Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

MC Nietzche posted:

Harriet Tubman is pretty awesome though. And Wilma Mankiller has an awesome name.

Plus replacing the genocidal fucker who tried to kill them with a Native American would feel soooo good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx

Munkeymon posted:

Plus replacing the genocidal fucker who tried to kill them with a Native American would feel soooo good.

To be frank, I am legitimately torn about replacing Jackson. I think they should bump Franklin or Hamilton. Jackson was the first president out of the west, and the first popularly elected President. As lovely as he was to the natives, he wasn't unique in that, and he definitely represented a more inclusive America that sought to help the common people. Natives were excluded from that definition, and history should judge that, but I think you'd be hard pressed to argue that Jackson wasn't a great president, even if he was sometimes a lovely human being.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
If you think any other President would have treated the natives better your crazy. Jackson was a huge rear end in a top hat but he was one that at least gave a little bit more of a poo poo about the common man than most of his time.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Joementum posted:

That's why they should have gone with one of the more credible candidates.

That debate was probably my single favorite thing to come out of the election.

Right down to Governor Otter's poo poo-eating grin as he was shaking hands with his incredibly dour serious opponent.

I wonder whether it's Butch or one of his staffers that watched Alpha House and had an epiphany.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Jackson hated national banking and paper money, so it was dumb to put him on the $20 from the start.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joementum posted:

Jackson hated national banking and paper money, so it was dumb to put him on the $20 from the start.

That's not dumb, that's revenge.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Joementum posted:

That's a funny way to say brilliant.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Who says there only be one version of any particular denomination? You could do a couple versions of each. Plenty of countries do.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

visceril posted:

We should promote Grant to the $20, dump Jackson and put Hillary on the $50.

Barack should be on the $100

Personally I'd like to see them remove all real persons from money. The whole reason we can't change things now is because Congressional delegations get into pissing matches about how many things "their" Presidents name or likeness are attached to.

ReidRansom posted:

Who says there only be one version of any particular denomination? You could do a couple versions of each. Plenty of countries do.

That wouldn't work either, whichever state was getting "bumped"would hold it up in the Senate. Hell Alaska has been trying to officially rename Denali since 1975 and Ohio fights it like it's life and death.

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Apr 15, 2015

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

ReidRansom posted:

While we're at it, we can do away with putting famous people on our paper altogether, and put things like the moon landing, first flight, the constitutional convention, railroads, civil rights marches, and other things that define America better than dead politicians from a bygone era. v:shobon:v

e:fb

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hasters posted:

Personally I'd like to see them remove all real persons from money. The whole reason we can't change things now is because Congressional delegations get into pissing matches about how many things "their" Presidents name or likeness are attached to.

Goddamn it we're not putting Batman on the dollar bill.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

zoux posted:

That spot belongs to The Joker. :colbert:

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx

zoux posted:

Not with that attitude we aren't. To change.org!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

One Bison dollar is worth five British pounds, so he needs to be on the $10.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

MC Nietzche posted:

To be frank, I am legitimately torn about replacing Jackson. I think they should bump Franklin or Hamilton. Jackson was the first president out of the west, and the first popularly elected President. As lovely as he was to the natives, he wasn't unique in that, and he definitely represented a more inclusive America that sought to help the common people. Natives were excluded from that definition, and history should judge that, but I think you'd be hard pressed to argue that Jackson wasn't a great president, even if he was sometimes a lovely human being.

Franklin is the best founding father by a mile.

Warmachine posted:

While we're at it, we can do away with putting famous people on our paper altogether, and put things like the moon landing, first flight, the constitutional convention, railroads, civil rights marches, and other things that define America better than dead politicians from a bygone era. v:shobon:v

e:fb

I don't know, I think it's pretty nifty when I see currency with Euler or a famous composer on it.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

One Bison dollar is worth five British pounds, so he needs to be on the $10.

Yes, YES!

This. Is. DE-LICIOUS!!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I want the Japanese equivalent.

Coins for 1, 5, 10, 50, 1.00, 5.00
Bills for 10.00, 50.00, 100.00

No bullshit where shops are like "no large bills past 20", too. Everywhere in Japan you could break a 10k yen note.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Venom Snake posted:

If you think any other President would have treated the natives better your crazy. Jackson was a huge rear end in a top hat but he was one that at least gave a little bit more of a poo poo about the common man than most of his time.

When how he treated them involved a literal hundred+ mile death march, that's stretching credulity a bit.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Joementum posted:

Like hunters mounting deers' heads to the wall.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Cash is only used for drugs anyway.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Computerized voting is the future, but only on machines that run Windows Embedded 2002 with Remote Desktop enabled and your votes stored in an Access database with a 5-character password.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
So basically, banks and sales websites can have a secure setup that customers can trust, but elections are going to be a pathetic amateur job?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

zoux posted:

Cash is only used for drugs anyway.

And at titty bars :colbert:

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Solkanar512 posted:

Franklin Thomas Paine is the best founding father by a mile.

Fixed that for you. I would love Paine dollars...he gets few acknowledgements because he was a deist who championed a progressive income tax with a 100% bracket and social security.

Dude was badass, even spent time in jail during the French revolution after calling out the radicals because he gave no ducks.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Solkanar512 posted:

Franklin is the best founding father by a mile.

I don't know, I think it's pretty nifty when I see currency with Euler or a famous composer on it.

That's nice, but I highly doubt that there is an entire delegation in the Swiss government with Eulermania.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Frederick Douglass should replace Jackson on the 20.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Berke Negri posted:

:agreed:

Although finding out how I shared a last name with him was err, not nice.

EDIT: His personal writings are amazing and if you have never read them you should, it's really moving to see how he refutes the common defenses for slavery at the time.

Venom Snake fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Apr 15, 2015

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Seeing that Republicans control both the House and Senate, if anyone is going to replace Jackson it's going to be Reagan.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Blindeye posted:

Fixed that for you. I would love Paine dollars...he gets few acknowledgements because he was a deist who championed a progressive income tax with a 100% bracket and social security.

Dude was badass, even spent time in jail during the French revolution after calling out the radicals because he gave no ducks.

He was also by all accounts an utterly unlikeable prick (like even more so than Hamilton) who alienated just about everyone he interacted with for any length of time, other than James Monroe for some reason.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Nat Turner on everything.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Berke Negri posted:

Heh, my middle-school class tried to take up a campaign to do just that. Sadly, never got more than a footnote in the paper.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Berke Negri posted:

He got a really great statue in the Capitol last year.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
If anyone should be on the $20 bill... it's Sherman.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
There's already a little movement started to put a woman on the twenty https://www.womenon20s.org/

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Venom Snake posted:

:agreed:

Although finding out how I shared a last name with him was err, not nice.

That's pretty awesome. Have you ever contacted his descendants and asked for reparations?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Joementum posted:

He got a really great statue in the Capitol last year.

this kinda looks like a statue of Marx

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

SedanChair posted:

That's pretty awesome. Have you ever contacted his descendants and asked for reparations?

What? Iv heard he took the last name from a Scottish poet of the clan Douglas and added an extra s. But the story in my family for the longest time was that there were a lot of freed slaves with the last name Douglass so he took it.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

A Winner is Jew posted:

If anyone should be on the $20 bill... it's Sherman.

we really shouldn't replace the guy who genocides a bunch of native Americans with a guy who wanted to genocide a bunch of native americans

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

$1 bill: James Birney
$5 bill: Sojourner Truth
$10 bill: Frederick Douglass
$20 bill: Cassius Clay
$50 bill: Roscoe Conkling/Thad Stevens gay sex tableau
$100 bill: John Brown
$1000 bill: Louis Farakhan
$10,000 bill: Angela Davis

i don't actually know what denominations there are once you get above 100

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Miltank posted:

There's already a little movement started to put a woman on the twenty https://www.womenon20s.org/

Two black women, a native american and the wife of a Democratic president the right still hates; might as well talk about putting them on Martian money for all the chance that has. There's no way you're replacing Jackson with a woman unless it's someone like Belle Boyd.

• Locked thread