Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Running an i5 3570K + 8GB of RAM + GTX 570 HD with 2.5GB of VRAM and with everything on High this game looks loving pretty and runs smooth. Debating on bumping everything to Very High with Half VSync to see how it fares :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

It just struck me that this fantastic looking game is running better and faster than Minecraft ever has or will. Programming is weird.
Java is bad.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

just keep swimming
Anyone have a quick link on how to put your own music in the game?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

It just struck me that this fantastic looking game is running better and faster than Minecraft ever has or will. Programming is weird.

Yet also, somehow, made less money.

ChubbyPitbull
Dec 10, 2005
Awww....look how OHMYGODMYHAND!
Any idea how to set up a private Open World game that just has you and your friends in it, like you can on console?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Do you think gta 6 will let us do campaign mode with friends?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

So I was able to transfer my character from PS3, and I was in Mountain Crew and some other goon crew. Are they still active, is there a new crew for PC folks? I just want to roll with lesser idiots online.

ChubbyPitbull posted:

Any idea how to set up a private Open World game that just has you and your friends in it, like you can on console?

Also this.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Holyshoot posted:

Do you think gta 6 will let us do campaign mode with friends?

You can think anything you want!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

goodness posted:

Anyone have a quick link on how to put your own music in the game?

Zaphod42 posted:
Yeah I've got custom audio working.

You put it in : C:\Users\<NAME>\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\User Music\

Then go in-game and go to audio and do "complete audio search" and wait for awhile.

Then check out the Self audio station or whatever Works like a charm.

lollybo
Dec 29, 2008
I have a 4 gb 680 GTX, does anyone have any idea how my card will run? I game at 1080p

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Is aim down sights kinda... off for anybody else? I don't know why it isn't just straight. Its driving me crazy.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So apparently I'm running into an absolutely exclusive bug with my camera in vehicles. I mentioned it before but no one else responded. But Any vehicle I get in, the camera just pans down until I can't see anything but the rear of the vehicle. I've asked a bunch of other places and not a single other person has had this. What the hell.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Did anyone else have their pre-load straight up disappear? I'm tempted to blame my hosed up computer but it's Rockstar so, you know.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Is there a way to get the game to stay first person but dump out to third when I get into a car?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Elendil004 posted:

Is there a way to get the game to stay first person but dump out to third when I get into a car?

Yes, you have to choose like "allow independent camera modes" or something like that, then manually set it to one on foot and the other on car and it'll remember them and swap for you.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Zaphod42 posted:

Yes, you have to choose like "allow individual settings for camera" or something like that, then manually set it to one on foot and the other on car and it'll remember them and swap for you.

Truly next generation gaming.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Elendil004 posted:

Yeah, camera options in the pause menu. Turn on "Allow Independent Camera Settings" I think.

e:f,b

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Does it matter much if I ignore the graphics settings limits for my card? I basically doubled the memory and so far.North Yankton and the cutscene at the Psychiatrists office is fine.

When I played with the defaults it looked just like the 360

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Nuebot posted:

So apparently I'm running into an absolutely exclusive bug with my camera in vehicles. I mentioned it before but no one else responded. But Any vehicle I get in, the camera just pans down until I can't see anything but the rear of the vehicle. I've asked a bunch of other places and not a single other person has had this. What the hell.

Sounds like you may have something plugged in that's being recognized as a controller by the game? Unplug your stuff until you have M/KB left. Otherwise try checking the keybindings and unbinding anything related to your issue.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

ChubbyPitbull posted:

if youre already in online mode go back to franklin then start online session, invite only

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Icept posted:

Sounds like you may have something plugged in that's being recognized as a controller by the game? Unplug your stuff until you have M/KB left. Otherwise try checking the keybindings and unbinding anything related to your issue.

The only thing I have plugged in are my headset, keyboard and mouse though.

Merv Burger
Jan 3, 2008

SplitSoul posted:

Finally! Looks great. Turning on MSAA, however, gives me some weird pixely moiré glitch in the lower right corner. HD7850 2GB and latest beta drivers. Any ideas?

I'm getting the same thing with my HD7970. The game still looks great with MSAA turned off, though.

For reference, it looks like this, right?

Merv Burger fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Apr 14, 2015

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

What the gently caress is happening. These are all NPCs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btkN87c5d4M

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Nuebot posted:

The only thing I have plugged in are my headset, keyboard and mouse though.

Do you have a bluetooth adapter? Sometimes those are seen as controller for some reason.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

ShadowMar posted:

Oh, hey, so it's not just me then. The game warned me about my mental state changing because NPC cars kept spawning in hosed up ways and exploding around me.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

ShadowMar posted:

Probably the skiddish npc's that run you over instead of getting out of the car when you point a gun at them. Looks like they gave no fucks.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

T1g4h posted:

Oh, hey, so it's not just me then. The game warned me about my mental state changing because NPC cars kept spawning in hosed up ways and exploding around me.

Yeah I got the same message too.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
I really dig how well the distant traffic effect works. Makes the game feel completely on another level from every other open world game.

I really love the initial phase of playing a new GTA game. I love to take my time and explore the world and let it soak in, it's a fun experience.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

ShadowMar posted:

Seems good to me.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone running this on an i3 and a AMD 7870? Curious how it would run on medium/high and if it'd look better than the PS4?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
It plays well on medium settings on a lot of stuff with max details on others on a 7870 / i5 but i think i might upgrade my card anyway

still, very pretty and very fun

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

BurgerQuest posted:

Anyone running this on an i3 and a AMD 7870? Curious how it would run on medium/high and if it'd look better than the PS4?

Game-debate.com

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Performance on my laptop: 4720hq/m265x/16gb ram

Normal settings:60 fps locked at 720p, as I expected.

900p drops to 40-30 fps , as I expected (it's basically the same card as the xbox one)

M265x is basically a 7770 desktop for comparison.

buildmorefarms
Aug 13, 2004

любоваться
Doctor Rope
Apologies if this doubles up on anything prior to ~5 pages ago - can you use the gamepad for driving and switch to kb+m for first-person?

Some games I've played lock the keyboard out while you're using a gamepad (with the exception of escape keys etc)

edit: VVVVV
thanks!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

buildmorefarms posted:

Apologies if this doubles up on anything prior to ~5 pages ago - can you use the gamepad for driving and switch to kb+m for first-person?

Some games I've played lock the keyboard out while you're using a gamepad (with the exception of escape keys etc)

yes

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer
God the Director Mode is glorious. Be who you want, teleport where you want, set the time-of-day practically down to the minute, weather, invincibility, choose wanted level or turn it off completely... it's like they modded the game for us.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I didn't play a ton of PS4 version after the PS3 version, so the first person mode just keeps getting better to me.

Almost Honest
Aug 17, 2009
I can't play the game. It literally just crashes before I can even load into Story Mode. I surpass the recommended requirements and updated my drivers. Rockstar are literally worse than DICE/EA when they launched Battlefield 3 and 4. Good stuff guys, glad to see all the delays paid off!!!!!!!

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Almost Honest posted:

I can't play the game. It literally just crashes before I can even load into Story Mode. I surpass the recommended requirements and updated my drivers. Rockstar are literally worse than DICE/EA when they launched Battlefield 3 and 4. Good stuff guys, glad to see all the delays paid off!!!!!!!

Please don't post your specs so we might be able to help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Merv Burger posted:

I'm getting the same thing with my HD7970. The game still looks great with MSAA turned off, though.

For reference, it looks like this, right?

this is the exact spot where the steam key popup thingy is. did you click "dont show me this again"?

• Locked thread