Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

if you dont have any actual mexican places nearby, chipotle is pretty good. considering its iowa...i think her savvy restaurant choice will resonate with voters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dolash posted:

Another freeloader betraying True Conservatism because government handouts make it so he doesn't have to work to earn a livingmedical care.

But the glorious revolution starts with just one Tea Partier's self awareness.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Lemming posted:

Is this going to be a sequel to that Libertarian fairy tale with the talking gorilla and mummy person and how the Articles of Confederation were super good?

Please, have some respect for The Probability Broach.

Look at this dystopian future where everyone rides bicycles and Reagan wasn't president.

Presented without comment.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

To be... fair... to L. Neil Smith's fever dreams, that is probably meant to be a chimpanzee. I believe in that book, chimpanzees had been uplifted to intelligence, possibly due to exposure to freedom.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

The rhetoric in Christie's campaign just reminds me of Bob Heller from Transmetropilitan.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Probability Broach ain't got poo poo on Roswell, Texas as far as bonkers libertopian fantasies. Meir Kahane and Malcolm Little (or X, if you prefer) are Texas Rangers! There are literal gay Nazis in pink SS uniforms! GENE loving RODDENBERRY shoots down the UFO that definitely crashed at Roswell!

Libertarian fantasy time comics are really amazing.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

So, no faith in the GOP nomination process then? I hope Arnie is hired to stand outside and glare ITS NOT A CABAL.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Guys this polling is great but we missed the most hopeful

quote:

POLITICAL LEADERS

President Barack Obama’s disapproval rating in South Carolina among likely GOP voters has plummeted to 91.3%.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The first actual policy statement of Hillary's campaign is an endorsement of paid maternity leave.

Seems like that might be a pretty safe position to take in the Democratic primary. Jim Webb, your thoughts?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

If you listen to Rubio talk, he sounds like he is trying to impersonate Mark Whalberg

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Nintendo Kid posted:

Sonic Locations per state:

Simple enough.

Also here's where Jack In The Box joints are:

holy crap i've eaten in the only jack in the box in colorado.

Goddamn

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

How are there 963 Sonics in Texas? Like, I get that its a big state but 963? No one else even comes near 300. Is there no other kind of restaurant there? Does no Texan cook their own meals? Are they just on every other corner like the way Dunkin Donuts are here?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

The first actual policy statement of Hillary's campaign is an endorsement of paid maternity leave.

Seems like that might be a pretty safe position to take in the Democratic primary. Jim Webb, your thoughts?

Does Hillary have any policy positions other than giveaways to create more welfare queens?

Why does Clinton hate men? Can America survive Hillary's War on Men?

badatom
Dec 10, 2011
The Chipotle at the center of Chipotlegate is literally down the road from where I live. People won't shut up about it, which tells you how exciting life is around here...

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Oh my god, perfect that the dude's loving name is Jim Webb.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
So who is Hillary's running mate going to be?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

bpower posted:

Come on guys its meant as a joke. Give them some credit for God's sake

If it was MSN or some normal news site I could buy it as a joke, but a right wing extremist site? It's dead serious.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

STAC Goat posted:

How are there 963 Sonics in Texas? Like, I get that its a big state but 963? No one else even comes near 300. Is there no other kind of restaurant there? Does no Texan cook their own meals? Are they just on every other corner like the way Dunkin Donuts are here?

Well looking it up, Texas also has 1,225 McDonald's (Cali has 1,492). They must just have a lot of fast food places in general.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Brace yourselves for Grandmagate.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

STAC Goat posted:

All of the above, and add in the fact Sonic is delicious, plus they literally bring the food out to your car. On that note, presented without comment:

In actual (weird) 2016 news: Hillary Has More Facebook Fans In Baghdad Than Any US City

quote:

Hillary Clinton’s Facebook pages have an unexpected fan base. At least 7 percent of Clinton’s Facebook fans list their hometown as Baghdad, way more than any other city in the world, including in the United States.

Vocativ’s exclusive analysis of Clinton’s Facebook fan statistics yielded a number of surprises. Despite her reputation as an urban Democrat favored by liberal elites, Iraqis and southerners are more likely to be a Facebook fan of Hillary than people living on America’s coasts. And the Democratic candidate for president has one of her largest followings in the great red-state of Texas.

While Chicago and New York City, both with 4 per cent of fans, round out the top three cities for Hillary’s Facebook base, Texas’ four major centers—Houston (3 percent), Dallas (3 percent), Austin (2 percent) and San Antonio (2 percent)—contain more of her Facebook supporters. Los Angeles with 3 percent of her fans, and Philadelphia and Atlanta, each with 2 percent, round out the Top 10 cities for Facebook fans of Hillary.

On a per capita basis, in which Vocativ compared a town’s population to percentage of Hillary’s likes, people living in cities and towns in Texas, Kentucky, Ohio, Arkansas, North Carolina and Wisconsin were the most likely to be her fans on Facebook than any other American residents.

Hillary’s Facebook pages are also extremely unpopular with younger tech-savvy Americans, with just 8 percent of female fans and 11 percent of male fans aged between 18-34. Most of Clinton’s American Facebook fans are older than 55, including over 66 percent of women and 52 percent of her male supporters.

However, over at her Baghdad base, Clinton enjoys the support of younger Facebook fans with 66 percent of her Iraqi female fans and 67 percent of males aged between 18 and 34.

Across the world, 14 percent of Hillary’s fans are self-reported government employees.

Glad to see my hometown of San Antonio representing.:c00lbert:

fade5 fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Apr 16, 2015

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Tomahawk posted:

Julian Castro. Or maybe Tim Kaine.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

STAC Goat posted:

Texans go crazy for crappy fast food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkOl9TmfDss

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Why wouldn't Iraqis like Hillary? Stability and a known name probably sounds like loving paradise to them.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

In-and-Outs are always always always jammed to the gills and I just don't understand it. Yeah it's not bad for fast food, but its still just a burger. There's no reason for there to be a line in the drive-through that extends out onto the road at three in the afternoon.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

paranoid randroid posted:

In-and-Outs are always always always jammed to the gills and I just don't understand it. Yeah it's not bad for fast food, but its still just a burger. There's no reason for there to be a line in the drive-through that extends out onto the road at three in the afternoon.

I moved to California and was really excited to try it but, meh. It wasn't that great, in fact it was barely palatable. The burger was ok, but the fries were complete poo poo. The restaurant was packed, and I still don't get what is so drat great about it. I feel like I need to go back and try it again just in case I had a bad experience.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Pohl posted:

I moved to California and was really excited to try it but, meh. It wasn't that great, in fact it was barely palatable. The burger was ok, but the fries were complete poo poo. The restaurant was packed, and I still don't get what is so drat great about it. I feel like I need to go back and try it again just in case I had a bad experience.

Its probably one of those situations where you hear so many good things that the reality can't match your expectations. Having grown up with In and Out, it blows any other fast food out of the water, while being comparable in price or even less expensive. I never go to fast food like McDonalds, Carl's Jr., Jack in the Box, etc. but definitely make it to In and Out every once in a while.

In terms of the GOP candidates, why is Marc Rubio considered such a longshot to get the nomination? I'm not arguing he has a chance, just generally curious.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

There's no excuse for that in the state that gave us Whataburger.

Personally, if I see more than like 4 or 5 cars in a drive through, that's enough to make me consider other options.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

MrSargent posted:

In terms of the GOP candidates, why is Marc Rubio considered such a longshot to get the nomination? I'm not arguing he has a chance, just generally curious.

He's not considered a longshot by people who know what they're talking about. He's one of the three Republicans who have a legitimate shot at winning the nomination, along with Bush and Walker. Kasich will be in that group too if he decides to run and builds an organization sometime soon.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

Tomahawk posted:

Michelle Obama

Girl Power 2016 - and then Michelle can run in 2024

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Kelley Paul wrote a book?

http://www.hachettebookgroup.com/titles/kelley-paul/true-and-constant-friends/9781478987864/

quote:

Kelley Paul, wife of Senator Rand Paul, celebrates lifelong friendships in a beautifully illustrated book about the female bond.
When Kelley Paul arrived on the Rhodes College campus in 1981, she immediately bonded with six women. Three decades of intimate friendship later, Kelley celebrates these relationships and the women who inspired them all. She tells their stories and those of their grandmothers, mothers and sisters, providing a microcosm of women raising families and building lives in 20th- and 21st-century America. The extraordinary lives of Kelley's and her friends' role models-from the Southern matriarch to the poor Irish immigrant-are honored in this lovely book which offers oral history along with classic poetry, art, and photography. Throughout, Kelley explores the universal themes of hardship, determination, commitment, family, independence, optimism, friendship and love-and illuminates the power of the female bond that enriches all our lives.

If this isn't currying favor for the Hachette-Amazon slapfight, I don't know what is.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

paranoid randroid posted:

That's nothing. You should see Chic-fil-a's in Texas.

loving double drive throughs. Complete with a guy standing outside the pick-up window in a high-visibility vest just to hand you your condiments separately while your food cooks.

Still loving packed and backed up all the way around the store and nearly into the street. :stare:

Series DD Funding
Nov 25, 2014

by exmarx
At that point why not go inside :psyduck:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Series DD Funding posted:

At that point why not go inside :psyduck:

Obesity is a hell of a drug, and it is significantly potentiated by heat/humidity.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
Ah yes, this seems like a winning strategy

quote:

HH: Right now, we’ve got the states of Colorado and Washington flaunting federal law by allowing people to sell dope legally. If you’re the president of the United States, are you going to enforce the federal drug laws in those states?
CC: Absolutely. I will crack down and not permit it.
HH: All right, next…
CC: Marijuana is a gateway drug. We have an enormous addiction problem in this country. And we need to send very clear leadership from the White House on down through the federal law enforcement. Marijuana is an illegal drug under federal law. And the states should not be permitted to sell it and profit from it.

http://www.hughhewitt.com/governor-christie-bear-hugs-the-third-rail/

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Marijuana legalization is becoming a pretty popular idea and I even see it becoming the next big social issue democrats could start pushing within a decade or two. This sort of thing from Christie seems pretty short sighted.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hillary will win the election if she eats at Whataburger and uses spicy ketchup only. In-n-Out is Sonic.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Rand Paul seems to have learned at least one tactic from his dad.

quote:

The controversy began on April 4 -- the last day that anyone hoping to become a new voting member of the New Hampshire Young Republicans could pay the $25 dues to the group’s treasurer. Only dues-paying members are allowed to vote in the group’s biennial elections, set for this coming Saturday, in which two candidates will vie for the position of chairman.

Traditionally, the Young Republicans group has not exercised much influence over the state presidential primary. But it is not without some power, as its chairman gets a seat on the state GOP's executive committee, a board filled with influential New Hampshire Republicans that can exert influence on the 2016 campaign.

The deadline for dues doesn't typically produce any drama. But this year, outgoing New Hampshire Young Republicans Chairman Molly Sanborn informed the group’s three-person credentialing committee that she had received applications from 70 new members just before the deadline. For a group that had until then included a total of just 59 dues-paying members, it appeared to be a strange and sudden surge of interest. If accepted, these new members would be allowed to vote in Saturday’s election.

And well, would you look at that! By a strange coincidence, a single person paid for the dues of 41 of the 70 new members. And, another shocker, that person just took a job as Rand Paul's NH political director. :monocle:

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
The Paul family lawyering primary rules is tremendously entertaining for me. It's wingnut on wingnut violence. It's awesome when these little "open" groups created primarily for the purpose of keeping other people the gently caress out of them start to get overrun when people find out they exist.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Joementum posted:

Rand Paul seems to have learned at least one tactic from his dad.

And well, would you look at that! By a strange coincidence, a single person paid for the dues of 41 of the 70 new members. And, another shocker, that person just took a job as Rand Paul's NH political director. :monocle:

quote:

Worried that the last-minute push to add so many new members was an attempt by a state GOP official/Paul ally to take over their organization, the Young Republicans credentialing committee declared the new applicants invalid. The committee said that the group’s treasurer, Adam Lord, had not seen evidence that the required dues had arrived before the 4 p.m. cutoff time on April 4.

But will that decision be overriden? Waiting on the edge of my seat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Axetrain posted:

Marijuana legalization is becoming a pretty popular idea and I even see it becoming the next big social issue democrats could start pushing within a decade or two. This sort of thing from Christie seems pretty short sighted.

How would that matter to any GOP candidate? Its not an issue this cycle and being authoritarian nanny state anti substance is a conservative plank, the drugs black market is purestrain capitalism. Plus Christie doesn't stand a farts chance in a hurricane for the executive, even if he was trying to appeal to pro drug libertarians he wouldn't need to worry about that until the executive campaign and he isnt gettin there. Even if somehow every other primary candidate died and by that miracle CC got the nod he could just change his mind if it affected his favorables. There's no downside here for him.

• Locked thread