Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Trent posted:

The Mii costumes are up in the shop, but I don't see any way to buy the new fighters.

(no code b/c I didn't get the 3ds version)

Mewtwo doesn't go up for sale for a couple weeks. You can only have him now if you got the club nintendo codes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
More Mewtwo Facts:

Mewtwo is added into All-Star mode
Mewtwo does not count toward "Complete X with All Fighters" challenges (I was finishing up 100-Man Smash with everyone, with Mewtwo downloaded, and got the challenge unlocked without ever using Mewtwo)

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

someone fight me, my nnid is y-h-w-h and i am in the #goonsmash irc channel also

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jivjov posted:

Mewtwo doesn't go up for sale for a couple weeks. You can only have him now if you got the club nintendo codes.

Ah, ok. That's what I'd initially thought, but mixed info today. Thanks

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

No custom moves is some hot dogshit. It's not like they took much effort to make anyway.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

jivjov posted:

Mewtwo is added into All-Star mode

Great, just what All-Star needed: being harder

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Alxprit posted:

Great, just what All-Star needed: being harder

All-Star Mode is not hard. Come on.

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

I feel bad for anyone who plays as Link, Kirby, or Villager. What an awkward arrangement to put the characters in.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Falcon felt different when I tried him out for a few minutes before work but I need to know the hard data on his changes. Anyone know them?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Bluff Buster posted:

I feel bad for anyone who plays as Link, Kirby, or Villager. What an awkward arrangement to put the characters in.

They'll be fine in a few months once Lucas hits.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
If you're waiting for your Mewtwo code email, and you use Gmail, check the PROMOTIONS tab, Club Nintendo emails seem to get sorted there automatically.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

No custom movies is a bit of a disappointment, but overall I'm still pretty happy with how Mewtwo feels and plays. maybe they'll add some custom moves once he's available to the public?

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i think its possible he will have custom moves on his "official" release along with any changes to glaring issues he might have such as ruining multi-man smash global rankings or whatever

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Even More Mewtwo Facts:

Mewtwo's silhouette does get added to the menu screens of Wii U version

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Played with a bunch of japanese kids online as mewtwo. He feels like a better version of his melee self

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Megaman has been nerfed. :stonk:

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

F. Lobot posted:

Good. Burn all the campers to the ground. How's Villager?

Anyone see if Kirby or Peach are stronger?

Also Diddy nerfs are the best news we could possibly get.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

F. Lobot posted:

What'd they do?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Evil Eagle posted:

Falcon felt different when I tried him out for a few minutes before work but I need to know the hard data on his changes. Anyone know them?

I think they nerfed his up air but that's all I noticed. Apparently has shorter grab length too? Idk

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Peach got slight buffs. Upsmash is less unsafe, you can throw out another attack right after it, it seems. Forward air is slightly faster. Turnips bounce back toward you instead of straight up, making them easier/safer to catch on a rebound, and knock a shielding opponent slightly away now.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Reiley posted:

There's a rumor that someone datamined the patch and found files for a "Ryu" from "SF2" in the game??? Take that however you will.

Okay.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Not a Children posted:

Peach got slight buffs. Upsmash is less unsafe, you can throw out another attack right after it, it seems. Forward air is slightly faster. Turnips bounce back toward you instead of straight up, making them easier/safer to catch on a rebound, and knock a shielding opponent slightly away now.

This is awesome, Peach rules. Down with Rosalina

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Not a Children posted:

Awesome! Better turnips will make it more desirable to use them as a mix-up, and I might actually use up smash now. Fair was already good and it being better will make Peach better at going for the kill.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cuckoo posted:

This is awesome, Peach rules. Down with Rosalina
Peach, Rosalina, and Zelda all kick rear end and I hope Peach and Zelda get buffed to Rosalina's level.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

F. Lobot posted:

It would be nice if you elaborated on things like this.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

The Bee posted:

What'd they do?

Searching around it looks like:

- Removed the ability to use f-tilts and f-smashes while holding items. In competitive terms this affects MM more since he generates metal blades and can grab them; obviously it affects everyone when you play with items on.
- Changed the way the knockback on his up air works, so it will be harder to combo but easier to get kills off the top of the stage

The rest seems unsubstantiated.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Serious question in the hopes of it not being just me but is online stable for anyone else?

Last night my wii-u could connect just fine to the internet but today it keeps switching from "not connected to the internet there is no wi-fi" to "now it's connected all is good" on a whim. Literally every other wi-fi device in my house is saying it's fine and the wii-u's built in connection test is even giving me a thumbs up so I have no idea what the hell is going on.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Oh, okay. If they buffed topscreen air shooter kills I'm happy. Wasn't sure how to smash with items but this sucks for lemon and blade mixups.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

It would be nice if you elaborated on things like this.

It's unconfirmed, but apparently he cannot shoot while holding metal blade, and upair is nerfed

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Serious question in the hopes of it not being just me but is online stable for anyone else?

Last night my wii-u could connect just fine to the internet but today it keeps switching from "not connected to the internet there is no wi-fi" to "now it's connected all is good" on a whim. Literally every other wi-fi device in my house is saying it's fine and the wii-u's built in connection test is even giving me a thumbs up so I have no idea what the hell is going on.
Had that situation a few months back but since it resolved itself there haven't been any problems (the connection quality while inside a match is another issue entirely). Don't remember the error code it generates, but googling it essentially said to 1) be sure any duplicate connections to the same source are deleted, and 2) manually enter a local IP you know won't cause any conflicts and ensure the default gateway and DNS server are properly set. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries because Nintendo's internet-capable devices are kind of crap.

As for the patch, some of these changes are looking mighty nice. Just wish there was actual patch notes.

notoriousman fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Apr 15, 2015

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Why does this stupid console not have an ethernet port?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
it does if you pay 40 dollars for the dongle

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
I like Mewtwo. I am glad he is back. He is rad and I love his new animations.

But man I am out of practice at Classic, I started at 7.5 and got knocked all the way down to 6.0 before I reached Master Core. :(

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

NTT posted:

it does if you pay 40 dollars for the dongle

Apparently it works with generic USB Ethernet adapters too, there are some for $10-$20 on Amazon. I haven't tried it myself, I don't really play online.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
It has to be a Nintendo specific one, do research first before buying one

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

NTT posted:

It has to be a Nintendo specific one, do research first before buying one

It does not, I have a 10 dollar one from amazon that works.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I remain dubious since I've had poor results with just any old usb/ethernet adapter.

Pankratos
Dec 26, 2009

YOU DEFEATED
According to an extremely good Diddy player in Norcal, Diddy is much better at comboing moves together since all the knockback reductions keep the opponent close. He thinks Diddy is better than before, just less braindead.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
sakurai.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Pankratos posted:

According to an extremely good Diddy player in Norcal, Diddy is much better at comboing moves together since all the knockback reductions keep the opponent close. He thinks Diddy is better than before, just less braindead.

Something something GG Hoo-Hah

But yeah his base tools are so good that even after all of the nerfs he's still gonna be godly

• Locked thread