Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
That funny guy reviewing planes in arcade experienced an interesting bit of :gaijin: when his Spit Mk Ia somehow shoots down a friendly plane behind him.

https://youtu.be/LEc4qx1Av7o?t=7m50s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
I'm not mad, just disappointed.

But I'll take the consolation prize.

(Shots are less then 2 minutes apart)

Mazz fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Apr 14, 2015

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Wow, of the 7 matches I played tonight I sure enjoyed having four of them in a row being Carpathians and 3 of them being Mozdok in a row. Last Mozdok I decided gently caress it, called it a night and just quit out immediately.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Why can't they add good Mozdok back?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
[Operation] Berlin is back :woop:

And I keep getting uptiered on it, Bearcats dying to 229s, MiG-9s showing that they are flown so rarely that they do not get the uptiering they deserve (hello He162)

e: 162 should not be 7.0 considering the competition, a single person with a brain and this would have been no problem, c'mon gaijoob
e: Killed a P51 with the Yak15, 45 shells into the cockpit + waiting for it to detonate. Belts have to make a difference when it's like that.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Apr 15, 2015

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Oh no my gun is broken what will I do

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

:golfclap: Well played, I need to learn to do poo poo like that when given the chance

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
I got a weird email today. Well, kind of weird, kind of esports? I guess? I don't know. Does anyone have any info of this sort of thing?

quote:

Hey JadeStar,

my name is Eugene and I’m responsible for the English-speaking War Thunder streamers on Twitch.

My offer is about collaboration with Arcade eSports.
Did you hear anything about them?
It’s a multigaming organization (like Na’vi, Fnatic and Cloud 9) and they are popular in CIS countries.
They are regularly in the Top-3 in Wargaming Golden League (World of Tanks championship) for example and currently building a 24/7 Twitch channel about War Thunder and looking for English-speaking streamers.

I really love your War Thunder stream and would like you to join them and start to stream for Arcade eSports :)

They will pay 300 golden eagles per streaming hour.
Also, the War Thunder administration will promote this channel on their homepage and FB page, so that more people will notice you.
Besides that, they will provide Arcade eSports (and their streamers) with some give-aways.

You can contact me in-game (CarmelitaPWNZ), add me in Skype (yeffi94) or write me an e-mail (yevhen.kozymka@gmail.com) and we can further discuss the matter.
You will need to stream War Thunder on their Twitch channel for 2 hours every day (or less... if you can’t stream every day)
Additionally, you can re-host these streams on your Twitch channel as well, so your subscribers see all these streams too.

I stream a lot of arcade shenanigans on twitch, but this is something i've never heard of or thought about. I don't even know what much of it means, like what is a multigaming organization? whats a CIS country? Is this all just a thing to get me to play WT as an advertisement sort of thing, and pay me 300 eagles an hour for it? I mean i stream WT pretty drat regularly as is, i wouldnt mind some hitler bucks for it. but what would I be getting into?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

You'll wake up in an ice bath, both kidneys replaced by hitlergold by a transient Nigerian prince.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Jade Star posted:

I got a weird email today. Well, kind of weird, kind of esports? I guess? I don't know. Does anyone have any info of this sort of thing?

I stream a lot of arcade shenanigans on twitch, but this is something i've never heard of or thought about. I don't even know what much of it means, like what is a multigaming organization? whats a CIS country? Is this all just a thing to get me to play WT as an advertisement sort of thing, and pay me 300 eagles an hour for it? I mean i stream WT pretty drat regularly as is, i wouldnt mind some hitler bucks for it. but what would I be getting into?

CIS countries are basically ex-Soviet states. Congrats for getting tagged by the East Ukranian rebels, they really liked your vids.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealth_of_Independent_States

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Confederacy_of_Independent_Systems

:haw:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisgender

:rolleye: Get it right you loving Cis scum

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So, it turns out that if you want to win on RB matches against Japan, just play low tier matches. I beat Saipan flying my P-40 and killing four Zeroes that for some reason thought they could catch up to our team's (admittedly pretty terribly flown) P-47s. Fewer cannons to worry about and a bunch of bad players. I love my Warhawk, hardmode that it might be.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisalpine_Republic

Italian tree teaser?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

FAUXTON posted:

Italian tree teaser?

CANT Z.501 confirmed

Flying boat supremacy :pilot:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

So today I learned about a Tank Commander Roguelike someone is making based on a 1987 solitaire board/war game called "Patton's Best" with elements borrowed from Advanced Squad Leader (another old tabletop wargame). Anyways, I loaded up in a basic M4 Sherman in late July 1944 and get tanking.

First set of hostiles includes radio reports of an SPG at my 10 O clock, close range. My unbuttoned commander spots it, but fails to identify it. I have him direct the driver as he reverses to find a hull down position, while the gunner rotates the turret to face the threat and the loader swaps the chambered HE round for an AP one. Unfortunately the driver fails to reach a hull down position. The SPG fires. :ohdear:

I got brewed up. My suckage at tanks is apparently not limited to War Thunder. :rip:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I like how a shot that hits the fuselage magically cuts both wings off. :gajin:

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Collateral Damage posted:

I like how a shot that hits the fuselage magically cuts both wings off. :gajin:

At least that makes more sense then when your round bounces away from the hull in the killcam then the tank explodes. I killed a Tiger with a T-34 on the move like that once.

Anyways, about those main gun + plane gifs... Just one more.

Wait, WHAT.

Another angle: http://i.imgur.com/hzJhB9Y.gifv

Mazz fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Apr 15, 2015

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUTzrMZVAAw

Is it too late to get in on posting sick long range kill shots? Because let me show my affection for the Bearcat cannons with stealth belts:
http://gfycat.com/FavorableHoarseArabianoryx
http://gfycat.com/HastyUnhealthyGar

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Ludicro posted:

Wow, of the 7 matches I played tonight I sure enjoyed having four of them in a row being Carpathians and 3 of them being Mozdok in a row. Last Mozdok I decided gently caress it, called it a night and just quit out immediately.

I would kill for some more Mozdok action. I've gotten to the point where I pretty much just exit the game whenever Jungle or Eastern Europe loads up. A month or two ago I somehow ended up getting 5 Jungle maps in a row in SB (which I have not played for a few weeks because I am tired of jungle, and it is ALWAYS the first to load).

They really need to add some more maps to break up the Eastern Europe/Jungle spamming.

Commandante
Oct 1, 2009

Has anyone tried the Vyazma event? Its actually super depressing for Russians. I mean, I realize it is probably close to how things went really, but playing though it is just an exercise in frustration.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

I have just started using Hispano 20mm's on my UK fighters and jesus christ :stare: Russian 20mm's are utterly nerfed compared to this.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Xerxes17 posted:

I have just started using Hispano 20mm's on my UK fighters and jesus christ :stare: Russian 20mm's are utterly nerfed compared to this.

Run Stealth until you get access to Air Target belts, when you get used to aim, timing and ballistics Russian 37mm will seem nerfed compared to it.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

MrLonghair posted:

Run Stealth until you get access to Air Target belts, when you get used to aim, timing and ballistics Russian 37mm will seem nerfed compared to it.

Wouldn't you get both at the same time? Or do you mean till you get planes that can get Air Target belts :v:

But yeah, anything that's stealth owns bones in Realistic once you get good at aiming.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Azran posted:

Wouldn't you get both at the same time? Or do you mean till you get planes that can get Air Target belts :v:

But yeah, anything that's stealth owns bones in Realistic once you get good at aiming.

Yeah, until Air Targets. Wonderful clickboom.

I feel more confident sniping with MG151/20 but Hispano for fast reaction kills.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

quote:

Improved visibility through aircraft telescopic sights
Improved rendering in aircraft cockpits
Fixed a bug where the player received reports of damaging an already destroyed ground vehicle
Crews of vehicles not used in battle will not be locked if there were no available crews (due to not enough spawn points) when the player left the battle. Note: Certain loadouts (such as rockets) can influence spawn cost. Regarding the locking of crews, the system will always take the base spawn cost of the vehicle into consideration.

:toot:

By the way, can't wait for new mouse aim.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Hooray, I love good changes. The first Ki-43 is a bitch to shoot things in SB because of the telescopic sight and I find myself using TrackIR to try to look around the scope whenever possible. Same with the F-2A or whichever early US planes have them.

e: Is spawn cost being affected by loadout a new change?

Teeter fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Apr 15, 2015

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Russian queue for the Sevastopol event: 70+
German queue for the Sevastopol event: 5

I got 3 kills and an assist in my J1 before we ran out of tickets, no deaths. The rest of my team combined had 4 kills.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Are there any other tanks with guns that work similar to the T-60? I love using the sucker as a close-in knife and ambush fighter: hide amongst the terrain and the bigger, more visibly dangerous tanks and then do my best to vaporize unsuspecting armor with a blast of hellfire.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Alkydere posted:

Are there any other tanks with guns that work similar to the T-60? I love using the sucker as a close-in knife and ambush fighter: hide amongst the terrain and the bigger, more visibly dangerous tanks and then do my best to vaporize unsuspecting armor with a blast of hellfire.

AA tanks

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Azran posted:

:toot:

By the way, can't wait for new mouse aim.

You can already turn it on in the launcher (bottom right - WIP client). It works pretty fine.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Tank Boy Ken posted:

You can already turn it on in the launcher (bottom right - WIP client). It works pretty fine.

What's supposed to be different with the old vs the new mouse aim?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Olesh posted:

What's supposed to be different with the old vs the new mouse aim?

This:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmdLdb5kybo

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Apparently smoother reaction times for mouse aim so you don't need to rely on keyboard overrides to prevent mouse dragging from loving with your rudder during sharp turns.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
Has anyone else gotten a Defeat after winning?

I got one earlier that didn't make much sense, we had most of the team in their tanks and we capped all three points as well as getting the enemy team's tickets to 0, but afterwards the statistic screen and history log said it's a defeat?

I even lost one of my Golden Wager tries!

Koorisch fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Apr 15, 2015

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Alkydere posted:

US .50 cals can do that type of thing early on, and Pz. IIs have autocannons that can fire successive rounds.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Maybe I'll be able to hit poo poo with a 109 after they implement that. Nose wobble makes things a real pain.

Dogfather
May 31, 2008

Koorisch posted:

Has anyone else gotten a Defeat after winning?

I got one earlier that didn't make much sense, we had most of the team in their tanks and we capped all three points as well as getting the enemy team's tickets to 0, but afterwards the statistic screen and history log said it's a defeat?

I even lost one of my Golden Wager tries!

yeah I had that happen during a sim event. The enemy only had 1 tank left, we capped all 3 zones, and got their ticket to 0, result: Defeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Plan Z posted:

US .50 cals can do that type of thing early on, and Pz. IIs have autocannons that can fire successive rounds.

I'll have to try those .50 cals out. I tried out the Pz. IIs already. They don't have nearly the fire speed/ammo belt size but I guess they don't have the painful reload either. I realize it's a weapon/strat that obviously won't work in higher tiers when everyone actually has armor.

• Locked thread