Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN) officially requested the that Secret Service build a moat.

Obama's Camelot keeps writing itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

JT Jag posted:

How many people DO leave tips at those sorts of places, really?

If they wanted me to leave a tip they should have put a tip line on my check.

It's been a while since I have been to Chipotle but I think they might. I usually only tip waiters and delivery but If your running a high profile presidential campaign then it probably behooves you to tip at every opportunity. Still it's dumb and petty.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

JT Jag posted:

As a matter of fact he cites that in the letter

See? As on everything else I am completely correct

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Axetrain posted:

It's been a while since I have been to Chipotle but I think they might. I usually only tip waiters and delivery but If your running a high profile presidential campaign then it probably behooves you to tip at every opportunity. Still it's dumb and petty.
Most walk-in, pick-up at the counter restaraunts eschew checks with tip lines in favor of tip jars. I can only suspect it might be a legal thing, because those places technically don't have a wait staff.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Fried Chicken posted:

I don't though thinking about it I probably should. It takes more effort to make a meal than to pour a beer and I tip at bars.

Tipping in a bar is a matter of service. I don't want to wait an hour before the waitress or bartender realizes that I'm most likely still thirsty. Walking up to a counter at a fast food restaurant is a matter of convenience. I'm the next person in line, and the standards for customer service are much stricter. I'm drat well going to be served almost instantly. I don't expect much at a fast food restaurant; take my order, take my money, and make me a meal that is standard throughout all of your restaurants.
What I'm saying is, beer is more important than food.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Pohl posted:

What I'm saying is, beer is more important than food.

I find your argument convincing

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Joementum posted:

Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN) officially requested the that Secret Service build a moat.

USPol May: Nobody Is Suggesting Drawbridges Or Turrets

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

GreyjoyBastard posted:

They should though, right? That'd be awesome.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
A nice moat/water garden would go a long way towards making the white house more attractive, it's just so loving sterile looking right now.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Venom Snake posted:

A nice moat/water garden would go a long way towards making the white house more attractive, it's just so loving sterile looking right now.

How about a trans am on the front lawn?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Venom Snake posted:

it's just so loving sterile looking right now.

Rose garden was looking pretty nice today.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Venom Snake posted:

Some armored mechs with a nice color design would go a long way towards peaking the political interest of younger voters.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joementum posted:

I mean the front, I know the grounds in general are nice. But some nice water features our front would be very nice. Water flowers + awesome fish, and maybe a few cool blossom trees to top it off?

dreffen posted:

How about a trans am on the front lawn?

Sure

Pohl posted:

Some armored mechs with a nice color design would go a long way towards peaking the political interest of younger voters.

Metal gear?

EDIT: Make the awesome fish flesh eating to keep people from going in the moat to break in.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ReidRansom posted:

Even if this wasn't intended to be a poetic metaphor for gay sex, I'm going to take it as one.

Eh, it wasn't - more of a metaphor for the stereotypical effeminate southern man with his graceful evening parties and hatred for minorities.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Venom Snake posted:

Metal gear?

Commission Japan to build this around the zen moat: http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/GF13-006NA_Gundam_Maxter

The best Gundam is for the Rose Garden: http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/GF13-009NF_Gundam_Rose

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Venom Snake posted:

Metal gear?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Genl242_ZU8

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Yeah that's just what the White House needs; a giant mosquito breeding pond out back.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

comes along bort posted:

Yeah that's just what the White House needs; a giant mosquito breeding pond out back.

They have one in the congress.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

comes along bort posted:

No, out front.

And that's also why you fill it with fish! And other things that eat and kill mosquitoes.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

Quote of the night, "Yes. He should have been subject to being shot out of the sky. I don't know why he wasn't. Our nation is under seige. Radical Islam is a threat to our nation. There are probably radical Islamic cells in our backyard already. And if somebody is willing to approach vital government infrastructure, they should do so at their own peril." ~ Lindsey Graham

He added, "I'll get you next time gyro-guy. NEXT TIME!!! :argh:"

I don't think there was time to shoot him down, it looked like he was coming in pretty drat hot. I have a sneaking suspicion that the AA defenses of the White House may be no more impenetrable than the rest of it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

SedanChair posted:

I don't think there was time to shoot him down, it looked like he was coming in pretty drat hot. I have a sneaking suspicion that the AA defenses of the White House may be no more impenetrable than the rest of it.

As far as I know the anti-air defenses of the White House are predominately NASAMS and similar SAM launchers. They're really good if you need to shoot down an incoming military aircraft or hijacked 747, but they're not exactly designed for taking down craft the same size as the missile itself. Especially if he was flying as low as gyrocopters tend to do, he was probably on his way to the ground before any defenses could be scrambled.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I'm kind of surprised they don't have CIWS. Maybe they do and they're just, uh, saving it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

America isn't looking this way anymore? Back to work boys!

quote:

The Indiana Senate passed a measure today that would allow religious-affiliated organizations such as hospitals and universities to discriminate against employees based on religion, even if they receive state contracts.

The Republican-controlled Senate voted 39-11 in favor of Senate Bill 127, which would allow faith-based recipients of state funds to hire employees based on religion. It would also allow those organizations to require employees to follow certain religious tenets.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/politics/2015/02/03/ind-senate-oks-bill-allowing-religious-discrimination/22808421/

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Weren't moats generally kept disgusting on purpose to dissuade invaders? Somebody come up with a joke linking this to Republicans, I'm tired.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Joementum posted:

Joementum secret identity confirmed: Malia Obama

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Does Chipotle even have a tip jar? I don't think I've seen any and they don't ask for a tip on the receipt.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Isn't there a federal law preventing employers from discriminating based on religion?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Bonus quote of the night, "She's very polite. She took the information that I gave her. You know, she thanked me, and she told me it's great that people get involved in politics. She was polite and she was very receptive to it. I get that she's not the candidate but, you know, there's always pillow talk." ~ Laura Condon, the director of New Hampshire's Voice for Vaccine Choice, on meeting Rand Paul's wife, Kelley.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't worry, the state Dems are all over it. They have FIRE MIKE PENCE yard signs for sale.

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

SedanChair posted:

I'm kind of surprised they don't have CIWS. Maybe they do and they're just, uh, saving it.

Ahh the CIWS I know the scientist who created the 3 dimensional radar for it. Doug Tamasanis, also got qualified on it while underway .

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Joementum posted:

Bonus quote of the night, "She's very polite. She took the information that I gave her. You know, she thanked me, and she told me it's great that people get involved in politics. She was polite and she was very receptive to it. I get that she's not the candidate but, you know, there's always pillow talk." ~ Laura Condon, the director of New Hampshire's Voice for Vaccine Choice, on meeting Rand Paul's wife, Kelley.

:quagmire:

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

Azuth0667 posted:

Isn't there a federal law preventing employers from discriminating based on religion?

Religious freedom restoration act allows Buisness to use religious reason in court if being sued or alleged in discriminatory
reasons

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

SedanChair posted:

Probably because it would have the same problems as the air defenses for the London Olympics - what goes up must come down, and would come down in a highly populated pedestrian area.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Fried Chicken posted:

Probably because it would have the same problems as the air defenses for the London Olympics - what goes up must come down, and would come down in a highly populated pedestrian area.

That, and the White House is really not expecting supersonic cruise missile or artillery attacks. A regular antiaircraft missile battery is sufficient.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Why is that sentence the only one that starts double spaced?

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

PupsOfWar posted:

Joementum secret identity confirmed: Malia Obama

"A Washington wunderkind even in her youngest years, Malia joined the Something Awful dot com comedy forums at age six, taking the Debate and Discussion forum by storm with her obsessive following of American politics and all-consuming but admirable love of baseball..."

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Y'all should follow more government Flickr and Instagram accounts.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Fried Chicken posted:

Well they do have anti-air. I think they would be ready to make that trade-off, if it came down to it. Just like the motorcade has that Suburban with a minigun. There might be a few stray .308 rounds (or 2000) causing some collateral damage if they ever had to use it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

SedanChair posted:

Well they do have anti-air. I think they would be ready to make that trade-off, if it came down to it. Just like the motorcade has that Suburban with a minigun. There might be a few stray .308 rounds (or 2000) causing some collateral damage if they ever had to use it.

The minigun is probably a mixture between wanting to seem cool and show off our power and people with little understanding of collateral damage being the ones in charge of deciding on presidential defense weaponry.

The most likely thing to attack the White House that would actually cause damage (so not including random naked men scaling the fence or someone ramming a coupe into the gates and getting shot a dozen times) would be an aircraft crashing into it, so any defenses outside of the Secret Service and solid barriers should best be tailored for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

drakegrim posted:

Religious freedom restoration act allows Buisness to use religious reason in court if being sued or alleged in discriminatory
reasons

Lets say I own a zoroastrian doughnut shop and I decide to hire people. I decide since I'm not reading 1000+ applications that I'm only going to hire other zoroastrians. The other potential employees decide to sue and I'm allowed to go "but, but, but, we're zoroastrian" to circumvent a federal law? How does that work?

• Locked thread