Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

I love the CW so much right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Aphrodite posted:

Bring back Helena and do the fighting pit episode from JLU.

(And kill her at the end.)

Yeah, I was about to say, Superhero Fight Club is an actual thing in the DC universe

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Its all leading to Convergence

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Martout posted:

You'll want Cosnett and Ramsey in that lineup too.

Melissa Benoist too.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

VDay posted:

Ray is still the best. :allears:

Ray's presence on this show has basically confirmed that choosing Routh for someone as stoic and whitebread as Superman is probably one of the worst casting decisions ever made.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JohnSherman posted:

Ray's presence on this show has basically confirmed that choosing Routh for someone as stoic and whitebread as Superman is probably one of the worst casting decisions ever made.

He was cast entirely because he looked so much like Reeve, Singer's even admitted as much.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

JohnSherman posted:

Like Channing Tatum, Hollywood tends to not notice when really handsome people are funny.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Superman Returns is two hours of Singer's masturbation fantasies on screen.

Jeez, that statement gets worse every year.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
Now i'm disappointed Super Fight Club isn't a real thing on TV.

Routh lights up the screen everytime he's on it with his energy, its amazing to think given the superman movie that he really could have been a fun bumbling clark kent.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Did they explain why one of Routh's eyes was bloodshot as gently caress in the last episode?

I've just binge watched Season 3 in 2 days, and I don't understand the hate. The drama is a bit over the top though.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

TLG James posted:

I've just binge watched Season 3 in 2 days, and I don't understand the hate. The drama is a bit over the top though.

It basically comes down to:
Lack of a true big-bad for the season.
The remedy for being stabbed in the kidney, chest, and being kicked off a mountain turns out to be the same remedy for treating the flu - tea and bed rest.
Felicity's transformation from proto-Cisco to a perpetually crying tumblr stand-in.
Marginalizing Diggle and Roy.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Wasn't there a recent interview where the next season wouldn't have a big bad?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No. In fact they announced the name of next season's.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
Days Without Injury: 0

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

No. In fact they announced the name of next season's.

Whozat?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

"Damian Dark'. It's an existing comics character but they're using a cover name for now. A very dumb one.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

"Damian Dark'. It's an existing comics character but they're using a cover name for now. A very dumb one.

Isn't that the rear end in a top hat kid with magic devil powers

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not sure who you're thinking of.

There's a mostly insignificant character called Damian Darhk associated with HIVE, but it could be a red herring.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Isn't that the rear end in a top hat kid with magic devil powers

You mean Damion Hellstrom? He's marvel.

Oooh maybe it's Klarion.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

TyrantWD posted:

The remedy for being stabbed in the kidney, chest, and being kicked off a mountain turns out to be the same remedy for treating the flu - tea and bed rest.

Tea brewed with lazarus pit water.

Felicity has been a bit ridiculous though, I'll agree. I also don't get the point of oliver going to the island for like one week to "train" except it was with his Sister. It made no sense.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Daredevil would never give us this, Arrow wins.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

The only thing this is missing is a scene of Oliver telling Diggle he's not allowed to come upstairs until he puts a mask on.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

hcreight posted:

The only thing this is missing is a scene of Oliver telling Diggle he's not allowed to come upstairs until he puts a mask on.

The mask IS black driver.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Oh my goodness someone went and filmed a live action video game. :allears:

The bad news is that it chewed up the budget for effects the rest of season, they'll be using bionic man style slowdowns for Flash from now on :smith:

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.

Today is a good day. :allears:

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again

TLG James posted:

Did they explain why one of Routh's eyes was bloodshot as gently caress in the last episode?

That is just something with Routh I noticed it on Chuck before and it's one of those things you can't unsee.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

zoux posted:

You mean Damion Hellstrom? He's marvel.

Oooh maybe it's Klarion.

Yeah, that's exactly who I was thinking of. He looks like a loving Damien, at least

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

David Ramsey said next season one of the big storylines was going to be H.I.V.E. and the actual comic character with the name Damien Dark is part of that so it's possible it's not just a cover name.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rhyno posted:

He was cast entirely because he looked so much like Reeve, Singer's even admitted as much.

He's actually the best part of that movie. Closely followed by Parker Posey and the few minutes where Spacey's allowed to be a version of Lex that isn't Singer trying to take the comedy Gene Hackman version seriously.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gaz-L posted:

He's actually the best part of that movie. Closely followed by Parker Posey and the few minutes where Spacey's allowed to be a version of Lex that isn't Singer trying to take the comedy Gene Hackman version seriously.

I'm a huge fan of Routh and was super loving pumped when he was cast as Palmer but he was put in the terrible position of being told to be Christopher Reeve first and Clark/Kal second.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Finally caught up with this and Flash and I honestly love Flash a lot more, even through I still like Arrow a lot. That said, I thinking it might be time for Captain Lance to die since it feeling like his character is just trending water at this point. And with Sara dead, there just not a whole lot with him to do except yell at Laurel and yell at Arrow while ignoring that whole 'has a medical condition' from earlier in the season.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Rirse posted:

Finally caught up with this and Flash and I honestly love Flash a lot more, even through I still like Arrow a lot. That said, I thinking it might be time for Captain Lance to die since it feeling like his character is just trending water at this point. And with Sara dead, there just not a whole lot with him to do except yell at Laurel and yell at Arrow while ignoring that whole 'has a medical condition' from earlier in the season.

Yeah, I hate that they are ignoring that, since it was supposed to be a major character development arc. It's really confusing to see him running around and even fighting since he isn't supposed to be able to do that without getting hospitalized basically.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

enraged_camel posted:

Yeah, I hate that they are ignoring that, since it was supposed to be a major character development arc. It's really confusing to see him running around and even fighting since he isn't supposed to be able to do that without getting hospitalized basically.

Exactly. I was figuring instead of Roy appearing as the Arrow at the end of the episode he would just have a heart attack instead.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

His illness was literally the only reason Laurel decided not to tell him about Sarah which has caused all this angst - she thought that telling him would make his heart stop which was loving stupid. I don't think anyone other than Laurel stated that he was that ill.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Mr Beens posted:

His illness was literally the only reason Laurel decided not to tell him about Sarah which has caused all this angst - she thought that telling him would make his heart stop which was loving stupid. I don't think anyone other than Laurel stated that he was that ill.

Though, that wasn't ACTUALLY why. She rationalized it by saying the news would stop his heart, but I think it was clear that Laurel didn't want to have to explain it because that made it real.

Laurel's emotional arc this season has been partly about embracing revenge and violence as a means of controlling her powerlessness. Mourning Sara is yet another emotion she can't control, and she wanted to delay it as long as possible.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is the episode where Laurel gets her Canary Cry device supposed to be an Arrow episode or a Flash one?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

This is the best thing. :swoon:

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Rirse posted:

I thought the newest scoop was it was going to be Sara on the newest spinoff.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Is the episode where Laurel gets her Canary Cry device supposed to be an Arrow episode or a Flash one?

Flash, I think, as the scene where she outs herself to Cisco is mainly shown in the Flash trailers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So she could have it by next week's Arrow then, since I think it's the next Flash episode with them going to Starling.

• Locked thread