to find, is a great interpretation. He's worth the risk, and if you don't like his club once you get one, you should be able to find a reasonable replacement of some kind on eBay.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Netflix Daredevil would be really nice. I'm in the middle of watching it, and it's a really really good show.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I'm thinking about making myself a comic book style Bane since all the official ones are prohibitively expensive. Can anyone recommend a hulk-size figure, readily available, preferably molded in flesh color plastic? I want him to be huge and imposing but fit in with a 6.5 inch DCC scale.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

MooselanderII posted:

I wonder if it is going to be the SDCC exclusive as they weren't shown at Toy Fair. I hope not! They have to figure out where to put that Illyana and Dormamu prototype and I am hopeful those would end up as part of the exclusive instead.

I kind of hope Illyana doesn't end up as part of an exclusive solely because I really, really want a decent figure of her and I'd rather be able to buy her directly instead of asking a SDCC-going pal or stalking ebay. gently caress exclusives, unless they're at a con I can get to readily. :colbert:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

The_Doctor posted:

Netflix Daredevil would be really nice. I'm in the middle of watching it, and it's a really really good show.

This is a correct post.

I'm avoiding the hell out of any DD or Netflix threads to avoid any spoilers, but the rise of that show means that we're that much closer to a Stilt-Man figure.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Travis343 posted:

I'm thinking about making myself a comic book style Bane since all the official ones are prohibitively expensive. Can anyone recommend a hulk-size figure, readily available, preferably molded in flesh color plastic? I want him to be huge and imposing but fit in with a 6.5 inch DCC scale.

Do what I doing. Get a old DCSH Bane, rip the legs out and replace them with Despiro BAF legs and pop the boots on.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Louisgod posted:

The rumor-mill is saying there is a Daredevil Legends line in the works so either you can try and get the Legends figure that's floating out there (I can check Target for you if you'd like since it's hard to find), or you can hold off and see if the Legends line rumor is true. Depends on what you want: Comic or Netflix Daredevil, since that seems fairly likely all things considered.

Comic DD for now. I'll keep that in mind, thanks. Going to check the stores tomorrow and might take you up on that.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
What banes are expensive and why?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
HLJ has a clearance sale going on - some good stuff there you guys might be interested in: http://hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?Sale...nreCode2&Page=1

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

TaurusOxford posted:

HLJ has a clearance sale going on - some good stuff there you guys might be interested in: http://hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?Sale...nreCode2&Page=1

Goddamn, Fourze Magnet States for 350 yen?

I didn't even like Fourze and I'm thinking about buying four.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

rear end Catchcum posted:

What banes are expensive and why?

The BAF Bane is really pricey. The old DCSH Bane is less pricey but still goes for $25 or more plus whatever shipping eBay sellers decide to tack on there.

The DCSH Bane is alright. I'd really like something with fists, and better articulation in the arms.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

boom boom boom posted:

Goddamn, Fourze Magnet States for 350 yen?

I didn't even like Fourze and I'm thinking about buying four.

It's a good figure. Base states is also on sale too, which is an EXCELLENT figure, even if you know nothing about the franchise.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
I think that's supposedly from Play Imaginative, so it probably won't actually make it into anyone's hands. They announced and showed off that they were going to release every movie Iron Man suit a two or three years ago. I think they actually put out 3.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Travis343 posted:

The BAF Bane is really pricey. The old DCSH Bane is less pricey but still goes for $25 or more plus whatever shipping eBay sellers decide to tack on there.

The DCSH Bane is alright. I'd really like something with fists, and better articulation in the arms.

Well if you get a DCSH Bane you WILL have to mod the legs since they are unarticulated garbage. The arms are perfectly fine though. At that point though you are better off going for the BAF Bane. The BAF Bane actually seems to be one of the most reasonable priced of the DC BAF. My only issue with it is he is way too tall if you re a stickler for scale.

On the stupid money scale there is a REALLY nice looking Knightfall DCD Bane but that goes for more than the BAF with old school DCD articulation. I have always half thought about getting one and trying to craft more articulation into it because it looks so good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
DC BAFs are still pricey? I saw some dude in a FB group selling a bunch of them for like $30 and under.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Rhyno posted:

DC BAFs are still pricey? I saw some dude in a FB group selling a bunch of them for like $30 and under.

Some of them. Darkseid I know is, which sucks since I really want one. The DCUC pricing in general is really odd. I am hoping the new DCD stuff is actually 6 inch so I can get some stuff I have wanted but not pay out the nose.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

All I want is Clayface III and a 6" silver age Bizarro. After 15+ years of collecting I'm starting to lose hope.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

All I want is Clayface III and a 6" silver age Bizarro. After 15+ years of collecting I'm starting to lose hope.

Clayface III? The one with the bowl head?

BlackCircle
Oct 21, 2005

I did Nazi that butt coming
One of my friends on his usual hunts managed to find and snag for me a Daredevil Marvel Legends and that just about made my day. I have been striking out all over the place trying to find one and now I can finally cross it off my list.

Now the only things I really really want are two TMNT figures I have yet to see in the wild at all.

1. Stockman Fly
2. Snake Karai

I was starting to wonder if either was even out until my friend showed me a picture of him holding the only Stockman Fly at his local Target. Fuckin lucky bastard.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Speaking of ML Daredevil, if any of you fine folks have him but don't care about the Hobgoblin BAF piece, I'll gladly take it off your hands. :)

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Djarum posted:

Clayface III? The one with the bowl head?

Yup, the one Alan Moore and Grant Morrison used in some really cool stories I read when I was a tween. I'll always love that character.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Xenomrph posted:

Speaking of ML Daredevil, if any of you fine folks have him but don't care about the Hobgoblin BAF piece, I'll gladly take it off your hands. :)

I have the pieces that came with DD and 2099, want both sets?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

threezero has the first 2 turtles from the new movie up on their site. $380US for the pair or $230US each. Right now its Leo and Mikey. Tempting but thats a lot of cash for all 4 turtles. Might just wait for Donatello.

http://www.threezerostore.com/index.php?type=Categories&id=21&pid=84&lang=en-US

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

SpikeMcclane posted:

I think that's supposedly from Play Imaginative, so it probably won't actually make it into anyone's hands. They announced and showed off that they were going to release every movie Iron Man suit a two or three years ago. I think they actually put out 3.

Indeed from Play Imaginative/Comicave Studios

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORRnY2aw3aM&hd=1

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Yup, the one Alan Moore and Grant Morrison used in some really cool stories I read when I was a tween. I'll always love that character.

Yup. I think the LOTDK Clayface is supposed to be him. He doesn't have the bowl but still has parts of the containment suit on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
What's the general concensus on playarts lurker alien from the colonial marines game? I have all revoltech aliens and some neca stuff, but this figure intrigues me