Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Jaguars sounded like such a cool helmet concept, and then they apparently gave up on the concept of color fade and just put a seam on the drat thing.

Bills were a major upgrade across the board though, even with losing the red helmets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

football fuckerman posted:

Bills, Jaguars except the helmet, Bucs except the number font

On the other hand, those were all fixes of mediocre to bad jerseys. This was one of the best jerseys in the NFL, now it's in the bottom third or so

The Nike version of the Vikings uniforms are great, I thought that was a universal success. They took away a lot of the unnecessary fluff and made it look real good.

Honestly I kind of dislike these the more I look at them. The white jerseys are good, and the Orange ones actually kinda work for me, but the new home Browns uniform is gross. Needs white numbers or at least a full white outline.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
The only comfort I have now is knowing that in March 2016 Haslam will reverse these uniforms and we'll just get an orange drop shadow added to the white numbers on brown jerseys

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
ugh these new jerseys are just making me really sad. hopefully they look so different on TV that i can just accept this is a different team and go root for the Colts or something. i might sound like a baby right now but i'm not even kidding, this is just depressing and i think my mom will understand

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

I like everything but the Browns on the leg. the fist thing my friend said when she saw them was they look like chick pants with the writing.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
owned...owned by a girl...

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
They had no reason to change to those bad jerseys. The reason anyone looked down on the previous jerseys was the color scheme(love it personally), not the design.

Browns were up there with GB, PIT, CHI, OAK, and IND as teams with classic looks you don't need to touch

Bucs still have the worst jerseys in football.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

schweens posted:

Browns were up there with GB, PIT, CHI, OAK, and IND as teams with classic looks you don't need to touch

i will stab this mentality out of your brain

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Alouicious posted:

Those jerseys all rule, stupid. No need to change them unless we reach a point where they look completely outdated

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

schweens posted:

They had no reason to change to those bad jerseys. The reason anyone looked down on the previous jerseys was the color scheme(love it personally), not the design.

Bucs still have the worst jerseys in football.

yep, all of this

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

I'm fine with whatever as long as they never touch the helmet. During the late 70s to 1980 the NFL went through a boring period where everyone had the same jersey just in different colors. At least we didn't get a stupid gun metal grey uniform like some people were calling for.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
indy and chicago have boring as gently caress jerseys and i have no idea why anyone likes them, but it's probably the same people that think penn state have good jerseys and that oregon's are dumb

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

SA2K posted:

indy and chicago have boring as gently caress jerseys and i have no idea why anyone likes them, but it's probably the same people that think penn state have good jerseys and that oregon's are dumb

I can't speak for the rest of people who like chicago and indy's jerseys but I've always thought penn states jerseys were overrated and oregon has incredible uniforms. Oregon's might be the best because they've found a design that works with a billion different color combinations

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

literally the only good "classic" uniform in existence is Georgia Southerns and that's only good because it has a backstory

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Alouicious posted:

i know you're just upset the panthers got lost in the shuffle of looking 90s as gently caress for 20 years now but most of these nike redesigns suck out loud and will look absurd in 10 years.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Put white numbers back on the brown jerseys and maybe they'll be kinda ok, otherwise nope no thanks bye

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Alouicious posted:

Bears, Steelers and Raiders actually do look really good.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Alouicious posted:

literally the only good "classic" uniform in existence is Georgia Southerns and that's only good because it has a backstory

The Raiders uniforms are the only good thing about that team

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Febreeze posted:

I'm not jealous of the attention he's getting, I just find his work uninspiring. I was also just commenting on the current trend that seems to pop up. It was re-doing logos for a couple years there but lately we've been getting these re-done helmets instead (These, the ones from two days ago, and the Star Wars ones from a few months ago that were actually really good)

lol you are straight up jealous

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

People have been doing concept helmets for years now. I see em posted on deadspin all the time.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SA2K posted:

The Raiders uniforms are the only good thing about that team

okay i take it back Raiders jerseys own but that's because the black and silver look works really well, still standby everything else i said

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
I kinda want to make a google form poll thing to see what home uniforms, away uniforms and helmets TFF likes the most and rank them.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

JRizzle posted:

I kinda want to make a google form poll thing to see what home uniforms, away uniforms and helmets TFF likes the most and rank them.

do it

it'll tear us apart

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

JRizzle posted:

do it

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Ban anyone that puts the Bengals helmet as their favorite

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

nerve posted:

Ban anyone that puts the Bengals helmet as their favorite

I guess maybe it's behind the Rams but that's it

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
I'm in the process of doing it now. Should I somehow find a way to let people rank them 1-32 and tally that way or just let people vote for their favorite? I'm kind of more interested in the order from best to worst people think, but Google Forms doesn't let you do that, as far as I know.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

JRizzle posted:

I'm in the process of doing it now. Should I somehow find a way to let people rank them 1-32 and tally that way or just let people vote for their favorite? I'm kind of more interested in the order from best to worst people think, but Google Forms doesn't let you do that, as far as I know.

I'd vote for ranking 1-32, I'm curious what the general top 5 is and the bottom 5, not really which singular uniform/etc gets the top spot.
If there isn't a way to do that maybe we could find a way to set up a spreadsheet and have people send someone the votes, kind of like the sheep game last season

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Whipped one up in a few minutes.
https://www.playbuzz.com/chichechichers10/which-football-jersey-are-you

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

why aren't the answers to the alex smith question showing up?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

lol

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

why cant i kill gronk

is he immortal

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Metapod posted:

why aren't the answers to the alex smith question showing up?

They are images that come up just below it, instead of individual answers.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

why cant i kill gronk

is he immortal

tbh if you feel the need to do that then I don't want you taking my quiz

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Febreeze posted:

I'd vote for ranking 1-32, I'm curious what the general top 5 is and the bottom 5, not really which singular uniform/etc gets the top spot.
If there isn't a way to do that maybe we could find a way to set up a spreadsheet and have people send someone the votes, kind of like the sheep game last season

I'll look around on Google Docs or Forms and see if there's an easy way to do that.

e: I found a way. I'll have a link in a little while

the mean lunch lady fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Apr 16, 2015

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

this votes rigged goddamnit

but you're alright chiche

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

What are the best uniforms in each team's history

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Here you go, the poll to end all polls:

http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/ekkkxg/best-nfl-uniforms

The imgur links next to each question is every teams helmet, home uniform and away uniform. Those took forever to find and was somehow much harder than you'd think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

SA2K posted:

What are the best uniforms in each team's history

Millen-era black alternates obviously

• Locked thread