Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
If anyone is still looking for a GCN adapter, GameStop stores seem to be getting them in stock. Video Game Deals megathread poster said they got one in San Fransisco and I just picked one up in Belton MO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

jivjov posted:

If anyone is still looking for a GCN adapter, GameStop stores seem to be getting them in stock. Video Game Deals megathread poster said they got one in San Fransisco and I just picked one up in Belton MO

My store in Houston just got their shipment in yesterday

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Whelp. I got Mewtwo a couple Mii costumes and a few custom stages from the share feature and I'm in the mood to actually play against some people.

NNID: silverspark (leave a message so I'll know who you are)

On a side note, before I downloaded them, I noticed you can still fight against the DLC characters even if you don't have them yourself.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I refuse to believe Ryu will be in smash.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I think Ryu's stage from SF2 would be good and cool. You could fight on the dojo rooftops in the regular version, while the omega version would recreate the original stage.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Pac-Man feels a lot quicker in the new version. His throw is about twice as fast as it used to be (thank god) and I'm pretty sure he recovers a lot faster from his down and side smashes.

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye
It's funny that Ryu's gonna be added when the game already has three shotoclones.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
I could see Ryu happening. Too bad that this probably means no Phoenix Wright.

Also, I'm glad that the Mii Fighter costumes are just 75 cents. You can buy the 2 or 3 you want instead of being forced to pay $6.00 for a bunch you won't use.

edit: VVVV Oops! I'm going to say I must have been really tired when I typed that. Thanks for correcting me so I don't make that mistake again.

Spectacle Rock fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Apr 16, 2015

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Megaman is Capcom.

Pac-man belongs to Namco.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Ryu should be in but have Street Fighter controls.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

:siren: MEWTWO CUSTOM MOVES FOUND! :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-h2wakY9ow

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

I still haven't gotten my Mewtwo code :(

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What's Mewtwo's final smash even

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Calaveron posted:

Psystrike

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
falcon's knee comes out like a quarter of a second earlier now :henget:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

mabels big day posted:

What about...

Ryu Hayabusa

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mabels big day posted:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man I just hope that if Ryu IS in his moveset isn't as uninspired as B Neutral Hadoken Side B Teppanyaki kick Up B Shoryuken Down B some sort of counter or something.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

down b would be his mule kick from sf3

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

ryu is just going to be another mario clone

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

Sooo ... since tournament mode didn't make it this patch and we have no idea when they'll come out now, maybe we could have some sort of week-end tournament or something.

Chakram
Jun 3, 2010

by Shine

sharrrk posted:

ryu is just going to be another mario clone

and his final smash will be Landmaster Tank

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Bluff Buster posted:

Sooo ... since tournament mode didn't make it this patch and we have no idea when they'll come out now, maybe we could have some sort of week-end tournament or something.

it will last longer than a weekend

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Ryu will probably only be a background thing in a street fighter stage. stop thinking he's getting in before [other dumb character]

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

it will last longer than a weekend

Well who doesn't want a month-long week-end (or however long that last one lasted)?

I'm still a little salty about missing the last tournament.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Dizz posted:

Ryu will probably only be a background thing in a street fighter stage. stop thinking he's getting in before [other dumb character]

He is, though. I just called his mobile number to see how he's taking the news and he told me everything.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
This guy's voice rules.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Calaveron posted:

Man I just hope that if Ryu IS in his moveset isn't as uninspired as B Neutral Hadoken Side B Teppanyaki kick Up B Shoryuken Down B some sort of counter or something.

Yeah it'd be a real shame if Ryu's moves were the things Ryu does

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Reiley posted:

He is, though. I just called his mobile number to see how he's taking the news and he told me everything.

ryu doesn't have a phone

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Here's the alleged Ryu victory music and whatever.

Can't wait to use the Ryu amiibo to unlock MK8 outfits.

~secret data~

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

Gandalf21 posted:

I still haven't gotten my Mewtwo code :(

Me either, and I am profoundly annoyed.

Nobody I've fought online with Mewtwo has figured him out very well yet, unsurprisingly. It's funny, though. Every time I've faced someone as mewtwo, I've utterly creamed them and they immediately switch to someone else.

As for character changes...I dunno, a lot of small things feel somehow different. Mach Tornado sounds/feels/looks slightly different, some of Charizard's attacks seem to have less recovery, something about Dedede's jumps feels different as well. Can't quite put my finger on some of it.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Calaveron posted:

It's actually really Lame and low effort compared to the rest of the character

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
For the record Ryu's Down-B would definitely be a Hurricane Kick, not a counter. That's Gouken's thing.

Although I guess Hurricane Kick could also be side-b but I want to believe(in a moveset without counters)

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Some pretty big updates this time around, here's what Ifound so far:

-Mewtwo's in the game now. He's gay, so what.
-The AI is super dumbed down and secretly whispers "you can hit me now" but you can only hear it if the volume's way up.
-Tim's still bitching about Little Mac in For Glory and he needs to get over it.
-The numbers of damages has gone up for some, down for others. The autism community is still figuring out the correct damage numbers.
-Xenoblade Chronicles 3D is out now for purchase for the New 3DS ONLY.
-Diddy Kong's bananas still make you slip (unconfirmed) (?)
-Mario's name was misspelled Nario in the character select screen buy now seems to be fixed. Easy mistake, n and m are keyboard neighbors.
-When yo scan the Toad amiibo nothing happens because he's not in the game as a playable character. Makes sense (?).
-I scanned Shulk and then deleted the data as a reminder that some people really want the amiibo and can't find it in stores and that's kinda funny.
-Wario still in game.
-Yoshi still in game.
-That one huge Mewtwo fan on reddit is probably going loving bonkers right now and I say good for him and wish him happiness with his life friend he cares a lot for.

Anyway let me know if you've noticed anything new in the latest patch.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
I'm new and one out of ten of my games are laggy. Do you get a penalty if you decide to browse the internet until a laggy game is over?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Louisgod posted:

Some pretty big updates this time around, here's what Ifound so far:

-Mewtwo's in the game now. He's gay, so what.
-The AI is super dumbed down and secretly whispers "you can hit me now" but you can only hear it if the volume's way up.
-Tim's still bitching about Little Mac in For Glory and he needs to get over it.
-The numbers of damages has gone up for some, down for others. The autism community is still figuring out the correct damage numbers.
-Xenoblade Chronicles 3D is out now for purchase for the New 3DS ONLY.
-Diddy Kong's bananas still make you slip (unconfirmed) (?)
-Mario's name was misspelled Nario in the character select screen buy now seems to be fixed. Easy mistake, n and m are keyboard neighbors.
-When yo scan the Toad amiibo nothing happens because he's not in the game as a playable character. Makes sense (?).
-I scanned Shulk and then deleted the data as a reminder that some people really want the amiibo and can't find it in stores and that's kinda funny.
-Wario still in game.
-Yoshi still in game.
-That one huge Mewtwo fan on reddit is probably going loving bonkers right now and I say good for him and wish him happiness with his life friend he cares a lot for.

Anyway let me know if you've noticed anything new in the latest patch.

-Louisgod still awful poster

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

DoctorWhat posted:

-Louisgod still awful poster

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Golashes posted:

I'm new and one out of ten of my games are laggy. Do you get a penalty if you decide to browse the internet until a laggy game is over?

You're just getting people with bad connections. If you find someone with good internet stick to them until they wriggle free from you

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007

Golashes posted:

I just kill myself. If you idle it kicks you out of the game but you don't get kicked off online for a certain amount of time though.

Also Ryu is going to be a Little Mac clone with a projectile. Calling it right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
They should add all the shotos as different costumes ala koopalings.

• Locked thread