Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!

Phyresis posted:

ELDAR SHINING SPEARS Finecast Box
ELDAR AUTARCH SKYRUNNER Finecast Box

loving lmao

looks like the existing shining spear and autarch upgrade boxes getting a rename and going direct only, considering they only have D in the route-to-market column

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
They're direct only but look at their price. At that price they must be including the plastic sprues that allow complete models to be built, which makes me wonder if the Windriders are just a reboxing of the "current" dickbikes.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Having ordered 2 boxes of the old-school jetbikes a couple weeks ago, the ones I received were in up-to-date cardboard boxes (ie with the pictures/background design they are currently using) so I see no reason they would have to be re-boxed. They are also releasing a jetbike farseer (so I doubt he is on an identical bike to the 1990 ones) and a hint in WD points to a jetbike kit - they don't announce reboxed old models in WD.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

WAR FOOT posted:

Scorpions are actually pretty bad, imo, and I say this as someone who owns 30 and Karandras.

I10 S3 AP- hits, whoop de loving doo.

I'm not saying they're great or anything, but they have the tools to get into CC and the volume of attacks to do something when they get there. Also, claw exarchs can be a nasty challenge, and at the very least, they are an affordable tax to outflank a wave serpent. They're decent.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Genghis Cohen posted:

Having ordered 2 boxes of the old-school jetbikes a couple weeks ago, the ones I received were in up-to-date cardboard boxes (ie with the pictures/background design they are currently using) so I see no reason they would have to be re-boxed. They are also releasing a jetbike farseer (so I doubt he is on an identical bike to the 1990 ones) and a hint in WD points to a jetbike kit - they don't announce reboxed old models in WD.

I've seen the up-to-date WIndrunner boxes in a store (R.I.P. Altamonte Springs GW) but just because there's no reason for them to be reboxed doesn't mean they won't be. Sometimes they just shift around how many models come in a box for their own esoteric reasons. I just find it strange that a new jetbike kit was designed to be compatible with lovely old Shining Spear bits instead of being a dual kit. Same with the Skyrunner and Autarch bits.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

PeterWeller posted:

I'm not saying they're great or anything, but they have the tools to get into CC and the volume of attacks to do something when they get there. Also, claw exarchs can be a nasty challenge, and at the very least, they are an affordable tax to outflank a wave serpent. They're decent.

They're not awful but holy poo poo you pay a lot for an Exarch. 27 base and 30 for the claw and you probably want Crushing Blow on top. 30 points for a god drat scorpion claw. I can see Kelly's thought process: "Durrr, power fists are 25 points and a scorpion claw is just better so it has to cost more! :downs:" No, you idiot, the real problem is that power fists (and pretty much every other special melee weapon) are horribly overpriced.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Making some progress with my Scions at last by just following GW's video painting guide even. Although I'm not sure if I wanna go into the highlighting stage or not once I've finished the base colours because I kinda like the muted colours that I've got with them right now.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

Phyresis posted:

They're not awful but holy poo poo you pay a lot for an Exarch. 27 base and 30 for the claw and you probably want Crushing Blow on top. 30 points for a god drat scorpion claw. I can see Kelly's thought process: "Durrr, power fists are 25 points and a scorpion claw is just better so it has to cost more! :downs:" No, you idiot, the real problem is that power fists (and pretty much every other special melee weapon) are horribly overpriced.

Well, you see the scorpion's claw also comes with a built-in shruicat, and you can't just give those away. :v:

But yeah, a scorpion exarch is gonna be a real points sink. Really, all exarchs are kinda traps in that regard.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Phyresis posted:

I just find it strange that a new jetbike kit was designed to be compatible with lovely old Shining Spear bits instead of being a dual kit. Same with the Skyrunner and Autarch bits.

Everything in that picture clearly points to the Jetbike not getting a new model.

What also points to it is the webstore, where you can no longer buy Jetbikes - if they were getting replaced they would be selling the old ones until midnight Friday, yanking them from the store to me says they've been recalled and reboxed.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Apr 14, 2015

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck

Post 9-11 User posted:

Eldar got two major updates in their model range, one after the other and the first set was wretched. The Fire Dragons were probably the worst offender, check the guy in the middle and compare him to how good the ancient 2nd ed models are:

I LOVE BEING STRONK.

Did this guy base his models with weed?

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

NTRabbit posted:

Everything in that picture clearly points to the Jetbike not getting a new model.

What also points to it is the webstore, where you can no longer buy Jetbikes - if they were getting replaced they would be selling the old ones until midnight Friday, yanking them from the store to me says they've been recalled and reboxed.

That's what I'm saying! I have no idea what a Skyrunner is but I wouldn't be surprised if there is no new jetbike kit.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Helmholz posted:

Did this guy base his models with weed?

Were you the kid who showed up at the party with a HUGE bag of weed and everyone laughs cause it's Rosemary?

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
Best case scenario, they repackage Shining Spears and Autarchs to run down their old stock of the Finecast parts and the old-school jetbikes, and the plastic kits are brand new (and incompatible). My hope is that the jetbike farseer is a sign that there is a new Eldar Guardian jetbike as well, but that's certainly not a given since the Farseer is a clampack and GW is dumb.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

PantsOptional posted:

What makes you say that? The only Corax entry on that list is the hardcover version on the 2013 Black Library book.

Oh, thought "Corax: Soulforge" was a fancy name for Corax getting a model.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Are you sure the bullet pots are salvagable? They're from 12-13 years ago and had a design flaw that irreparably cured the paint after 3-4.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
I haven't even read the latest Eldar Codex, Scorpions got their Mandiblasters back as an extra I10 attack rather than just an extra attack? That's cool as heck and added an extra dimension to the unit in situations such as Slaaneshi demons or Dark Eldar units.

Oh gently caress, speaking of the 3rd/4th edition update, what was I thinking! Striking Rabbits were the worst thing since Chaos Possessed:

I wasn't able to find a high resolution photo but it's probably evident how the models are sculpted with comical buckteeth helmets and absurd "stealth" poses.

I wonder if the Biting Blade or Chainsabers are now worth taking since Powah Weapons got gimped.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Gary Morely is the gift that keeps on giving.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

spacegoat posted:

Gary Morely is the gift that keeps on giving.
Why they handed off Eldar from their best sculptor with Jes to their worst with Morley is so loving far beyond me. I mean, they've since rectified that, but that's still a massive question mark for me.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

xenos filth get what they deserve

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Phyresis posted:

xenos filth get what they deserve

As if the old lemartes is gods gift to the imperium

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

a paragon of faith... reduced to a monstrosity by the cursed blood...

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Phyresis posted:

a paragon of faith... reduced to a monstrosity by the cursed blood...

Cursed to dance forevermore

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...

If you experience a purity seal erection lasting four hours or more, contact your apothecary immediately.

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck

CyberLord XP posted:

Were you the kid who showed up at the party with a HUGE bag of weed and everyone laughs cause it's Rosemary?

So you know what it is, then?

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Helmholz posted:

So you know what it is, then?

It really looks like Rosemary, maybe with some Basil or fine wood shavings added in. Sorry if I came off as a dick, but that doesn't look like weed at all to me.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

Post 9-11 User posted:

I wonder if the Biting Blade or Chainsabers are now worth taking since Powah Weapons got gimped.

The scorpion's claw is ap2 and not unwieldy. It's one of the best power weapons in the game now. It's also hells of expensive.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
First Eldar images have shown up on Dakka.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

quote:

the only releases so far are:
-eldar windriders (3 biker kit)
-eldar farseer skyrunner (can also be built into a eldar warlock)
-eldar autarch
-codex craftworlds
-codex: craftworlds farseer edition
codex craftworlds digital edition
datacards: craftworlds (while stock lasts)

- - -

scatter lasers now lost the twin linking bonus

however. windriders can now get scatter lasers. (each model can change the TL shuriken catapult for either scatter laser or shuriken cannon)

- - -

windriders: 51 pts base.
3 windriders

statline unchanged.

may include up to 7 additional windriders for 17ppm
may take a windriderwarlock for 50 pts
warlock may replace his hagun zar for a runespear 5pts
each windrider may exchange the TL shuriken catapult for:
scatter laser 10pts
shuriken cannon 10pts

that means you can basically have a 10 man unit entirely kitted with scatterlasers for 27ppm and add another warlock to them

they also are still troop selections.

- - -

the only other interresting things are those leaked 2 datacards and the 1 leaked psychic power in the WD:

runes of battle 1
destroy/renew
warpcharge 1

its either:
S5 ap 4 assault1, soulblaze flamer
or:
a friendly unit within 18" restores a single wound. this cannot bring units back to the board that have been removed as casuality.

and for the datacards:

11: 1 victory point if you kill a character (not just in a challenge, just a character)
12: gain a victory point if a enemy unit got killed by a eldar unit with the skimmer or eldar jetbike type. gain d3 vitory points if you killed 3 or more in one round.

Slimnoid fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Apr 14, 2015

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Thank god there is a new jetbike kit, I can stop worrying. They look very similar to the old ones, which is understandable. It's cool that the Jetseer can be built as a Warlock as well. That Autarch looks boss as gently caress.

Rumors saying Wraithknights are indeed GCs - heavy wraithcannon and the big rear end sword are D-Weapons

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Are those really the same Jetbikes they've been sitting since two thousand and loving seven?

spacegoat fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Apr 14, 2015

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

spacegoat posted:

Are those really the same Jetbikes that have been sitting since two thousand and loving seven?

Yep.

The jetbike in the back has a scatter laser and the one up front has a newfangled thing, maybe a heat lance type thing or some such. The closest one has the standard ninja star gun

I'm dumb, the front one has the ninja star shooter too

Phyresis fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Apr 14, 2015

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
^^^ Both those front models have twin-linked shuriken catapults mate, as far as I can see.

I am pleased mightily by all these things, but really want to see the new formation/detachment rules for eldar. There is potential to change a lot more than just the new-model units and fix the broken/complained about wraithknight, wave serpents and scatter lasers.

Huge that jetbikes can get everyone a heavy weapon though. Makes them a bit closer to the firepower unit they are in the background. Very cool army potential there. Wonder what the sweet spot will be - maybe 2/3 heavies and some chaps at the front to catch bullets? Scatter lasers, even with laser lock gone/irrelevant, seem better than shuriken on a unit which wants to avoid assault.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

I dunno, the shuriken cannon has one less shot but it has AP5 and (hopefully) pseudorending.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Thank the Emperor for that scatterlaser change. Praise be to Kelly.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

That Autarch looks dopey.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

Phyresis posted:

I dunno, the shuriken cannon has one less shot but it has AP5 and (hopefully) pseudorending.

Bladestorm made it into the Harlie book, so I'm sure it's still around.

Also, it appears autarchs got at least one new wargear option--that gun looks like a fusion pistol.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Phyresis posted:

It does do more damage against heavy infantry/MCs who lack cover/inv saves. But so much in the game now is sure to have one of those, and there are always vehicles. But the big thing is range. Assuming the weapons stayed the same, you are getting a lot more choice of targets from turn 1, and are much more able to scoot around the edges of the table firing freely (knowing you can blast onto objectives at the end). In any case it really remains to be seen. But I love the idea of taking jetbikes as the core of any army. Just lots of bikes and vypers and some of the harlequin equivalents jetting about being ninja space pirates.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Sulecrist posted:

That Autarch looks dopey.

He's standing on a bit of rubble again, like the Solitaire and Illic Nightspear. Kind of annoying if that isn't your base theme.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

He's standing on a bit of rubble again, like the Solitaire and Illic Nightspear. Kind of annoying if that isn't your base theme.

It reminds me of those Captain Morgan ads. I think it's just the wrong moment of landing/takeoff to freeze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Genghis Cohen posted:

It does do more damage against heavy infantry/MCs who lack cover/inv saves. But so much in the game now is sure to have one of those, and there are always vehicles. But the big thing is range. Assuming the weapons stayed the same, you are getting a lot more choice of targets from turn 1, and are much more able to scoot around the edges of the table firing freely (knowing you can blast onto objectives at the end). In any case it really remains to be seen. But I love the idea of taking jetbikes as the core of any army. Just lots of bikes and vypers and some of the harlequin equivalents jetting about being ninja space pirates.

That is a good point. You can harass enemy units from out of range and jump behind obstructing terrain, etc. We'll see if they can indeed all take a heavy weapon, I guess.

• Locked thread