Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Chantilly Say posted:

Because remember, the blimp company has a rule that you have to switch out your ammo for non-armor-piercing safety ammo before you get on board.

And if you dont agree to that you can use a different death blimp company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Grey Fox posted:

If you don't get it, I will.

edit: oh screw it, I'm jumping on board regardless. everyone needs Aqua Buddha in his/her life

Someone needs to do what some anonymous BSS poster keeps doing and just buy the same avatar for everyone (like they did with Hard Hat Spidey, explaining my current avatar...). Aqua Buddha for all.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Someone needs to do what some anonymous BSS poster keeps doing and just buy the same avatar for everyone (like they did with Hard Hat Spidey, explaining my current avatar...). Aqua Buddha for all.

What are you doing in the Hillary thread? Go get your Star Wars game finally completed! :mad:

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

So of the remaining serious Republican mulling candidacies, we've got the three governors and Jeb Bush. Any idea which of them will blink first? I say Jindal.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

You stand at a precipice. You can either cease this line of inquiry and back away now, or hurl yourself down into the howling void of insane libertarian stupidity.

hurl yourself headfirst into it do it

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jindal isn't announcing until the Louisiana legislative session ends in June.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

sniper4625 posted:

A reminder that the author of that comic also wrote a series of Star Wars novels featuring Lando Calrissian.

In which, if I recall right, Lando dumped a whole load of toxic waste on a planet for daring to have trade tariffs.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Aurubin posted:

So of the remaining serious Republican mulling candidacies, we've got the three governors and Jeb Bush. Any idea which of them will blink first? I say Jindal.

I assume the 3 governors are Jindal, Perry, and Christie?

If he enters I can see Kaisch being the darling of the Very Serious Bipartisan People crowd, but I don't see him making any headway unless something took out Rubio, Walker, and Bush.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

I can't understand why Jindal would run for president. Even to seed a 2020 run he'll never make it through... anything.

I don't even really get why Rubio is running, being Latino is not good enough when Jeb is already Latino. I suppose he could more legitimately be preparing for 2020 but I don't see Rubio surviving anything.

Did everyone write a book or something.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Nietzschean posted:

What are you doing in the Hillary thread? Go get your Star Wars game finally completed! :mad:

Open a gaming store somewhere where all the players can get to! :mad:

(I miss that game so much)

Bizarro Watt
May 30, 2010

My responsibility is to follow the Scriptures which call upon us to occupy the land until Jesus returns.

messagemode1 posted:

I can't understand why Jindal would run for president. Even to seed a 2020 run he'll never make it through... anything.

I don't even really get why Rubio is running, being Latino is not good enough when Jeb is already Latino. I suppose he could more legitimately be preparing for 2020 but I don't see Rubio surviving anything.

Did everyone write a book or something.

I can't see how Jindal would find a 2020 run conceivable. From what I understand, he's better off giving it what he has now because by the time 2020 he'll have left his state an even bigger hellhole than it currently is, and it'll be obvious to basically everyone.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Game in the basement like God and Gary intended.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Game in the basement like God and Gary intended.

The only guy that actually has a basement refuses to allow one of the other players - who is, admittedly, not exactly the most stable or hygenic of folks, though the last time I saw him he was on new meds and they seemed to help - in his house.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

With the weird ability to have cross over appeal and after reading his almost centrist "entitlement reform", could Christie decide to switch to the Democratic party for the nomination? Have deadlines passed that would stop him (FEC)?

Sadly enough, I honestly think that Christie would have a better shot winning the nomination against by leaving the circus of the RNC behind. He would also probably be the best contender to take on Hillary (name recognition and a party switch could open him up to "changing his viewpoint")

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So which Obama is going to show up for Hillary '16? Will it be some magic fusion of Campaign and Trollbama?

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

With the weird ability to have cross over appeal and after reading his almost centrist "entitlement reform", could Christie decide to switch to the Democratic party for the nomination? Have deadlines passed that would stop him (FEC)?

Sadly enough, I honestly think that Christie would have a better shot winning the nomination against by leaving the circus of the RNC behind. He would also probably be the best contender to take on Hillary (name recognition and a party switch could open him up to "changing his viewpoint")

We can only hope that his advisers actually believe this. Christie trying to get the Democratic nomination could possibly be even more hilarious than the antics of the GOP clown car.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the biggest advantage christie has nationally is he could turn nj

so running dem would kind of uh, nullify that since its a guarantee at that point

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

No, he couldn't.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

No we hate him too.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Syjefroi posted:

This whole thing is amazing, I'd love to see more! Just on this panel alone you've got angry black man with a wrinkled suit vs Rand the Hero with, I guess, a latex suit. Amazing contrast.

Check the ghost of ronpaul wafting from the capitol dome.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
I've been saying for a while that Christie would sink like a EXCEPTION: %N_FAT_JOKE NOT FOUND on the campaign trail as he's fatally abrasive and no one enjoys being called a cocksucker by some out of state windbag

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Gyges posted:

So which Obama is going to show up for Hillary '16? Will it be some magic fusion of Campaign and Trollbama?

Give-no-fucks-I'm-livin'-in-the-Magnum-House Obama

Almost wouldn't surprise me if he just peaced out and we never saw him again

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

Nintendo Kid posted:

No, he couldn't.

Politics isn't about what's true, it's about what you can convince donors and/or voters is true.

messagemode1 posted:

Bizarro Watt posted:

I can't see how Jindal would find a 2020 run conceivable. From what I understand, he's better off giving it what he has now because by the time 2020 he'll have left his state an even bigger hellhole than it currently is, and it'll be obvious to basically everyone.

Politics isn't about realism, it's about what egomaniacs can delude themselves into believing.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

So is this thing about Jeb Bush steering Florida pension funds into his brother's "Pioneer" donations for his 2004 campaign going to become important, or get swept under and forgotten?

http://www.ibtimes.com/jeb-bushs-administration-steered-florida-pension-money-george-w-bushs-fundraisers-1880592

Blackstone Group: Donated $99,000, received $150 million
Carlyle Group: Donated $69,000, received $275 million
Deutsche Bank: Donated $200,000, received $450 million
Freeman Spogli: Donated $743,000, received $50 million
Goldman Sachs: Donated $1.5 million, received $150 million
Hicks Muse: Donated $189,000, received $25 million
J.P. Morgan Chase: Donated $64,000, received $100 million
Lehman Brothers: Donated $499,000, received $175 million
Morgan Stanley: Donated $1.1 million, received $150 million
Prudential Financial: Donated $406,000, received $100 million
UBS: Donated $147,000, received $100 million

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Is Rubio crazy enough to sink himself in Florida by not supporting the end of the Cuban embargo?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Jackson Taus posted:

Politics isn't about what's true, it's about what you can convince donors and/or voters is true.

Yeah and Christie can't convince poo poo about gently caress.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Christie running as a Democrat is a Twilight Zone punishment. He would be driven mad by the endless questions over flip flopping and voter trust.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
I'm pretty surprised by Rand's lackluster fundraising numbers so far. He just hit $2 million on his site from what I assume are donations through his website. This is a pretty big contrast from his dad, who might raise $6 million in a single day.

Admittedly, his pace is faster than Ron's 2012 but we're also dealing with a shorter timespan that includes his launch day which makes up about half that sum.

Concerned Citizen fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Apr 15, 2015

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Some 'progressive' lady who is in my area.

Looks like Hilldawg needs to give up. No chance of being elected. :allears:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

VideoTapir posted:

X gon give it to ya

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Joementum posted:

I have to agree with Christie on something: his taste in ice cream. Nobody can resist free cone day!

"A KFC bucket is not a 'cone,' sir."

Dolash posted:

It's going to happen at some point for sure, Republicans don't seem to have the same kind of caution for that as they do the N-word. At the very least one of them will be confronted with a recording of them calling Hillary a bitch in the past and lurch into either a desperate retraction or an off-the-cuff attempt to argue that it's actually okay to call women bitches if they are one.

I wonder how long until some Conservative blogger/youtuber or something of that nature tries to be "clever" by spelling Clinton's last name in all-caps, with purposefully bad kerning, ala the reason comics authors whose work will be lettered in all-caps are discouraged from using the word "FLICK."

Heck, I could even see Fox News doing this, actually.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

So is this thing about Jeb Bush steering Florida pension funds into his brother's "Pioneer" donations for his 2004 campaign going to become important, or get swept under and forgotten?

http://www.ibtimes.com/jeb-bushs-administration-steered-florida-pension-money-george-w-bushs-fundraisers-1880592

Blackstone Group: Donated $99,000, received $150 million
Carlyle Group: Donated $69,000, received $275 million
Deutsche Bank: Donated $200,000, received $450 million
Freeman Spogli: Donated $743,000, received $50 million
Goldman Sachs: Donated $1.5 million, received $150 million
Hicks Muse: Donated $189,000, received $25 million
J.P. Morgan Chase: Donated $64,000, received $100 million
Lehman Brothers: Donated $499,000, received $175 million
Morgan Stanley: Donated $1.1 million, received $150 million
Prudential Financial: Donated $406,000, received $100 million
UBS: Donated $147,000, received $100 million

So uh, this is money laundering, right?

Not in the crafty SuperPACs way, either. Just straight-up money laundering?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Deep Hurting posted:

So uh, this is money laundering, right?

Not in the crafty SuperPACs way, either. Just straight-up money laundering?

No.

They gave to W's fundraising efforts, and in return Jeb gave them pension business. That is not money laundering.

That is bribery.

Series DD Funding
Nov 25, 2014

by exmarx
Assuming you can prove the "in return" part.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Nessus posted:

No we hate him too.

i live here.

i said "could".

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Series DD Funding posted:

Assuming you can prove the "in return" part.

I'm literally going to die laughing if there's proof of that in that giant dump of emails Jeb released.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

sbaldrick posted:

Is Rubio crazy enough to sink himself in Florida by not supporting the end of the Cuban embargo?

Have all the single-issue voters chased out in 1959 that moved to Miami died yet?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Luigi Thirty posted:

Have all the single-issue voters chased out in 1959 that moved to Miami died yet?

No but they sure as poo poo aren't passing their rojophobia on to their kids.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
edit, nm

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Speaking of Cuba, here's Jeb Bush on the issue:

quote:

"We're not a step closer to freedom in Cuba because of the steps the president is taking," he told reporters after a speech before the annual meeting of the Ohio Chamber of Commerce.

Asked whether the next president should put Cuba back on the terror list, Bush said: "I don’t know, I’d have to see, I don’t even know what the status will be at that time."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prosopagnosiac
May 19, 2007

One of us! One of us! Aqua Buddha! Aqua Buddha! One of us!

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I'm way ahead of you.

• Locked thread