Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

T1g4h posted:

The fact that Goons despise Rutledge when he is undoubtedly the gooniest motherfucker on TV never ceases to amuse me :allears:

Rut owns. Not only did he pick a drat donk for the landbarge challenge, but the dude has some pretty sweet cars of his own.

You're drat right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPGNmVqF0c4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Since the lads won't do it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRK1jj9t_QQ

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people
The Alaska truck episode was my favorite of top gear us. And Rutledge is certainly my favorite, I mean a "1000HP" minivan? Hell yeah! Who cars if it sucks, that's cool in its own right. Tanner is ok, good driver but he's a little annoying to my point of view sometimes. Adam is the useless on, he can't drive, he only likes boring land barges which is good for a gimmick or two but it gets really old. He's just unfunny.

I say get Tanner, Rutledge, Freiburger, and Finnegan. That would make for some crazy cheap car challenges. Tanner would still win them all though.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

Sadi posted:

Adam is the useless on, he can't drive, he only likes boring land barges which is good for a gimmick or two but it gets really old. He's just unfunny.

He did have a fantastic line about the Aztek though:

"This personifies everything that was wrong with GM in the late 90s: Design by Committee. You know the committee that designed this wasn't fired? They were executed."

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

You guys want "Top Gear US", that's what this is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOQe1hWvX_c

Chemistry, check. POWERRRR, check. Attitude toward source of funding, check.

:eyepop: 22:00

Apparently you can get those Hellcat things in manual :unsmigghh:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Data Graham posted:

Do you have a source for this? I was not aware.

E: Oh, looks like you can in the Challenger, just not the Charger.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Raluek posted:

Do you have a source for this? I was not aware.

The base challenger hellcat is a manual. the auto is a $2000 option. the charger is auto-only.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Rut is also getting a new series.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Data Graham posted:

You guys want "Top Gear US", that's what this is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOQe1hWvX_c

Chemistry, check. POWERRRR, check. Attitude toward source of funding, check.

:eyepop: 22:00

I saw their series linked recently, and have started to watch different episodes of the show for about a week now. Pretty fantastic I must say!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
You have no idea how sad I am that the Hellcat you're referencing wasn't this badass motherfucker which is totally something that should be on Top Gear.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
That was a pretty cool episode but really those hellcats just don't interest me. The viper, though... yes please.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

That was a pretty cool episode but really those hellcats just don't interest me. The viper, though... yes please.

Mostly this. I feel like just because you can do something maybe sometimes you should not.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

You have no idea how sad I am that the Hellcat you're referencing wasn't this badass motherfucker which is totally something that should be on Top Gear.
"Tonight on Top Gear - I thrash an old Roman around the track, Richard is smaller than a mouse, and James gets inside WW2's Churchill".

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Preoptopus posted:

Mostly this. I feel like just because you can do something maybe sometimes you should not.

What the hell kind of opinion is this? :frogout:

I mean I'd take the Viper over the barges every time too but they're basically the classic muscle cars that are actually fast and good. A great choice if I had 1.2 kids or whatever to drive around.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I'd take the Charger out of those three. 4 doors, comfort, big-rear end trunk, hella V8 powah. The only way it could be made better would be to make it a wagon. I don't even care about the automatic, when you've got that much torque it doesn't really matter anymore.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

mobby_6kl posted:

What the hell kind of opinion is this? :frogout:

I mean I'd take the Viper over the barges every time too but they're basically the classic muscle cars that are actually fast and good. A great choice if I had 1.2 kids or whatever to drive around.

Dodge. The viper is handbuilt, but the others are just dodges. Fast dodges with lots of expensive stuff to break and terrible sightlines.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
The only thing chrysler/dodge sell in Australia is/was the:
neon, PT cruiser, voyager, 200, 300, calibre, nitro, avenger, journey. Some other ones and normally they are ugly CUVs.
What's that medium dodge sedan? There's one up my street with a tarp on it because it's smashed up.

No truck, no charger, no challenger, no viper for public dealer sales. You can get private imports of the ram, challenger and charger for $140,000 though. Wouldn't want to ask the sticker price of a viper.

Is it any wonder why I think nothing of chrysler/dodge?
Bare in mind I was a fan of their 1960s and 1970s cars. They built awesome valiants and chryslers here, including a smaller charger of our own local design.
Then they had small econo boxes (lancer, galant, sigma) that mitsubishi took over. Since the mitsubishi takeover chrysler have not even tried here, so they get no points.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Apr 13, 2015

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

You gotta admit though, the Hellcat engine is pretty much automotive insanity.

707hp for under 60k with a full warranty? :getin:

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Fo3 posted:

The only thing chrysler/dodge sell in Australia is/was the:
neon, PT cruiser, voyager, 200, 300, calibre, nitro, avenger, journey. Some other ones and normally they are ugly CUVs.
What's that medium dodge sedan? There's one up my street with a tarp on it because it's smashed up.

No truck, no charger, no challenger, no viper for public dealer sales. You can get private imports of the ram, challenger and charger for $140,000 though. Wouldn't want to ask the sticker price of a viper.

Is it any wonder why I think nothing of chrysler/dodge?
Bare in mind I was a fan of their 1960s and 1970s cars. They built awesome valiants and chryslers here, including a smaller charger of our own local design.
Then they had small econo boxes (lancer, galant, sigma) that mitsubishi took over. Since the mitsubishi takeover chrysler have not even tried here, so they get no points.

I had to buy a socket set specifically sized .5mm more than normal to take lug nuts off of Dodges because they rust from the inside and swell up its all poo poo.

JBark
Jun 27, 2000
Good passwords are a good idea.

Fo3 posted:

....You can get private imports of the ram....

They just got approval to bring in unlimited Rams, instead of the small numbers it used to be. Walkinshaw (owned by Holden) is apparently doing the RHD conversion. 2500 and 3500 only at first.

I see quite a few of the F250/350s and some GM 2500/3500s, and I always laugh at how odd they look here in Oz. Never batted an eye at them when I lived in the US, but they just look so "compensating" here. Most of the ones I see are parked in front of houses, taking up the entire front yard, because they're both too long and too tall to fit inside the standard garage.

IndianaZoidberg
Aug 21, 2011

My name isnt slick, its Zoidberg. JOHN F***ING ZOIDBERG!
Good News!

Is it the Dacia Sandero?

...no. James is back in the kitchen cooking again.

https://youtu.be/xtfGZfIl8Bk

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Plucky Brit posted:

He did have a fantastic line about the Aztek though:

"This personifies everything that was wrong with GM in the late 90s: Design by Committee. You know the committee that designed this wasn't fired? They were executed."

I think one positive thing you can say about the Aztek is that it actually started to look less horrible after a few years. I remember first seeing one somewhere in Wilmington in 2002/3 and thinking "holy gently caress what is that startlingly awful piece of poo poo". But today it just looks like it has some unnecessarily fussy window framing at the back.

I hate 90s GM as much as the next person, but the exterior styling grates on me less than all those anonymous, grey, "boiled sweet" VWs they sold over here in the UK during the Aztek's production life. And unlike the usual run of soccer mom SUVs, you could get them with actual useful features, like a usable cargo area and that instant car camping kit. Unfortunately you also got a 90s GM interior and basically a 90s GM chassis being built in 2001, so...

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

IndianaZoidberg posted:

Good News!

Is it the Dacia Sandero?

...no. James is back in the kitchen cooking again.

https://youtu.be/xtfGZfIl8Bk

Fantastic! I didnt want to make the shepherds pie becuase lamb and one or two other ingredients arent easy to come by in the states (We have many more cows than sheep), but for the most part im going to try and cook along with him. I'll post some of the results here. (Possibly hilarious as i am a novice cook)

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Fantastic! I didnt want to make the shepherds pie becuase lamb and one or two other ingredients arent easy to come by in the states (We have many more cows than sheep), but for the most part im going to try and cook along with him. I'll post some of the results here. (Possibly hilarious as i am a novice cook)

If you live by a Costco, they usually have lamb.

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

I made his shepherd's pie (although as Matt mentioned, I used beef instead of lamb). It was really good, and quite easy. I'll probably make this too, because James May.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Hammond's wife keeps chickens.

Hammond's wife keeps chickens.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Does that surprise you?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

Does that surprise you?

............no.

Scrambles
Jul 24, 2003

I WANT IT
Lots of people keep chickens, you don't need to be "country folk".

http://tourdcoop.com/

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Scrambles posted:

Lots of people keep chickens, you don't need to be "country folk".

http://tourdcoop.com/

My ex wife's aunt kept chickens. They were most assuredly "country folk," though.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
My mother-in-law kept chickens.

She moved in with my sister-in-law (in the city), and kept chickens in their detached garage, which completely destroyed the garage over time.

She's very much country-folk though.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Fresh eggs own though, much like carbonara loving owns.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Everybody here keeps chickens. It's not a big deal. Eggs are good.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Keeping chickens (and other small food animals) has become the hobby du jour amongst younger hipster women. All of my wife's friends are doing it now. I have been asked if we can have a goat like 5 times in the last month, and apparently "No, we live in a condo" isn't a reasonable answer as to why we can't.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Keeping chickens (and other small food animals) has become the hobby du jour amongst younger hipster women. All of my wife's friends are doing it now. I have been asked if we can have a goat like 5 times in the last month, and apparently "No, we live in a condo" isn't a reasonable answer as to why we can't.

You could start a lawn care business. Organic all-natural lawn mowing done the easy way.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I guess my parents were ahead of the curve. When they settled down in northern California in the late 70s, they left their city dweller lives behind and (after two summers spent bumming around Alaska Chris McCandless style) bought a little farmhouse with a chicken coop and a cow pasture and started raising their own vegetables and meat. I grew up thinking that was what every family did.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

That cat is like "What the gently caress?"

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
That cat is like "ADOOOOORABLE!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shin-chan
Aug 1, 2008

To be a man you must have honor...
...honor and a penis!

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Everybody here keeps chickens. It's not a big deal. Eggs are good.

We even have a thread for it! Backyard Chicken Keeping: I want some black cocks in my life