Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Hey so on the off chance any other Australians read this thread, Mewtwo code is up on Club Nintendo. Log in and press the arrow on the right of the "Important info on Club Nintendo" thing.

I mean, if you registered both versions of Smash and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Has anyone used this guide before to setup their streetpass relay? I can't seem to get it to work.

http://wololo.net/2014/07/17/3ds-meet-players-on-streetpass-without-buying-any-hardware-by-psgravity/

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Back a few weeks ago goons were posting links to Nintendo's store on eBay, where Nintendo sold the new3DS XL cradle (I guess it was technically the new3DS LL cradle) but I cannot find Nintendo's store on eBay for some reason (googling "Nintendo store ebay" is a wasted effort). Can someone link me to it please? I would like to buy it specifically from Nintendo because a few years ago I bought a Wii nunchuck from a Japanese seller on eBay and it turned out to be counterfeit (in one of the most convincing counterfeit boxes I ever saw in my life) so I am trying to prevent that from happening. Yes, people were counterfeiting a $15 Wii accessory.

So if anyone could link me to Nintendo's auctions for the cradle I'd appreciate it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Back a few weeks ago goons were posting links to Nintendo's store on eBay, where Nintendo sold the new3DS XL cradle (I guess it was technically the new3DS LL cradle) but I cannot find Nintendo's store on eBay for some reason (googling "Nintendo store ebay" is a wasted effort). Can someone link me to it please? I would like to buy it specifically from Nintendo because a few years ago I bought a Wii nunchuck from a Japanese seller on eBay and it turned out to be counterfeit (in one of the most convincing counterfeit boxes I ever saw in my life) so I am trying to prevent that from happening. Yes, people were counterfeiting a $15 Wii accessory.

So if anyone could link me to Nintendo's auctions for the cradle I'd appreciate it.

I was not aware Nintendo even has a eBay shop, if that is even accurate. You sure you don't mean their actual online store?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Junkie Disease posted:

VS its install base of new 3ds only and giant rpg port? No it sold alright.

Didn't it sell less than half the sales numbers of the N3DSXL? For the first (and only retail) exclusive for a new system, that's pretty abysmal.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I was not aware Nintendo even has a eBay shop, if that is even accurate. You sure you don't mean their actual online store?

Good catch. I must have confused goons who were buying it from Japan on eBay and goons who bought it on Nintendo's US site. When I checked yesterday, it wasn't on Nintendo's US site. I am guessing it didn't show up due to being out of stock.

Thank you. I will wait for store.nintendo.com to have them back in stock, which will probably be around the time they restock the Gamecube component cables.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Are there any buy 1 get 1 10% off or something deals? I'm planning on going out to get Story of Seasons and Xenoblade

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides
The cradle for the New XL was only on sale for like half an afternoon.

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend

tithin posted:

Has anyone used this guide before to setup their streetpass relay? I can't seem to get it to work.

http://wololo.net/2014/07/17/3ds-meet-players-on-streetpass-without-buying-any-hardware-by-psgravity/

Try it without a password on the wireless network. I haven't been able to get it to work with one.

The real attwifi hotspots dont have passwords and use browser auth on non-3DS/ATT phones.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
buy a mac and use relaymyhome

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

noirstronaut posted:

Or buy a Raspberry Pi and use Spillpass.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

mayodreams posted:

Try it without a password on the wireless network. I haven't been able to get it to work with one.

The real attwifi hotspots dont have passwords and use browser auth on non-3DS/ATT phones.

Then I've 0 idea why he chose to use that piece of software because it forces a minimum 8 character password :sigh:

Any other similar software I can use in its place?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

noirstronaut posted:

Better idea: don't do that

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I just read this on the Wikipedia page:

"Data can also be transferred to and from the SD card wirelessly using a PC running Windows 7 or higher."

How do I do his? I followed the citations and it brought me to two reviews that never mention it.

I am not talking about wirelessly transferring my old 3DS to my new3DS XL. It looks like it's saying you can modify the microSD card without ever plugging it into your PC? How does it do this? Act like an FTP wifi access point or something? Or is Wikipedia wrong?

Can I take a photo (for example) on the new3DS XL and transfer it to my PC without opening the back up or something? Or even delete it from my PC?

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

noirstronaut posted:

Are there any buy 1 get 1 10% off or something deals? I'm planning on going out to get Story of Seasons and Xenoblade

There's a 10% off games & electronics coupon on Target Cartwheel. Not sure if it expired yet.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Crawfish posted:

Hey so on the off chance any other Australians read this thread, Mewtwo code is up on Club Nintendo. Log in and press the arrow on the right of the "Important info on Club Nintendo" thing.

I mean, if you registered both versions of Smash and all.

I'm not Australian but I did just get an email with the Mewtwo codes in it, so I guess people should watch for that.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Mewtwo Smash 3DS code (NA) I don't need:

A0813VFC25MAG0DG

PM me or post here if you redeem it.

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend

tithin posted:

Then I've 0 idea why he chose to use that piece of software because it forces a minimum 8 character password :sigh:

Any other similar software I can use in its place?

All off the guides say you can use a password. I think one of the recent updates broke using Auth for streetpass as I got a new 3ds xl and tried like hell to get it to work for security reasons.

With it off I can change the MAC address on the AP and within a minute I have the green light.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

flyboi posted:

There's a 10% off games & electronics coupon on Target Cartwheel. Not sure if it expired yet.

It has. :negative:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Fuzz posted:

Didn't it sell less than half the sales numbers of the N3DSXL? For the first (and only retail) exclusive for a new system, that's pretty abysmal.

Not every single person likes RPGs. It sold through 60% of its initial stock at launch which is pretty decent. A hell of a lot of people upgraded to the new 3DS just to have the new hardware with no specific games in mind.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Just spend $20 on a ddwrt router imo it's easier and its always on.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Ok is Club Nintendo UK super sensitive? Was registering all the codes my friend has been hoarding over the years, we got about 3 in and it appears to have blocked my account from registering any more. Really annoying...

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I used this guide for Homepass.

moto
Aug 25, 2004

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I just read this on the Wikipedia page:

"Data can also be transferred to and from the SD card wirelessly using a PC running Windows 7 or higher."

How do I do his? I followed the citations and it brought me to two reviews that never mention it.

I am not talking about wirelessly transferring my old 3DS to my new3DS XL. It looks like it's saying you can modify the microSD card without ever plugging it into your PC? How does it do this? Act like an FTP wifi access point or something? Or is Wikipedia wrong?

Can I take a photo (for example) on the new3DS XL and transfer it to my PC without opening the back up or something? Or even delete it from my PC?

I followed a guide on the Nintendo support site and got it working. I deleted off a bunch of mp3s I had just kept copying over every time I changed cards/systems.
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14218

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

noirstronaut posted:

Are you using this? It's not working for me.

e: never mind, I just figured out what I was doing wrong.

Fix fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Apr 15, 2015

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

moto posted:

I followed a guide on the Nintendo support site and got it working. I deleted off a bunch of mp3s I had just kept copying over every time I changed cards/systems.
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14218

I searched all over for this and found nothing. Thank you so much!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Hooray, Puyo Puyo is coming at last to the west!

... As a mini-game in Project Mirai Remix.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
This might have something to do with 999 and Virtue's Last Reward. Maybe.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Thanks dude, I'll try this tonight

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I used the same one. Super easy and works if your wireless card is compatible.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Nettle Soup posted:

Ok is Club Nintendo UK super sensitive? Was registering all the codes my friend has been hoarding over the years, we got about 3 in and it appears to have blocked my account from registering any more. Really annoying...

Nope, I did the same thing a few weeks ago and didn't have any problems. Well, aside from most of the codes being expired.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Thanks, I sent off an email but no response yet... Annoying because between us we've managed to fish 25 codes out of various places.

AbsolutZeroGI
Sep 14, 2013

Don't tease the octopus kids!
Based on recommendations, I went and picked up Etrian Odyssey Unborn. It's my first Etrian Odyssey game and so far it's pretty decent.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but the story seems to help the game along a bit. At least for a noob like me. I dunno if I'd be able to get into a game like this without something to look forward to. Feels like having a point makes it fun...for me at least.

Any who, thanks for the recommendation. I will dump many hours of my life into this.

Now if only I could get into Radiant Historia this hard.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

That looks more like Ghost Trick to me :eyepop:.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Monkey Fracas posted:

Mewtwo Smash 3DS code (NA) I don't need:

A0813VFC25MAG0DG

PM me or post here if you redeem it.

Someone grabbed it without posting but still thanks for giving it away that was a cool thing.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

AbsolutZeroGI posted:

Based on recommendations, I went and picked up Etrian Odyssey Unborn. It's my first Etrian Odyssey game and so far it's pretty decent.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but the story seems to help the game along a bit. At least for a noob like me. I dunno if I'd be able to get into a game like this without something to look forward to. Feels like having a point makes it fun...for me at least.

Any who, thanks for the recommendation. I will dump many hours of my life into this.

Now if only I could get into Radiant Historia this hard.

In EO4 there is a story, but a lot of it it "hey, go here," then you grind for an hour to get there, then it says "hey, go here," again, rinse and repeat. Throw in a few boss fights along the way and that's the game.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Man, the internet sure did make upgrading the new 3ds micro SD card sound scarier than it actually is. It's irritating that we've regressed from an accessible SD card slot to popping off the back plate, but I've had a much harder time replacing Android phone batteries. Worst part was shelling out for the precision screwdriver set.

And relatedly, I'm digging the loving poo poo out of Xenoblade Chronicles. Never got a chance to play it on the Wii. The combat is giving me flashbacks to FFXII, which had my favorite FF battle system.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

extra stout posted:

Someone grabbed it without posting but still thanks for giving it away that was a cool thing.

It was probably a pubbie. These forums aren't private so anyone could see the code. This is why it's always stupid to just post a code in a regular Games thread, because there are a LOT of people that read these forums without an account because they don't wanna pay :10bux:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Fuzz posted:

It was probably a pubbie. These forums aren't private so anyone could see the code. This is why it's always stupid to just post a code in a regular Games thread, because there are a LOT of people that read these forums without an account because they don't wanna pay :10bux:

It's going for $4 on the SA Mart~~~~~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That looks more like Ghost Trick to me :eyepop:.

I get a Doge feeling myself.