Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

Cakefool posted:

Just have the dog a none-too-gentle nudge with the foot (sorry animal lovers) because he deliberately rolled a football under my feet as I was walking an uneven path, carrying a heavy basket with no view of my feet. If I'd have gone over I'd have been off work for months knowing my luck. As it was I've :airquote: only :airquote: jarred my back.

Cue wife shouting at me about kicking the dog, no loving concern for the sole breadwinner or his spine.

And we're looking after the in-laws dumb untrained poorly behaved golden retriever next week as well, funny how I had no say in that but when we go away we pay for a kennel. I might be working overtime next week.

If you ever kick a dog again I'll loving kill you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Yeah idk why you'd admit to kicking a dog, no matter how gentle. Pushing a dog away with your foot is one thing but in a dogs mind theres no such thing as a gentle kick

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

My FIL smacked my puppy after he had an accident on the rug and I lost my poo poo on him for doing that when this isn't loving 1960 any more and that will only make the dog afraid of you and probably aggressive. I can't imagine kicking a dog jfc

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Cakefool posted:

Just have the dog a none-too-gentle nudge with the foot (sorry animal lovers) because he deliberately rolled a football under my feet as I was walking an uneven path, carrying a heavy basket with no view of my feet. If I'd have gone over I'd have been off work for months knowing my luck. As it was I've :airquote: only :airquote: jarred my back.

Cue wife shouting at me about kicking the dog, no loving concern for the sole breadwinner or his spine.

And we're looking after the in-laws dumb untrained poorly behaved golden retriever next week as well, funny how I had no say in that but when we go away we pay for a kennel. I might be working overtime next week.

It's not like the dog did it with malicious intent to hurt you. Jesus Christ dude.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

CharlesM posted:

Stay hydrated!

I did. About 1 AM as I was dozing, trying to actually sleep, I suddenly realized that the stomach pain was gone. Slept soundly through the night. Still a little tired, but felt good enough to go to work. Still feel pretty decent after lunch (took it easy - a PBJ and some yogurt.) I hate being actually sick on sick days. :P

iwentdoodie posted:

Edit: so my 10lb dog ate a bag of mixed chocolate candy a couple days ago. He just poo poo in the floor and there was literally a turd in a snickers wrapper.

Seen that before. You just have to laugh.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Sometimes I learn too much about AI members. :(

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

The dog isn't hurt and isn't in the slightest bit scared of me, geez it was a nudge not a kick. I'll just lie here with my bad back then.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

:qq: MY DOG PURPOSEFULLY PUT A TOY IN MY PATH BECAUSE HE LOVES ME AND WANTS TO PLAY WITH ME EVEN THOUGH I'M WAY TOO BUSY AND GROUCHY TO CARE AND MY BACK IS hosed UP BECAUSE OF IT :qq:

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

Cakefool posted:

The dog isn't hurt and isn't in the slightest bit scared of me, geez it was a nudge not a kick. I'll just lie here with my bad back then.

If you haven't figured out that AI is Pet Island 2 : Electric Boogaloo by now I dunno what to say. Don't beat your dog up over it just wanting to play. Dog brains aren't logical and malicious. They're not cats for god's sake.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
To be clear - I was just joking so you don't need to worry about me killing you or anything.

Dogs are durable and derpy, he's forgotten all about it already. It's your wife that will remember it til the day you die.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
I need a new job, I'm not cut out for this one but I have no idea what else I could do. What does it take to get a networking tech certification? I used to do networking QA in video games and quite enjoyed that.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Yeah I'm mostly joking too, he's probably fine, though it seems you have communication issues to work out with your missus.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

DICKPOCALYPSE NOW posted:

So down here in Cali

You gonna still be in the area for the (tentative) Saturday meetup/drive (which I might not even be able to make) that's been mentioned in the James Wood thread?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Ever had a bad back?

I'll post you my dog. You can feed it to your puppy.

E:

Tusen Takk posted:

Yeah I'm mostly joking too, he's probably fine, though it seems you have communication issues to work out with your missus.

The dog asleep upside down on my legs seems to have quickly convinced her I'm not a Disney villain.

I'll still post you the dog.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Cakefool posted:

Ever had a bad back?

I'll post you my dog. You can feed it to your puppy.

E:

The dog asleep upside down on my legs seems to have quickly convinced her I'm not a Disney villain.

I'll still post you the dog.

My dog literally caused me to tear my acl a year ago, which I just had surgery for.

Still didn't kick him. Although I wanted to earlier when he poo poo out a pre wrapped turd. But I didn't.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rascal enjoys gnawing on my kitchen table and every time he does i put him in his crate where he cries bloody murder for five minutes because he doesn't get any toys when he's being a bad boy.

He shat all over my kitchen floor yesterday which was awesome.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Dogs are garbage but still don't kick them

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Loki (my dumb choice 7 years ago) sleeps in a crate, it's the only place he's happy. But he only feels secure if there's a little fleece blanket over the door of the cage.

He also spent nearly half an hour earlier barking and whining at a dead tree a pigeon flew out of. That's barking after the pigeon left.

E: my farts offend him, he's got off me now.
If you think I'm the worst person for nudging the dog I'm not going to convince you otherwise but the only time I've kicked a dog was when it was attacking my dog and I.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

go3 posted:

Dogs are garbage but still don't kick them

I want to kick you for that wrong opinion, tbh

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rascal has decided that my shoes are much better of a chew than Lambchop is.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Cakefool posted:

Loki (my dumb choice 7 years ago) sleeps in a crate, it's the only place he's happy. But he only feels secure if there's a little fleece blanket over the door of the cage.

I literally suffocate helpless animals according to this

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

Cakefool posted:

I literally suffocate helpless animals

YOU PIECE OF poo poo

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I drop kicked a puppy into a wood chipper once.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I imprison them too, and deny them tasty tasty wheat-based foods (because the little git is allergic)

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
I waterboard all animals I can find. The more helpless they are the worse they get it.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I eat animals and find them delicious

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

15 minutes of yoga breathing exercises has relaxed my back so I walked up and down the garden kicking the dog the ball for the dog, are you happy now.

If you lot are so good at dog whispering tell me how to deal with the in-laws golden retriever: no sense of personal space and will just barge through you if you're in the way. I'm genuinely scared she'll hurt my daughter, who is about 15% her weight.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Can't you just kick it like you do with your other dog?

Can you put the daughter in a kennel maybe?

Seriously, the best thing that YOU can do is make sure your daughter knows to stay out of the dogs way. If it's an old dog and your parents don't have a problem with it, it's pretty unlikely to change it's opinions on personal space. It sounds like it's just walking into her?

Astonishing Wang fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Apr 15, 2015

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Raluek posted:

You gonna still be in the area for the (tentative) Saturday meetup/drive (which I might not even be able to make) that's been mentioned in the James Wood thread?

Gotta be at san jose airport at 4:30 saturday, what are the details?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
also to continue animal chat i wait for my cat to fall asleep and fart directly onto his face

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

It barges into everybody. It's not old though, 4 I think? We have baby gates in to the kitchen door and at the top and bottom of the stairs, we can section things off if either of them gets too rowdy

THIS IS THE FEROCIOUS BEAST THAT ATTACKED ME

HE KNOWS NO MERCY

HE KNOWS NOTHING

E: I'm using this as the "some of my best friends are..." defense

cakesmith handyman fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Apr 15, 2015

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
50% chance i quit by monday, i just canīt deal with the bullshit.

After the loving bus of the risers incident all my guys, including me are getting health and safety training (mandatory) over two saturdays, zero reprocussions for the bus drivers. And when i went totally loving ballistic on the HR-director for the bus line i am now persona non grata anywhere in the building except the shop. The reason i went of is that they are pinning the blame on the tech working the order when the bus got damaged. I saved his job but it is utter war out there now. I had to pull down a sign on our entrance declaring that "busdriver entering shop premises will be doused in diesel and set on fire"

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

On the dog note my dog now sleeps exclusively under my bed. He'll maybe spend 10-15 minutes on top with me then decided gently caress that and jumps off and goes under. Can't convince him to come back up after that.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Looking at those staged photographs I'd like to point out that no matter how terrible a person I may be I'm not a Man United fan, the neighbors kid kicked it over.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

fjelltorsk posted:

50% chance i quit by monday, i just canīt deal with the bullshit.

After the loving bus of the risers incident all my guys, including me are getting health and safety training (mandatory) over two saturdays, zero reprocussions for the bus drivers. And when i went totally loving ballistic on the HR-director for the bus line i am now persona non grata anywhere in the building except the shop. The reason i went of is that they are pinning the blame on the tech working the order when the bus got damaged. I saved his job but it is utter war out there now. I had to pull down a sign on our entrance declaring that "busdriver entering shop premises will be doused in diesel and set on fire"

Yea, that doesn't sound like a healthy work environment. I have no idea why they would want to pin the blame on someone other than the bus driver, I mean he was the guy who did it, and why would you want him driving your bus if he's that stupid?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Found a pile of muddy treat-sized chocolate bars(wrapped) in the shed as I was locking up for the night, according to the wife the dog stole a bag of them weeks ago and buried them all over the garden. My dog is the worst Easter bunny ever.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Guys, I'm addicted to 3D printers. Help me.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

AI Hive Mind posted:

:dogbutton:
I really like dogs, but I get what Cakefool's talking about. Shoving the dog out the way like that isn't really that bad. Besides, too many people refuse to assert themselves over their animals, and they get all dominant and aggressive (people who think their dogs think of them as "mummy" and "daddy", I'm looking at you).

On the other hand, if someone kicked/hit a dog of mine and meant it, I'd probably go apeshit.

Cakefool posted:

Found a pile of muddy treat-sized chocolate bars(wrapped) in the shed as I was locking up for the night, according to the wife the dog stole a bag of them weeks ago and buried them all over the garden. My dog is the worst Easter bunny ever.
Better watch that, they're no good for him at all.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

cakefool, look into the book treating your own back.

http://www.amazon.com/Treat-Your-Back-Robin-McKenzie/dp/0959774661

I do a few exercises a day and am better off for it. My sisters back is worse than mine and she hasn't had to have any extra stuff done after she had to have an epidural a few years ago. Trying to avoid the spinal fusion like my father ended up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Pham Nuwen posted:

So what do all the Danish moms do? Because American moms, a crucial part of any gym's income stream, seem to require complex machines which each work exactly one thing.

It's mostly a crossfit/lifting gym, so it sits comfortably outside the standard gym world.

I figure mostly moms just go to the hundreds of cookie cutter machine gyms. We do actually have a couple of moms (or at least mom-age women), especially now that we've got mobility/yoga classes too.

It's so nice to be free of the forests of useless crap machines.

Speaking of moms (grandmas, actually), here's a fun little video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRBAZJ4lF0U

Don't worry, it's not your typical "420 SMOKE WEED ERRYDAY" type video.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Apr 15, 2015

• Locked thread