Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Aurubin posted:

I'm slow, somebody explain :thejoke:

A tragic loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Aurubin posted:

I'm slow, somebody explain :thejoke:

Being slow and missing the reference is definitely not a joke, and I have no intention of making light of it. And it can be a tough and emotional thing for goons to go through, speaking from personal experience. And I know that it's often much harder on D&D than on PYF. However, I also know that it won't necessarily turn Aurubin into a sad, depressed sack of tears for the rest of Aurubin's life. People can move past it, and heal.

edit: expanded my point.

alpha_destroy fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 15, 2015

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Took me a minute, but my loving God.

I must be a loving idiot, cos I still don't get it.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Winkie01 posted:

I must be a loving idiot, cos I still don't get it.

Is it goatse? I mean, that one in the lower left...

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Brannock posted:

A tragic loss.

Now I get it! Oh dear that's good.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
Okay this is taking to long it's this meme

now back to why pregnant women don't deserve medical insurance or whatever

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

alpha_destroy posted:

Being slow and missing the joke can be traumatic. However, I know it will not turn you into a sad sack Aurubin. You can move past it, and heal.
Dealing with a missed joke can often be much harder on the joke's recipient than it is on the joke teller.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
If you're not watching the concert at the White House I linked to earlier, you're missing out. It's really good.

Worth it for the crowd reaction shots featuring Levar Burton alone.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

A Republican Congress is definitely not a joke, and I have no intention of making light of it. And it can be a tough and emotional thing for countries to go through, speaking from personal experience. And I know that it's often much harder on the women than on the men. However, I also know that it doesn't necessarily turn you into a sad, depressed sack of tears for the rest of your life. People can move past it, and heal.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Jagchosis posted:

I don't even know what this meme is.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
This in joke is really well and I want out.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Garrand posted:

A Republican Congress is definitely not a joke, and I have no intention of making light of it. And it can be a tough and emotional thing for countries to go through, speaking from personal experience. And I know that it's often much harder on the women than on the men. However, I also know that it doesn't necessarily turn you into a sad, depressed sack of tears for the rest of your life. People can move past it, and heal.

:golfclap: This is the post that finally lives up to Wax Dynasty's edit. In my mind, this whole derail has now been made worth it.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Aurubin posted:

Behold!

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Joementum's not wrong by the way. Lyle Lovett just showed up!

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Joementum posted:

All war is a crime. Hope this helps.

b--but my hegemony through military strength :qq:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Aurubin posted:

Just a reference to when the internet poo poo itself over a comedy webcomic that tried to be Serious & Emotional one time.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
If all war is crime, Joementum, how come it is a legitimate path to victory in civilization?

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Quidam Viator posted:

No, I left last time when someone asked me to, out of courtesy. I did formally post a toxx if anyone can convince me of a better way to undo the total dominance of the American Right in a better way than accelerationism, but nobody's taken me up on that one.

Would you like me to leave again?

I like you QV, your posting is inflammatory (good) and good (also good).

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Somebody recommend good webcomics. I'm looking for insight and laughs on a weekly/bi-weekly basis.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Ultra Carp

Aurubin posted:

Somebody recommend good webcomics. I'm looking for insight and laughs on a weekly/bi-weekly basis.

Paranatural's pretty good, it's about kids fighting ghosts.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Aurubin posted:

Anything resembling a 4 panel comic will be a reference to the CAD miscarriage comic.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Bizarro Watt
May 30, 2010

My responsibility is to follow the Scriptures which call upon us to occupy the land until Jesus returns.

Jagchosis posted:

Holy hell is that dumb.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Mitt Romney posted:

So the Iran deal has 0% chance of being approved of by congress correct?

Yeah but they haven't approved most deals, and they are still in effect

you are the wind beneath my wings

Garrand posted:

:allears:

Acebuckeye13 posted:

this. Also, Gunnerkrieg Court. Or go down to the good webcomics thread in BSS

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The Senate just ended our 13 year doc fix nightmare. So, congrats healthcare policy wonks, you won't have to write about that next year.

Cruz, Lee, Purdue, Sasse, Scott, Sessions, and Shelby voted no.

bradburypancakes
Sep 9, 2014

hmm. hmmmmmmmm

Joementum posted:

Cruz, Lee, Purdue, Sasse, Scott, Sessions, and Shelby voted no.

Cruz has only ever voted yes on two things, right?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

bradburypancakes posted:

Cruz has only ever voted yes on two things, right?

He's voted "yes" on a bunch of things, but only two bills that he's authored have passed the Senate: a bill banning the Iranian ambassador from entering the US and one authorizing a reward for information on the abduction of an American abroad.

bradburypancakes
Sep 9, 2014

hmm. hmmmmmmmm
Thanks, that's it!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Joementum posted:

He's voted "yes" on a bunch of things, but only two bills that he's authored have passed the Senate: a bill banning the Iranian ambassador from entering the US and one authorizing a reward for information on the abduction of an American abroad.

Did anyone tell him the first one is unconstitutional?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

Did anyone tell him the first one is unconstitutional?

I reckon it would require it to have a hope in hell of going near anything important, and considering who's in the driver's seat, that's not happening. Otherwise I'm sure constitutional scholars treat Cruz like everyone treats their crazy Tea Party uncle.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Warmachine posted:

Otherwise I'm sure constitutional scholars treat Cruz like everyone treats their crazy Tea Party uncle.

....they keep their kids away from him?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Quidam Viator posted:

Oh come now, back when I had money, I contributed a few hundred dollars to the 2008 Obama campaign. I knocked doors, ran meetings, phonebanked, distributed yard signs. Was real excited to do more OFA events after he was elected, but WELP...

No, it looks like you're the only worthless cipher here, you copypasta-posting douchecanoe.

A few hundred to a Presidential campaign isn't stakeholdership in democracy, its a big "gently caress you."

Yard signs don't vote, QV, just like highschoolers and youth don't vote. Money votes, and brother, a few hundred is nothing. Give it to someone who could use it, like your local state rep candidate. Maybe your few hundred would get you access with them; to a Presidential candidate, anything less than a doublemax is worth nothing.

Joementum posted:

All war is a crime. Hope this helps.

To the victors go the judges, juries, and executioners. It's only a crime if you wage war contrary to America's national interests.

My Imaginary GF fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Apr 15, 2015

Pixelboy
Sep 13, 2005

Now, I know what you're thinking...

My Imaginary GF posted:

Because we missed the window of pre-MAD opportunity to take down the entire terrorist training camp then known as the Soviet Union.

And yeah, 9/11 was the result of missing a terrorist training camp. Specifically, the one in Florida which trained the hijackers. Had we been less fearful of politically incorrect profiling of KSA nationals learning to fly jetliners in America, we could have avoided that whole Afghan excursion and focused on the true rogue state of the world, Iran.

As more of a casual follower of the thread, I'd considered just blocking most of your inane posts, but this... this is just so precious I'm happy I haven't.

Shine on....

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Evil_Greven posted:

Probation. It seems like the Victim Impact Statement was intended to convince the judge of a harsher sentence.

Given the judge is black, I don' t think they thought things through.

The judge was universally condemned by experts so I don't know why you are implying he was in the right. It's absolutely something that should be in a victim impact statement.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Uhhhhhhh https://twitter.com/Senate_GOPs/status/588136714352340993?hc_location=ufi

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

The responses are awesome.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Pixelboy posted:

As more of a casual follower of the thread, I'd considered just blocking most of your inane posts, but this... this is just so precious I'm happy I haven't.

Shine on....

You have to admit, if we had destoryed the Soviet Union before they invaded afghanistan we might not have bothered with arming the mujahadeen.

:v:

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Well I suppose it was only a matter of time before they disavowed Lincoln.

The man confiscated property and suspended habeas corpus, two things even Obama has not dared yet to do (but we know he will!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

The Oval Office simulator

• Locked thread