Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's not just that aiming feels hosed up but even if you turn head bobbing off, something about how the camera is attached to your body or whatever is just weird in a way that's reminiscent of if you've ever used a mod in Skyrim that makes first person draw your body under you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

It's not just that aiming feels hosed up but even if you turn head bobbing off, something about how the camera is attached to your body or whatever is just weird in a way that's reminiscent of if you've ever used a mod in Skyrim that makes first person draw your body under you.

yeah its never gonna feel totally smooth because it's not switching to some true FPS mode, it's sticking a camera on the player model's chin and trying as hard as it can. it still owns to murder people in first person though

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There's something really hosed up about I guess the HDR adaptation that's making the sky go crazy, and it's driving me insane.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
My character wasn't wearing any lipstick when I left the character creator and now his lips are bright red. His hairs also the wrong color. I could just make another one but I'd lose 50 hours of ps3 progress and the preorder cash. This game just trolled me hard lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

My character wasn't wearing any lipstick when I left the character creator and now his lips are bright red. His hairs also the wrong color. I could just make another one but I'd lose 50 hours of ps3 progress and the preorder cash. This game just trolled me hard lol

Go to a haircutter you dunce.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

the first person mode feels really nice to me, like your body has weight and the head bob/movement speed feels very organic. i'm a big fan, but i do sometimes get a little bit of hitching when moving my head really fast, which is weird.

also i thought everyone online was just bitching for the sake of being whiney about no rear view/ side view mirrors but those would actually be like insanely helpful when driving in first person. I'm starting to get the hang of it though, seems like controlled acceleration and thoughtful driving is the best way to go. cars definitely handle better with kbam than gta iv did.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

also is there anything in particular i should be doing with this preorder cash to get me pointed in the right direction?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Go to a haircutter you dunce.

Forgot they could change that... I haven't played in 1 1/2 years though.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Are you guys playing online or is everyone in SP right now.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm playing SP at the mome.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Forgot they could change that... I haven't played in 1 1/2 years though.

That's ok, sorry I blew up... just pissed I cant change my social club name to my SA name.

e. Nevermind, i figured it out.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

black_guy_pounding_pussy.jpg

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I have to drop Shadow Quality to just High to get really consistent 60 FPS but turns out that's extremely noticeable lol.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Are you guys playing online or is everyone in SP right now.

playing single player because it's my first time with the game, i'm really digging it so far. definitely as good as gta iv, acting/story wise

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i just found the guy in the cube park who gives you weed, what the gently caress was that. at least it improved my shooting skill

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Is it just me, or can;t you launch this as a non-steam game. I want to big picture, damnit!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

First person feels like I'm driving a loving segway.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

First person in vehicle is kinda turdy too. FOV of about 12.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

i feel nothing but cold, dark hatred for this launcher

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i turned the resolution up and it's running better

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Is it just me, or can;t you launch this as a non-steam game. I want to big picture, damnit!

That fuckin sucks

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Is it just me or is this benchmark thing spazzy and hosed up.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

lmao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Hahahaha.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hey am I the only one that in First Person mode runs slightly to the left. lmfao

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

90% done after having to delete my preload earlier and redownload it after release. And now Mortal Kombat X is unlocking in half an hour all of a sudden. Tonight is intense.

The trials and tribulations of a gamer.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's starting to crash on me a little... lol...

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I can't find any lobbies with people on GTAO.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's really fun to race in first person and hit a jump and have absolutely no loving clue where you are going, and then you feel like a boss when you land it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I can't find any lobbies with people on GTAO.

I found one and when I loaded into it someone was saying "Oh great, THIS is the community for this game already? Great. This is the community people. Hope your proud of yourselves." on voice chat and the entire civilian population was in an uproar.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I seen my homey Colapops in there on the list of people when all of a sudden every single other person in the game left at once.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I found one and when I loaded into it someone was saying "Oh great, THIS is the community for this game already? Great. This is the community people. Hope your proud of yourselves." on voice chat and the entire civilian population was in an uproar.

Lol

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Did Rockstar do anything to prevent you from making millions in the first day?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Wormskull posted:

Lol

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

The frames keep dipping noticeably whenever I turn a corner in a car, need top pay around with the graohics

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

tumor looking batty posted:

The frames keep dipping noticeably whenever I turn a corner in a car, need top pay around with the graohics

I turned a bunch of stuff down to try and make room for textures and it runs smoother even though I'm using up more memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I keep getting crashes around Rockford Hills which I don't know what that's about but also, how do I make the user music work. Does it not let you use flac.

• Locked thread