Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

Javid posted:

I always felt like the superhuman May took out was like, a mind-controlling toddler or something she'd actually have reason to feel bad about killing.

I feel like it was mentioned that there was a young civilian casualty - maybe a young girl was the powered person they're talking about, and that's why May is so determined to protect Skye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

sbaldrick posted:

We need the 12 year old Phones, God of Fear

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I didn't eve notice my phone had changed it.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

The Red Queen posted:

I feel like it was mentioned that there was a young civilian casualty - maybe a young girl was the powered person they're talking about, and that's why May is so determined to protect Skye.

'Cavalry' just seems like an over the top nickname for someone who guns down a toddler.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

jfood posted:

'Cavalry' just seems like an over the top nickname for someone who guns down a toddler.

She is like the cavalry at wounded knee.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

sbaldrick posted:

I didn't eve notice my phone had changed it.

This week on Phones: God of Fear,

Phones' battery is at 3% but he needs to make an important call.

:phoneb::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phone:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I'm hyped this week because everyone could use more May in their lives, even in mid-April.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Can we get back to Ms. Surgically Implanted Knives In Her Fingers? Anyone want to start a petition to get her a stand alone show? "This week on Scratches..."

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Will we have any more breaks for the rest of the season?

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

The Sharmat posted:

On the "why don't they hit Dethlok in the head thing", besides all the internal armor bolted to his skull, isn't he effectively on a watered down version of extremis 24/7? Unless it was a really big gun, he'd probably just regenerate. A pistol isn't going to do it.

And yet, he's covered in hosed up burns still. And is still missing a leg. WHICH IS IT, EXTREMIS?!

I hope this Lincoln character is another love interest who's lying to Daisy the entire time. Because....sure, maybe they can make him less generic over time, but he is so goddamn dull on first viewing.

"Hi! I'm Lincoln! From the same factory that manufactures CW actors; I'll be your terrigenesis coach and sexual confidante until this arc ends and I crumble into splinters like an IKEA shelf."

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

Xealot posted:

And yet, he's covered in hosed up burns still. And is still missing a leg. WHICH IS IT, EXTREMIS?!

I hope this Lincoln character is another love interest who's lying to Daisy the entire time. Because....sure, maybe they can make him less generic over time, but he is so goddamn dull on first viewing.

"Hi! I'm Lincoln! From the same factory that manufactures CW actors; I'll be your terrigenesis coach and sexual confidante until this arc ends and I crumble into splinters like an IKEA shelf."

Full name Lincoln WARD, the other brother that hasn't been on screen yet. :smugdog:

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I wonder if the splinter bombs work on alien-derived peoples like Raina and Skye.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

The Red Queen posted:

Full name Lincoln WARD, the other brother that hasn't been on screen yet. :smugdog:

Lincoln is the really crazy one.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The Sharmat posted:

Lincoln is the really crazy one.

Seriously, his prices are insane!

Also he eats people.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Re-watching the show whilst paying more attention, there was a lolcat mug that mentioned hating Mondays that was shown early in this season, when the base was first being shown off. Fitz was using it in 2x13, the episode with Cal's team of the worst super-powered individuals ever.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Apoplexy posted:

Re-watching the show whilst paying more attention, there was a lolcat mug that mentioned hating Mondays that was shown early in this season, when the base was first being shown off. Fitz was using it in 2x13, the episode with Cal's team of the worst super-powered individuals ever.

Grumpy cat!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Hahahahaha, yes, thank you. And it's that same mug. Rules.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Xtanstic posted:

Will we have any more breaks for the rest of the season?

Nope. The only break this time was the winter break, and we got Agent Carter for the end of that.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Speaking of Cal's big episode, One of Us, Kyle MacLachlan is seriously the best actor on this show. He's chewing the scenery just the right amount for Cal's insanity and lack of self-control. Best episodes are with Cal.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Red Queen posted:

Possibly a Ward brother.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I think the name of Ward #3 is Thomas, but don't hold me to that.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Apoplexy posted:

I think the name of Ward #3 is Thomas, but don't hold me to that.

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Thomas_Ward

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Xealot posted:

He's already been lying to her about Raina (and presumably Mua'dad) so it's not really much of a stretch for him to be lying about other things, too.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
Thomas Lincoln Ward

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Xealot posted:

I thought is was weird when Poots called out the Lincoln for lying about Reina when she should've realized he really never told her the truth about ANYTHING. Gordon wouldn't take her away, there's elders that decide everything-- not even the pizza! This guy is like the anti-Ward in that he basically lies to her non-stop.

Still, he is cute.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Funhilde posted:

Thomas Lincoln Ward

I'm - no word of a lie - hoping that this is true so another wave of THAT'S NOT HIS NAME!!! jokes get made. Some of them have been absolutly brilliant

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This is already making me sad :(

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
This is a pretty good opener. Especially with Coulson being so chummy with May and her husband.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Avengers callout.

Also there have been entire episodes where May didn't talk this much.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Tailing Fitz. These people are such liars.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Also there have been entire seasons where May didn't talk this much.

Fixed that for you.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Happy family May terrifies me.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So that is set just before Iron Man 1?

That's not an comics person?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
"Theta Protocol", hmm.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

twistedmentat posted:

So that is set just before Iron Man 1?

That's not an comics person?

"Seven years ago", Iron Man came out in 2008, so yeah, that sounds about right. Just before or right around.

EDIT: again with the "let's vibrate the hell out of a mountain, forgetting that they are on a mountain" thing. What a great idea.

Lemniscate Blue fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Apr 15, 2015

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Congrats Skye, you just killed like 200 mountain goats...

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like how Skye isn't totally buying into "my friends betrayed me because i'm different!".

GLOSS posted:

Congrats Skye, you just killed like 200 mountain goats...

Dinner!

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The powered person is already strong enough that May taking her down with be drat impressive.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

To be fair, curried goat is pretty awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd like to image Gordon and Stick have a weekly bridge game.

• Locked thread