Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

pc gamers are retarded

At failing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

if the OP is talking about pc gamers based on what he's seen in Games, i think 80% is too low

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I don't think my GPU can handle this thread. What should I upgrade to so my computer can run all the good imp zone memes?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Y-Hat posted:

if the OP is talking about pc gamers based on what he's seen in Games, i think 80% is too low

He's talking about imp zone so its p accurate.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Kylra posted:

I don't think my GPU can handle this thread. What should I upgrade to so my computer can run all the good imp zone memes?

titan x.

Make sure to get dual gigabit lan and have two separate internet connections.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

elf help book posted:

in the 3ds thread theres crazy people complaining that xenoblade for 3ds doesnt look as good as running the wii game in dolphin emulator with a million mods on

lol

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

He's talking about imp zone so its p accurate.
not even imp zone is immune from the scourge of dumb people

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

SeXReX posted:

titan x.

Make sure to get dual gigabit lan and have two separate internet connections.
I already have a dedicated parachute-1 line.

Maybe I should SLI though? Double your pleasure, double your memes.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

when a game is fresh and new, i'm spending my time gaming on it, not posting about it. then when i'm done usually people have spent themselves posting about the game and i have nothing new to contribute, so i just post "this game is good, and i enjoyed it, farewell." it's rough, i won't lie.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I post during loading screens

Dec 26, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I post during loading screens

same. also in general while playing slowish games

Sas
Oct 29, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

this is also the reason why all emulation discussions are lovely and full of AIDS ridden homos.

I downloaded Mame and then found myself with HIV soon after I gave a toothy blowjob to a homeless man to pass the time downloading a torrent of every Mame game.

It's true.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Larry Parrish posted:

I am guilty of this, sometimes, but l;ets be honest. EU4 has consumed my whole life.

yeah who needs to worry about your graphics card when your game looks like this

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

yeah who needs to worry about your graphics card when your game looks like this

Ask my friend DICKHEAD, who can;t even play ironman mode because it runs too slow on his 45 year old ocmputer (same age as him, also it is bald like him and fat).

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Ask my friend DICKHEAD, who can;t even play ironman mode because it runs too slow on his 45 year old ocmputer (same age as him, also it is bald like him and fat).

theyll add moon provinces as joke dlc and itll break ironman for everyone

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

elf help book posted:

theyll add moon provinces as joke dlc and itll break ironman for everyone

I literally haven;t played EU4 in months because of extra provinces breaking byz missions and events.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sas posted:

I downloaded Mame and then found myself with HIV soon after I gave a toothy blowjob to a homeless man to pass the time downloading a torrent of every Mame game.

It's true.

Hame game

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

George Castanza

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
I'm going to buy a 970 to play the game at max settings

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
While Im on my fwiggin soap box: people who call game designers and other ppl who make things lazy

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

While Im on my fwiggin soap box: people who call game designers and other ppl who make things lazy

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
guy on a sofa: the way theyve designed and made this game is so lazy

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I feel really really bad for the people in Neogaf, and /v/ and Games who talk about games they hate all the time.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I can't believe that dozens of people wrote hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions, of lines of code in such a lazy way.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Coder: Working these 14 hour days is exhausting, I can't believe we're on this kind of deadline! Can't wait to get home to my 8 cats.

Gamer: ... Whatever.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

I.N.R.I posted:

lol

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Coder: Working these 14 hour days is exhausting, I can't believe we're on this kind of deadline! Can't wait to get home to my 8 cats.

Gamer: ... Whatever.

uhhh thats not how it works at all anymore

you just download unity, tell it what game you want to make and it does the rest for you

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SeXReX posted:

uhhh thats not how it works at all anymore

you just download unity, tell it what game you want to make and it does the rest for you
"Computer, give me... Slenderman!"

"A curious game. The only winning move is not to play."

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

Humphrey Vasel posted:

I'm going to buy a 970 to play the game at max settings

:agreed:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

i like when people do this about professional athletes too

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Game designers of merely bad games (as opposed to cash grabs) do "lazy" things that can be good but don't do them well enough to make it fun to play.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

i like when people do this about professional athletes too

My personal favorite were the people doing this for their lazy delivery drivers during peak season (black Friday through new years)

Yeah that guy who didn't take time to knock and wait for you so that he could finish his route in under twelve hours is lazy.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
A game designer can take as many shortcuts as they like, as long as they know how to make it work.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Game designers of merely bad games (as opposed to cash grabs) do "lazy" things that can be good but don't do them well enough to make it fun to play.

the way i see it is that game designers, even ones that arent the best at it or dont have the most pure intentions, dont have unlimited amounts of money, or the game theyre making isnt gonna be expected to make them millions since it might be some niche thing or whatever. its not really like painting or writing where you can give it everything youve got since a game can possibly bankrupt your studio if it goes wrong, so that probably doesnt allow designers include everything they wanna include just out of love for the medium.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
man i am so freaking preachy today. my bad lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

I.N.R.I posted:

man i am so freaking preachy today. my bad lol

Actually it's good.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

I.N.R.I posted:

the way i see it is that game designers, even ones that arent the best at it or dont have the most pure intentions, dont have unlimited amounts of money, or the game theyre making isnt gonna be expected to make them millions since it might be some niche thing or whatever. its not really like painting or writing where you can give it everything youve got since a game can possibly bankrupt your studio if it goes wrong, so that probably doesnt allow designers include everything they wanna include just out of love for the medium.

I think the best example is procedural generation, which is used in a ton of indie games, often viewed as "lazy game design" but really the bad examples of it like Rogue Legacy or Rogue Shooter the developers just didn't know how to use it effectively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
On the other hand you have Receiver which was a 7 Day FPS I think and used procedural generation because they didn't have the time to hand-design levels, but they knew what they were doing and it ended up good.

• Locked thread