Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

You should probably call your HOA before those pit bulls bite a child.

Awesome photo though.

We're going to an agility trial this weekend to support a friend, and all I can think about is our big goofy Dane doing those trials at dane-speed. Like ambient music playing doofus music while he slowly ambles through a course.

And then crushing the tunnel challenge.

E: well crap. That was last weekend. Teach me to be gone for a month. Oh well, photos posted, and at least it wasn't all borders and such.

pumped up for school fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Apr 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Great Dane agility trials are a great time waster on youtube. Those polls they have to weave through never knew what hit them.

It was a tail.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Writer Cath posted:

Great Dane agility trials are a great time waster on youtube. Those polls they have to weave through never knew what hit them.

It was a tail.

Holy crap I never knew there is a thing such as agility trials for Great Danes. All I hear in my head while they are running and jumping is KA KLOMP KA KLOMP KA KLOMP

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Tide posted:

Holy crap I never knew there is a thing such as agility trials for Great Danes. All I hear in my head while they are running and jumping is KA KLOMP KA KLOMP KA KLOMP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6MoVDcT9-s

Later in the video; I've never heard the crowd at one of these laugh before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=d6MoVDcT9-s#t=485

Writer Cath fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Apr 3, 2015

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Holy poo poo this is awesome, if this doesn't bring a smile to your face you're probably broken!

Quezacotl
Aug 5, 2006

I'm an atheist. Deal with it.
Since I became a contributing adult of society and moved out of my parents home, they have adopted two rescued Great Pyranees. The first time I was home, one of them was rather shy around me but everytime since then, they've remembered me and been relatively relaxed.

Here's photos from when one of them turned five last month, and everyone in the household got a hot dog treat.

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

Quezacotl posted:

Since I became a contributing adult of society and moved out of my parents home, they have adopted two rescued Great Pyranees. The first time I was home, one of them was rather shy around me but everytime since then, they've remembered me and been relatively relaxed.

Here's photos from when one of them turned five last month, and everyone in the household got a hot dog treat.

Aww, man. I love Pyr's. :3: I miss mine. I can only imagine the amount of hair in the house with two of them. They're fantastic dogs though.

My roommate and I picked up a rescue Great Dane about 2 weeks ago, he wandered into the neighborhood with no collar or microchip, and we haven't been able to find anyone looking for a Dane. He was absolutely starved to death when we found him, and has been doing very well since the worming (tapeworms and round). The vet thinks he's about 10 months, and he was 98lbs while skin-and-bones. For comparison, Ozzie was a healthy 90 lbs at the same age. He's gonna be huge if the starvation didn't stunt his growth. He's a big, dumb, goofy sweetheart. After a couple weeks with no responses, I'm kinda feeling better about hanging on to him. He picked a good house to wander up to. I'll try and get some pics up later; they're mostly on my phone and I've been having trouble uploading them.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

Aww, man. I love Pyr's. :3: I miss mine. I can only imagine the amount of hair in the house with two of them. They're fantastic dogs though.

My roommate and I picked up a rescue Great Dane about 2 weeks ago, he wandered into the neighborhood with no collar or microchip, and we haven't been able to find anyone looking for a Dane. He was absolutely starved to death when we found him, and has been doing very well since the worming (tapeworms and round). The vet thinks he's about 10 months, and he was 98lbs while skin-and-bones. For comparison, Ozzie was a healthy 90 lbs at the same age. He's gonna be huge if the starvation didn't stunt his growth. He's a big, dumb, goofy sweetheart. After a couple weeks with no responses, I'm kinda feeling better about hanging on to him. He picked a good house to wander up to. I'll try and get some pics up later; they're mostly on my phone and I've been having trouble uploading them.

So a Great Dane basically walked into your life?! That's pretty freakin amazing! What color is he? If he's a harlequin I'm going to come steal him!

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

The vet thinks he's about 10 months, and he was 98lbs while skin-and-bones.

I'm gonna have to stop you right there. He's still a puppy, and you have not posted pictures? That's not food in his tummy and worms coming out of his butt, it's the onset of Puppy Exploding Syndrome! We need photos.

Also, it is communicable, so we need recent snaps of the Oz too.

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

mattfl posted:

So a Great Dane basically walked into your life?! That's pretty freakin amazing! What color is he? If he's a harlequin I'm going to come steal him!

Yup, little feller just wandered up. He was really easily spooked at first and wouldn't come to anyone; in fact he ran if you tried to talk to him. I could tell he was starved, so I tried putting some food out for him, but he wouldn't come to it. My roommate and his son decided to take Ozzie and Sage and some Milk-Bones and see if they could coax him in. He started running from Ozzie, which meant the chase was on. Ozzie ran him around the car lot below my house, and then he ran straight to my roommate and wouldn't leave. He let us put a leash on him and came up to the house for a bowl of food, now he won't leave. :haw: He's black with a white blaze on his chest and belly; basically a younger male version of Sage.

Suspect Bucket posted:

I'm gonna have to stop you right there. He's still a puppy, and you have not posted pictures? That's not food in his tummy and worms coming out of his butt, it's the onset of Puppy Exploding Syndrome! We need photos.

Also, it is communicable, so we need recent snaps of the Oz too.

Oh lord, I'll have to see what I can do when I get home. :ohdear: I've got a bunch of phone pics, but I couldn't get them to upload to imgur. I've got a nice video of him and Ozzie playing from the day he came to us. The two of them wear each other out all day. New dog (Loki) isn't fixed yet, so he was really, really interested in trying to mount Ozzie. Ozzie didn't take kindly to it, and is now the Boss Dog. Except for Sage, who is really The Boss.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Yeah no I think we need Sage pictures first, then Ozzie, then Loki.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

Yup, little feller just wandered up. He was really easily spooked at first and wouldn't come to anyone; in fact he ran if you tried to talk to him. I could tell he was starved, so I tried putting some food out for him, but he wouldn't come to it. My roommate and his son decided to take Ozzie and Sage and some Milk-Bones and see if they could coax him in. He started running from Ozzie, which meant the chase was on. Ozzie ran him around the car lot below my house, and then he ran straight to my roommate and wouldn't leave. He let us put a leash on him and came up to the house for a bowl of food, now he won't leave. :haw: He's black with a white blaze on his chest and belly; basically a younger male version of Sage.

So awesome. We keep going back and forth on getting another one. We'd love to get someone for Archer to play with as our other dog a basset/beagle mix just isn't quite big enough to play rough with him. They try to play but it always ends up with Paisley getting annoyed and nasty with Archer.

Here, have a picture of Archer being a goof

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Oh are we posting stuff? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5tAMsRxSRw Balen and Amy bein made to bark about dinner. I'm a dick.

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

"The person who seeks all their applause from outside has their happiness in another's keeping."
Dale Carnegie

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Oh are we posting stuff? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5tAMsRxSRw Balen and Amy bein made to bark about dinner. I'm a dick.

Balen's back legs seem to be splaying quite a bit. Is that just the slippery floor?

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves
Well, here he is.

He has no concept of personal space. All affection must be administered with his head under your chin.

Sage continues to not be impressed.

Here's a few pics from the day he showed up.

This was after he'd been with us a few days. He was so skinny. :ohdear:

He has no idea that he has a back half. He also thinks if his head and front feet fit somewhere, then all of him can fit there.

This was from earlier this evening. He's had about 2 weeks of good feeding.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

left_unattended posted:

Balen's back legs seem to be splaying quite a bit. Is that just the slippery floor?

Partially. He's got some degeneration in his back legs these days, but hell he's about to be 10 at the end of next month. He still manages to run around the yard and chase Amy where he can get better traction. It's a good thing that we've got carpets here now. He takes 100mg of vetprofen for any possible pains or soreness, but his back legs are just weak. He still manages to get up the deck stairs and stuff though where he can get better grips, so that's what matters.

E: Aww, Sage :3:

I like this new black dane, too. He looks like a shitgitter.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I like this new black dane, too. He looks like a shitgitter.

We might need the hawgdawg xpert to weigh in, but his muzzle and build do seem purpose built. He looks boofier in the bone structure to my untrained eye. It might be the puppiness, but he looks a lot stockier then Oz and Sage (who I apologize to for forgetting her name).

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

Suspect Bucket posted:

We might need the hawgdawg xpert to weigh in, but his muzzle and build do seem purpose built. He looks boofier in the bone structure to my untrained eye. It might be the puppiness, but he looks a lot stockier then Oz and Sage (who I apologize to for forgetting her name).

Yeah, his frame is massive. I really don't know how big he'll get, since at his super skinny size right now he outweighed Ozzie at that age by a bunch. His feet are bigger than Oz's already, and his head stand higher, even though his back is still lower. I guess it depends on whether or not the starvation was enough to effect his growth. His head is just ridiculous, and his jowls are super jowly.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

This was from earlier this evening. He's had about 2 weeks of good feeding.

Oh my god that is the doofiest face :swoon:

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Ozziemandius, may I ask whereabouts you are? In early February I saw a small dane running around that resembles your new pup greatly. We pulled over and tried to get him to come closer but he was super spooky and ran off into the woods. I'd love to get some kind of closure.

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

kinmik posted:

Ozziemandius, may I ask whereabouts you are? In early February I saw a small dane running around that resembles your new pup greatly. We pulled over and tried to get him to come closer but he was super spooky and ran off into the woods. I'd love to get some kind of closure.

I'm in the eastern part of KY.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Kipp is still very reactive to strange dogs. We can't take him up to the mountains and in the forests because we can't see what's coming, dog-wise. However, we found a good area where we've got an open view of anyone coming toward us, and he's loving getting away from his boring daily neighborhood walks.

Typical Sunday at my house.

Wait... I know that theme music...

Game of Thrones is on!

5 minutes later Ug... nothing is happening again.

Marcellus
Apr 21, 2007
wtf mate

rebounded posted:

Kipp is still very reactive to strange dogs. We can't take him up to the mountains and in the forests because we can't see what's coming, dog-wise. However, we found a good area where we've got an open view of anyone coming toward us, and he's loving getting away from his boring daily neighborhood walks.

K.B. loves to backpack with us into the San Bernardinos and San Gabriels here where we live. He starts his socialization/reactivity training in a couple of weeks. We found him tied to a tree in 100 degree heat about a year ago. He's a super calm, happy dog. He was just neglected and gets anxious around strange dogs, but he's getting better. What used to be crazy pulling at the end of a leash is now some excited expressions and looking at us to see what to do/how to react. About 80% of the time he sits calmly as another dog passes. Otherwise he's quiet, but lunges to try and get close. It gets better with time. Good luck.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

I'm in the eastern part of KY.
Nah, unless this hardy dog crossed the Blue Ridge Mountains from central NC, I doubt it. Dammit. :smith: But thanks for taking in your big lunkus, I'm sure he found a good home with you.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
This dog went to clown college.

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves
Hay guys! Guess who just got to go to the vet to get tutored?

It's Loki, that's who :iamafag:

Plus some bonus cuteness from yesterday.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

Hay guys! Guess who just got to go to the vet to get tutored?

It's Loki, that's who :iamafag:

Did they teach him about the birds and the bees?

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Or lack thereof?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Sit. Spay. Good dog!

kitten
Feb 6, 2003
Guess we can be conehead buddies!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Sit. Spay. Good dog!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kitten
Feb 6, 2003
And because this is the big dog thread, this is how she looked before the cone.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

kitten posted:

Ohmygod. She's awesome and I love her giant smooshy face. :3: Gonna hafta request more pics, STAT.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

kitten posted:

That is the most depressed-looking dog I've ever seen:. She looks like she needs lots of hugging and petting :ohdear:.

Cadetcons
Aug 15, 2008
Glad to see this thread getting some new posts, and I'm happy to say I have a little monster to contribute!

Meet Dexter: https://youtu.be/hLJqeT45vbk

My phone take crappy pictures, but this video came out pretty well. (Sorry that I sound like an idiot, this was really exciting!)

He's 11 weeks old, and he's a really fast learner. We got him at 12 lbs and he's already up to 18 lbs.

I'll try to get some good pictures so I can share them soon. We met his parents and cousins and grandparents, and they are all huge. So happy to have a big doofy dog!

Cadetcons
Aug 15, 2008

Keeping my promise.

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

How many Polacks does it take to captain a pirate ship? One.
Finally going to be able to contribute to the thread! After a looooong time waiting we are finally getting a male brown newfoundland. Dog is only 3.5 weeks old (and 7 pounds already) so we can't pick it up until June, but here are some pics of the puppy:

We don't have a name yet, so any help would be appreciated!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

The Polish Pirate posted:

Finally going to be able to contribute to the thread! After a looooong time waiting we are finally getting a male brown newfoundland. Dog is only 3.5 weeks old (and 7 pounds already) so we can't pick it up until June, but here are some pics of the puppy:

:kimchi: His name is a string of about forty consonents and vowels put together in random, non-sayable order because that's the sound I made when I saw that little puppy face oh my goossshh

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Polish Pirate posted:

I think you've got yourself a baby Wookiee there, so Chewbacca.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!

thatbastardken posted:

Given we haven't heard from you since 01/01 I'm just going to assume you died.

Yeah, I have not died just been lurking. I will post a updated picture of Kitty Pryde and her big brother Dr. Wilson (He's 5 and somehow was given up on twice...).