Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

red plastic cup posted:

I feel so bad for the Cairo police force.

"Okay so, the victim was found impaled with a.. giant icicle, which also demolished his car."
"Yup."
"We are in Egypt, right?"
the perfect crime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Pet Shop developed his Stand through sheer smugness.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

red plastic cup posted:

I feel so bad for the Cairo police force.

"Okay so, the victim was found impaled with a.. giant icicle, which also demolished his car."
"Yup."
"We are in Egypt, right?"

The beauty of it is since he was a beggar nobody cared.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
We cared.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I like how the beggar guy parked his fancy purple car right next to where he's begging for cash.

Did he just get out of the car and sit down right next to it? :allears:

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

RubberLuffy posted:

Pet Shop developed his Stand through sheer smugness.

:smugbird:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It would have been fascinating to see how the others would have dealt with Pet Shop. He'd obviously have murdered the hell out of Joseph. Can magic fire beat magic ice?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Polnareff would find Dio's place and get chased by Pet Shop back to the group, Avdol would probably fend off the ice for a bit before taking a serious hit, Joseph would go "HOREE SHEET", and Jotaro would say "Yare yare" and punch the bird in the face somehow.

So, basically, any other Stand Battle.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Aurain posted:

It would have been fascinating to see how the others would have dealt with Pet Shop. He'd obviously have murdered the hell out of Joseph. Can magic fire beat magic ice?

Abdul would have been abruptly murdered before petshop even appeared.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Polnareff would find Dio's place and get chased by Pet Shop back to the group, Avdol would probably fend off the ice for a bit before taking a serious hit, Joseph would go "HOREE SHEET", and Jotaro would say "Yare yare" and punch the bird in the face somehow.

So, basically, any other Stand Battle.

Jotaro would find some Egyptian kids playing marbles and part 4 would start early

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Anime thread:

Iserlohn posted:

It would have been cool to see an undomesticated animal as a stand user either defending its territory from the Crusaders or just making a muck of the natural order with its crazy powers.
:allears:

Diamond is Not Crashable is so awesome.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
That it is, friend.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Aurain posted:

Anime thread:

:allears:

Diamond is Not Crashable is so awesome.

I completely forgot about Ratt until I read that post and now im just even hyper for Part 4

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I recently got a buddy of mine into Jojo and the whole time he was reading Part 3 he kept throwing out really cool stand ideas he would've done if he were in charge of the series.

Without exception, I was able to respond to every single one with "They get to that later."

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Did he manage to get invisible zombies cause that one is fuckin' weird even for JoJo.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Bad Seafood posted:

I recently got a buddy of mine into Jojo and the whole time he was reading Part 3 he kept throwing out really cool stand ideas he would've done if he were in charge of the series.

Without exception, I was able to respond to every single one with "They get to that later."

I think this is my favorite thing about the series. Araki saw the potential in his idea and fell in love in it. He wants to explore the idea and push it to its fullest extent.

Dire Wombat
Oct 29, 2011

In this world, there is no truth. The truth is made later on and overwrites what comes before it. Real truth doesn't exist anywhere.

Million Ghosts posted:

Did he manage to get invisible zombies cause that one is fuckin' weird even for JoJo.

Bohemian Rhapsody is a whole lot weirder than that. That is one ridiculous stand, dude could have destroyed civilization if he had been less nuts (but still nuts enough to try trapping everyone on Earth in a fantasy world). No way he guessed that one.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Bohemian Rhapsody is weird and cool but it's core concept isn't thaaat far-fetched to me. Ungalo is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome as gently caress though.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Underworld was the weirdest Part 6 stand for me. The idea makes sense, but just the events around it. Jolyne and Hermes go into a crater in a hospital and end up on a ghost plane and then Jolyne ends up on a ghost F-16 and then Jolyne puts herself inside Hermes. Also the Miami Dolphins are there at some point.

That fight would be so loving amazing animated.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Moltrey posted:

Underworld was the weirdest Part 6 stand for me. The idea makes sense, but just the events around it. Jolyne and Hermes go into a crater in a hospital and end up on a ghost plane and then Jolyne ends up on a ghost F-16 and then Jolyne puts herself inside Hermes. Also the Miami Dolphins are there at some point.

I pray every day to the Aztec God of Fitness that all of JoJo being animated by David will one day come to pass.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

hoobajoo posted:

I pray every day to the Aztec God of Fitness that all of JoJo being animated by David will one day come to pass.

Would they change the artstyle along with the manga? They'd have to, wouldn't they?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They already have been. Each part has had different character designers. Compare Joseph from the end of Battle Tendency to him in Stardust.

Edit:

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Apr 14, 2015

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Yeah, it's pretty subtle but they've been shifting along the lines of the manga the whole time.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I honestly kinda hope the first few episodes of Diamond is Unbreakable use the part 3 designer before moving to the main part 4 designer.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
They really should even if Buff as poo poo Josuke and Okuyasu look super weird.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Moltrey posted:

And Underworld's stand user is Stanley Yelnats from Holes.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Buff Okuyasu made me think he was going to be a villain at first. Then he ended up slimming out and becoming a good guy.

And remind me what the backstory of the Underworld guy was? I remember it was like Holes, but I can't remember how. He stole some shoes or something, right?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Buff Okuyasu made me think he was going to be a villain at first. Then he ended up slimming out and becoming a good guy.

And remind me what the backstory of the Underworld guy was? I remember it was like Holes, but I can't remember how. He stole some shoes or something, right?

It was exactly like Holes. He was walking down the street and some shoes fell on him. He put them on and was later accused of stealing them because some famous athlete donated them to an orphanage or something and it made everyone hate him, and he got sent to jail.

Later he gets a stand that allows him to literally DIG UP THE PAST. Araki does not know the meaning of subtlety.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

He was an average kid walking down the street when a pair of sneakers fell from the sky and hit him in the head. These were valuable sneakers owned and signed by a successful athlete who was selling them at a charity auction. The actual thief was on a roof or something above the kid but threw them off when he thought he was going to get caught. When asked if he stole the shoes, the kid told the truth and said they fell out of the sky. Not believing him, he was found guilty and sent to juvenile prison.

Where the character in Jojo and the character in Holes' stories diverge is that in Holes he goes to a hole-digging prison camp where he makes new friends and breaks a gypsy curse, whereas the Jojo guy just slips through the cracks of the penal system with his life prospects ruined and becomes a criminal.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Almost everyone in Part Four that starts off as as a bad guy does that. They're super detailed and heavily shadowed while bad and then go to the usual style when good. Okuyasu did it, Rohan, Even Tonio in places. The Lock and Surface both do the same thing AND shrink. Araki was doing some weird stuff in part 4 where the characters presence as a personality dictated the art style they appeared in. It's why Koichi is constantly shifting heights. He's really only 'on stage' while Echoes is out

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Does that make Pucci Mr. Sir or that lady who wants to find treasure?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Changing heights/proportions was one of the things that annoyed me the first time I read Part 4 but now I kinda dig it.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
I find it to be a really good device for saying who's the loving man at the moment.

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Does that make Pucci Mr. Sir or that lady who wants to find treasure?
Neither really, though Weather Report's backstory is nearly identical to another part of Holes. Except in Holes, the girl isn't his sister and she doesn't kill herself after he gets mob-killed.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Bad Seafood posted:

Changing heights/proportions was one of the things that annoyed me the first time I read Part 4 but now I kinda dig it.

It took me a while to figure out who the kid that went along with Koichi to see Rohan even was.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Wait, Anasui is a cross dresser? I honestly couldn't tell, given this series.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
He was supposed to be a woman but Araki's editors got mad at him so he compromised by making him a crossdresser.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

What if Anasui was female the entire time, but just took the hormones from the beginning of part 6. :tinfoil:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

He was supposed to be a woman but Araki's editors got mad at him so he compromised by making him a crossdresser.

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
He was a girl and then he used his stand to turn himself into a boy was a boy because araki changed his mind

• Locked thread