Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Random Nemi, pranking Grimm as usual.

I'll have to see if I can find the clown-pranking ones.

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Why can't you be more like Gunther and his painstakingly researched trip to Peru? Joining your long term boyfriend while he studies in New York is just so loving short sighted and irresponsible. Go somewhere your life skills have prepared you for, somewhere you might have prospects -- like, eg., a remote village that relies on drivers couriering medical supplies in through the mountains. Gunther had a plan, Luann. Grow up already.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bernice definitely doesn't care about Gunther.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Does Nancy get even worse when Gilchrist decides to use the Yoyos? Because last time I was loving enraged about... everything, but him using The Shadow is the first thing that comes to mind. What classic TV is he going to drag through the dirt in this travesty?

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Dustin

Dustin has a seven-year-old C student who has admitted to blackmail and cheating on his school assignments do his taxes because uh...

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

:kamina:

Living in an unfurnished house helps with that.

On the Fastrack

I can't really see that being worth more than like 30 cents a person

Well that would certainly keep your bandwidth usage down.

Safe Havens

"As a mouse, I had no idea mice could be so dirty."

Youu should carry a can of mace, except like, put magic chemicals in it. Turn that guy that keeps following you into a cockroach and step on him.

Midnight Moth fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Apr 15, 2015

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Anytime I start thinking about Safe Havens beyond " huh thats a thing" I just get angry and confused.

The implications of a cat-mouse relationship is just..... It has so many levels!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Johnny Aztec posted:

The implications of a cat-mouse relationship is just..... It has so many levels!
Sort of like a wolf/rabbit relationship? where the "prey" one is actually bigger than the other one? Seems familiar somehow but I can't put my finger on it...

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Johnny Aztec posted:

Anytime I start thinking about Safe Havens beyond " huh thats a thing" I just get angry and confused.

And also neither of them have any experience being human and both should be completely incapable of functioning on any level, that too.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Zippy is pretty good right now.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Every time I try to start reading Brooke's writing, this happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ8Com2fJfY

The effect for me is more like when Daisy Steiner goes for the Flaps interview in Spaced with the circus clown music distracting me from the droning verbiage.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Say Nothing posted:

Random Nemi, pranking Grimm as usual.

I'll have to see if I can find the clown-pranking ones.

Yeah, these are good. I'll spin through all the more recent ones I've collected and see if I can spot any.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Zippy is pretty good right now.

Like with any Zippy, I keep futilely trying to figure out where he's going with this. I like it too, but Mr. Happy is starting to really creep me out. Knowing Griffith, that's got to be a some sort of a logo. I wonder what it is?

Jane's World

Non Sequitur

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Kliban

:stare: What? Why?

9 Chickweed Lane 4/15/2004

Are we sure it's ink? Jesus, Brooke, you're weird.

Zits

Kevin & Kell

This is stupid. The whole drat concept is just ludicrous.

:v: I guess nude Cyan wouldn't have worked.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Like with any Zippy, I keep futilely trying to figure out where he's going with this. I like it too, but Mr. Happy is starting to really creep me out. Knowing Griffith, that's got to be a some sort of a logo. I wonder what it is?

Reminds me in equal parts of Reddy Kilowatt

and Dan Clowes' "Mr. Jones"

I'm sure there are other influences. I can't place the eyes exactly.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

MJ just figured out that this is Peter's byzantine attempt at talking them into a threesome.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Midnight Moth posted:

Dustin

Dustin has a seven-year-old C student who has admitted to blackmail and cheating on his school assignments do his taxes because uh...

Wait, he has a kid to run TurboTax for him? Dustin's taxes can't possibly be that difficult. He probably has a ton of W-2s and maybe some 1099s to enter, but I doubt he has much to deduct beyond student loan interest, and I wouldn't be shocked if that doesn't exceed the standard deduction. This should be more time-consuming than anything.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
The return of John Barrowman Jr.

The Creeps like methadone for your soul.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Intelligent Life

Retail

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

What the gently caress even is this joke and why is it spread out like this. Why. Why

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set goes all out for their anniversary.

Working Daze does a Tax Day joke.

You know what? Let me try something here.

It's a little better, I guess. It's still not a great joke, but at least this way it's not as tedious or repetitious.

e: Wait, I think I can improve it a bit more... (forgive the paint.net skills)

Almost there; I think I see how to finally make this better.

There we go!

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Apr 15, 2015

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Evil Mastermind posted:

It's a little better, I guess. It's still not a great joke, but at least this way it's not as tedious or repetitious.

I stopped by the library last night, so many people were getting their forms printed off by the staff it was madness.

A) Don't leave it to the last minute
B) Paper, really? In 2015? Yes you can, but why would you?

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Wanamingo posted:

Lost Side of Suburbia

I was tickled by the Wegmans shopping bags last week, and now a Buffalo mention? My interest was piqued enough to look him up, and yep, the author's a SUNY grad who now teaches at an elementary school in the Finger Lakes region. Upstate NY, reprazent!

Thanks for posting these, I probably wouldn't have discovered them if it weren't for this thread. I wasn't into the last storyline so much, but I'm really diggin' this one.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Indolent Bastard posted:

I stopped by the library last night, so many people were getting their forms printed off by the staff it was madness.

A) Don't leave it to the last minute
B) Paper, really? In 2015? Yes you can, but why would you?

I did it for my local, but my taxes are super easy and need like three minutes, a basic calculator, and knowing where the W-2s are. :shrug:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mine got slightly more complicated starting with 2013 when my district taxes started to exceed the standard deduction, so i actually have to think about deductions which is kind of annoying.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

Wait, he has a kid to run TurboTax for him? Dustin's taxes can't possibly be that difficult. He probably has a ton of W-2s and maybe some 1099s to enter, but I doubt he has much to deduct beyond student loan interest, and I wouldn't be shocked if that doesn't exceed the standard deduction. This should be more time-consuming than anything.

Well if Dustin is still working as a substitute teacher, he might have a number of Employee Business Expenses, since he'd potentially be on call for various schools so he'd have mileage expense, supplies, and maybe be able to take some for his cell phone. Also student loan interest deduction is a hit to AGI, so it can be taken regardless of the standard deduction.

Also, to be super pedantic, the only way Dustin could have possibly achieved a refund like that has nothing to do with itemized deductions, but more likely through a ton of credits he's not entitled to.

Also also, Turbo Tax can be a horribly dangerous program for exactly this reason. He could easily misfile his return by answering the program's questions not realizing why it's asking anything and end up with a weird credit.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Just came across an interesting essay on Kliban by cartoonist Tim Krieder. It's worth giving a read.

quote:

In other words, forget about the freaking cats already. B. Kliban was one
of the funniest, most erudite and artful cartoonists of our time--far better than most of his more
celebrated contemporaries--and one of the few Americans to use illustration as an instrument of
psychological vivisection and a weapon of social protest in the manner of the European artists
Roland Topor, Ronald Searle, and Ralph Steadman.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (February 15, 1928)

James Thomas "Cotton Tom" Heflin: US Senator. White supremacist. Klan member. So a world class shithead, but in 1928 he wouldn't have been the only one. Also a name that would've required a knuckle dusting.

Peanuts (April 17, 1968)

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye

Rip Haywire

They call this Cat Hell and yet there's not a single rocking chair in sight. Go figure.

Out Our Way (January 3-4, 1927)

So, 1927! The year of Lindbergh! Philo Farnsworth! A massive flood that changes American history! Anyway, onward...

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Red Meat

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

9 Chickweed Lane 4/15/2004

Are we sure it's ink? Jesus, Brooke, you're weird.

There's a Strong Bad email where Coach Z is wearing a thong in a swimming pool and he takes it off and the water turns all black and inky. I didn't get it at the time, but apparently later found out that in some Asian (I forget which country specifically) comedy movies there will sometimes be a really gross and dirty guy in a bathtub or swimming pool and the water will turn black to show how gross and dirty he is.

That is the first thing that came to mind when I saw this.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Not enough love for this.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

I suspect Griffy just read an article about the internet of things and is going all cranky old man about it.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
I can't get to this every day, but i'll try to contribute.

Fritzi Ritz!

4/29/27

4/30/27

5/1/27

5/3/27

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Actually sympathizing with Luann. It's irritating as poo poo when your friend thinks she's your mom.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Nice of them to give her some privacy while she contacts a divorce lawyer.

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Judging by the placement of Charity's hand, I'd say she's planning to make a night of it, too. :pervert:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Is this really happening?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

:v: I guess nude Cyan wouldn't have worked.

That's a matter of opinion.

Zits got away with it!

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

Is this really happening?

Someone posted earlier that the Colonel had seen Walker before and would recognize him, and that's how the amnesia plot would be resolved. This is so much funnier than that.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Looks like Terry's a size queen.

Rex Morgan MD

You know, I could see Bugsy getting arrested for this because the girl is a minor and he's no doubt technically assaulted her by grabbing her (or at least such a legal argument could be made), but seriously can the guy not see the big gash that girl just put in the paint?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

You know, I could see Bugsy getting arrested for this because the girl is a minor and he's no doubt technically assaulted her by grabbing her (or at least such a legal argument could be made), but seriously can the guy not see the big gash that girl just put in the paint?

Are they supposed to be cops or rent-a-cops for the school that get to carry guns for some reason.

• Locked thread