Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

tumor looking batty posted:

The frames keep dipping noticeably whenever I turn a corner in a car, need top pay around with the graohics

I turned a bunch of stuff down to try and make room for textures and it runs smoother even though I'm using up more memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I keep getting crashes around Rockford Hills which I don't know what that's about but also, how do I make the user music work. Does it not let you use flac.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm glad they put backstreet boys on the pop station.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Some day I'll live in the shithole part of LA for real, and I won't have to play this game to live out my fantasy's...

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Game bluescreeened while doing the shooting range.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

are there any silly rewards for leveling gun skills up all the way? like dual pistols and stuff?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

My immersions been absolutely blown to poo poo with this sudden influx of half a million dollars... how the hell did Franklin come across this much paper.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

My immersions been absolutely blown to poo poo with this sudden influx of half a million dollars... how the hell did Franklin come across this much paper.

Yeah it kind of sucks. I wish it was optional.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I wish I could send it all over to my GTA online character... gadzooks, I hadnt even thought to make one yet. I think I'll create a bimbo of some kind.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I can like max the graphics in this game and get 60 fps, as long as shadows are on high and not very high. I wonder if its bugged. The sound is low for me too and I want it to be way louder. Besides that it's amazing. first person feels awesome except that i cant figure out how to just regular walk in it.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Yeah it kind of sucks. I wish it was optional.

i am enjoying having a hot pink tricked out AK for franklin

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HORMELCHILI posted:

I can like max the graphics in this game and get 60 fps, as long as shadows are on high and not very high. I wonder if its bugged. The sound is low for me too and I want it to be way louder. Besides that it's amazing. first person feels awesome except that i cant figure out how to just regular walk in it.

I don't think you can. You can try tapping E or whatever default sprint is instead of holding it maybe.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And yea I think the Very High shadows are super advanced distance and filtering shits but I'd rather have the 60 FPS because the poo poo noticeably filters or whatever no matter what setting, I've found.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

zen death robot posted:

I found out in order to get all my poo poo in gta:o I had to have played the PS3 version online after December 2013 and well, I haven't

gently caress

Same but I didn't really care about it and it seems like something I'm not gonna actually pay much mind to unless I get someone I like I lot to play with.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

His mother recently died. It's inheritance/life insurance.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Same but I didn't really care about it and it seems like something I'm not gonna actually pay much mind to unless I get someone I like I lot to play with.

*bonzibuddy's ears perk up*

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
It runs smooth but the settings reset every time.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I haven't had any of the problems you guys have been having, but heads up if it won't install for some reason because lol.

Steam posted:

April 13
Dear Steam Customer,

We recently learned of an issue that can impact players attempting to install Grand Theft Auto V on Windows PCs. For those experiencing this issue, you have three options available to you at this time.

First, Rockstar Games intends to have a fix for this issue soon.

Second, customers can try the manual work around detailed below.

Third, if neither of the above works for you, the self-refund tool will continue to be available until the official fix is released.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.

Please see below for more information from Rockstar Games, including details on the manual workaround.

The Steam Team

We have identified an issue where players with Windows usernames that include characters not found in the table at the bottom of this page will likely run into difficulties when attempting to download, install, or play GTAV. We are currently working on a fix for this issue.

If you do not want to wait for a fix, you need to create a new Administrator User Account for your Windows system that only includes letters A to Z, a to z or numbers 0-9 from the basic roman alphabet. For a full list of supported characters, see the table at the bottom of this page. Please note that simply renaming your current User Account will not correct this issue. To create the account, follow these instructions from the Microsoft website:

Windows 8/8.1:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8
Windows 7:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-7
Windows Vista:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-vista
We will update this support article with any new information as soon as we have it, including expected timing of a fix and whether you will be able to transfer progress on the newly-created Windows username over to your original Windows user account.

If you would like to receive an automatic update via email when there is more information about a fix, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page.

Supported Characters At Launch for Windows Usernames for GTAV PC

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

What an awesome PC port. One of the best I've seen.

After dicking around a bunch I've managed consistent 60 fps with nearly everything maxed on 2x msaa. The shadows behave kind of odd even when you have them all maxed out and there's the usual open world pop in jank but otherwise it looks and runs smooth as butter. Great stuff.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Who the gently caress would have non-alphanumeric characters in their windows username anyways

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

man nurse posted:

What an awesome PC port. One of the best I've seen.

Lmao.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Stupid rockstar launcher won't run at all no matter what I do

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Mouse aim ftw. In the bike repo mission I shot the vago off his bike from the other end of the alley and it worked lmao.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Why does this thread have Games style epic thread title name change.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

should I buy this game for a 4th time. is the port good

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Why does this thread have Games style epic thread title name change.

that's my fault. :saddowns:

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEiyA0cGSAo

Guy gets his key stolen after showing it during a livestream.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Frank Horrigan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEiyA0cGSAo

Guy gets his key stolen after showing it during a livestream.

See you in-game, Bonzi.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Is it just me, or does the vsync in this game not work at all? I've got it enabled in settings and it's still tearing like crazy, almost unplayable.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

See you in-game, Bonzi.

:newlol:

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i played for like four hours last night and everything ran fine with no crashes. i had some tearing at first but then i turned my resolution up to my monitor's native and it runs perfectly now

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
pc gaming

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

is good.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's seriously hosed up when developers expect you to use the bumpers on a 360 pad to do important poo poo. I am installing DS4Tool and a bluetooth thing just to not have to.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Driving out in the countryside on a bike in first person... Gaming's ambrosia...

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

agreed

i kind of wanna get a gtx 970 but wasnt there some memory fuckup

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Mung Dynasty posted:

agreed

i kind of wanna get a gtx 970 but wasnt there some memory fuckup

There was an issue with 4 GB GTX 980s if you went over 3.5 GB VRAM usage, if memory serves. As far as I'm aware, the lower RAM cards don't have that problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

zen death robot posted:

it's the 970s not the 980s

oh well disregard everything I said then. If I got the card model wrong, I'm probably wrong about everything else :v:

• Locked thread