Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

bef posted:

they nerfed ness's back throw and his up air this is bullshit

I enjoyed my favorite character being slightly-overly-powerful, made me feel like I was good at the game

Bullshit indeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Now Ness is merely excellent in the air and has great throws and good fast smashes.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Overall the patch seems like not enough, especially for characters who needed some real buffing (Wii Fit Trainer, Olimar, Ike, all the heavies, really). I hope they continue to roll out minor changes at regular intervals.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

FactsAreUseless posted:

Overall the patch seems like not enough, especially for characters who needed some real buffing (Wii Fit Trainer, Olimar, Ike, all the heavies, really). I hope they continue to roll out minor changes at regular intervals.

As someone who's been riding the buff/nerf cycle for about a decade before this in various MMOs, it seems better to make minor tweaks to characters and see how they play out through multiple patches then to hit them really hard with buffs or nerfs, even if they need it. Too often the pendulum swings in the opposite direction and everything goes to hell

Closest Smash equivalent I can think of is Brawl MK to launch SSB4 MK

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Finally got my codes

Now to just survive the next 4 hours...

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cuckoo posted:

As someone who's been riding the buff/nerf cycle for about a decade before this in various MMOs, it seems better to make minor tweaks to characters and see how they play out through multiple patches then to hit them really hard with buffs or nerfs, even if they need it. Too often the pendulum swings in the opposite direction and everything goes to hell

Closest Smash equivalent I can think of is Brawl MK to launch SSB4 MK
Yeah, you're probably right. And the worst pendulum swing was 64 Kirby to Melee Kirby.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Huh, I downloaded Mewtwo, but he's not showing up on the character select screen for me. Anyone else having this issue?

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yeah, you're probably right. And the worst pendulum swing was 64 Kirby to Melee Kirby.

Oh god I must have PTSDed that one :qq: As someone who played Kirby in both games because I liked the franchise rather than worrying about his OP factor, that was loving crushing

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

LordHippoman posted:

Huh, I downloaded Mewtwo, but he's not showing up on the character select screen for me. Anyone else having this issue?

Try closing out the game and reloading it again, it might still need to download some patches or something. It's weird.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

LordHippoman posted:

Have you fulfilled his unlock criteria in game?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

LordHippoman posted:

Make sure your game is patched. Wii U games in particular like to download the DLC unlock key...but not the patch that actually adds the content (had the same problems with Hyrule Warriors)

Aston posted:

Have you fulfilled his unlock criteria in game?

There isn't one; he just pops up the next time you boot the game up

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cuckoo posted:

Oh god I must have PTSDed that one :qq: As someone who played Kirby in both games because I liked the franchise rather than worrying about his OP factor, that was loving crushing
In the same way that there's never been a Smash character as powerful as Brawl MK, there's never been one as bad as Melee Kirby.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

NTT posted:

I remain dubious since I've had poor results with just any old usb/ethernet adapter.

My Best Buy USB-ethernet adapter I got for like $15 works great.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Evil Eagle posted:

It does not, I have a 10 dollar one from amazon that works.
Make/model? It'd all depend on what on-board drivers they ship with.

Manic Mailman
Jul 2, 2004
Just trust him and buy any ten dollar one guy.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

notoriousman posted:

Make/model? It'd all depend on what on-board drivers they ship with.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00F41TWAO/ref=pd_aw_sbs_vg_1?refRID=1A09BAFYWP67RPJHJKW8

I use this one.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
My external HD died and now I have to redownload smash to internal flash and I've lost all my game progress :negative:

my hubris has bested me

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

My external HD died and now I have to redownload smash to internal flash and I've lost all my game progress :negative:

my hubris has bested me

Sup lost game progress buddy, I have to buy a new Wii U. :smith: :hf: :smith: Thankfully I didn't really get too deep into the solo game and mostly just played with people/tried to get better so there were no rear end in a top hat hard challenges or super rare trophies lost.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.
Still waiting on my blasted code :argh:

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

Alxprit posted:

Try closing out the game and reloading it again, it might still need to download some patches or something. It's weird.

This fixed it up fine for me, thanks.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I can't believe my best friends ness and mega man have changed

why even live anymore

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.
If it turns out that my main man C. Falcon's been nerfed to hell, I'm going to be very upset with Sakurai.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Did no one consider that Mewtwo might have special moves that need to be unlocked like everyone else?

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

Little Mac posted:

Did no one consider that Mewtwo might have special moves that need to be unlocked like everyone else?

Yes. He doesn't have any custom moves. The game even tells you that no others are available when you try to customize him.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

This is the best thing about the update/DLC, this one congratulations image. Scholars will debate what message exactly it's trying to convey for years.

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

This reddit post might be of interest to some people here. Good news is it seems like they're pretty certain about Falcon being unchanged.

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

Get outta town, Diddy. There's a new top tier character so good that even when he loses, he still wins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrOcFw0AKnA

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

Bluff Buster posted:

Get outta town, Diddy. There's a new top tier character so good that even when he loses, he still wins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrOcFw0AKnA

Is this part of the new update?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I hope we get more trophies in the future, now that they've shown they're okay with putting in new ones for the DLC characters.

Specifically I hope every character who's company has been campaigning for their character to get votes for that ballot gets a trophy, Rayman style.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I hope we get more trophies in the future, now that they've shown they're okay with putting in new ones for the DLC characters.

Specifically I hope every character who's company has been campaigning for their character to get votes for that ballot gets a trophy, Rayman style.

This would be a cool compromise. More trophies are fine by me.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Cuckoo posted:

Someone share's my pain.

At least he's good in Project: M and ok in Smash 4. 3/4 games playable isn't too bad of a record.

C. Falcon from Melee to Brawl was also a very sad thing but Vanilla Brawl kinda sucked in general.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

These loss.jpg edits are getting loving weird

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Apparently your profile stays selected on all modes now?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Macaluso posted:

Apparently your profile stays selected on all modes now?

Yep, went from multi to single to smash tour and my profile stayed the same.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Got a GameCube adaptor and my friend mewtwo has returned

Good day

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

MykonosFan posted:

This would be a cool compromise. More trophies are fine by me.

I know people are upset over the lack of customs and guidances for Mewtwo, but honestly I was expecting there to not even be any new trophies for the guy, considering we already had two Mewtwo trophies in the base game. The fact that they've seemingly gotten over the "Just Mewtwo and that's it." funk they were giving off concerning updates and DLC around release gives me hope that they're continually working on the game now as "Smash 6" and poo poo, maybe in the future we'll get custom moves and stuff for DLC characters. We still haven't even gotten the Miiverse stage yet.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
Mewtwo doesn't have the cool weapon spin attack with melee items anymore :(

Tardcore fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Apr 15, 2015

Waverhouse
Jun 8, 2009

A highly sophisticated simpleton.
It looks like pretty minor buffs to most of the cast and a big bring down of Diddy. I wish they would have lowered Luma's HP even more. Most of the time it dies from falling off stage and 4 percent hardly seems enough to make it worth attacking to kill via HP reduction.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I'm so glad Diddy's been nerfed.

Surprised Ike has seemingly no change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

They should have moved a standalone character to the top row on the character select screen, so Link and Kirby wouldn't be separated from their friends.

• Locked thread