Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Uhh

http://cityworldnews.com/butch-otter-poor-genetically-inferior/

quote:

Otter transcript (partial):

Look, I hear that… David and I debate this… but the big difference between the rich and the poor… it’s genetics. Poor people are genetically inferior, but that’s okay… [unintelligible] Don’t jump my roost about it… I didn’t make up that fact. It’s going to have to be okay, because it’s not like we can kill them [laughter from Otter]. But we need to stop spending… you know, spending so much on the inferior… It’s going to raise taxes, hurt economy, if we don’t. [unintelligible] Poor people deserve to live. I’m not heartless… [unintelligible] strict guidelines. Thank God we have religion… [unintelligible] retail… The lesser obviously can’t take care of themselves without it. I represent the genetically inferior… [laughter from Otter]. I’m bringing them jobs… the call centers… The Kuna meat packing plant… [laughter from Otter]. Inferior need to work harder now and realize that big government isn’t here in Idaho. We have to make cuts and John and Stewy back me on this…[unintelligible] the people won’t be able to compete with the superior, but let’s keep the message that they can and everything will work fine.”

The staffer says the three men often get together to candidly discuss issues affecting the State. The staffer claims to have other recordings regarding Otter’s belief that gay people have a genetic flaw, his plan to eradicate wolves in Idaho and his desire to further criminalize marijuana laws.

:stonk:

I have no idea how credible this source or story is but if it is, holy gently caress I can't wait for more tapes. He's like every conservative stereotype made flesh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Uhh

I have no idea how credible this source or story is but if it is, holy gently caress I can't wait for more tapes. He's like every conservative stereotype made flesh.

I can tell you already that wolf eradication is 100% legit. The richest people in the state are ranchers (and Simplot, but he died) so their interests are very important.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
That's why they should have gone with one of the more credible candidates.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Uhh

This site is either tabloid garbage or satire.

Maybe both.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/loretta-lynch-supporters-hunger-strike-confirmation-116994.html

quote:

Loretta Lynch is still waiting to be confirmed as attorney general, and her allies are hoping a hunger strike will do the trick.
The advocacy group founded by the Rev. Al Sharpton, along with female civil-rights leaders, are launching the hunger strike – where groups of fasters will alternate days abstaining from food until Lynch is confirmed to replace Eric Holder at the Justice Department. Dubbed “Confirm Loretta Lynch Fast,” the new tactic is designed in the mold of civil rights leaders such as Martin Luther King Jr., Mahatma Gandhi and Cesar Chavez, organizers said.

Are you kidding me? Of all the things to have a hunger strike about, getting a center-right lawyer a better job should be WAY down on the list...

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Nativity In Black posted:

This site is either tabloid garbage or satire.

Maybe both.

Onioned again :jiggled:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BeefyTaco posted:

Hey everyone, I mostly just lurk this thread, but I wanted to pop in with an important question. A friend of a friend is doing a lunch interview with Rick Santorum tomorrow - are there any good questions I should tell them to ask him? (They already promised to ask about his "google problem").

Ask him how big Dave Bautista's dick is

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Yeah judging by the other stories on the site it's complete bullshit.

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010

Joementum posted:

That's why they should have gone with one of the more credible candidates.

Never trust a man with fingerless gloves.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Uhh

Can mischlinges poor people become Honorary Americans under his purity rules?

Edit: It's fake, it is a satirical page. If it hadn't been, I think even some things are too much for republicans, at least when it can hurt elections.

http://www.kboi2.com/news/local/Satire-strikes-again-Dont-trust-everything-you-read-online-idaho-news-288879671.html

Rincewinds fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Apr 15, 2015

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
We need a constitutional amendment declaring The Onion as the only approved satire news outlet. All the others are terrible at it and just lead to situations like this.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Rincewinds posted:

Can mischlinges poor people become Honorary Americans under his purity rules?

Edit: It's fake, it is a satirical page. If it hadn't been, I think even some things are too much for republicans, at least when it can hurt elections.

http://www.kboi2.com/news/local/Satire-strikes-again-Dont-trust-everything-you-read-online-idaho-news-288879671.html

I don't know about you guys, but Poe's Law was in full effect for me. I had no trouble believing that Otter would say those things, no trouble at all. "Par for the course" is the phrase that comes to mind.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Aurubin posted:

Somebody recommend good webcomics. I'm looking for insight and laughs on a weekly/bi-weekly basis.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Paranatural's pretty good, it's about kids fighting ghosts.

JT Jag posted:

Le̡t ̵m̢ȩ t̶̨e̡ĺ͟l͟ ͡͡y͏̵̛o͠͠u҉ á͘̕b̴̢̕͡o҉̛u̕t̶͡ ̨͞͡H̡̀͟o̡͢m̡̛͠ę̨͟͏̧s̨͜t̨͜҉u҉҉̷̛c͝͠k҉͡

Alternatively, come to the :nws: Bad Webcomics Thread :nws: and join us in our suffering. It likpates.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Which strip has more terrible, absentee parents, Moon Over June or Day by Day?

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Day by Day is not coherent enough to tell. But DbD's are absentee and terrible, while MOJ's are terrible in entirely different ways.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
MOJ's kids will grow up hating male cislords, which is Cool and Good

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
edit:
Woah this isn't the chat thread, chrome tabs get your act together.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Senator Shaheen has introduced a bill to put a woman on the $20 bill, which Scott Brown totally would have done bro because, like, he lives with women and knows about them and stuff. Bqhatevwr.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Joementum posted:

Senator Shaheen has introduced a bill to put a woman on the $20 bill, which Scott Brown totally would have done bro because, like, he lives with women and knows about them and stuff. Bqhatevwr.

But theres only the one woman president?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

zoux posted:

You don't have to be Presidet to get your face on a bill. Being a horndog also qualifies you.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
We should promote Grant to the $20, dump Jackson and put Hillary on the $50.

Barack should be on the $100

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

zoux posted:

Wow just because Bush wash a cheerleader doesn't mean he's a woman :dogbutton:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
We should put Obama on the $2, and Hillary on a $2 coin.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Heh Nick Dipaulo here, if you pudda woman on the $20 wont it make worth $17

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Said woman won't be Ida B Wells though, and she is the one who deserves it.

She'd be an easy sell too "Republican woman who, when told to leave town rather than report on murders, drew a pistol and told the assholes to make her"

Fried Chicken fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Apr 15, 2015

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
We already have a woman on our currency, Sagajuwea.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

Heh Nick Dipaulo here, if you pudda woman on the $20 wont it make worth $17

you've missed an opportunity to spell worth "woith"

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx

Fried Chicken posted:

Said woman won't be Ida B Wells though, and she is the one who deserves it.

She'd be an easy sell too "Republican woman who, when told to leave town rather than report on murders, drew a pistol and told the assholes to make her"

Harriet Tubman is pretty awesome though. And Wilma Mankiller has an awesome name.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Also Susan B Anthony

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Susan B. Anthony, our ugliest President.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Have they ever put a man on the disastrous iterations of the dollar coin?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
You know, I think there's a coin even Republicans would favor putting Obama on.

That's right, let's put Obama on the strawpenny.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

zoux posted:

They made a series of coins with each president's face on them.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

zoux posted:

Ike.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

I like Ike.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Holy poo poo I thought that was Lenin. Dead ringer.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Presidents also end up on non-US coins sometimes.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ike looks like he's having a herpes flare up.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joementum posted:

Presidents also end up on non-US coins sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

mdemone posted:

I don't know about you guys, but Poe's Law was in full effect for me. I had no trouble believing that Otter would say those things, no trouble at all. "Par for the course" is the phrase that comes to mind.

We know they're Saturday morning cartoon villains. We're just waiting on the unspinnable "Gas blacks/jews/gays/poors/heathens" response from some muckety muck, and that's the closest we've gotten. You can't blame me for getting my hopes up. :smith:

• Locked thread