Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Fhate posted:

I would be happy if they just made the 3DS stages available for the Wii U. I'd buy them instantly.

Agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Fhate posted:

I would be happy if they just made the 3DS stages available for the Wii U. I'd buy them instantly.

You should thank them for not putting reset bomb forest and spirit train in

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Ruggington posted:

Or Balloon Fight. Jungle Japes, maybe, but Jungle Japes is the best worst map so I'd be okay with that.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Corneria and Yoshi's Island are the only real big losses. Prism Tower and Green Hill Zone are two of my favorite omega stages, the rest are either ugly or bad or both.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Theta Zero posted:

Or Balloon Fight. Jungle Japes, maybe, but Jungle Japes is the best worst map so I'd be okay with that.
The lovely level with the river from Melee?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

FactsAreUseless posted:

The lovely level with the river from Melee?

Yeah, which somehow got worse in Brawl and slightly better but still bad in Smash 4.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

Jungle Japes is literally my favorite level to play with friends because it's so lovely

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Theta Zero posted:

Yeah, which somehow got worse in Brawl and slightly better but still bad in Smash 4.
No no no no no, how can it get worse.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

FactsAreUseless posted:

No no no no no, how can it get worse.

The one in Brawl utilized the game's new swimming mechanics. If you fell in, you had to do the one second animation where you surface for air. But the river kills you in .999 seconds.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Theta Zero posted:

The one in Brawl utilized the game's new swimming mechanics. If you fell in, you had to do the one second animation where you surface for air. But the river kills you in .999 seconds.
God, Brawl was such a lovely game. Gliding, awful goddamn off-stage mechanics, loving swimming, tripping. Goddamn.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
Swimming is still in but the only level that uses it is Delfino Plaza. Thank god.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Tardcore posted:

Swimming is still in but the only level that uses it is Delfino Plaza. Thank god.

I think there's still a few, it's just not really notable. You can definitely swim on the Wii Sports Resort stage when you're on the speed boat, but you either die if you're behind the boat because you get left behind or you die if you're in front of the boat because you got ran over by a speed boat.

Honestly it's a mystery why it's even there. The 3DS version had more stages with water and that outright doesn't have the swimming mechanics at all.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Wuhu Island features swimming too.

e: f,b

bad frog
Dec 21, 2003

listen up
Why are we not all voting for Chell from Portal? She'd be a dope ZSS clone with a portal gun, companion cube and potato GLaDOS taunts.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Silver Sound posted:

Why are we not all voting for Chell from Portal? She'd be a dope ZSS clone with a portal gun, companion cube and potato GLaDOS taunts.
Smash isn't ready for 3-D.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i'm glad corneria isn't in this game

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I don't know, I miss Corneria. It was a bad stage but it's been there from the beginning, it's the Smash stage. I wouldn't mind at all if DLC brings it back in, or failing that someone makes a really good copy in Stage Builder and sends it to people once that is possible.

basically it's a poo poo stage but my nostalgia trumps my common sense.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I like the Kraid stage.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

mabels big day posted:

I like the Kraid stage.
My friends I laid upside down from the couch and played that stage. It was fun.

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

I'm hoping for Mute City, 'cause I liked to blow up the cars. Why do they have to be invincible and KO stupid fast in Port Town?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Bluff Buster posted:

I'm hoping for Mute City, 'cause I liked to blow up the cars. Why do they have to be invincible and KO stupid fast in Port Town?

What's even worse is the platforms aren't safe, I had too many All Star runs ruined because I got Port Town and thought I would be safe on one only for a car to hit and kill me anyway.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Port Town is a loving meat grinder, even more so than Big blue. It's also another one of those "platform that moves around and stops on a different area" levels that the Wiiu version has way too many of.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

I don't know, I miss Corneria. It was a bad stage but it's been there from the beginning, it's the Smash stage. I wouldn't mind at all if DLC brings it back in, or failing that someone makes a really good copy in Stage Builder and sends it to people once that is possible.

basically it's a poo poo stage but my nostalgia trumps my common sense.

Well if we need it back, at least bring back the original Sector Z.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Tardcore posted:

Port Town is a loving meat grinder, even more so than Big blue. It's also another one of those "platform that moves around and stops on a different area" levels that the Wiiu version has way too many of.

I felt the mario kart 8 stage was good and better then the brawl one. the zelda one is boring but i find all zelda stages to suck outside of hyrule castle in smash 64.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Mario Kart 8 is a good stage.

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.
Big Blue was the best stage in Brawl for 4 players. If you were Sonic and got a bunny hood, you could actually run on the track alongside the F-Zeros.

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

Treebeh posted:

Big Blue was the best stage in Brawl for 4 players. If you were Sonic and got a bunny hood, you could actually run on the track alongside the F-Zeros.

You could also get a real F-Zero machine and use Wario-Man's bike. :colbert:

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

mabels big day posted:

I like the Kraid stage.

I like all the lovely stages from Melee. Legit don't know why people hate levels like Brinstar Depths and Pokefloats, I think they're way more fun than any of the Brawl or Smash 4 equivelents like 75m or Pyrosphere. Icicle Mountain is the only stage I hated playing on.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Who the hell hates Pokefloats?

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Sakurai apparently since it never made a repeat appearance.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

brinstar depths owned. bring that back please.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

I really want to see Fourside make a reappearance.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Fourside is in Project M and it's great. So much better than New Pork City.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Fourside is in Project M and it's great. So much better than New Pork City.

aren't they taking it out for 3.6

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I want Jungle Japes in Smash Wii U

And I also want a Christmas themed version called Jingle Japes

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Deviljho for Smash.

The Timely Howard
Dec 26, 2008

ASK ME WHAT MAKES ME THINK I'M SO FUNKY
I got my Mewtwo code (Japan)! I'll be able to punch it in on the 15th, it says. I very much hope that means midnight.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

sharrrk posted:

i'm glad corneria isn't in this game

it's in

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Ruggington posted:

I don't know, I liked the Spirit Train well enough. Reset bomb depot was a little annoying, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
Reset Bomb Forest is consistent and only has one pretty low-key hazard in the second part that's easily avoidable. It's one of my most played 3DS stages. It also has Dark Pit's theme.

Spirit Train would be a hell of a lot better if it didn't keep moving off-camera and just had the new cabooses come in from offscreen. It does have the incredible Michiko Naruke remix of the best Zelda overworld theme going for it, too.

• Locked thread