Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Gamestop shorted me $9 and it is looking impossible to get it sorted out. :\

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
RIP the 9 bux

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

A Spider Covets posted:

i dont like the shades in pillars of eternity, they are gay.

They never stop showing up and it always sucks

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

actually I called the 800 number and they found the missing 9bux and told me the district manager would tell the store to give it to me. so, fingers crossed and all that.

i also let them know the store manager is a fat piece of poo poo that is always a dick to me. i returned a copy of Bloodborne (because I bought it, then got it as a birthday present) and he actually said "we don't do returns on new items" even though it was still sealed :wtf:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

precision posted:

Gamestop shorted me $9 and it is looking impossible to get it sorted out. :\

Did you have a preorder mysteriously disappear as well?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Is there a thread for rhythm games? Stuff like Osu!, Stepmania, etc.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

game stop is so weird, because their entire business model seems to be "We don't actually need your business." the few times I have called them to see if they have stuff (Wii U pro controllers, some old games, yadda yadda), they're always like "Uhhh, obviously not?" and then I just order it online, because the only reason to deal with them would be to get something within walking distance if I want it day of.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
GameStop is dying and is just trying to squeeze what money they can before they go the way of the dodo, good customer service requires money

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee

The Colonel posted:

ps. nayuta no kiseki is a good anime game, i highly recommend it if you like stuff like brave fencer musashi and threads of fate

Threads of Fate is my favorite PS1 game. I will try this one.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Me: Hey, Gamestop, do you have any Nintendo games available?
Gamestop employee: What do you think this is, Funcoland?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

Happy birthday, games chat thread poster. Merry video games and many happy returns and experience points.
Thank you fellow posters. This year I've had to deal with the hardest thing that's ever happened to me and video games (among other things) have definitely helped me stay sane.

The Colonel posted:

ps. nayuta no kiseki is a good anime game, i highly recommend it if you like stuff like brave fencer musashi and threads of fate
Is there a full English translation for this? It looks rad as hell

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

Me: Hey, Gamestop, do you have any Nintendo games available?
Gamestop employee: What do you think this is, Funcoland?
The Gamestop near me has the best selection of Nintendo games and accessories I've ever seen, but every other Gamestop I've been to is terrible.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I've been to gamestop exactly twice and that was to pick up used games for a ps2 i bought off a coworker for $20

they didn't have the LOTR: two towers hack and slash :smith:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I went to Gamestop to get my New 3DS XL on launch day and they had one left and I got it! :buddy:

Anyway that's my Gamestop story Gamestop is still total crap either way.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

The Shortest Path posted:

Is there a thread for rhythm games? Stuff like Osu!, Stepmania, etc.

make one, friend

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
my gamestop often has hard to find 3/DS games cheaper than eBay or Amazon so that's why we go there, also it's extremely close to our apt

there is an "indie" game store but it smells of rancid sweat and is always full of kids playing Magic and they overprice everything

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

lol the new Guitar Hero:

- is low-effort FMV with an overlay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-rFR7fnx-s

- not compatible with previous peripherals or songs

- has three types of currency

get owned guitar nerds

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Fungah! posted:

make one, friend
I swear there was at least a stepmania thread and probably something for EBA or Osu

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Quest For Glory II posted:

lol the new Guitar Hero:

get owned guitar nerds

I feel so bad for the Rock Band guys and the way Activision has decided to just relentlessly gently caress them

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

lol the new Guitar Hero:

get owned guitar nerds

Really not that bothered, pretty much all the good songs have already been in these games :shrug:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

lol the new Guitar Hero:

get owned guitar nerds

You have to spend triforces to buy songs?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Adam Bowen posted:

I feel so bad for the Rock Band guys and the way Activision has decided to just relentlessly gently caress them

to be fair this looks awful and nobody will buy it, at least rock band will be backwards compatible and rope people like me back into it

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Seriously this looks like a Sega CD game with higher resolution video.

Barring Snatcher and Lunar which were games that actually tried to not suck.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

that's too bad. I remember Rock Band being kind of a fun party game, although i admittedly haven't played it in years.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

hardly anyone will buy any new plastic instrument games for the new consoles because they're pot committed to tracks they bought on the old ones, which they can't convert because licensing. so stupid

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Fungah! posted:

make one, friend

I've been on SA for almost three years and never made a thread. I'd probably be really bad at it.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Pablo Gigante posted:

Is there a full English translation for this? It looks rad as hell

Totally, it's floating around somewhere on GBAtemp, should be the first link that pops up when you do a google search for it. It's super rough, but it will actually let you understand what people are saying which is very important for all the sidequests.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the best thing about guitar games coming back is that it means really awkward and terrible fake-guitar performances on stage at E3 this year, and maybe a really lame 90s rock cameo

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/the-angry-birds-animated-movie-will-cost-185-million-dollars-20150414

hell yeah... angry birds!!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
As soon as Rock Band Green Day came out I knew the plastic guitar game craze was reaching its decline. Now it will die an unfortunately slow death.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I've been on SA for almost three years and never made a thread. I'd probably be really bad at it.

just post what you feel, there's no such thing as good and bad

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Fungah! posted:

just post what you feel, there's no such thing as good and bad

Unfortunately this is not true as for most Games posters there is only really really really good or really really really bad with no inbetween. That said I say make a rhythm games thread they're fun.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

the best thing about guitar games coming back is that it means really awkward and terrible fake-guitar performances on stage at E3 this year, and maybe a really lame 90s rock cameo

I hope Hanson shows up.

Peter Dinklage in an angry birds movie. The birds also look weird as poo poo with the legs and everything. Like bizarro muppets or something.

That one guy almost looks like totoro.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 14, 2015

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

there's literally one thread on the first page that isn't 7+ pages and it's fiwer's warcraft thread. smdh

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

I hope Hanson shows up.
More likely it would be like system of a down or powerman or something.

I wanna post the road to e3 thread in may but if that call of duty reveal event is gonna be anything like the COD: Ghosts reveal where they bragged about real-time fish and dog mocap then I might launch it that week instead

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fungah! posted:

there's literally one thread on the first page that isn't 7+ pages and it's fiwer's warcraft thread. smdh

i need to make some threads tonight

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

:justpost:

at least on games

dont do that on D&D, in fact, don't post there at all

but otherwise :justpost:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Eonwe posted:

i need to make some threads tonight

yeah same. i'll start brainstorming

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

following the angry birds theme, i think there should be a thread about birds in games, comparing their AI and textures and stuff to see which one is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I was gonna make another Interactive Fiction thread when the annual competition ended last year but still haven't done it :effort:

• Locked thread