Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Poque posted:

what was that little convo Joe/Mike had as they entered tribal? I missed the context.

Joe made a genuinely convincing fake hidden immunity idol and offered it to Mike in exchange for changing his vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I have no idea what's going on.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

:lol: I know what's going to happen. Bye Joe

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?
"I have no idea." x2

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hahahahaha

Two people saying "I got no idea what's happening!"

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Hahaha, Joe made Mike flinch and show his cards.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
He should've played it for Joe.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Haha, nice try, Joe.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Gotta respect the try, Joe. :)

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

You will be missed Joe

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

And next week Jenn quits.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Shirin: "I still have you."
Jenn: :gonk:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Dan??????????????????????????????????????????

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Bye Joe, come back as a favorite at some point.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Joe was too beastly for this world.

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?

Lone Goat posted:

Dan??????????????????????????????????????????

Think that was Jenn.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TMMadman posted:

Bye Joe, come back as a favorite at some point.

There's a 0% chance he's not back next season.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Jenn disappointed me so much but I'm glad she's still alive. At least Joe went out in a memorable way.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Recursive posted:

Think that was Jenn.

Oh that makes sense

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

DurosKlav posted:

And next week Jenn quits.

She won't quit. And like they said, people might want to take her to the finals if she's "not playing." She could wait a vote or two and then try to make a big move.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
For this season to live up to the Probst-hype, Jenn better knock out some challenge wins.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
It didn't even click to me that Shirin voted Joe. gently caress.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Poque posted:

She sort of had to, but that other plan she was floating would have been brill if it worked.

And that preview? Next week, we remember Will is still in the game.

Kem Rixen
Aug 6, 2007

With this turnip I am become death, the destroyer of worlds!
Joe may be gone but at least we got to see a lot of people fall down. Has anyone made gifs of that yet? Will sliding down like a corpse was the best.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Pinterest Mom posted:

Hahaha he has this loving arts and crafts stash :swoon:
Indeed.

Silly Burrito posted:

Oh my God that would've been amazing.

Poque posted:

Shirin: "I still have you."
Jenn: :gonk:
I honestly got a horror movie vibe off that.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Poque posted:

Imo she never had a choice after Mike called out the possible shenanigans. She has a potential new alliance with Mike to take her to the end, can she really burn it in order to save the game's biggest threat, all for the sake of a mercy kill?

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
If Sierra was serious about wanting Dan out so badly last week she should have made a move this week. If she flipped and got Jenn, Shirin, and Joe to flip too it's a 4-3-3 vote and Dan is out. There wouldn't even be any retribution because Mike knows Rodney and his mini alliance are planning a coup and can't afford to waste a week voting out Sierra and letting Rodney get the numbers.

Really rooting for Shirin right now, though I have no idea how she could pull out a win.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Sierra is too passive a player to make a move like that :(

Now she's gonna be locked into the Dan/Mike alliance. Which would be fine if her confessionals were about how Dan was a goat, and how she'd turn on Mike near the end. But all she talks about is hating Dan! So she's not a very fun player. I prefer the "Not giving a poo poo about Survivor anymore" Jenn to that to be honest.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

posting without comment

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

mancalamania posted:

If Sierra was serious about wanting Dan out so badly last week she should have made a move this week. If she flipped and got Jenn, Shirin, and Joe to flip too it's a 4-3-3 vote and Dan is out. There wouldn't even be any retribution because Mike knows Rodney and his mini alliance are planning a coup and can't afford to waste a week voting out Sierra and letting Rodney get the numbers.

Really rooting for Shirin right now, though I have no idea how she could pull out a win.

Nobody but Mike and Shirin are actually playing the game. Dan is playing for goat, and the rest are just floating along. I thought for sure that Tyler and Caroline (is that her name?) would be power players, but Tyler's "I don't know what's going on" vote tonight was reason enough to write him off.

If the rest of the season is just going to be whittling everyone down until the eventual Mike win, I'm out.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I think the comments about not knowing what's going on were in reference to the idol thing going on with Mike and Joe. I think Rodney/Tyler/Carolyn are playing this game and simply are secure in their plan to move as a bloc of four with Will at F7.

I wonder what happens in a Shirin/Dan/Sierra F3 where Mike gets booted at four. Wow, could Shirin actually win? That might be like her one winnable scenario and it looks like it's at least tenable.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

Fast Luck posted:

I think the comments about not knowing what's going on were in reference to the idol thing going on with Mike and Joe. I think Rodney/Tyler/Carolyn are playing this game and simply are secure in their plan to move as a bloc of four with Will at F7.

This basically.
They keep reiiterating the Rodney final 4 alliance with Carolyn, Tyler and Will and even made mention of it in the recap, even though it had no bearing on today's episode. I have a feeling that this could come into play next week.

Rodney's a dumb meathead, but his Mike imitation was pretty hilarious.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
Jenn's "I'm not a quitter" is total bullshit. She's already quit playing the game.

Joe, I will miss you and your beautiful curls. :rip:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Silly Burrito posted:

Would have been pretty hilarious, "If it's real, he can stay another week, Jeff"

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

gently caress Jenn. She was my favorite from episodes 1-8 but she's pretty much dead to me now. I'm on team Mike. As much as I find him annoying, if the final vote were right now, he would deserve the win. My hope is that the game gets thrown into chaos but Mike makes a brilliant move and survives and thrives.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
With Joe out of the picture, Mike needs numbers versus Boston Rod. Decent chance he reels in Jenn and that in turn rejuvenates Jenn's hopes? Jenn has gotten featured a hell of a lot for someone who has apparently given up, which leads me to believe something happens there.

Jenn, Sierra, Dan, Mike, Shirin makes 5 versus Rodney, Carolyn, Will, and Tyler.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

If Jenn gets her head in the game she could win me back. We all have slumps. Combine the losing her friend with the lack of sleep and food. The fact that she didn't straight up quit means some part of her wants to stay. But she would have to really prove she is focused and trying before I'd give her near-quit a pass.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Arkane posted:

With Joe out of the picture, Mike needs numbers versus Boston Rod. Decent chance he reels in Jenn and that in turn rejuvenates Jenn's hopes? Jenn has gotten featured a hell of a lot for someone who has apparently given up, which leads me to believe something happens there.

Jenn, Sierra, Dan, Mike, Shirin makes 5 versus Rodney, Carolyn, Will, and Tyler.

Yeah. This is what's gonna go down. I can't see the 7 holding together now that the unifying threat is gone. Rodney might want to wait to make a move, but Mike now may realize this is when HE needs to make a move, before he gets got by Rodney.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Rodney didn't come here to make friends. *proceeds to make friends*.

TMMadman posted:

You know even if I was still a fat guy I don't think I'd like that reward very much. I mean even back at my heaviest I could still only eat 2 or 3 candy bars before I was sick of them for a while.

You haven't been starving on an island for three weeks.

Great looking fake idol. :eyepop:

Bonus "Git-R-Done" wristband. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I am still a loyal Jenn fan and call anyone who flipped on her a drat bandwagoner*! Here's my half assed argument.
*Chill. I'm just kidding.

She didn't quit playing the game, she just started playing a different game. She knew they were hosed. She knew she was in the middle of a Pagonging. She made a decision that Joe is more invested and a stronger player so can cause more damage and she doesn't really want to be there so she'd throw herself on her sword to cause chaos. That might be a decision she would have wound up regretting later once she got out of her funk but I don't consider it an illogical one.

Honestly, its a reality that I always kind of think about during these Pagongings. You know your side is hosed. You know the only real chance is scraping by and hoping you're still there when everything explodes, IF it explodes because it doesn't always. If you decide that one of your allies has a better shot AND is getting more out of this? Is giving them a chance to win worth more than the difference of you finishing 9th or 7th?

I don't know, I think its as legitimate a game move as Shirin's silly scheme that would have just accomplished nothing except throw some chaos in the midst and gently caress her further down the line. There's a lot of really entertaining moves people make in this game like throwing an idol down or flipping a vote that don't actually accomplish much in the long term for that player but change up the game. Everyone compares this game to chess, sometimes you sacrifice a key piece for the long term game. Shirin thought better of her silly idea and decided to keep her opportunities open and look for another opening, and that's a valid decision. But Jenn's never really played that game. She's funny, pretty, has an attitude, and is a tough as nails competitor but she's never once schemed or played the social game so its not that surprising that she didn't suddenly turn into Sandra.

Still, I don't think her game is necessarily over. She's in a similar position Natalie was last season. The Blues might just take her out because she's a comp threat but if they back off her and she comes out of her funk she could maybe make a rebound. Still a lot of game to play. And if Mike and Sierra decide to make a move with Shirin on Carolyn next tribal that could change everything up.

Something better change everything up next week because this is sure looking like a boring turn of events for this season. Carolyn and Tyler continues to convince me that they're just passive non-players as everyone not name Mike. Sierra's all talk. Dan is somehow worse than Rodney. Shirin seems like she's just playing for 3rd. I don't think Mike makes it to the end unless he uses that idol perfectly but I don't see what makes this some great season like the hype.

Fast Luck posted:

Imo she never had a choice after Mike called out the possible shenanigans. She has a potential new alliance with Mike to take her to the end, can she really burn it in order to save the game's biggest threat, all for the sake of a mercy kill?
Yeah, that was one of those silly Super Fan moves that sound super incredible but actually makes no sense. She'd be betraying Mike and Sierra and pissing off the entire Tribe just to keep Joe around one more week. And what happens if Joe wins immunity next Tribal? Who goes home next? If Sierra wants to survive to play another day she had to play ball with Mike and vote out Joe.

I still don't like Mike but he's a solid player who handles things well, if not at all in an interesting or entertaining fashion. He saw Shirin's silly 4th dimensional plan as a possibility and called her out so she really couldn't do anything but play along if she wanted to snake her way forward. Joe, Jenn, and Shirin just had no play there which is why I think Jenn's "lets gently caress with them even though it really doesn't accomplish anything" scheme was as legitimate as Shirin's. But Shirin backed off hers because she decided she rather live another day.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Apr 16, 2015

• Locked thread