Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

tacodaemon posted:

Also I'm not sure what kind of ranch maintenance Zed can do, given that it's canon that Zed knows nothing of tools and is a danger to himself and others when he tries to use them:

He was looking fairly adept at Leaning on the Fence at the beginning, but it's been a while since he's been seen doing even that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

54.4 crowns posted:

What happens when an unmovable objects meets an unstoppable force?
The unstoppable force either bounces off or blasts a hole straight through the unmovable object, with the force losing none of its momentum and the object not moving from its original position in either circumstance.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

JT Jag posted:

The unstoppable force either bounces off or blasts a hole straight through the unmovable object, with the force losing none of its momentum and the object not moving from its original position in either circumstance.

So, in your answers, either the unmovable object has a non-zero portion of itself which is made of movable matter, or the unstoppable force is allowed to be at effective velocity zero for a non-zero amount of time. Both of these options rely on alteration of the original axioms of the question. It's not 'an unstoppable but freely alterable force' or 'an immovable object with a weak spot.'

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

54.4 crowns posted:

What happens when an unmovable objects meets an unstoppable force?

Everything around the object moves, obviously.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010

Ok I admit it, that was funny.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

If more conservative cartoonists stuck to bawdy uncle jokes, the world would be a less hateful place.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Schnedwob posted:

If more conservative cartoonists stuck to bawdy uncle jokes, the world would be a less hateful place.

On the other hand, Tinsley.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The Australian Shadow Minister for Justice is the Member for Batman.

A division named for Melbournes founder, John Batman.

Somfin posted:

So, in your answers, either the unmovable object has a non-zero portion of itself which is made of movable matter, or the unstoppable force is allowed to be at effective velocity zero for a non-zero amount of time. Both of these options rely on alteration of the original axioms of the question. It's not 'an unstoppable but freely alterable force' or 'an immovable object with a weak spot.'

I smell a new Weathervanes. We''ve been long overdue our first freakout of the year.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Apr 15, 2015

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Bennett shows off his graphic-designer chops:

I'm amazed they're still trying to make a private email server into a Marie Antoinette Indulgent Rich-People Anti-Populist Frivolity, and/or trying to make literally anyone care about it :stare:

How much does Ramirez think it costs to set up an email server? He does know it's literally just a computer with some open-source software installed on it, right? Throw in a pittance for the domain and a week of the IT guy's time to set it up?

P good joke but I gotta wonder who the sucky candidates referenced in panel 2 are supposed to be if not the GOP peanut gallery

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Dr Karl, modern day Julius Sumner Miller (only with loud shirts and a radio show instead of a catch-phrase and an American audience) gets caught shilling for the government.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Not a single mention about cops murdering innocent people yet, there it is:

I carry a phone that doesn't even have service just to record in case another cop tries to kill me. Not that it will even matter because suspended with pay for being filmed murdering someone.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

10/10 Bad Reporter today.

consistently Best In Thread. That middle panel - :swoon:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
So, realistically, how much concern trolling for other Dem candidates should I expect over the next year or so?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014

Iran! Watch out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdctnPIR5kA

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Kismet posted:

Those promises are absolute smoke and mirrors bullshit, and any money the conservatives throw at social/health services invariably ends up going to programs which squeeze out the working class, way overcomplicate support programs to artificially reduce demand, and bring private companies into oversight positions. They are manipulating voters and have no interest whatsoever in serving the demographic these snappy sounding promises are designed to win over.

Even besides the NHS flim-flam that's a really weird response to a batch of cartoons about a thatcherite policy to dismantle the housing-association and drive more renters into the hands of basically unregulated private landlords.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Is there a good primer on UK politics? I don't really have an idea of what it means when the cartoons are making fun of Ed Milliband, or if "Labour Party" necessarily means the Left.

Just ask the UK Megathread, right here in D&D. They're friendly and informative! "Take it easy" is the UKMT motto.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

gradenko_2000 posted:

Is there a good primer on UK politics? I don't really have an idea of what it means when the cartoons are making fun of Ed Milliband, or if "Labour Party" necessarily means the Left.

The Labour Party is center-right, the Tories are hard-right, and then there's the BNP etc etc who are fascist. The ostensibly leftist party in the UK is the Liberal Democrats but they allied with David Cameron so who the gently caress knows anymore

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

corn in the bible posted:

The Labour Party is center-right, the Tories are hard-right, and then there's the BNP etc etc who are fascist. The ostensibly leftist party in the UK is the Liberal Democrats but they allied with David Cameron so who the gently caress knows anymore

So how does that compare to the American parties? Tories = Dems, BNP are horrified by the GOP?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Man, basically ANYBODY would have seemed harsh next to Candidate Obama. Just throwing that out there.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

corn in the bible posted:

This is not true. The Lib Dems are the "the truth is in the middle" party between Tories and Labour.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Nick Clegg is the one centrist leader who and all moderates should vote for as the Tories and Labour go more extreme right and left, according to Nick Clegg.
Seriously, he's saying that. In public!
Labour used to be hard left, but then they lost to Thatcher too often and now you can't really slip a cigarrette paper between them and the Conservatives apart from a loose perception that they're slightly more comfortable with stimulus spending.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Okay so what about the SNP

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Sir Tonk posted:

So, realistically, how much concern trolling for other Dem candidates should I expect over the next year or so?

By whom? Republicans have been for awhile judging from my Facebook feed.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

Lol at the crayon scrawl for Rubio.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
New Bolling

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Mister Beeg posted:

New Bolling

Hell yeah! Take that, nature!!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Monkey Fracas posted:

Lol at the crayon scrawl for Rubio.

The Bush one is really good too.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Not Bolling's best work imo

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Hold your barbs buddy, we ain't even done anything yet!

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Hillary Clinton? More like HilLIEry CLIEnton.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

July 2008
Earliest on Allie's site, national or local.

Ahh yes, Allie's endless cheerleading for the Iraq surge in 2007 and 2008. One of his more insufferable periods among many many.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Why does he hate us? :(

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

PATRIDGE FAMILY

The cartoonist has no idea how marginal income tax works

Unrelated to this cartoon, but lol

Terry Wise posted:

"Hater, bigot, racist, (now) chauvinist," and worse. Names you'll be called by people with an agenda. Remember, these are the real haters, spewing bile to make you doubt your standards, your faith, and your sense of right and wrong. Worse thing?.. It works. When you let it.

How much to you want to bet that Rall yells at fast food workers when they get his order wrong.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

loquacius posted:

That Rand logo isn't that far from the actual thing.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
When was the last time Obama actually smoked? Not that smoking around your kids years ago when they were younger is good and all but this seems petty, shillish, and stup... oh wait it is Branco. Carry on then.

D.N. Nation posted:

That Rand logo isn't that far from the actual thing.

Rand Paul: Lets burn this fucker down!

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Apr 15, 2015

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

...why is the tablet on fire? And labeled twice? If you're not going to use the thing you're drawing, why draw the thing? And why label the statue and put Hillary's face on it? It's like he thinks his audience is full of complete...

nvm, answered my own question.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Rincewinds posted:

Why does he hate us? :(
For our freedom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

World Famous Whore posted:

When was the last time Obama actually smoked? Not that smoking around your kids years ago when they were younger is good and all but this seems petty, shillish, and stup... oh wait it is Branco. Carry on then.

Rand Paul: Lets burn this fucker down!

Obama quit smoking while being President of the United States.

Obama quit smoking while being President of the United States.

• Locked thread