Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Considering its getting near Dark Souls 2 territory as far as sales go, I'm pretty sure they're a little bit beyond amazed that a anime game did this well worldwide.

EDIT: I mean as good as it is to see Goku Simulator do this well, I feel sorry for whoever is involved with directing Xenoverse 2 as now a several million sales expectation has been set.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Apr 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Well Battle of Z, the fighting game before this one, did 620,000 copies wordwide. so... on a scale of somewhere from 4-5x the last entry.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Xenoverse 2: Now With A Budget!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Hopefully the great and powerful Dumplin is a secret character.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I hope if they do a sequel we see more radical changes to the timeline or at least Dragon Ball era events.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Testekill posted:

I wonder just how above expectations that was.

Well considering how the servers did the 1st week I'm going to say very.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Onmi posted:

Well Battle of Z, the fighting game before this one, did 620,000 copies wordwide. so... on a scale of somewhere from 4-5x the last entry.

Not surprising, as Xenoverse is at least 4-5 times better than Battle of Z.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Testekill posted:

Hopefully the great and powerful Dumplin is a secret character.

I'd kill for some more Time Patroller characters to be involved in the story, particularly if Dumplin' is one of the two Majins you can punch mans with.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The news of Xenoverse doing so well excites me, because that probably means we'll get a sequel, and that sequel will have an actual budget. This could be a wonderful thing

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I highly doubt you COULD, but I'd love the option to take your current main character and import them to the next game. That would be a lot of fun and would save me a lot of worry.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Burkion posted:

I highly doubt you COULD, but I'd love the option to take your current main character and import them to the next game. That would be a lot of fun and would save me a lot of worry.

I dont see why you couldnt.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Just make the second game be the same game + a shitoad more new content, give previous owners a discount on the new one, allow save importing.

edit: VVV agreed. Fill out the missing DBZ stuff and then start adapting Dragonball content. :getin:

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Apr 16, 2015

Fatcat214
Feb 19, 2015

Party Poogie
next game needs more yajirobe

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Well I just found out that some games(including this one) will sometimes use the Integrated Graphics instead of your Dedicated Graphics card, so I'm reinstalling Xenoverse in the hopes that now that I've set my computer to use my Nvidia card whenever possible it'll run at a level that's actually worth playing(even if I'll still probably have to have it on really low settings), that way I can share the adventures of my Freiza-Clan character Gelato with you guys(also they had Nappa[the vegetable] at the grocery store today, so that reminds me that I need to find a good veggie pun or two to use for my eventual Saiyan characters)

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Second game needs branching storylines where you're affecting time directly. show up in the saiyan saga and you stick around through everything. Can save some people who were supposed to die or end up being unable to save people who weren't. Let changes cascade in fun ways.

Make it big budget and go nuts with the time stuff. Give it more replay value

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Well now Xenoverse is running great for me, so yay(also the default Ki move set is garbage, but luckily I've gotten some halfway decent moves now for the most part)

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Xenoverse is a good game, but you can tell that they didn't' had any money to spare, because it really lacks polish. the storymode, PvP, balancing, it's all there, but it all could be majorly improved, with just a little it more time and money.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

So how long has this been a thing?

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Emong posted:

So how long has this been a thing?

Is that...A beam struggle?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, did they finally patch it in? Usually that just results in the beams cancelling for me, but you clearly take a bit of damage there, as does Goku.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

It's not my picture, some guy on reddit is reporting that it got stealth added with the last patch. Supposedly it also works with ultimates.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Emong posted:

It's not my picture, some guy on reddit is reporting that it got stealth added with the last patch. Supposedly it also works with ultimates.

Well then, that's great! What else will they stealth patch in?

A Ginyu Force version of every character? Please? I need Beerus and Whis doing poses.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

how do you win in the punch-fight lock up struggle animation? mashing buttons doesnt work and thats the extent of my strategy when it happens.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

super macho dude posted:

how do you win in the punch-fight lock up struggle animation? mashing buttons doesnt work and thats the extent of my strategy when it happens.

As far as I am aware, you don't. If you get into a punch fight it's pretty well automatic and you both take damage. It's just who gets the next punch in that matters

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Burkion posted:

As far as I am aware, you don't. If you get into a punch fight it's pretty well automatic and you both take damage. It's just who gets the next punch in that matters

I think you don't even take damage, you just gain some stamina.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Crabtree posted:

Considering its getting near Dark Souls 2 territory as far as sales go, I'm pretty sure they're a little bit beyond amazed that a anime game did this well worldwide.

EDIT: I mean as good as it is to see Goku Simulator do this well, I feel sorry for whoever is involved with directing Xenoverse 2 as now a several million sales expectation has been set.

Goku Simulator is my new favorite name for this game. (Hell you could claim it's even Goku MMO Simulator at the same time).

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

super macho dude posted:

I think it just fills up a Ki bar

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

e X posted:

I think you don't even take damage, you just gain some stamina.

Yeah its just a mutual build up of Ki energy for both parties. No one takes damage because you're both perfectly parrying the other. However, if the AI are doing it to each other, you'll get hit by backlash if you try to interfere with it.

mycot posted:

Goku Simulator is my new favorite name for this game. (Hell you could claim it's even Goku MMO Simulator at the same time).

Thanks, the only thing its missing is having a ridiculous sized meal with Goku for it to be complete. Give Toki Toki some poo poo to do in just for funzies like drive cars with Piccolo recklessly and more co-op able story modes and the sequel'll be perfect.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

e X posted:

Xenoverse is a good game, but you can tell that they didn't' had any money to spare, because it really lacks polish. the storymode, PvP, balancing, it's all there, but it all could be majorly improved, with just a little it more time and money.

I'll grant you everything but balance, because in that case you are stuck with "It's loving DBZ" and I pity whoever would be tasked with getting something even approaching balance out of that.

We can dream though.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Section Z posted:

I'll grant you everything but balance, because in that case you are stuck with "It's loving DBZ" and I pity whoever would be tasked with getting something even approaching balance out of that.

We can dream though.

One day, Yamcha and Hercule found the dragon balls.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Someone just yelled at me and kicked me out of their PQ :v: Evidently I pissed him off, but I don't even know what I did? Sorry, stranger on the internet. If I had headphones or knew why you were mad I would have spoken up.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Section Z posted:

We can dream though.

Bad game design is bad game design, regardless of source material.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

e X posted:

Bad game design is bad game design, regardless of source material.

True, I guess I'm just too used to people going on to me about how "no guys, Jedi are incredibly balanced compared to characters without the force because-" So I'm kind of expecting to see setting based balance clusterfucks regardless of my hopes :v:

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye

e X posted:

Nah, it's less that they didn't have the money, and more that it's a Dimps game. Fun gameplay hindered by a series of questionable design decisions are kinda their thing

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
What the hell was that "...Guys?" Trunks said? Did they accidentally add the actor saying that?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Well I beat Saiyan saga so I can do online now so someone add me to the Steam Group, Steam name is drrockso20[MicS]

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Oh, yeah, can I be added to the group too? Molgar The Atrocious is my steam name.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
Honestly as far as actually playing it Xenoverse is okay but their have been better DBZ games. They have Tenkaichi in the name.

In a lot of ways I even preferred Ultimate T's Create-a-Goku more than this one, and the fights weren't bad despite just being rock-paper-scissors-repeat.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Flytrap posted:

It's main problem is its range. It's essentially Evil Blast in Ultimate form.

EDIT Oh, huh, Pan's bandanna gives you her hair too. Neat.

It also goes blonde if you go Super Saiyan, like the Launch wig.

...this makes me curious, if anyone has tried to hack SSJ onto Pan herself, to see what happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

StrifeHira posted:

It also goes blonde if you go Super Saiyan, like the Launch wig.

...this makes me curious, if anyone has tried to hack SSJ onto Pan herself, to see what happens.

NPCs are built out of costume bits just like players so she should have it turn gold.

• Locked thread