Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Apple watch and Android Wear aren't competitors. Both are locked into their own ecosystem and people aren't choosing their smartphone platform based on the wearables that are available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

bull3964 posted:

Apple watch and Android Wear aren't competitors. Both are locked into their own ecosystem and people aren't choosing their smartphone platform based on the wearables that are available.

If the rumors are true and companies are trying to make non-Apple Watches more uniformly compatible with iOS then they will be direct competitors. However, Apple Watch by virtue of existing is going to relegate other watch brands as the "cheap" alternative or simply drive down their prices as non-Apple watch makers compete on "value for materials" alone. My hope is this creates a notable luxury brand of watches from non-Apple companies rather than simply a newer and "affordable" Moto 360 (AKA, not cool).

I guess it bears noting that what you said doesn't explain why AW isn't even sold well among their own client base.

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Apr 14, 2015

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
I agree no one knows what a Moto 360 is but anyone I show it to thinks its amazing. On top of that, I think its cool and does everything I want it to do so I'm very happy with my purchase.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Yeah I don't think my GWR looks particularly great and the only compliment I got on it was from an old guy who thought the hands just lit up (he couldn't care less/understand other features) but it works great and that's good enough for me until something super sexy comes out. Maybe the next 360 or an AW version of the G Watch Urbane LTE or whatever.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

bull3964 posted:

I have a Note 4 and my company phone is an iPhone 6, but if I did not have an iPhone for work, the Moto360 would keep me from switching to an iPhone for my primary device. I don't particularly care for the Apple watch, and I honestly HAVE (you know what I mean) to have a smart watch at this point.

Theodyn
Oct 12, 2012

I like all kinds of alcohol. Except schnapps. Schnapps can go to hell.

Fatal posted:

$165 free shipping through google, drat they are dropping the hammer. This is comparable to most of the loving bands of the apple watch,

https://store.google.com/product/moto_360

Looks like this is US only, unfortunately. It's £200 on the UK site.

Anyone know of any cheap deals on a 360 in the UK?

Theodyn
Oct 12, 2012

I like all kinds of alcohol. Except schnapps. Schnapps can go to hell.
EDIT: Ignore this.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

XyrlocShammypants posted:

If it were cool it would sell. Here is the thing I find funny. Is it a decent looking product? Yes. People go on and on about the shape and materials and price point. The companies also had "first in the market" privileges as well. Yet, sales were low and it's not a visible product in public. People see your watch and they go "oh cool!" because like the guy who posted earlier, it's really hard to find anyone wearing it [The real question is do the people who see it want to go out and buy it or do they go out and buy it?]. Selling <1.2 units of a product over more than a year is nothing. Why shouldn't a product that by in large looks good or at least fine, is made of good enough materials and is priced so cheaply it could be sold at a mall kiosk not be selling? This is the part where people who don't want to accept it's a branding issue talk about how it's just a niche item people don't need or really want and only watch efficianados will buy it. Well, then Apple Watch sales come in and they sell 1-2 million (or more) in a weekend and that all goes to hell.

Edit: Where I am going with this is that the Apple Watch will help sell the Android Wear products because Android Wear can't market itself as cool to anyone (anyone in substantial numbers). Second, there is no "Galaxy S" high-class cellphone item in the Watch market to compete with the Apple products being released which is a problem for competition. Maybe Apple Watch's release will generate one because Moto 360 ain't it.

Regarding the first point, the Apple hype machine is a monster. Only Samsung comes remotely close, and Samsung has chosen regarding smartwatches to have a little fit about their reliance on Google instead of throwing weight behind Android Wear. So yeah, duh, the Apple thing sold a factor of X more than the non-Apple thing. That's because the hype for the Apple thing was 10X the hype for the non-Apple thing. Keep in mind, many super-hyped products that did well on day 1 weren't looking so good after 1 year, and vice versa.

Regarding the second point, that's partially true, though I thought the Moto 360 and G Watch R were pretty good considering they were first gen products. We will now be getting the Moto 360 gen 2, LG Watch Urbane, and Huawei Watch. Which are all looking to be products I would hold up against the Apple Watch with a straight face.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Rastor posted:

Regarding the first point, the Apple hype machine is a monster. Only Samsung comes remotely close, and Samsung has chosen regarding smartwatches to have a little fit about their reliance on Google instead of throwing weight behind Android Wear. So yeah, duh, the Apple thing sold a factor of X more than the non-Apple thing. That's because the hype for the Apple thing was 10X the hype for the non-Apple thing. Keep in mind, many super-hyped products that did well on day 1 weren't looking so good after 1 year, and vice versa.

Regarding the second point, that's partially true, though I thought the Moto 360 and G Watch R were pretty good considering they were first gen products. We will now be getting the Moto 360 gen 2, LG Watch Urbane, and Huawei Watch. Which are all looking to be products I would hold up against the Apple Watch with a straight face.

Internal hardware aside, I think the casing for the apple watch looks like trash.

I have an LG G watch not because the square look was nice, but because I wanted an android wear watch near day one.

My watch, and the apple watch, both look like some crappy 80 calculator watch. I really don't know why people would want to spend $400, let alone TEN GRAND on something like that.

Also, relying on the crown for controlling many of the functions of the watch just seems like a lovely ui decision, one which I really can't grasp as to why they thought it would be a good idea instead of using its touchscreen.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Nitrousoxide posted:

Internal hardware aside, I think the casing for the apple watch looks like trash.

I have an LG G watch not because the square look was nice, but because I wanted an android wear watch near day one.

My watch, and the apple watch, both look like some crappy 80 calculator watch. I really don't know why people would want to spend $400, let alone TEN GRAND on something like that.

Also, relying on the crown for controlling many of the functions of the watch just seems like a lovely ui decision, one which I really can't grasp as to why they thought it would be a good idea instead of using its touchscreen.

Because it's Apple and they can do literally anything and people will buy it. My girlfriends sister made fun of my Android Wear watch constantly for being retarded and a waste of money.

Then Apple announced their watch and now smart watches are cool. But not mine. It's still retarded because it isn't Apple.

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

Len posted:

Then Apple announced their watch and now smart watches are cool. But not mine. It's still retarded because it isn't Apple.

Truth. I was constantly ridiculed about my Note 3 and now Now 4. "Lol man what is that thing a cookie sheet? Jeez!"

Those same people (well, two of them anyway) have 6+'s and swear by them. It's the best thing ever. Hmph.

Just wait until Qi is invented.

Anyhow, in order to avoid a serious derail: content time.

The 360 is a great buy at it's current price. I picked up a steel one. I had and sold (shocker) the 360 when it came out. It sucked rear end. Months later, now that I have another one, I have to say Android Wear and the watchface market has come an awful long way. Sure new hardware is welcome, but the 360 at firesale prices is still a fine watch.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

hotsauce posted:

Truth. I was constantly ridiculed about my Note 3 and now Now 4. "Lol man what is that thing a cookie sheet? Jeez!"

Those same people (well, two of them anyway) have 6+'s and swear by them. It's the best thing ever. Hmph.

Just wait until Qi is invented.

Anyhow, in order to avoid a serious derail: content time.

The 360 is a great buy at it's current price. I picked up a steel one. I had and sold (shocker) the 360 when it came out. It sucked rear end. Months later, now that I have another one, I have to say Android Wear and the watchface market has come an awful long way. Sure new hardware is welcome, but the 360 at firesale prices is still a fine watch.

Planning to pick one up at Costco today (if they are in stores) as a trial. Very intrigued and not sure why I want a smartwatch, but I do.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Nitrousoxide posted:

I mean this is one way to look at it. Another way to look at it is that you're wrong and people who might buy smartwatches prefer those things the Apple Watch has (including the crown and the shape of the watch and the materials) and you're just ignorant of the market. There is this weird bitterness that comes from the companies that produce competitor smartwatches to the Apple Watch as well as AW (android wear) consumers that goes: "look, this is just a silly product that people don't need, but it should essentially be exactly X, Y and Z" and that's exactly what AW gives consumers. Unfortunately, this is a bad strategy because making a watch that is (1) generally confused for a normal watch until someone sees you using it and (2) provides only the basic functions you'd expect from a smartwatch (generation 1 or 2) is pretty much giving Apple a layup here to dominate the market and make AW look foolish. Pebble gets this, which is why they are making square watches (as one example) and in this sense the watch aficionados who demand (1) and (2) are absolutely wrong on how to sell the product.

There seems to be a lot of confusion between people's individual tastes and preferences of what lots of people who would actually buy such a product are.

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Apr 14, 2015

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

I mean this is one way to look at it. Another way to look at it is that you're wrong and people who might buy smartwatches prefer those things the Apple Watch has (including the crown and the shape of the watch and the materials) and you're just ignorant of the market. There is this weird bitterness that comes from the companies that produce competitor smartwatches to the Apple Watch as well as AW (android wear) consumers that goes: "look, this is just a silly product that people don't need, but it should essentially be exactly X, Y and Z" and that's exactly what AW gives consumers. Unfortunately, this is a bad strategy because making a watch that is (1) generally confused for a normal watch until someone sees you using it and (2) provides only the basic functions you'd expect from a smartwatch (generation 1 or 2) is pretty much giving Apple a layup here to dominate the market and make AW look foolish. Pebble gets this, which is why they are making square watches (as one example) and in this sense the watch aficionados who demand (1) and (2) are absolutely wrong on how to sell the product.
I mean this is one way to look at it. Another way to look at it is that you're wrong and people who might buy a watch -- any watch, smart or otherwise -- might prefer it to be stylish rather than look like a weird rounded rectangle original iPhone that shrank in the laundry techno gizmo looking thing. They might want their smartwatch to be fast and simple to use to get and act on essential information rather than a complicated semi-smartphone with like 20 different methods of interaction. Pebble gets this, as does Android Wear. Apple is making a huge bet that people will choose complicated over simple; that even though they haven't figured out what kind of apps are appropriate for a smartwatch, the developer ecosystem will figure it out.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

So you prefer a different watch because it's stylish to you, and 1 million other people purchased a different watch in a single day because it was stylish to them. The assumption that the Apple Watch isn't considered stylish or desirable is really going to make people look foolish when it sells 5x as many watches in it's first year than AW does in a year despite being "hideous" and having "weird and stupid features" like a crown.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

So you prefer a different watch because it's stylish to you, and 1 million other people purchased a different watch in a single day because it was stylish to them. The assumption that the Apple Watch isn't considered stylish or desirable is really going to make people look foolish when it sells 5x as many watches in it's first year than AW does in a year despite being "hideous" and having "weird and stupid features" like a crown.

Well iphones for a while were the vogue smartphones as well, but just because a brajillion people had them still didnt make me like them. I like to meddle with my gadgets too much. But they do make a very pretty product for sure.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I think the Apple Watch looks great for an Apple Watch. It doesn't look like a normal watch, and when viewed through that traditional lens it's awfully ugly. But they weren't in the market to make a watch that happens to be Apple made, they were in the market to make their own take on the watch. And they chose the square form for that, because while a circular timepiece makes sense for telling the time, squares make more sense for displaying information as we've come to expect it.

I'm going to stay with circular timepieces/smartwatches for the time being, because I would like my smartwatch or whatever to look like a standard, traditional watch. Some people don't, or some people like the design of Apple's (or even Pebble/Asus/whoever makes square smartwatches) more. That's their choice :capitalism:

i tried the apple watch in the store and holy poo poo it has so many features and drat it's complicated. i can bet 70%+ of the people who buy it won't use any feature other than the clock

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. Bertrand Russell

I think the Apple Watch is ugly. Like...really ugly...compared to the Moto 360 or that Huawei Watch.

People will still buy the Apple Watch, even if they might, in a double-blinded scenario, prefer the looks of another smartwatch. This is because of the brand loyalty and cachet Apple has built for itself. Brand loyalty and cachet aren't something to look down on, using past experiences as a guide for purchases is a good heuristic for someone to choose a product to buy.

But the Apple Watch outselling Android Wear devices doesn't say a whole lot about the style relative to other smart watches other than that, if its aesthetic appeal is on average lesser than some other smart watches, it's not lesser-enough to outweigh other factors.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

The problem is that right now a "stylish" Smartwatch is simply what watch looks most like an expensive (or lower end nice looking "Fossil") mechanical watch. That's all people have for a basis of comparison and that is supported right now because AW producers have bought into the idea that a Smart Watch should closely approximate existing watch options while also having new features. However, Apple is taking a risk and saying "this is what a stylish smart watch looks like" (supported by their incredible branding and intelligent move to make premium expensive variants). When 80% of Smart Watch wearers are wearing a square Smart Watch with a crown then that is what will become stylish. AW had a chance to define "cool" and they didn't do it, which is just mindboggling. Instead they allowed Tissot and other manufacturers of mechanical watches to define cool and stylish and they just tried to buy into a saturated market.

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 14, 2015

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. Bertrand Russell

AW had a chance to define "cool" and they didn't do it, which is just mindboggling.

I don't think this is mindboggling, I think it should have been expected. (in fact I bet Google did expect it to play out exactly as it has)

In fact, I'd say that they just could not have defined "cool". No one besides Apple has the position to create "cool".

Android Wear doesn't make any products, it's basically just a set of UI guidelines and APIs.

Individual AW-using manufacturers are all tiny, more risk-averse, and have less talent compared to Apple. It's not terribly unlikely that Apple will improve the market for Android Wear using devices just like the iPhone did for Android in general. All those Android Wear-using manufacturers will benefit from Apple's investments and risk-taking.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

The last two posts are insightful. Android wear has a bad brand- it's not cool. It's not a cool product (set of products) and successful people can't with any regularity be seen wearing it and so now it's cheap. It also means it likely won't evolve into anything exceptional beyond what it is because the market will be crowded out by products that are well branded and cool and visible in public particularly among people with money.

So just like Android phones.

Sorry wrong thread.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

AW had a chance to define "cool" and they didn't do it, which is just mindboggling.

Lol please explain from where Android Wear should have pulled the media saturating power Apple has to define things as "cool", thanks.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
A lot of what constitutes "cool" in terms of fashion (which is what watches are, fashion) is the branding. A watch could be the most amazingly sexy thing in the world, and the most functional, but if it's made by Microsoft, Motorola, or some other "uncool" company it doesn't count. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it takes an extraordinary amount of time and effort. You can't make uncool products on the side as you sell your badass cool product, everything you do needs to backup your claims. Motorola, Huawei, Asus, Samsung, and other AW companies don't make only "cool" products.

If you were focused on branding, would you buy a watch from a company that also makes refrigerators? Or a company that used to make cable boxes? Or would you like to buy from a Swiss company that has literally making classic watches for centuries? Apple is in the unique position in that they have this wide product variety but they are also pushing the fashion aspect while making laptops and phones. Of course, they have more clout because many people think that macbooks/imacs/iphones are "cool" and "fashionable". Whether they will succeed in pushing their designs into fashionable mainstream remains to be seen (they will succeed imo because :money: and branding).

To say that AW had a chance to be "cool" is difficult. I think the Moto 360, Huawei Watch, and even the ZenWatch were cool and fashionable. But they didn't make it because it isn't cool to be wearing a watch made by any of those companies.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Holy poo poo.

We're seriously have a 'cool' debate in this thread. I just wanted an android wear watch that didn't look like I had a square computer on my wrist and that's exactly what the moto 360 delivers. It's inconspicuous and looks like a drat normal watch. I'm not trying to make a cool statement about wearable computing or even time pieces. I wanted something understated and functional.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
I want the round AW watches to do well and force Apple to "Reinvent" the round smart watch just to hear the groaning.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Basically if you're not apple whatever you have is looked at as a cheap 2nd rate "other." It's not even like Nintendo 64 and Playstation. It's like n64 and like MAYBE dream cast.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Logikv9 posted:

I think the Moto 360, Huawei Watch, and even the ZenWatch were cool and fashionable. But they didn't make it because it isn't cool to be wearing a watch made by any of those companies.

How can the Huawei watch be 'were cool' and 'didn't make it' if it's not even out yet?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

blugu64 posted:

How can the Huawei watch be 'were cool' and 'didn't make it' if it's not even out yet?

It's a Moto 360 that's thicker (bad) but has a fully-round screen with not-GWR bezels. I think it looks good.

And it's not going to make any more waves than the 360/GWR/anything AW did. Maybe if they made it $150 it might make some traction in China, but it's going nowhere.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

The problem is that right now a "stylish" Smartwatch is simply what watch looks most like an expensive (or lower end nice looking "Fossil") mechanical watch. That's all people have for a basis of comparison and that is supported right now because AW producers have bought into the idea that a Smart Watch should closely approximate existing watch options while also having new features. However, Apple is taking a risk and saying "this is what a stylish smart watch looks like" (supported by their incredible branding and intelligent move to make premium expensive variants). When 80% of Smart Watch wearers are wearing a square Smart Watch with a crown then that is what will become stylish. AW had a chance to define "cool" and they didn't do it, which is just mindboggling. Instead they allowed Tissot and other manufacturers of mechanical watches to define cool and stylish and they just tried to buy into a saturated market.

How is apple taking a risk making a rectangular smart watch? Its not like they are stepping out there and doing something different from what other smart watches have been doing in the past. Rectangular smart watches were that ONLY kind of smart watch until the round GW devices started coming out.

Apple is even sticking with the old "throw everything and the kitchen sink in the watch" that pre-pebble watches were attempting. Modern smart watches like the Pebble 1 and 2 and AW focus on what you can reasonably do on a 1 inch screen, see notifications, and deliver quick, short commands to your phone.

The apple watch looks and feels like a watch designed 5 years ago.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Rastor posted:

Lol please explain from where Android Wear should have pulled the media saturating power Apple has to define things as "cool", thanks.

You're taking my question of "what did AW do AT ALL to make their product seem cool" and turning it on me with "well, Apple has a lot more money and media saturating power so..."

The Galaxy S series phone had a successful series of commercials to compete with the iPhone or at least sell in significant numbers. AW never had a successful ad campaign, for starters, at even the most rudimentary level. If you google "Android Wear" or "Moto 360" and celebrity you get nothing. Nada. Zip. The coolest person they had endorsing their product is some nerd rear end in a top hat at The Verge. Actually I take that back, their celebrity endorsement includes Emmy Rossum, who, since you don't know who she is I am sure, played Bulma in Dragonball: Evolution.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

You're taking my question of "what did AW do AT ALL to make their product seem cool" and turning it on me with "well, Apple has a lot more money and media saturating power so..."

The Galaxy S series phone had a successful series of commercials to compete with the iPhone or at least sell in significant numbers. AW never had a successful ad campaign, for starters, at even the most rudimentary level. If you google "Android Wear" or "Moto 360" and celebrity you get nothing. Nada. Zip. The coolest person they had endorsing their product is some nerd rear end in a top hat at The Verge. Actually I take that back, their celebrity endorsement includes Emmy Rossum, who, since you don't know who she is I am sure, played Bulma in Dragonball: Evolution.

You're failing to read what I said earlier on the page:

Rastor posted:

Regarding the first point, the Apple hype machine is a monster. Only Samsung comes remotely close, and Samsung has chosen regarding smartwatches to have a little fit about their reliance on Google instead of throwing weight behind Android Wear. So yeah, duh, the Apple thing sold a factor of X more than the non-Apple thing. That's because the hype for the Apple thing was 10X the hype for the non-Apple thing.

See also:

Thermopyle posted:

I don't think this is mindboggling, I think it should have been expected. (in fact I bet Google did expect it to play out exactly as it has)

In fact, I'd say that they just could not have defined "cool". No one besides Apple has the position to create "cool".

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster
I work in a bar, so I get lots of attention for my Moto 360. But, since the announcement of the AW, it gets noticed a LOT more, but "AWESOME IS THAT THE APPLE WATCH?!" "Nope its the Moto 360. Apple watch is square" "...oh... BUT I LIKE APPLE WATCH!"

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I hope that the Moto 360 going on sale is a clue that we'll see a better 360 summer. Can't wait to upgrade to one with decent hardware.

Also the best thing about this thread is that people are now using the acronym "AW" for both competing platforms.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Tunga posted:

Also the best thing about this thread is that people are now using the acronym "AW" for both competing platforms.

Well you see you pronounce the A a little differently, like aehhh for android and aaah for Apple.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Got the 360 today and the first thing I've noticed that is a big miss is that I can't send someone a hangouts message unless it's a reply. 80% of people I regularly communicate with are on hangouts. It was real nice sending text messages though but finally got my wife and closest friends trained to use hangouts with me despite being on iOS.

OMGMYSPLEEN
Jul 12, 2009

Rawwwwhiiiiide
College Slice

TraderStav posted:

Got the 360 today and the first thing I've noticed that is a big miss is that I can't send someone a hangouts message unless it's a reply. 80% of people I regularly communicate with are on hangouts. It was real nice sending text messages though but finally got my wife and closest friends trained to use hangouts with me despite being on iOS.

This right here blew my mind when I got my 360. You would think that the Google IM program would be a native function of your Android watch.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

ninmeister posted:

This right here blew my mind when I got my 360. You would think that the Google IM program would be a native function of your Android watch.

You would also think that it would send texts through your google voice number if you have it linked to hangouts when you use a voice command to create a text message.

Instead it will only use your phone's number.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

ninmeister posted:

It was just added to Google Now on the phone about a month ago, hopefully a Wear update will add that functionality soon.

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

TraderStav posted:

Got the 360 today

Well the good news is if you got it at Costco, you can return it tomorrow or 2028 for a full refund. So use away with no concern. It's considered jewelry not electronics so the 90 day policy doesn't apply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

hotsauce posted:

Well the good news is if you got it at Costco, you can return it tomorrow or 2028 for a full refund. So use away with no concern. It's considered jewelry not electronics so the 90 day policy doesn't apply.

This is the reason I paid $80 more for it. It's scummy but basically doing a risk free trial and will make my final decision in a few weeks if I will keep it and then get whatever the newest one out at the time if I do.