Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Regarding the Type 59, here's what it says in the 8.2 patch notes:

quote:

Type 59:

Increased the traverse speed from 45 to 46 deg/sec.
Reduced the gun dispersion during vehicle rotation by 5%.
Reduced ground resistance by 10%.
Changed the Norinco 12150L engine tier from IX to VIII.
Repair cost of Norinco 12150L engine has been increased by 22%.
Weight of the hull increased from 15,400kg to 16,478kg.
Armoring of the Type 59 turret increased from 104mm to 130mm.
Armoring of the Type 59 hull sides decreased from 65mm to 60mm.
Reloading time of the Type 59 100mm gun increased from 8.0 sec to 8.7sec.
<penetration and damage buffed> *
Increased the tower traverse speed from 45 to 46 deg/sec.
*: I truncated the shell-by-shell breakdown for clarity.

As far as I can tell, that overall buff was the last time the tank has been touched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012
Just a reminder to always pay attention to WG's stupid specials and put in the minimum effort to do stupid poo poo. I just got 15k gold and an FCM 50T because I copy-pasted someone's bracket for the clan invitational.

Gg.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

JohnGalt posted:

Just a reminder to always pay attention to WG's stupid specials and put in the minimum effort to do stupid poo poo. I just got 15k gold and an FCM 50T because I copy-pasted someone's bracket for the clan invitational.

Gg.

Well now I feel dumb.. I remember seeing it but gave up on deciding the bracket didn't realise I should find a smart person and copy their bracket.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I didn't even know brackets were a thing

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!
I've discovered a new tank to pad my WN8 in.

The Conqueror. Just by doing my HP in damage it puts me in the teal range of WN8. I know the tank is rubbish with the 20pdr but holy hell just by not sucking I am doing very well.

And yes i did spend a lot of time sucking in it before it clicked. Not a tank that can carry with ease or bully lower tiers.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Foxtrot_13 posted:

The Conqueror. Just by doing my HP in damage it puts me in the teal range of WN8. I know the tank is rubbish with the 20pdr but holy hell just by not sucking I am doing very well.

And yes i did spend a lot of time sucking in it before it clicked. Not a tank that can carry with ease or bully lower tiers.

The Conq with the top gun is a scary thing. Especially if you play it "correctly". It is super loving great.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Foxtrot_13 posted:

The Conqueror is a fantastic tank and the top gun on it is amazing. A lot of people complain about the top turret sucking but I bounce plenty of shots with it. Also HESH can lead to very funny things.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Potentially stupid question. I got my first MOE yesterday (American tank), but I don't see the star on the barrel in the garage or in game. Is there something else I have to do to add that inch to my microscopic epeen?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
What are marks of excellence anyway? That's something that was added while I was away from the game for a while.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Azhais posted:

What are marks of excellence anyway? That's something that was added while I was away from the game for a while.

For playing a certain number of games doing more damage than the peasants you get a penis notch on the barrel of your tank. It is suppose to be impressive or something :shrug:

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Azhais posted:

The badly translated writeup is here. Starting with 9.1, if your average damage in a tank is higher than 65/85/95% of the people who played that tank in the last 14 days, you get a nation-appropriate mark on your gun tube.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!
Finally got the mastery in the Bulldog.

1,519 base xp
6 kills
2,413 damage done
3,144 spotting damage

I was about to ask if anyone has got more than 1519 base xp in the thing but someone will show a 1700 xp game

Now with the replay if you fancy watching me get lucky against the T28 Proto

http://wotreplays.com/site/1801421?secret=1bfbec431b639607dbf1dc0e38d59a67

Foxtrot_13 fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Apr 15, 2015

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

saintonan posted:

Potentially stupid question. I got my first MOE yesterday (American tank), but I don't see the star on the barrel in the garage or in game. Is there something else I have to do to add that inch to my microscopic epeen?
In settings there's an option where you can choose whether or not to display marks of excellence. You might have your box unchecked.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Ensign, I noticed a thread on the forums called "T___A Memorial Compendium". What happened to T&A?

Foxtrot_13 posted:

I was about to ask if anyone has got more than 1519 base xp in the thing but someone will show a 1700 xp game

My first Ace in it, I went mid on Lakeville, shot a ton of enemy tanks, spotted others, and the enemy team refused to move or fire back at me. It was the most boring game I have ever played in the M41.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Good news Ensign.. AW is just as miserable and un-enjoyable as WoT only it has modern tanks. :/ I played a little over two hours and quit already.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Hellsau posted:

Ensign, I noticed a thread on the forums called "T___A Memorial Compendium". What happened to T&A?

He got banned from the WoT forums. Probably for the better actually, the official forums are liquefacted giraffe rear end.

Foxtrot_13 posted:

My ace game in it was about 1750 xp, 5,300 spotting and 3,600 damage on Prok in tier 10 game (of course, I didn't have LT-15 on :suicide:).

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

demonR6 posted:

AW is just as miserable and un-enjoyable as WoT only it has modern tanks.

So its good then?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

BadLlama posted:

So its good then?

It sure is.. I uninstalled it an hour before the first day of alpha ended. Heh.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Once I get into the AW beta I'll at least play it a little to see how it is.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Hellsau posted:

Permaban from the official WoT forums with an extra special "if you ever come back with an alt account we will end you" clause.

demonR6 posted:

Good news Ensign.. AW is just as miserable and un-enjoyable as WoT only it has modern tanks. :/ I played a little over two hours and quit already.

I managed to squeeze in two matches between the time the update finished and the time the server went down. It's just WoT but with floatier controls and an interface that makes mysterious booping noises at me.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Ensign Expendable posted:

Permaban from the official WoT forums with an extra special "if you ever come back with an alt account we will end you" clause.

Jesus Theodore______Australius, what the gently caress did you do?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
No seriously what did TA on the WoT forums?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Shadeoses posted:

No seriously what did TA on the WoT forums?

Seriously. Spill the beans.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

T___A trolled a pubbie too much, so they went and whined to moderation. Since WoT forums moderation has a severe excess of chromosome 21, they listened and banned him.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

LostCosmonaut posted:

T___A trolled a pubbie too much, so they went and whined to moderation. Since WoT forums moderation has a severe excess of chromosome 21, they listened and banned him.

Oh so he got popped for the usual anti-nazi stuff? Even if they're island-nazis, it's close enough that you always risk getting banned for taking a stand against fascist idolizers.

T___A
Jan 18, 2014

Nothing would go right until we had a dictator, and the sooner the better.

Hellsau posted:

Hellsau posted:

I pissed off a Florida man weaboo so much that they reported my posts every time I posted.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

T___A posted:

I pissed off a Florida man weaboo so much that they reported my posts every time I posted.

This is such a let down, much like everything else about this game.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
How do we know that Daigensui is in fact a Floridian man who pretends to be a Japanese woman who plays World of Tanks?

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Will they have a 2x every battle weekend for Hitler's birthday cause i wanna grind my T-54 a bit.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Fat Jesus posted:

Will they have a 2x every battle weekend for Hitler's birthday cause i wanna grind my T-54 a bit.

No, they're actually doing a 8.8x event in celebration. :godwinning: Happy Birthday Hitler! :toot: :hitler:

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Atomizer posted:

No, they're actually doing a 8.8x event in celebration. :godwinning: Happy Birthday Hitler! :toot: :hitler:

you only get the bonus if you sabotage your team's chance to win then drive off a cliff

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
Is the Obj 263 line as poo poo as it looks? No depression or alpha, seems like some kind of bad medium line?

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's basically the "well if you can get in a good position where your terrible gun depression is not a problem, against a team of brain dead morons, and you can keep on pumping round into the enemy while remaining unspotted, then it's very good, in any other situation, it's poo poo" TD line, at least from what I've seen (SU100M1 and 101), hopefully the SU122-54 will be better, at least only by virtue of looking rad. Obj263 looks to be very, very annoying to fight if they know how to position themselves tho, you basically have to fling HEAT into the gun mantlet to hope to pen them, and they can DPM you to death with ease.

In other news, I finally decided to play arty, and I got a bombardier on my first battle. Wait what do you mean the T49 isn't arty? I however proved once and for all HE is the superior shell type

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The 100M1 honestly isn't very good, the gun just isn't up to the job, but if you drive the very agile hull aggressively and put yourself in the right situations to compensate for poo poo depression on the right maps the Su-101 absolutely vomits high pen damage (top pen T-54 gun at tier 8), and you can rapidly crush anyone who makes the mistake of hitting open ground.

On some maps, ie Himmelsdorf, you're poo poo out of luck though, stay flat and try to flank is the only option with no sniping spots.

Not bought a Su-122-54 yet, and I've seen so few of them I can't even tell you what they're like to fight against. The 263 is a real bitch to fight though, it's not perfect but it does have an effective combo of gun, armour and mobility.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Apr 16, 2015

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.

Mesadoram posted:

The Conq with the top gun is a scary thing. Especially if you play it "correctly". It is super loving great.

Since I'm just finishing up the Caern and about to head to the Conqueror, could you clarify "correctly"?

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

maev posted:

Is the Obj 263 line as poo poo as it looks? No depression or alpha, seems like some kind of bad medium line?

It is an utterly poo poo line of armorless, bad accuracy TDs that having nothing going for them except speed. Then there is the 263 at the end which is so trolly, it makes the entire grind worth it.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

frood posted:

Since I'm just finishing up the Caern and about to head to the Conqueror, could you clarify "correctly"?

It is not a meaty tank, it will be penned. You will need to roll with a tank that can take a hit for you, or bait lower tier pubbies into taking a hit for you. It is basically a M103 with a better gun and less armor.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Is there a list of tanks currently in AW some where? I know its on NDA but gently caress you no one cares.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to not make the AT-2 experience awful? I have only had one game where I was top dog and it was legitimately fun pew pewing everything but all my other games I just get two shot by KV-85's and 150's since apparently auto aiming goes right for your weakspot.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Apr 16, 2015

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
Bought the SU100M1 and did 3k damage in it straight away. Yes I was top tier and managed to snipe churchills from the side in camo but I'm sure this will continue and 175 pen will not be a problem at all in the games to come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

maev posted:

Great camo, dpm, mobility, and aggressively sloped armour. Good soft stats too.

They are pretty difficult to work with, and you will hate them if you don't click with them. You can carry in them too, but it takes a lot of effort to get through them.

The top gun on each TD is usually a magnificent tier upgrade. I'm on the SU-122-54, and it's rough. But it gets the IS-8 gun with a 7.7 second reload,

Tahirovic posted:

It is an utterly poo poo line of armorless, bad accuracy TDs that having nothing going for them except speed. Then there is the 263 at the end which is so trolly, it makes the entire grind worth it.

errr, you're wrong