Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

General Battuta posted:

Pff, Team Stannis already got Renly, then Joffrey and Robb with the leeches. Clearly in the lead.

And Balon :colbert:

I cling to the belief that Balon died the same time the other kings did from leech magic. He's just so insignificant and irrelevant that no one on the mainland has even noticed yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

counterfeitsaint posted:

And Balon :colbert:

I cling to the belief that Balon died the same time the other kings did from leech magic. He's just so insignificant and irrelevant that no one on the mainland has even noticed yet.

If he's already dead.... then he can never die :aaa:

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I don't know if this has been said yet but: STAY THE gently caress OUT OF GBS.

I just had four major things spoiled with one sentence in a thread title.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Those GBS rascals, what nerve

the-jam
May 20, 2003

Kick Out the MC5

omg chael crash posted:

If it makes you feel better one of those things is almost for sure not going to happen on the show and the plots are diverging enough that some of the other ones might not happen either.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

omg chael crash posted:

basic rule for life

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I really like youtube "What the Flick!" channel's after show reviews and recaps. At lease half of the hosts on the talk are professional reviewers. My favorite is when both Cenk and Ben are on the show and all they talk about are political intrigues and conspiracies. They have had 1 recap show since beginning of season 3.

Do you guys have any good GoT recap or discussion show on youtube, feel free to share. I think I am trying to minimize my exposure to threads and comments for the next 4 weeks.

vintagepurple
Jan 31, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Um, literally none of those things happen and the Bran thing is an obvious reference to the dumb tree makeup last season on the seer.

How could Arya go blind when she dies to Maryn Trant?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
FYAD: Tyrion crossbows his father Tywin dead on the Toilet

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

omg chael crash posted:

Pro tip: don't go to GBS ever. Stick to the good forums:
- D&D
- YOSPOS
- TV/CINEMA DISCUSSO
- Football forums (during the season)

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

precision posted:

Bending the knee would have caused him to be SEEN as a coward, but dying with honor was ACTUALLY cowardly because he was saying "I refuse to try something and maybe see it fail, I'll just peace out". If he bends the knee, there is at least a chance some of his people would live and be granted land by Stannis. If he doesn't bend the knee, it's a near certainty his people will be killed because at that point everyone wants them dead.

He committed suicide rather than adjust his worldview and try something new. He died a coward.

I see your point, but Stannis is trying to subjugate the wildlings by breaking Mance in front of them in a big show. By not bending the knee, Mance is becoming a martyr to his people and showing that he (they) cannot be controlled by southerners.

He has nothing to "try". If he bent the knee, they would reject him as leader anyways. That's exactly what he was trying to explain to Jon -- it's not about him or his pride. All he could do was one last act of defiance. Motherfucker willingly walked to his own pyre to be burned alive to make a point.

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

There's no way a side character is going to kill a girl.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Can we talk about the leaked episodes here?

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Can we talk about the leaked episodes here?

Nope. It's fair game in the spoiler thread so if you've read the books you can talk about them over there. If you haven't read the books, you're gonna have to wait until HBO gets caught up.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

Whatever happened to this guy, I thought he was going to be an important character but he seemed to just disappear.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Crankit posted:

Whatever happened to this guy, I thought he was going to be an important character but he seemed to just disappear.

Assuming you're not just making a joke, his character was recast with this guy:

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

tooterfish posted:

But Team Lannister already got three kings?

Jaime accidentally on purpose stabbed the mad king in the back, Lancel switched Robert's fortified wine with paint thinners and Tywin recommended a crap band for the Red Wedding (causing a right ruckus when they played the wrong song).
To be fair, it's not like there haven't been other glaring casting switcheroos before now.
They share 2/3rds of their kills with local wildlife and the Boltons, those don't really count, otherwise Stannis could claim credit for all the dickleech stuff too.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

BreakAtmo posted:

Assuming you're not just making a joke, his character was recast with this guy:

Oh poo poo does Dany know she's loving a faceless man?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

- D&D
- YOSPOS
- TV/CINEMA DISCUSSO

A forum that would lynch Marx for being too conservative.
A forum that hates PCs.
A pair of forums that decry every popular tv show and movie ever made.
And a forum that hates football culture and thinks football is a brutally unfair, exploitative sport.

You have a strange definition of "good."

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

quote:

- D&D
Uhhhh

quote:

- YOSPOS
uhmmmm

quote:

- TV/CINEMA DISCUSSO

UHH what the gently caress

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt

Irish Joe posted:

A forum that would lynch Marx for being too conservative.
A forum that hates PCs.
A pair of forums that decry every popular tv show and movie ever made.
And a forum that hates football culture and thinks football is a brutally unfair, exploitative sport.

You have a strange definition of "good."

But those are good opinions? :confused:

(Except the one about PCs, obviously)

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

All of the forums are bad. Don't read forums.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

- D&D
- YOSPOS
- TV/CINEMA DISCUSSO

I don't see PSP anywhere on this list. :confused:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Delsaber posted:

I don't see PSP anywhere on this list. :confused:

Not everyone has visited Suplex City.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

the-jam posted:

If it makes you feel better one of those things is almost for sure not going to happen on the show and the plots are diverging enough that some of the other ones might not happen either.

Saw the thread title and yeah they've changed so much in the show that most of those things probably won't even happen. The spoiler prank thing isn't going to work too well this season because some of the characters are in new territory and a lot of it is changing, so nobody knows what the gently caress is coming next really.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Did episode one heir yet?

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Arglebargle III posted:

Did episode one heir yet?

Yes. It was alright. I got to see a man on fire, and some naked people.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life
There's only one thing that's really bugging me about this show, and it's really minor but I have to say it. Pretty much anytime Melisandre says or does anything they play the exact same song, and they have been using that song since season 1. As far as I am aware no one else has their own theme music. It makes it feel like Melisandre is Stone Cold Steve Austin or something who occasionally runs in on something, busts poo poo up, and then her music plays as she heads back to the locker room. It doesn't help that it only has like 4 notes. Just had to rant about that.

edit: This song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEBpm26tFOc it's actually a cover but you will recognize it right away

Industrial fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Apr 14, 2015

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM
I'm still salty about the daario recast. Original was skeezy but perfect for the character. And pretty much the exact kind of guy young Dany would start banging. He's the Chad to poor Jorah's Everette.

Also, D&D, where the gently caress is Beric Dondarrion you loving cunts. If you just completely drop that whole plot point because you think you're cool and edgy by having someone come back to life 6 times and then just move along with the story like it's NBD I'm going to get angry and type angry poo poo on the internet. Probably facebook.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Industrial posted:

There's only one thing that's really bugging me about this show, and it's really minor but I have to say it. Pretty much anytime Melisandre says or does anything they play the exact same song, and they have been using that song since season 1. As far as I am aware no one else has their own theme music. It makes it feel like Melisandre is Stone Cold Steve Austin or something who occasionally runs in on something, busts poo poo up, and then her music plays as she heads back to the locker room. It doesn't help that it only has like 4 notes. Just had to rant about that.

edit: This song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEBpm26tFOc it's actually a cover but you will recognize it right away

I think Melisandre is the only individual with her own theme song, but there are characters from certain houses that use the same music cues over and over. The Starks and the Lannisters are probably the most obvious (I've heard them both this season already), even though they try to change up the instrumentation and stuff a little more. I've heard a lot of musical repeats with Daenarys ever since she started her liberation campaign as well.

Starks get "Winter is Coming" from the first soundtrack and Lannisters get "Rains of Castamere" of course.

Kimmalah fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Apr 14, 2015

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Totally miss Thoros of Myr and his ridiculous flaming sword.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

omg chael crash posted:

Totally miss Thoros of Myr and his ridiculous flaming sword.

Me too. No crappy illusions necessary, he just straight up resurrects people and sets stuff on fire with his blood.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Dany's theme evolving throughout the show has been pretty awesome, especially when it really kicked into gear as she marched out of Slave City #1.

JodoKaast
Apr 18, 2001

An All-in-One and One-in-All of limitless being and self
The quality of the scriptwriting isn't quite doing it for me.. There was some horrible dialogue in this episode, dunno if it was cribbed from the books.

"The day Tywin Lannister's soul needs your help..."

...yes? And?

"I do not respect the tradition of human cockfighting."

Uh, pretty sure humans were fighting each other for sport WAAAAY before we made other animals do it in proxy.

Also, is Daenerys supposed to be appearing this incompetent as a ruler? "I'm a Queen, not a politician! I set all these people free, they love me for their freedom! Also, freedom means doing exactly what I say without compromise, because Queen."

Bodhidharma
Jul 2, 2011

"virgin no more! virgin no more!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob
Why did Varys arrange to assassinate Daenerys in season 1 if he was a Targaryen supporter?

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Bodhidharma posted:

Why did Varys arrange to assassinate Daenerys in season 1 if he was a Targaryen supporter?

Because it was his job as Robert's spymaster, he couldn't very well refuse. And he did use the shittest, most suspicious assassin possible.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Bodhidharma posted:

I figure he didn't want to jeopardise his position at the court. He didn't hire successful assassins, after all.

Who heads House Lannister now? Jaime can't inherit the title, so does it pass to Tywin's grandson (who is already king) or his brother?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
E: ^^ I think Tommen inherits it through Cersei.

JodoKaast posted:

Also, is Daenerys supposed to be appearing this incompetent as a ruler? "I'm a Queen, not a politician! I set all these people free, they love me for their freedom! Also, freedom means doing exactly what I say without compromise, because Queen."

Well it makes sense. She never learned how to rule. She grew up as part of a Dothraki horde and surrounded herself with some of the most brilliant military minds and soldiers, but no one who knows how to rule, except like Hizdahr. Selmy and formerly Jorah are both smart and pretty wise but they're still just great knights, not rulers.

She doesn't have a Tywin or a Jon Arryn to either teach her how to rule or at least keep poo poo together while she runs around burning slavers. Which is where Tyrion/Varys would come in.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

JodoKaast posted:

dunno if it was cribbed from the books.
No

JodoKaast posted:

Also, is Daenerys supposed to be appearing this incompetent as a ruler?
Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

marktheando posted:

Because it was his job as Robert's spymaster, he couldn't very well refuse. And he did use the shittest, most suspicious assassin possible.

Also he warned Jorah about the attempts so he could keep his place as Robert's spymaster but still keep Daenerys alive.

(contrast this with Ned, who resigned in protest of the order instead of agreeing and then quietly sabotaging it.)

• Locked thread