Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

unlawfulsoup posted:

I wanted to hate it so much, but TRON.

this, goddamnit :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

I'd rather this, if it were a real thing:

EL bindings would own

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

SaNChEzZ posted:

EL bindings would own

That's really god drat nice.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Reminds me of this Strokes video I worked on. We had to put reflective tape on their equipment to get that effect. It was a little nerve wracking to apply and I never found out if it all came off afterwards but they were cool about it, seemed like nice guys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPAVDHo1Elc

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

SaNChEzZ posted:

EL bindings would own

yeah it's my life's goal to recreate the live action parts from the money for nothing video too

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

fyodor posted:

just put a nicely tuned catback exhaust on your guitar:

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/22369-tim-montana-and-gibson-team-up-for-chris-kyle-commemorative-guitar

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

I hope that they blatantly lie about all of the specifications of the guitar to make it as true to the memory of Chris Kyle as possible.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

first use of guitar will be to learn this song

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
well i guess it's good that they quit pretending that they don't cater solely to the biggest shitheads on earth

coming in 2018: the gibson commemorative nambla 40th anniversary les paul

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Apr 9, 2015

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
isn't that also like literally the punisher skull. does the dude have a license to use that?

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:
so I was thinking of trading my PRS for a BC Rich or a Steinberger, I couldn't decide so I just did this

JK I found it on a FB group

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
why

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

to trigger PRS fans I guess (seems to be working on that FB page, so much rage)

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Fair Hallion posted:

so I was thinking of trading my PRS for a BC Rich or a Steinberger, I couldn't decide so I just did this

JK I found it on a FB group

I like the exposed wiring cavity, that's pretty handy.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Have you ever wanted a BC Rich but you accidentally bought a nice looking guitar?

Well I haven't, but I am guessing something like that is the thought process.

edit: lolling at idea of posting that to official PRS Facebook page under heading "Check out my sweet TONE mod."

unlawfulsoup fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Apr 10, 2015

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

an improvement imo

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

unlawfulsoup posted:

Have you ever wanted a BC Rich but you accidentally bought a nice looking guitar?

Well I haven't, but I am guessing something like that is the thought process.

edit: lolling at idea of posting that to official PRS Facebook page under heading "Check out my sweet TONE mod."

do it

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
As A JEM owner I know a thing or two about tone holes. Allow me to explain...

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat
I sent a neck out earlier today, the guy seemed like a fun sort so I marked the box "Sex Toys (batteries not included)" on the customs declaration. He added me on Facebook and I just found out he's a Pentacostalist preacher. Eep.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

White Dog Eggs posted:

I sent a neck out earlier today, the guy seemed like a fun sort so I marked the box "Sex Toys (batteries not included)" on the customs declaration. He added me on Facebook and I just found out he's a Pentacostalist preacher. Eep.

Hes gonna email you back asking how much for batteries.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Faustus, are you a contractor? They're putting in a new cafeteria at my work and I think I found your gang tag:

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
don't hate that's a cool band name and walking in there would make you cool

but lol

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
Why is a duck's head floating above the turtle candle??!

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

unlawfulsoup posted:

Why is a duck's head floating above the turtle candle??!

Hell if I know. The sense of design around this place screams "schizophrenic 10-year-old handed unlimited crayons".

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Hell if I know. The sense of design around this place screams "schizophrenic 10-year-old handed unlimited crayons".

I think that does a pretty good job of summing up most street art, so yeah.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Faustus, are you a contractor? They're putting in a new cafeteria at my work and I think I found your gang tag:

That is hilarious but I'm fairly certain King's X is a popular Christian thing outside of a band name. Whoever did that probably hasn't heard of the band, but if so, bravo.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Dr. Faustus posted:

That is hilarious but I'm fairly certain King's X is a popular Christian thing outside of a band name. Whoever did that probably hasn't heard of the band, but if so, bravo.

The building is called "king's cross" (it's harry potter themed, blech), so I assume it's just a stupid person who thought that was a "street" sounding abbreviation (there's like no black people here). But I will continue to pretend that you built my new dining hall to provide sweet lunch conversation tonez.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

The building is called "king's cross" (it's harry potter themed, blech), so I assume it's just a stupid person who thought that was a "street" sounding abbreviation (there's like no black people here). But I will continue to pretend that you built my new dining hall to provide sweet lunch conversation tonez.
I heartily approve of this and I wish you truly inordinate amounts of enjoyment from it. I would!

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

:tastykake:||||||||||:tastykake:
Ugh Fender what are these, Ed Hardy guitars?

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

those literally look like something from a "beginner's guitar package" from Toys r us

eg

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

booshi posted:

Ugh Fender what are these, Ed Hardy guitars?

their biggest crime is the white maple neck and not the vintage tint neck or whatever it's called

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

:tastykake:||||||||||:tastykake:

Spanish Manlove posted:

their biggest crime is the white maple neck and not the vintage tint neck or whatever it's called

I'm surprised the tree of life body doesn't come with matching fretboard.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

Spanish Manlove posted:

[sperg] Those necks were originally clear, the yellowing was from the nitrocellulose finish yellowing with age[/sperg]

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

White Dog Eggs posted:

[sperg] Those necks were originally clear, the yellowing was from the nitrocellulose finish yellowing with age[/sperg]

like I said: "whatever"

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

Spanish Manlove posted:

like I said: "whatever"

I get so used to explaining "vintage" finishes vs "genuine vintage" finishes to people that I do it automatically and without feeling.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

White Dog Eggs posted:

I get so used to explaining "vintage" finishes vs "genuine vintage" finishes to people that I do it automatically and without feeling.

to me, it's the name of a color, like "burnt sienna," and not a depiction of veracity brought on by age

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

Spanish Manlove posted:

to me, it's the name of a color, like "burnt sienna," and not a depiction of veracity brought on by age

Funnily enough, with Fender the mix seems to vary according to the whims of whomever is in charge of the "putting orange poo poo into the poly" machine that day, sometimes you get really gross examples. The best part is that they now do nitro finishes with 'vintage' tint. Over the years it'll fade into an "ill piss" shade that will look awesomely gross, thensomeone will try and re-create that for a relic finish and the cycle will continue until 2100 where all maple necks will look like giant Guinness turds.

Also Hello Kitty Squiers will be worth the price of a lower-mid range family car.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
I really like those white maple necks with some color schemes, like the white j-basses with the black pickguard, binding and inlays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Fair Hallion posted:

those literally look like something from a "beginner's guitar package" from Toys r us

eg

tRu's entire music section would be at home in this thread

more than once i've been tempted by the Hello Kitty toy grand piano for that wonderful "being slammed on by a three year old" tone, but poo poo's like $80 or something

i did however buy my spongebob ukulele there, which with new strings sounds surprisingly nice for a cheap piece of plastic

• Locked thread