Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Mad Dragon posted:

I would break her glass ceiling. :quagmire:

I guess after sequestration we could only afford to pay pilots .77 of what they're worth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Pesticide20 posted:

But what does the part at the end mean? I could follow it up until the thing about pips

The pipper is the crosshair as shown on the canopy of the F15 in the pic that started the discussion.

It's a nickname for predicted impact point or PIP marker

Also topical

kill me now fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Apr 14, 2015

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Kill everyone in the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds still

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
As gay as the blue angels probably are (because we all know how gay the military is), especially a unit dedicated to dog and pony shows, I still think it's pretty badass that they fly without g-suits.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

You know that one fucker in school? 4.0gpa? Captain of the varsity team? So handsome the janitor had to follow behind him to mop up all the dropped soaked panties he left in his wake?

I had one as a classmate and he just finished his time as a blue angel.

Really want to hate him but he's actually a nice guy. Fucker.

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9YtppJcH7w

ISIS suicide bomber hits Peshmerga IED is launched into the air. He detonates midair.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ron Jeremy posted:

You know that one fucker in school? 4.0gpa? Captain of the varsity team? So handsome the janitor had to follow behind him to mop up all the dropped soaked panties he left in his wake?

I had one as a classmate and he just finished his time as a blue angel.

Really want to hate him but he's actually a nice guy. Fucker.

Dude looks like he'd fit right in on a third Reich recruiting poster

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Zeris posted:

I guess after sequestration we could only afford to pay pilots .77 of what they're worth

The Navy maybe.

Air Force just bumped the pilot retention bonus up to $225,000 because apparently they're coming up short after kicking out over 400 pilots in the past couple of years.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

How loving gay must the military be where your job is to fly loving fighter jets and you still go "You know what, gently caress this I'm out"

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Bolow posted:

How loving gay must the military be where your job is to fly loving fighter jets and you still go "You know what, gently caress this I'm out"

You cut one cable car or lawn dart your hornet into an asian family's home and they get all A-BLOO BLOO BLOO :shrug:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Godholio posted:

The Navy maybe.

Air Force just bumped the pilot retention bonus up to $225,000 because apparently they're coming up short after kicking out over 400 pilots in the past couple of years.

$0.77

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Bolow posted:

Here's the secret: they don't fly as much as you think.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

There's a couple of old crusty maintainers I know who would like to shake your hand for this

sky shark posted:

just waiting for some offended twitteratti to screech with outrage about how she's driving the minivan of the group instead of being a a fighter pilot

It's really the joke that writes itself that Naval Aviation can't even let women drive the real planes now that they finally had to let them into the sekrit club house

Because Tailhook

holocaust bloopers posted:

Here's the secret: they don't fly as much as you think.

Yeah the "pilot shortage" isn't actually pilot no-kidding flying slots being empty (yet), it's the fact that a shitload of 11X (pilot for you non-AF dudes) positions are staff jobs that are currently vacant because there aren't enough 11X's to go around.

The fact that a significant portion of overall 11X slots are non-flying staff slots might have something to do with the "pilot shortage"

(Also the fact that the airlines are finally hiring in droves isn't helping either)

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

By that logic, this should've happened years ago. Staff positions have hovered well below 80% manning since before the term force-shaping caught on and has only gotten worse. ABM staff slots were something like 50% manned around 2010. And yet...

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Ron Jeremy posted:

Funny you should mention that. A glass ceiling just got broke.

Have her try IOC next.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Never trust anyone with a perfectly starched and aligned oval office cap.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Stultus Maximus posted:

Never trust anyone with a perfectly starched and aligned oval office cap.

id starch and align her oval office cap if you know what i mean

GreenCard78
Apr 25, 2005

It's all in the game, yo.

MinutePirateBug posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9YtppJcH7w

ISIS suicide bomber hits Peshmerga IED is launched into the air. He detonates midair.

I hope that counts as double points.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

http://tosh.cc.com/video-collections/639a9s/in-this-week-s-episode/5ns7rz

tosh.0 kinda funny!?

stolen valor skit

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

I get serious douche chills from those stolen valor videos. For both the person impersonating and the person filming

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

When I was 15 I had a novelty M*A*S*H 4077 t shirt. Then one day some army medic started screaming at me about it, asking me if I thought I was a medic too. Yeah :jerkbag:

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun
My my army air force marine rank is SNIPER :colbert:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Willy Pete posted:

My my army air force marine rank is SNIPER :colbert:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
"Sniper Pilot" is/was an actual Soviet/Russian designation for an experienced pilot. Owns.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

This is funny as poo poo.

gently caress YOU NAVY! :lol:

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Stultus Maximus posted:

Never trust anyone with a perfectly starched and aligned oval office

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Miss having cable, tosh.0 is funny as gently caress and suck my dick from the back if you don't like tosh. :colbert:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Mike-o posted:

tosh.0 is funny as gently caress and suck my dick from the back if you don't like tosh. :colbert:

:agreed:

He is on Hulu too.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Mike-o posted:

Miss having cable, tosh.0 is funny as gently caress and suck my dick from the back if you don't like tosh. :colbert:

tosh is so good mtv made a copy of it and put a bunch of wiggers on it to host

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Hah, I saw that show. Don't remember what it was called but the host is the doofiest, most unfunny and uncharismatic guy ever. I'm pretty sure he knows it.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH3a87_29Lo

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Booblord Zagats posted:

I get serious douche chills from those stolen valor videos. For both the person impersonating and the person filming

I saw 3 army bros in uniform on a Saturday at tilted kilt. Similar to stolen valor retards, the only thing worse than what they're doing is to stop them and make a scene about it.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Rough Lobster posted:

Hah, I saw that show. Don't remember what it was called but the host is the doofiest, most unfunny and uncharismatic guy ever. I'm pretty sure he knows it.

Ridiculousness starring Rob Dyrdek, Sterling Brim and Chanel West Coast.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Wasabi the J posted:

Ridiculousness starring Rob Dyrdek, Sterling Brim and Chanel West Coast.
Seriously unfunny show.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Seriously unfunny show.

I'd love to meet the people at MTV who allow that show to continue. At some point, someone has fought to keep that loving thing on the air, instead of letting it die, as nature clearly intended.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

MrYenko posted:

I'd love to meet the people at MTV who allow that show to continue. At some point, someone has fought to keep that loving thing on the air, instead of letting it die, as nature clearly intended.

I feel the way about all the children and mom's on Teen Mom

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I regret not stealing an opsec purple dragon poster

PookBear fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Apr 16, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

MrYenko posted:

It exists because it makes money. Plain and simple.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Seriously unfunny show.

It's okay if you're watching it in a bar with the sound muted, the hosts just look like more idiots making an internet video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

• Locked thread