Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Maybe once all the DLC is out they'll rearange the character select screen so it finally makes sense, and the clones aren't off on their own as their own "series".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Everyone's glad Diddy got nerfed but what if those nerfs were stealth buffs like that Norcal guy said????

Diddy 4 lyfe.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I would be very surprised if reduced damage almost across the board+lower knockback on kill moves was a stealth buff

that said diddy will still be fine

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
So is Doctor Mario's recovery any better?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I'm glad of Samus' slight buffs but why on earth was her D-Throw knockback decreased?

e: is mewtwo seriously even lighter than in melee lmao

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
If you believe hard enough all your favorite characters got buffed for the next week until someone actually makes a comparison video

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Maybe once all the DLC is out they'll rearange the character select screen so it finally makes sense, and the clones aren't off on their own as their own "series".

Clones stay in the clone section, aspiring to one day be different enough like Luigi and Toon Link to escape.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Clones stay in the clone section, aspiring to one day be different enough like Luigi and Toon Link to escape.

Ain't no ghetto like the Clone Ghetto

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

If they just swapped ROB and Mewtwo this would Make so much more sense. Not the only issue with the current CSS, but at least the pokemon would be in a line.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

A+B smash attacks are a cool thing that make pivot-smashes easier

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.
http://gfycat.com/RigidInbornDanishswedishfarmdog
I made this terrible cell phone video gif out of one of my old replays before the update. Turns out Kirby isn't safe from Falcon Punch inside his down-B forms.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

IronicDongz posted:

If they just swapped ROB and Mewtwo this would Make so much more sense. Not the only issue with the current CSS, but at least the pokemon would be in a line.

This is horrible lol.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Ruggington posted:

A+B smash attacks are a cool thing that make pivot-smashes easier

The A+B input isn't literally A+B it's Normal+Special and since I have mine mapped to A+Y I can't perform this technique..........

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I think moving the Mii Fighters to the top left instead of the bottom right would be a decent fix to the character select screen. Puts everyone back on their old row at least.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZzMbI-mSo&feature=youtu.be&t=29s

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I don't mind that Mewtwo is in a DLC group at the end of the select screen. But they should have moved someone like Captain Falcon or ROB up to the top row next to Little Mac, bumping Link and Kirby down a row where they belong. This is important to me.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

IronicDongz posted:

I'm so glad Diddy's been nerfed.

Surprised Ike has seemingly no change.
Ike was buffed because he now has one more friend to fight for

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.
Testing out the characters I play most (Robin, Dedede, Wario, Lucina, Samus, Meta Knight, Charizard), the differences, if any, seem very minor. Thoron does less damage now, oddly. Did anyone think Thoron was too good? It has a long charge up time, a long starting animation and you had to be at pretty high %'s to die from it. I guess you'll need to be at even higher percents now ><.

Also...anybody else still waiting on their code? I've still yet to get mine.

Zertoss
Apr 29, 2009

Fhate posted:

If you're using Gmail, check under the Promotions tab. That's where mine showed up.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Ike's sympathy slightly buffed

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Fhate posted:

Still waiting here as well, but if I remember when I got my 3DS demo codes they came later in the day too so I'll hold off for a little longer before I start to get antsy about it...

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

Zertoss posted:

If you're using Gmail, check under the Promotions tab. That's where mine showed up.

Not using gmail. Guess they're just dragging their asses about it.

Incidentally, after playing Robin some in For Glory, her smashes seem to KO earlier than before, particularly her down smash.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Fhate posted:

Not using gmail. Guess they're just dragging their asses about it.

Incidentally, after playing Robin some in For Glory, her smashes seem to KO earlier than before, particularly her down smash.

Are you opt out of Promotional emails from Nintendo?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Sire Oblivion posted:

Are you opt out of Promotional emails from Nintendo?

I op out and I got mine this morning.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Add me to the list of people that still haven't gotten theirs yet. It's not in the promotional folder either :smith:

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Treebeh posted:

http://gfycat.com/RigidInbornDanishswedishfarmdog
I made this terrible cell phone video gif out of one of my old replays before the update. Turns out Kirby isn't safe from Falcon Punch inside his down-B forms.

how necessary is a 107mb gif

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

whaley posted:

how necessary is a 107mb gif

Probably not very, but a 12 MB webm is easier to digest

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Apparently Game & Watch's uptlit got changed to have more knockback which I don't care about, and his down smash got buffed to kill at lower damage/have a better hitbox which I do care about. I'm happy for my friend, Mister Game And Watch. God bless him

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
When does the DLC character poll end?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Anatharon posted:

Whenever they decide to stop making DLC I guess. There's no deadline.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Anatharon posted:

October 3rd, so you got p-lenty of time. Whoever's chosen probably won't be released until around this time next year.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I played a few rounds as Mewtwo and I kinda like how he plays. His moves feel so visceral and comboing Side B to Shadow Ball is great.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

http://i.imgur.com/kePePdy.png

Well then.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Pretty sure that was proven fake hours ago.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

jivjov posted:

Pretty sure that was proven fake hours ago.

All I've seen is everyone waiting for a second dataminer to confirm the files are there or not, no other debunking or anything. Did someone else post info?

TCRF is usually pretty legit, unless they're playing along, which I don't think they'd have a reason to do.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

all I want to know is if a second Capcom rep being in helps or hurts Phoenix Wright's chances

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

When is Frank West going to make his Smash Brothers debut

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

If that leak is true then that means Dreamland 64 will probably be in Smash 3D, because the original guy looked at some of the other tracks and found this song and this song.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

I want to know why they needed to add duplicate victory themes for Roy and Lucas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

TheKingofSprings posted:

all I want to know is if a second Capcom rep being in helps or hurts Phoenix Wright's chances

I think the better question is, if Ryu really does join Smash, does that count as Namco fulfilling the SF agreement that got us Capcom ' s SFxT?

• Locked thread