Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

LiquidFriend posted:

It saved my rear end a lot when I would solo on a mage job.

I don't think i've ever seen a PC cast it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Paladine_PSoT posted:

I died a lot trying to reapply blink/stoneskin or curing myself until I remembered the spell existed while mage soloing.

I stopped dying once I put in a 300% effort.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

CubsWoo posted:

Must already be November for the proofreaders

"A lot of stats, we're not getting paid enough for this."

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

DizzyBum posted:

"A lot of stats, we're not getting paid enough for this."

it's puppetmaster, nobody will notice, and nobody will care.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
Stop calling Jadey a nobody! :(

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Valle posted:

Stop calling Jadey a nobody! :(

Ok, fine, nobody else will notice, and certainly nobody will care.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

SMN is kinda irrelevant too.

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Wow. Really? Aquaveil is pretty important. I tried to keep it up constantly when I ran Yorcia Alluvion the other day.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

SMN is kinda irrelevant too.

https://youtu.be/PvqyMyZM1qY

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Paladine_PSoT posted:

It got changed a few years ago to instead prevent X spell interrupts and then wear off, instead of the old way where it just gave a lovely tiny chance to prevent every spell interrupt.

taels
Oct 19, 2012

K:CID:X

My Friend Radio posted:

Are there any reasonable fishing bots these days? A few years ago that's how I made most of my money - idling moat carp overnight. Similarly with raising enhancing and/or summoning and/or healing magic skill - with spellcast being excluded from current windower builds, is there any automated way to ignore that tedium?
whoaa whoaa windower4 had integrated spellcast wtf happened. Are all my xmls worthless, is it time to go 100% ashita/lua?

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

It broke in an update and the devs never fixed it. So yeah they are useless. :(

Gearswap is miles better anyways, so while it's a bit of work you'll be glad you made the swap.

taels
Oct 19, 2012

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

It broke in an update and the devs never fixed it. So yeah they are useless. :(

Gearswap is miles better anyways, so while it's a bit of work you'll be glad you made the swap.

But but but...

800 loving lines for my ninja alone!

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

taels posted:

But but but...

There are p.good templates for it on bluegartrs forums.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

taels posted:

whoaa whoaa windower4 had integrated spellcast wtf happened. Are all my xmls worthless, is it time to go 100% ashita/lua?

I didn't realize this happened until I got into an ouryu ii pick up group as the healer and we all ran in. The entire party wiped because my macros were ultra-broken-as-gently caress.

Many merits were lost that day and I made a wonderful name for myself on asura.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

E: nvm, can't read.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

taels posted:

But but but...

http://sc2lua.windower.net/

It's really janky but this will convert Spellcast XML to Gearswap Luas

taels
Oct 19, 2012

You can bee my hero baby

Kazy posted:

http://sc2lua.windower.net/

It's really janky but this will convert Spellcast XML to Gearswap Luas
you can bee my hero baybayyy

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
What happened to that cool guildwork thread about tryhards and running around aimlessly in vagary

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

CubsWoo posted:

What happened to that cool guildwork thread about tryhards and running around aimlessly in vagary

When are you going to quit quetz and move to asura?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Gruknor posted:

When are you going to quit quetz and move to asura?

Jadey already moved to Odin or something.

And I deleted that thread :v: Worked it out with the dude but Jesus.

Awesome OClock
May 24, 2013

A steaming pile of awesome... Covered in syrup.
Re-upped last week, and my server is dead. Many goons still playing? Would it be worth transferring?

Zombie Souffle
Feb 3, 2010
We have a decent group of regulars on Asura. Things have just been kinda spotty since it's getting close to final exams for some people.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
People come and go, it is the way of things especially with an older mmo. If you do decide to join us on Asura, make a post saying you are on the server, your character's in game name and we will try our best to get you pearled.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Might be worth transferring, a ton of NA players seem to be migrating to Asura. I just transferred a week or two ago and it's weird to actually see people around again. Also the fact that SE said they weren't even going to consider merges until November.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

My wife just reupped and created a new taru on Asura. This should be interesting.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Getting tired of Unity Wanted drops telling me to properly equip my mages. Thanks, the Marin Staff is nice and all, but I want that friggin kukri you dumb bird.:mad:

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Shinjobi posted:

Getting tired of Unity Wanted drops telling me to properly equip my mages. Thanks, the Marin Staff is nice and all, but I want that friggin kukri you dumb bird.:mad:

I did six buffalo pops and I got two yellow rocks out of it. I also got two refraction crystals.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Kazy posted:

Might be worth transferring, a ton of NA players seem to be migrating to Asura. I just transferred a week or two ago and it's weird to actually see people around again. Also the fact that SE said they weren't even going to consider merges until November.

I would not be surprised to hear about server merges before they release the last expansion pack.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Gruknor posted:

I would not be surprised to hear about server merges before they release the last expansion pack.

Noooope.

quote:

Q: Are there plans to merge servers due to the declining player base?

A: At least until the completion of “Rhapsodies of Vana’diel” in November 2015, there are no plans for merging unless something major comes up. After completion, we do have some plans in the event that players are giving feedback about not being able to form parties and more players voicing their requests for server merges. As far as how we’ll merge, we’ll be looking into how to handle this such as merging two Worlds into one World, or transferring players from one World to a World of their choosing.

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!
They've done server merges in the past, why is their stance now "Well we don't want to currently, but if we do down the road we'll have to figure out how to first."

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Male of the Century posted:

They've done server merges in the past, why is their stance now "Well we don't want to currently, but if we do down the road we'll have to figure out how to first."

So they can milk money by people transferring themselves.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
There's still a slim chance populations could see an increase when the big finale rolls around.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

I plan to resub for the finale. Might as well see the story through.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Male of the Century posted:

PS2 limitations

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Gruknor posted:

PS2 limitations

does anybody actually still play this poo poo on a PS2? For that matter, does anybody still even have a working PS2?

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

I plan to resub for the finale. Might as well see the story through.

Same. Possibly before that even!

brokenknee posted:

does anybody actually still play this poo poo on a PS2? For that matter, does anybody still even have a working PS2?

Never played it on the PS2. As for having a working one, yes! Modchipped and everything.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
In the continuing misadventures of "Shinjobi is dragged kicking and screaming into decent mage gear," tonight I went 3/3 on respite cloak drops.

My WHM is slowly being built, it seems. Guess it's time to actually learn the job.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Shinjobi posted:

In the continuing misadventures of "Shinjobi is dragged kicking and screaming into decent mage gear," tonight I went 3/3 on respite cloak drops.

My WHM is slowly being built, it seems. Guess it's time to actually learn the job.

Whm is easy to gear for, but a pain to learn because people do not give you slack on healer, tank or ccer. All I know is the empy whm legs are really good and that cure potency caps at 50%. You also want to get rdm and sch to 49, cap healing/enhancing/enfeebling magics and maybe staff and club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Valle posted:

Same. Possibly before that even!

Never played it on the PS2. As for having a working one, yes! Modchipped and everything.

We are on Asura, the server's population fluxates from 680-1080 from low to high peak times. Population is better than quetz, people are always doing different stuff and it is relatively easy to fill up a shout group. If it takes you awhile, either people don't need it or you have a bad reputation like Snowvilliers, think Wolfevangelist only without the four chars at once thing.