Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Also looking at mechromancer, any builds that work well for co-op?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Elderbean posted:

Anarchy. Always go Anarchy.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Elderbean posted:

Her Little Big Trouble tree can be very helpful for laying down slag and stripping shields with electric damage. It's a really status-based tree, which can be fun.

On the other hand,

lazerwolf posted:

Anarchy. Always go Anarchy.
:black101:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
These last few levels of TVHM (I'm in Sawtooth Cauldron) are giving me a much harder time than my PC run. Most of that is the KBM>controller, but my gear is also crappier. I slightly tuned the loot tables on PC, and was almost always at least all blue. Now I'm constantly using green weapons, and feel I'm behind in one or two areas all the time.

Only 50% or so of golden key gear has been useful, and I don't want to over do it w/ the keys.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Finally managed to beat EOS with Hambone's help. I got a really nice gun from that 200 moonstone chest. Glitched Jakobs assault rifle with a Torgue barrel. :torgue:

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Chasiubao posted:

Amazingly so. Switching inputs on my TV to go from uploading a 360 save to downloading it on Xbone really contrasted how much better it looks on current gen consoles.

Wait. You can load a save from 360 onto the Bone? Can you go 360 to PS4? I would buy on PS4 if that were the case. Not likely to do the Bone.
What manner of sorcery is this?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Ultimate Mango posted:

Wait. You can load a save from 360 onto the Bone? Can you go 360 to PS4? I would buy on PS4 if that were the case. Not likely to do the Bone.

Only Xbox 360 to Xbox One and Playstation 3 to Playstation 4, unfortunately.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
When I booted up the handsome collection on the XB1 I got exactly 5000 badass rank (which was an even 100 tokens). Is that just a standard bonus? I had played BL2 on the 360 but didnt import a save and I had the prequal on the PC.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

When I booted up the handsome collection on the XB1 I got exactly 5000 badass rank (which was an even 100 tokens). Is that just a standard bonus? I had played BL2 on the 360 but didnt import a save and I had the prequal on the PC.

If you logged in with your shift account on the 360 before you got a "healthy chunk" of Badass rank as a loyalty reward.

I also played a bit of BL2 on PS3 when waiting for the PS4 version to update, and drat it looks and plays so much better. I ran around with a DPUH for a while, and the framerate dropped constantly and it was really just unbearable after getting used to PS4 games. Great port!

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Just got this game with the HC and I gotta say, I love it. My only complaint is when you're playing with friends, it's really hard to figure out what to shoot. Especially if you have Holojacks and Wilhelm drones running around, it's really hard to tell at a quick glance if the thing you've been shooting for 5 seconds is an enemy.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Just got this game with the HC and I gotta say, I love it. My only complaint is when you're playing with friends, it's really hard to figure out what to shoot. Especially if you have Holojacks and Wilhelm drones running around, it's really hard to tell at a quick glance if the thing you've been shooting for 5 seconds is an enemy.

Totally part of the charm. Sometimes when I play with Robojoe I have to stop shooting and step back because I can't see anything past all the fire and explosions and lasers and poo poo, and it's BRILLIANT :allears:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Ultimate Mango posted:

Only within the same family. I'm a dirty Xboner so I never have any of the existential crises people have over things like this, or the Rockband thing :smuggo:

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Chasiubao posted:

Only within the same family. I'm a dirty Xboner so I never have any of the existential crises people have over things like this, or the Rockband thing :smuggo:

I have a bone. I guess I could get this on the bone. But then it would suck me in and take my free time again. I played I think all of the DLC on the 360 for Borderlands 2 anyways, not sure I want to do that again, since the only things I didn't do were the raid style bosses.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I had the BL2 season pass, but that didn't cover all the single-map $2.99 mini-DLC packs, so at least that was something to draw me in. And TPS is worth the price of entry if you don't already have that.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Ultimate Mango posted:

If you're willing to get a bit hacky, you can use Gibbed's save editor to convert a save file from one format to another. You'd have to copy the save off your 360, open it in Gibbed on your PC, save it as PS3 format, and copy onto your PS3.
I don't know any details beyond that because I've only played on PC. (And I could be wrong! But a cursory Google supports me)

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I had to re-download the game on my 360 so I could upload one individual character at a time to "the cloud" so it could be downloaded in the next-gen copy. I, sadly, sold my copy of TPS long ago because it ran like sloppy poo poo with a split-screen game joining someone online; so I can't upload any of my modified characters to the new TPS, which sucks...but I guess it will force me to endure the entire game this time, at least.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
I started leveling a Nisha, and drat is she good. Her action skill is sooo much fun, and while I couldn't beat EOS with Athena until I was 3-4 levels over, I beat him with Nisha while 2 levels under on the first try. Admittedly a Luck Cannon dropped literally right in front of the door to the Cortex, but still, she's crazy good.

I'm really liking the Pre-Sequel so far, I think I'm gonna be putting a looot of time into it.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I have no idea how a single player is supposed to kill Eclipse at level. There's just too much incoming damage and too many sources of incoming damage. Without somebody else to draw off some of that fire the best I can do is knock down about half of his obscene amount of health after chipping through his obscene shield.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Pope Guilty posted:

I have no idea how a single player is supposed to kill Eclipse at level. There's just too much incoming damage and too many sources of incoming damage. Without somebody else to draw off some of that fire the best I can do is knock down about half of his obscene amount of health after chipping through his obscene shield.

It took me about three tries with a Gibbed Athena to beat him, and then I was dismayed to see you then just immediately go to EOS. I saved at that point and haven't gone back to it for a few days now - it is a ridiculous endurance-match in solo. I'll probably do it in the next few days, but it really sucked the fun out of it. I should probably try it multiplayer, but I've lone-wolfed most of my time in all the Borderlands games.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Pope Guilty posted:

Me neither. I don't know how I would beat him solo with anything other than the Doppelganger and abusing the hell out of Absolute Advantage (bumped up to 11 points thanks to the CEO of CEO mod which gives me an 88% chance not to consume ammo) with the biggest, baddest, most powerful and inaccurate Jacobs shotgun I could find with as much crit bonuses as possible. I would be firing a literal wall of buckshot once I got AA going which makes relatively easy work on those missiles as long as you catch them early enough. Of course, the missiles move way too fast, do way too much damage for the amount that gets fired per volley, and will target you even when you're down. That makes trying to revive anyone tantamount to suicide and you have to time your second wind after the missile volley has stopped or you'll be instantly down again which is really frustrating. It really feels like someone was off by a decimal point or two when assigning the missile attributes. Either that or they forgot that they have to tone him down as a story boss.

It took me a few tries against Eclipse before I finally beat him. EOS wasn't as bad since he was large enough most of my shotgun pellets would hit despite having about 20% accuracy. Still even with Absolute Advantage, I occasionally found myself running out of ammo since I had to depend on Leadership a lot to get my kill skills going and sometimes forget to activate and cycle the Digi-Jacks. Still, gently caress them both.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Wait, after going straight from that awful Shadow trap fight to Eclipse, there's ANOTHER boss? Ugh, guess I'll play through as Nisha again instead.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
I think what helped me the most when playing Nisha was being able to clear all the adds very quickly with Showdown. Especially in the later parts, I think the adds are the biggest problem, because it's possible to dodge EOS's telegraphed attacks (even with the annoying bombs at the end), but the adds will flank you, especially those drat heavy viruses. If you're worried about second winds, the small flying ones spawn almost immediately, so I always had one to shoot.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Just finished the Claptrap DLC myself and yeah, that last fight, while sort of fun, just takes too goddamn long. We had a level 50 with us on the first playthrough and even then it took a good 10-15 minutes.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Gearbox has said that they're tweaking the Legendary drop rates for the next few weeks. Each week until May 13th, the drop rate will be different, but never below the default, and there will be surveys so fans can say if they're happy with the drop rate. Survey for week 1 (April 9th-15th) is here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/B9VPFJP

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
I don't know if it has been mentioned before but I found away to farm really easy. Do the "Capture Wraiths" mission and farm it as usual except you use the Stimulating Iterated Blaster (see crappy img). It's an electric glitch laser that has two special modes: Red mode fires slow, powerful shots that cost several rounds each and Gold mode with rapid fire, continuous fire, and ammo reload on kill that is fast enough to fill the gun faster than you can expend rounds. Trigger Fire Wraiths, position yourself close enough that you get oxygen canisters and that you are doing critical headshots upon spawn. Effects are random so keep continuously shooting until the gun turns gold, confirm your aim, turn off vibration and put down controller, turn 360 and walk away

edit: I use this gun because it's electrical, I am not sure the powers of other glitch weapons so maybe this works for a variety of weapons.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HAmbONE fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Apr 15, 2015

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

HAmbONE posted:

I don't know if it has been mentioned before but I found away to farm really easy. Do the "Capture Wraiths" mission and farm it as usual except you use the Stimulating Iterated Blaster (see crappy img). It's an electric glitch laser that has two special modes: Red mode fires slow, powerful shots that cost several rounds each and Gold mode with rapid fire and weapon reload on kill. Trigger Fire Wraiths, position yourself close enough that you get oxygen canisters and that you are doing critical headshots upon spawn. Effects are random so keep continuously shooting until the gun turns gold, confirm your aim, turn off vibration and put down controller, turn 360 and walk away

edit: I use this gun because it's electrical, I am not sure the powers of other glitch weapons so maybe this works for a variety of weapons.

The error code indicates the chance of each glitch effect occuring, from 0-4. Yours is O2 L4 M1 A0, so it has a very high chance of the Loop glitch. Any good autofire-gun, especially lasers will work for this. Good tip!

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose

Greenplastic posted:

The error code indicates the chance of each glitch effect occuring, from 0-4. Yours is O2 L4 M1 A0, so it has a very high chance of the Loop glitch. Any good autofire-gun, especially lasers will work for this. Good tip!

I edited my post again because I left out a key part; that laser is auto-firing in gold mode so you don't even have to hold the trigger. I am cleaning the house and I just occasionally pop back to jiggle the controls a bit.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

HAmbONE posted:

I edited my post again because I left out a key part; that laser is auto-firing in gold mode so you don't even have to hold the trigger. I am cleaning the house and I just occasionally pop back to jiggle the controls a bit.

That's great. Is it netting you XP enough to level or are you doing it for the moonstones and stuff?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Greenplastic posted:

That's great. Is it netting you XP enough to level or are you doing it for the moonstones and stuff?

As a note, you stop getting more moonstones once you hit 500.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose

Greenplastic posted:

Both, gone from 51 to 54 in a decent amount of time. Turned on a second controller and loaded a character from my storage account. It went from 1 to 42 in the same amount of time

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

HAmbONE posted:

Both, gone from 51 to 54 in a decent amount of time. Turned on a second controller and loaded a character from my storage account. It went from 1 to 42 in the same amount of time

drat I need to get a second controller

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

2k Australia is no more.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2015/04/2k-australia-in-canberra-closes-its-doors/

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

How convenient, they lasted just long enough to get out Claptastic Voyage.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Father Wendigo posted:

How convenient, they lasted just long enough to get out Claptastic Voyage.

The moon is for mining, not software development.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The best case scenario here is Gearbox takes over putting out more DLC and we get the awesome TPS characters in levels that are on the quality level of BL2 and the non-Hammerlock DLC.

Hey, I can dream!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Nah I really doubt we're gonna get any more DLC. This is probably the reason they only did 1 campaign anyway.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Gearbox/2K have flat out said that this is all the DLC we're getting, I don't know why people keep expecting more. No, it's not as much as we got for BL2, but a) it's a smaller game, really, and b) BL2 had an actual fuckton of DLC, so it would be hard to come close to that.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

AirRaid posted:

Gearbox/2K have flat out said that this is all the DLC we're getting, I don't know why people keep expecting more. No, it's not as much as we got for BL2, but a) it's a smaller game, really, and b) BL2 had an actual fuckton of DLC, so it would be hard to come close to that.

Some of the marketing for The Handsome Collection doesn't say that it has all of the DLC, just all of BL2's and all of the Pre-Sequel's DLC as of 3/24. I wouldn't expect more, especially since they just closed the studio. Though if it sells enough they could always change that.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

HC's marketing said some weird stuff because it included DLC that wasn't actually released yet at the time (Claptastic Voyage), so the wording was weird as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
So I'm working through the Claptastic Voyage as Athena (Normal mode) and it's a pretty cool DLC so far, I've just beaten the Denial Subroutine and freed Shadowtrap and from what I understand, the end boss of the DLC is the hardest fight in the franchise, so I have that to look forward to I guess! :v:

• Locked thread