Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

katkillad2 posted:

Why do they call giant awesome mech robots dolls?
I mean in a way it is playing with dolls

NO THEY'RE ACTION FIGURES MOM!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

Quest For Glory II posted:

NO THEY'RE AMIIBOS, SA!!!

FTFY

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

The plural of amiibo is amiibo, not amiibos. :engleft:

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
amiibii

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
amanbabyo

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=678057185632211

200cc Mute City video on the Mario Kart Facebook page.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I'm still super excited for 200 CC, but after remembering that the GC Yoshi course exists, now I'm also a little scared.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

katkillad2 posted:

Why do they call giant awesome mech robots dolls?

Social commentary

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Electric Phantasm posted:

drat that looks sweet...

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Red Robin Hood posted:

drat that looks sweet...

Now imagine it with the music layered in over the top

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
They fall off the track, and go backwards, and still manage to get 2nd place.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Monkey Fracas posted:

Now imagine it with the music layered in over the top

It's so good.

http://youtubedoubler.com/f2zc

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

I'd honestly prefer

http://youtubedoubler.com/f2Eb

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Slight update, Stealth Inc. 2 has been removed from the Recommended Exclusives because it's no longer exclusive. You should still absolutely pick it up, regardless. I may start looking into putting up some recommendations for games that are multiplatform, especially since Scram Kitty will soon be falling off the list for the same reason. The thing that stopped me last time was that such a list felt pointless and way too broad.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I would like to give Nintendo money in exchange for the Tropical Freeze soundtrack. Is there currently any way to do this?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Minidust posted:

I would like to give Nintendo money in exchange for the Tropical Freeze soundtrack. Is there currently any way to do this?

No. Nintendo doesn't really do commercial OST releases very often, just limited-edition promo items or whatever. There's some Pokemon OSTs on iTunes but Pokemon Company does what it wants.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Thanks again for posting this. I'm finally home and it's really nice to have DKC Tropical Freeze ready to go on my system.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Electric Phantasm posted:

Still not F-Zero-fast. There's clearly enough time to mentally process the upcoming turns before you hit them :colbert:.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Spacebump posted:

Thanks again for posting this. I'm finally home and it's really nice to have DKC Tropical Freeze ready to go on my system.

Yeah, no prob. I only just recently found it out myself and it's super convenient.

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

http://www.starfox-horizons.com/

What the heck? :confused:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I clicked on Informations but there weren't any.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Fake.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Thanks for the link. E3 cannot come soon enough.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape

Just checked and I am pretty sure Nintendo wouldn't use a guy named Remy in France to register a domain for them.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
The font for the Nintendo banner at the top of the site is the biggest giveaway.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the fact that it's not called Star Wolf is the biggest give away

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Nintendo DEFINITELY uses the banner from their nintendo.com sites on websites that are registered outside of their domain. There aren't any first Party Nintendo games that have a website outside of the nintendo.com domain.

Also, Winter 2015 is over.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Fremry posted:

yes, something that doesn't start until December is already over.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

jivjov posted:

yes, something that doesn't start until December is already over.

Yeah, you're right. But whenever I see a company refer to the end of the year it's "Holiday 2015" and when they use "Winter" they mean Jan-March.

Edit: Also, that's far from the biggest red flag on that site.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Fremry posted:

Nintendo DEFINITELY uses the banner from their nintendo.com sites on websites that are registered outside of their domain. There aren't any first Party Nintendo games that have a website outside of the nintendo.com domain.

That's not what I mean. The typeface is different and the font is noticeably smaller.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spectacle Rock posted:

So the people who make the Shantae video games (Wayforward) are hoping Shantae gets voted in the Smash Bros Fighter Ballot. It's not that crazy; her first game was on the Gameboy Advance. Also, I really think she'd at least have a unique fighting style (hair attacks and genie powers).

I guess what I'm saying is we should vote for Shantae. Also, play "Shantae and the Pirate's Curse" if you haven't; great game! Plus, a possible Shantae Amiibo would rule.

I don't know how many characters Nintendo are going to accept, let alone if they'll do third party stuff, but if actual game developers themselves are saying "Yeah Nintendo use our character!" and enough fans want it, then it is win-win for everyone.

Nintendo has a good marketing tool ahead of them. They have already demonstrated that they aren't afraid to turn "Mario Kart" into "Nintendo Kart" by adding Link and Animal Crossing. I am fine with them doing this. If the Animal Crossing Mario Kart DLC sells well I could see them doing another round of some sort in the future. REAL BATTLE MODE PLEASE!!

They could continue to release content for Smash Bros almost indefinitely. Costumes are cheap. People who already bought the game will throw more money at it for more characters. Maybe someday we'll even be able to buy stages or something!

I think Nintendo's long time plan is to DLC the crap out of Smash Bros and I am okay with that. Plus, the creator of Smash Bros said this is probably the last Smash Bros game he'll ever work on. So, why not just make this the end all Smash game? Team Fortress II is nearly 10 years old and that game still gets new awesome content.

gently caress YOU!!!!!

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

noirstronaut posted:

That's not what I mean. The typeface is different and the font is noticeably smaller.

I was being sarcastic, and not talking about your post specifically. Every first party game I can find has a nintendo.com or zelda.com domain name. Majora's mask 3D isn't majoras-mask-3d.com, it's zelda.com/majoras-mask/

Tropical freeze is donkeykong.nintendo.com/tropical-freeze/. Nintendo has no history of making stand alone domain names for games.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
AIN'T STUPID

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Are those... amiibo?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Fremry posted:

Are those... amiibo?

Yes, they got a mention in the last Direct.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Nah, it's just promo art.

Placeholder prices for the Yarn Yoshi amiibos have started to go up and they're pretty pricey - 17GBP individually, 45GBP for the three-pack.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

bef posted:

gently caress YOU!!!!!

I see that you voted for DmC Dante...

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Why is the smash bros thread an aspie/furry deposit box? I remember playing good o'l melee for fun with friends.

Is that not a thing anymore?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Why is the smash bros thread an aspie/furry deposit box? I remember playing good o'l melee for fun with friends.

Is that not a thing anymore?

mmm yes, melee, a game free from the aspie/furry scourge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Minidust posted:

Tropical Freeze really does have an incredible soundtrack. Finally made it to 3-1 today, now I see what all the hype was about. What a great level.

The bosses can gently caress right off though, gently caress you owl guy with three loving stages in your battle and having to start over from the beginning when I die.

• Locked thread