Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Can't help it, I love the old school drop shadow on the numbers. Considering it's the Browns, I'd say these are pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Not that they're good (sideways shoulder stripes way too fat, why cut off the stripe with BROWNS, not a huge fan of the numbering drop shadow but it might grow on me) but I honestly expected a whole lot worse.

At least the helmets aren't hosed.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Oh boy. Those are bad. Don't like the font at all

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

The all-orange looks okay to me. Orange numbers on Brown jerseys looks horrendous to me.

Orange numbers on white jerseys looks weird to me.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

The orange is too red and it makes the brown look blacker and therefore makes them look like the Bengals.

This is dumb and retarded.

The all orange is too much, white with orange numbers is ok. Brown is terrible.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

The Browns are black and red now?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I think the white-on-white and white-on-brown pants look the best, minus the BROWNS on the legs. I don't get that at all.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Is there a jersey that's come out in the last 10 years that all of you didn't hate

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I love all new jerseys, death to tradition.

I'm not even being ironic here, I hate boring rear end old jerseys like the Colts', the Bucs and Jags jerseys are my favorite.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Pretty sure most everyone liked the Chargers, 49ers, Bills and the second time the Vikings changed their uniforms.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
http://www.si.com/nfl/photos/2015/04/14/new-cleveland-browns-uniforms-unveiled

I like the drop shadow. New orange is meh.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Man the lighting is really poo poo on that stage, because this actually looks 100% better than it looked in the reveal:

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/2015-uniform-reveal.html

edit: only the brown jersey though. those orange get ups are a war crime.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

It's a wonder what professional photography plus photoshop will do

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Loved the old Browns uniforms, but I'm pretty sure the main reason was the color scheme is so good. I like the new ones a lot too, except for the BROWNS on the leg. That's weird.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Individually I don't like a lot of the elements. Like the drop shadow font, the different colored stitching, and the big 'ole BROWNS on the leg. But somehow altogether it mostly works. I like the big fat stripes. But I'm a sucker for big fat simple stripes.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I think the Cleveland lettering is a great addition. That's basically a staple in all other sport jerseys but almost non-existent (or at least, very small font) in football. A good distinct look for a team without any other kind of jersey emblem.

Also really like that orange stitching on the brown jerseys. The Browns lettering on the leg, though, just looks bad and I would agree that some of the combinations look too much like the Bengals (orange-on-white is the biggest offender).

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I dunno the Oklahoma State Browns there don't look terrible. Too bad Okie Lite's best jersey was black with orange font.

Also I'm glad I never got that Justin Blackmon throwback.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I think the new uniforms look great, especially the all-orange one. My only gripe is that they should have reversed the colors on the numbers for the brown jerseys so that they're white with orange edging than the other way around.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I think the brown is the weakest of the three and I'm not huge on the drop shadow (especially on the brown) but it's a solid evolution.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I hate them. I mean, I was always going to hate them but I really, really hate them.

Way to fix the only thing about your team that wasn't broken, Haslam.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
This is far from Nike's worst offense. I don't like the Browns on the legs, and I feel like the shoulder stripes come in too far on the front. They stay on the shoulder on the back but it almost reaches the collar on the front, it looks off. The drop shadow is a little odd but it doesn't bother me much. The colors are fine. This re-design reminds me of the Dolphins one, unnecessary but not bad. There was no reason to change anything so it's obviously worse, but when viewed without comparison it's really not that bad.

Jags Helmet and Tampa's unis are still easily the worst.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Yeah, even objectively, these aren't the worst jersey changes in recent history. But the orange numbers, those are going to take a lot of getting used to

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

For us by us.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I like about half of the Nike updates. The ones I don't like it's just one detail, (Jags and Dolphins helmets, Buccs #s). These are the first I find worse in every facet.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I was sort of okay with that, then I saw the BROWNS.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The all-orange with the new scheme and the wordmark on the pants looks like something out of some futuristic correctional institution

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

The orange numbers look lovely and will be hard to read in game conditions on TV.

There's potential I suppose, but they look like the offspring of Tampa's popsicle jersey and Oklahoma State. Good idea but a lovely output, which is the Browns in a nutshell.

Of course, it's all about putting money in The Flying J's pocket, and not actually improving the franchise.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The weird pauldron stripes that just cut off unceremoniously are pretty silly.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

WHOOPS posted:

Pretty sure most everyone liked the Chargers, 49ers, Bills and the second time the Vikings changed their uniforms.

The Bills redesign was alright, but god drat I want the red helmets back

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'll be nice. The all whites look good and that's the only uni the Browns should ever wear anyways.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I really liked the old Browns unis. As someone said, the orange is too red now. It looks weird and unnatural, sort of like how a glass of V8 juice looks. The old orange was perfect and was one of the best primary colors in the NFL.

BROWNS is the worst single uniform thing in the NFL it is laughable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZR1gSvnOI0

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I really like the jersey stripes and the way the corner does the same angle on the pants stripe

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Maybe we should be the Cleveland OH HOLY loving ORANGE I'M BLIND!?!??! Cleveland Blood Oranges now.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Can't wait for someone to poo poo himself so I can watch it dribble down the BROWNS on the legs

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
I don't like the shade of orange, or the BROWNS wordmark on the pants. Everything else is pretty dope. I mean they're "fixing" something that wasn't broken, and anything they changed would be worse than what had existed before it, but keeping that in mind they did a good job with what they wanted to do.

Also the Jags uniforms (minus the helmet) are actually loving awesome and you're blind/dumb/boring if you disagree .hth.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

they're good

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

unironically the only good thing about these jerseys

gotta carry the dawg pound on my back

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Worst uniform set in the NFL, befitting of the franchise. They look like knockoff jerseys from a strip mall urban wear store circa 2004.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Orange numbers on brown jerseys, Jesus. That plus the huge stupid BROWNS mark gently caress up the best jerseys in the NFL. I really want Jimmy Haslam to die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

SA2K posted:

Is there a jersey that's come out in the last 10 years that all of you didn't hate

Bills, Jaguars except the helmet, Bucs except the number font

On the other hand, those were all fixes of mediocre to bad jerseys. This was one of the best jerseys in the NFL, now it's in the bottom third or so

• Locked thread