Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The homing is worthless, but otherwise the buzzlok is just one of the many strictly average rifles in the game. That is, good enough with a potato for most content but not exceptional in any way. I like the tracer rounds, though!

However, it is most definitely not a sniper rifle, as you can't actually do damage while zoomed in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Hey guys, got another 75% off coupon in case anyone wants to use it.

You know the drill:

1) Add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Azran

2) Select the amount of plat you want to buy:
* 4300 = $66
* 2100 = $36
* 1000 = $18,50
* 370 = $7,50
* 170 = $5

3) Send the money to my Paypal account

4) Get into Warframe and I'll trade you your spacebucks. Remember you need 500 credits to pay for every plat unit!

So you will need 2,200,000 cr to pay for 4300p, one million to pay for 2100, etc etc. I can hold onto the plat till you have the cash if you so desire.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Vauban systems alert, 6 minutes left. Get on if you need it,

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Thor-Stryker posted:

They should just give sniper rifles 'smart bullets'

Or steerable bullets - 90 degree angles even. Shoot slowly from cover.

gaj70 fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Apr 15, 2015

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

They should just give them a weapon class crit chance and damage mod for headshots. Like x5 or something ludicrous. If you want to use a weapon without innate punch through or high damage or lots of bullets or a guaranteed crit on a body shot, why not guarantee a huge number on a headshot?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

An arrow flying through the air carrying a head with it is its own reward.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

SynthOrange posted:

An arrow flying through the air carrying a head with it is its own reward.

Well yeah that's why you need to make sniper rifles do massive numbers to make up for it.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I just started playing again recently and saw that someone said the Latron Prime is no longer acquirable. I got the blue prints for it a few days ago though so do the pieces for it just no longer drop? I think I heard something about the Paris Prime being in a similar situation. Is this true? Why take these weapons out of the game if so?

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

FunkyFjord posted:

I just started playing again recently and saw that someone said the Latron Prime is no longer acquirable. I got the blue prints for it a few days ago though so do the pieces for it just no longer drop? I think I heard something about the Paris Prime being in a similar situation. Is this true? Why take these weapons out of the game if so?

Frost Prime, Latron Prime and Reaper Prime have been placed into the Disney Vault because DE is trying to keep the void tables from getting too bloated. Apparently the Latron Prime BP was unintentionally dropping from reinforced void containers a couple hotfixes ago.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

As long as I can still snag Paris Prime.

Are those drops gone forever?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I feel like Warframe would benefit from less direct control over the gunplay to emphasize cool space ninjas more.

But that'd require a complete redesign of current combat and would probably need actual planning.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

FunkyFjord posted:

You can still snag Latron Prime parts from folks who still have the parts/blueprints sitting around, but that's an inherently limited supply at this point.

But no, they're likely not gone forever. Either they'll figure out somewhere else to shove that stuff after they do whatever they're gonna do with the system map/void rework, or they'll bring it out during some event or other.

landofcake
May 7, 2009

CANNONBALL TAFFY O' JONES!!!

FunkyFjord posted:

I'm pretty sure Paris Prime still drops doesn't it?

If not, I've got most of the parts for one that you can have (I've already got one).

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Paris Prime still drops, don't worry; it was Latron Prime that got sent to :airquote: The Vault :airquote:

landofcake
May 7, 2009

Speaking of which, if anyone actually has any spare Latron Prime parts I'd love to put it together, happy to throw some plat your way in exchange!

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Hey if you just want to hand me paris prime I wouldn't be opposed at all. Though someone else just handed me orthos prime and I'll need to save at least some space for lesser weapons to rank up.

landofcake
May 7, 2009

FunkyFjord posted:

Hey if you just want to hand me paris prime I wouldn't be opposed at all. Though someone else just handed me orthos prime and I'll need to save at least some space for lesser weapons to rank up.

Sure, you can have whatever spare parts I've got, just poke me when I'm online.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.
Wasted hours hunting the G3, got them in the first few runs of an invasion today. Now I just need five more ocells for the Brakk :v:

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Caffeine IV posted:

Wasted hours hunting the G3, got them in the first few runs of an invasion today. Now I just need five more ocells for the Brakk :v:

I hate you.

That is all.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
If we're talking trading, I'm Meckell in game, and here's what I have, I'll be hanging around in dojo and clanchat for a while.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Anyone willing to cut me a deal on Buzzkill + Fanged Fusillade?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I still have two 75% off coupons up for sale, boyos! I just sold two others :toot:

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Looking for Vampire Leech. Watlok in-game. I still need 2x ankyros prime blade, and most of the odonata/volt prime stuff too. I have plat and steel meridian/red veil stuff right now. Might have extra corrupted or other mods too. No r10s or anything.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
It was me I bought one of Azran's coupons! Super fast delivery, A+ would buy space moneys again

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Meckell hooked me up with reaper prime and paris prime parts and I am very happy! Thank you, Meckell/Fish Noise! :3:

Hamsalad
May 28, 2007
i am torgo
Applied to goon clan, this game is pretty confusing in the beginning!

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Hamsalad posted:

Applied to goon clan, this game is pretty confusing in the beginning!

Just remember, go fast! If you stop to shoot dudes, they won't stop spawning. You need to run past them while you kill as many as possible. Remember, unless you're in an Extermination mission, the point is to do the objective, not to clear the levels.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
ha ha do not listen to this man
There is no mission. There is only slaughter :unsmigghh:

but for real, yeah, focus on the objectives over your k/d ratio

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Malachite_Dragon posted:

ha ha do not listen to this man
There is no mission. There is only slaughter :unsmigghh:

but for real, yeah, focus on the objectives over your k/d ratio

Think of it this way: the faster you run, the more enemies you spawn for later slaughter on your way to the glowy green dot on the map

also

press m when you're in a mission

Passburger
May 4, 2013

Caffeine IV posted:

If you really really want the grustrag, you should gather some goons and do a raid. They will always show up at the end of the 2nd part of the raid mission, the one that resembles thetras doom. That's where I got their sigil too, apparently they are dropping sigils much easier.

Passburger fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Apr 16, 2015

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Whats the best non raid way to farm g3? Invasion missions?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Flipswitch posted:

Whats the best non raid way to farm g3? Invasion missions?

Get marked by supporting corpus in invasions/incursions, then do grineer infinite missions with 3 other marked folks

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
Gamersgate has all the dlc packs at 66% off again if you missed out the last few times.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

Merrill Grinch posted:

Gamersgate has all the dlc packs at 66% off again if you missed out the last few times.

I grabbed this but signing up for their website was really buggy and they flagged my order immediately so now I don't have my poo poo. No A+ here.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Trykt posted:

I grabbed this but signing up for their website was really buggy and they flagged my order immediately so now I don't have my poo poo. No A+ here.

Yeah I got slapped with a "manual review" too. I guess signing up and then immediately buying something is suspicious, on a website that exists to sell things to people who sign up.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
Gamersgate is legit and have been around for quite a while. I believe it was originally Paradox's (Crusader Kings, etc) storefront and was the place to go to get your terrible Eastern-European RPG's ten years ago. I bet it will turn out ok.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Dunno if that's been reported, but there's an Orokin Catalyst vs Reactor invasion on Uranus, right now.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

It's been going since yesterday. Normally when a potato invasion shows up they clear pretty quick, but since the reward on either side is of more or less equal value it's taking a while (estimated ~19 hours before it finishes).

Janana
May 17, 2009

Diamondbacks Baseball: Injuries and Futility R Us
PS4 now has the Phoenix Intercept mission.

That is a lovely fun mess and I really like Tempo Royale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

So, tried out the new Perpetual Vortex mod for the Vauban.

When you toss a Vortex (perfectly) on top of another Vortex, it adds 70% of the abilities duration to the Vortex. So, with my 30s Vortexes, I get an addition 21 seconds for each one I add. But this only works if you land it almost directly on top, so its quite easy to accidently waste it.

Its also really inefficient compared to just tossing down a new one, since you just throw a new one down at about 1-2s left. Its kinda fun to dump your whole energy bar and get a 160s Vortex, but its really not worth it. If they went the other route and gave 110% or 120% duration for added Vortexes, it'd give an incentive to stack them - but as of now, its pretty much just worthless.