Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Fucknag posted:

I imagine the same way you get the original flavor Fiats they're based on.

I don't know how to do that, either!

My aunt has a ratty yellow Polski Fiat in her garage, maybe she'd sell it to me. And then I spend like five times what it's worth getting it to the States.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Worth it

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Gramps! :neckbeard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJRUaJ-pTSk

:smith:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

lol it even has the donkey

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yda4f8sIjpU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I was all like "noooooo", but Marty and Moog would never let such an amazing engine build go to waste.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Whoa he was really hauling rear end

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Project Binky should have an update soon right? Going through British humour withdraws.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

They are already gutting him:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxKzb4fZwBI

Wonder what the new shell will be.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

"I thought we were building Subarus, not Scubarus" :v:

E: RCR does the Buick Roadmaster, but something's slightly off on this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooFWD5w6pXA

:getin: The CamMaster

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Apr 10, 2015

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Alighieri posted:

Project Binky should have an update soon right? Going through British humour withdraws.

I Dno the last upload was in December. Granted he does a poo poo ton of fabrication that im sure takes weeks at a time and everything is x2 AND I'm assuming has actual customer projects he needs to do to. Im sure we should see something soon. Do they have a Facebook or something with small updates?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
:siren:ROADKILL:siren:

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

"Fred, this is a ninety-thousand dollar car. Enjoy yourself."

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I like the part where they destroy everything.

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
i fukkin love roadkill

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I don't know why exactly, but I really need one of these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-9uzLBtMtY

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

These are going to be some amazing dealer demo cars in about a week.

Maybe they'll sign them.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

These are going to be some amazing dealer demo cars in about a week.

Maybe they'll sign them.

They're probably to-be-crushed press cars. fast n loud which is also sponsored by dodge got the scat pack challenger, and pulled the engine to stick into an older challenger. I would imagine freiburger's comment about putting a hellcat in a roadkill vehicle may lead to the same. Maybe pulling the motorhome 440 out of the charger and making a ratty 700hp charger.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Powershift posted:

They're probably to-be-crushed press cars. fast n loud which is also sponsored by dodge got the scat pack challenger, and pulled the engine to stick into an older challenger. I would imagine freiburger's comment about putting a hellcat in a roadkill vehicle may lead to the same. Maybe pulling the motorhome 440 out of the charger and making a ratty 700hp charger.

They need to do that swap again; motorhome 440 into another charger, hellcat V8 into the motorhome.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

VikingSkull posted:

I like the part where they destroy everything.

I winced a little (I guess the mechanical sympathy warning was for me...) but god loving damnit I wish they would just close the windows when doing donuts in the dirt IT RUINS THE INTERIOR AND THAT poo poo IS A PAIN IN THE rear end TO CLEAN UP :smith:

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Hello Spaceman posted:

I winced a little (I guess the mechanical sympathy warning was for me...) but god loving damnit I wish they would just close the windows when doing donuts in the dirt IT RUINS THE INTERIOR AND THAT poo poo IS A PAIN IN THE rear end TO CLEAN UP :smith:
The funny part about this post is you thinking (or implying that there's a possibility) that they ever clean anything, ever, mechanical or otherwise

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012

Powershift posted:

when I saw the bit with the ramp truck rescue, I had a brief hope that it was leading up to Hellcat Gremmy.

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"

Friar Zucchini posted:

The funny part about this post is you thinking (or implying that there's a possibility) that they ever clean anything, ever, mechanical or otherwise
I did notice that someone sure did an amazing job getting the melted rubber shreds from the tri-burnout off of the cars before the motocross track filming though.

MonkeyNutZ fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 12, 2015

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Someone didn't pay attention in Mechanics 101: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6db_1428507241 (liveleak, so :nws:)

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo8uMdLG5lc

:siren: HE IS RISEN :siren:

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

I really wish they'd cut out the "dur we're old people" poo poo.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Turbo Yoda is seriously a cool guy. Marty is lucky to have a buddy like that. You NEVER see help like that for chips here in the states. Except of course the AI chap with the garage for beer and whatnot.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Preoptopus posted:

Turbo Yoda is seriously a cool guy. Marty is lucky to have a buddy like that. You NEVER see help like that for chips here in the states. Except of course the AI chap with the garage for beer and whatnot.

MCM is the best advertising Ichibarn or Turbo Yoda ever had so I'm betting the cost of a older Liberty is zero compared to the customer lineup due to the show.

Still is cool guy but those two businesses really get a biiiiiig leg up from MCM. Just before MCM got big and Ben was just one of Marty's mates, Ichibarn went into recievership, Mechanical Stig and his partner bought them out and weren't exactly flush with cash - now they are pretty much the biggest place for Subaru importing and mechanics, some due to they are in fact quite good, the main part due to the huge publicity of MCM being in their workshop.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Cat Terrist posted:

MCM is the best advertising Ichibarn or Turbo Yoda ever had so I'm betting the cost of a older Liberty is zero compared to the customer lineup due to the show.

Still is cool guy but those two businesses really get a biiiiiig leg up from MCM. Just before MCM got big and Ben was just one of Marty's mates, Ichibarn went into recievership, Mechanical Stig and his partner bought them out and weren't exactly flush with cash - now they are pretty much the biggest place for Subaru importing and mechanics, some due to they are in fact quite good, the main part due to the huge publicity of MCM being in their workshop.

How much would a punted-to-poo poo 11 year old Liberty with an EJ205, automatic, and a filthy interior fetch for someone like Turbo Yoda in the Australian market anyway? I can't see the car being a lot more than $5k AUD or so.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Seat Safety Switch posted:

How much would a punted-to-poo poo 11 year old Liberty with an EJ205, automatic, and a filthy interior fetch for someone like Turbo Yoda in the Australian market anyway? I can't see the car being a lot more than $5k AUD or so.

Anything up to 10K. Second hand Subarus are not bargins in Aussieland and that 03 didnt look too bad apart from the kms. I still want a SpecB manual wagon one day :(

raffie
Feb 28, 2004
hopeless incompetent
Yes i was going to say, that car looks in pretty decent shape for it's age and mileage. Heck, it looks better than my 2009 BP9.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Cat Terrist posted:

Too true. I threw thousands at people just going by word of mouth when I was stuffing about with rotaries in the 90s.
If anyone was on the east coast with project cars, these guys would be almost printing money and have more work than they could handle due to the advertising MCM brings.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
New winter car has been decided upon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRq4lH2hw1s

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
Why is that snowmobile going so slow? I expected it to trounce the Atom.

Ah a non-studded track? Well that sucks.

Killstick fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Apr 14, 2015

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Killstick posted:

Why is that snowmobile going so slow? I expected it to trounce the Atom.

Because it's a snowmobile, not an icemobile.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Why is the Atom driver's helmet equipped with a breathing thingie?

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

bolind posted:

So his breath doesn't turn to ice on his visor.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

bolind posted:

Breath deflector to avoid fogging up the visor. It just makes your exhaled breath go down and out of the helmet

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Holy poo poo that snow machine is ridiculous.
Electronically controlled exhaust valves...
http://www.polaris.com/en-us/snowmobiles/800-rush-pro-s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
My 1986 Suzuki has electronically controlled exhaust valves. The cool tech on that this is the fuel injection and electronic oil injection