Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Reddy is apparently a good footballer on account of knowing where the try line is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

cpaf posted:

Reddy is apparently a good footballer on account of knowing where the try line is

Considering how in this sport a number of players can't tell the difference between a toilet, hallway, shoe, dog or mouth that's a pretty big achievement.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
NRL 2015: He tipped and then he never tipped again

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Rabbitohs apparently watched the tigers and warriors play and thought "paper is a good material to base defence upon!"

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

iajanus posted:

Rabbitohs apparently watched the tigers and warriors play and thought "paper is a good material to base defence upon!"

I was adequately entertained, so they're definitely onto something.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Watching Anasta and Mason on Sterlo, they look like the biggest meatheads in the world. Still the best NRL show on TV for analysis.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Imagine being a Titans fan if DCE does actually flip and stay at Manly after they've let Sezar go.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I keep hearing rumors of another NRL team starting in 2018 in kiwiland

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Red_Museum posted:

Imagine being a Titans fan if DCE does actually flip and stay at Manly after they've let Sezar go.

loving hilarious, but Foran is the one they're working on, I"m pretty sure DCE has burned his bridges already.

bowmore posted:

I keep hearing rumors of another NRL team starting in 2018 in kiwiland

It makes sense given the amount of local talent coming through these days, but I thought Brisbane II was the preferred option.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Does the NRL have enough talent to stretch for another team?

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

bowmore posted:

Does the NRL have enough talent to stretch for another team?

I think so, but there are questions over the ability of the existing 16 teams to adequately manage their finances. The Knights and Titans are under NRL control, and Wests and another team (I think) are getting handouts over and above the usual grants.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
The A-League will have probably chucked out the Phoenix by the time NRL expansion rolls around so Gareth Morgan will need to invest his money somewhere.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Jono C posted:

I think so, but there are questions over the ability of the existing 16 teams to adequately manage their finances. The Knights and Titans are under NRL control, and Wests and another team (I think) are getting handouts over and above the usual grants.

Yeah I really doubt we'll see expansion anytime soon with 3 or 4 basket case clubs being propped up right now. And if we did it'd be in Queensland, Perth, or the Central Coast before a second NZ team.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Actually learned something from the footy show for the first time ever. Was not aware that Josh McGuire was blind in one eye. Interesting.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

Actually learned something from the footy show for the first time ever. Was not aware that Josh McGuire was blind in one eye. Interesting.
Yeah that's hectic. At least he doesn't have to do much catching.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

Yeah that's hectic. At least he doesn't have to do much catching.

You wonder how many teams have come up with plans to try to take advantage of it somehow.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

You wonder how many teams have come up with plans to try to take advantage of it somehow.
They might keep it in mind now.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
If you're not watching Wigan wolves you're missing a top game. The pass from Joel Tomkins for manfredi's try just now was fantastic.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Also, Wigan announced at half time that Sam Tomkins will be re-joining them when he comes back from nz warriors

ili
Jul 26, 2003

bowmore posted:

They might keep it in mind now.

It's been out publicly for a few years.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

ili posted:

It's been out publicly for a few years.

I'm disappointed he doesn't wear an eyepatch while playing. It would be hilarious and he could do Thurston's thing of colour co-ordinating it with his jersey each week

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Apparently it was Mitchell Dodds who originally caused the eye injury, which is a bit weird since his career has suffered way more damage from injuries over the years

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

The ball handling has been loving atrocious in both games.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
I really don't care for any of these teams.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

I really don't care for any of these teams.

Yeah, I'm out watching my wife's soccer game and I saw the game on the clubhouse TV and couldn't be bothered to watch it.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Reed coming over to look after the unconscious Dragon player was nice to see there, good lad.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Dirty Frank posted:

Reed coming over to look after the unconscious Dragon player was nice to see there, good lad.

Knocked the gently caress out on his first action in the game haha.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

That Dragons defence is impressive.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Welp, too much dropped ball to win but we came bloody close even so... gg dragons

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Good game, way too many Broncos errors to deserve a win though

Nice to see some solid competency from the refs as well

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Jesus, Saints are loving awful. Worst 1st half for god knows how long. Utterly pathetic.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Ilyich posted:

Jesus, Saints are loving awful. Worst 1st half for god knows how long. Utterly pathetic.

When you allow two (three if you count the last one) breakaway tries like they did, you really need to examine your defensive strategy.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012

Troy Queef posted:

When you allow two (three if you count the last one) breakaway tries like they did, you really need to examine your defensive strategy.

Seems to be a problem for a lot of teams this year, far too many interception tries this year. As good as they are to watch, they are shocking from a defensive point of view. Saints seem to be especially vulnerable to them, they cost us against Hull KR too.

Edit. What is going on in this match, Saints look to be right back in it.

Surely that Leeds try is game over. Much improved 2nd half from Saints, shame the 1st half was so awful.

biscuits and crazy fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Apr 17, 2015

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
41-16 final score. Improved 2nd half, not that it would take much to improve on that 1st half, which was an abomination, but not good enough from Saints. Leeds were brilliant though, fully deserved winners.

That Leeds performance makes me wonder how the gently caress they managed to lose to Warrington, who have been terrible recently.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Im on the m62 home after the game and let me tell you I am incredibly happy with that performance. We made a very good saints side look ordinary, sorry Ilyich spelling). Us and you in grand final without any doubt.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Yeah, Leeds-Saints at OT again should be a good one. We should have some 1st team players back from injury soon, so we'll definitely give you a better game at Headingley.

Saints' next 3 are Widnes, Wakefield at home and Catalans in France, the 2 home games are very winnable and playing in France is a lottery. You never know with Catalans, one week they're terrible, the next they're unplayable. Anything less than 4 points out of 6 is unacceptable, then its the 6th round of the challenge cup. Saints are overdue a good cup run, hopefully we'll get one this year.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Ilyich posted:

Is it bad that I asked you were talking about St George and it still made perfect sense?

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Ilyich posted:

Yeah, Leeds-Saints at OT again should be a good one. We should have some 1st team players back from injury soon, so we'll definitely give you a better game at Headingley.

Saints' next 3 are Widnes, Wakefield at home and Catalans in France, the 2 home games are very winnable and playing in France is a lottery. You never know with Catalans, one week they're terrible, the next they're unplayable. Anything less than 4 points out of 6 is unacceptable, then its the 6th round of the challenge cup. Saints are overdue a good cup run, hopefully we'll get one this year.

You'll take six points from those three games, easy. We've got wolves next and even though we're at home it won't be easy.
Hoping we take the league leaders shield for once because in Jamie's and Kev's last season winning all three trophies would be ace.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Titans have a whole end closed up for today's game. Must be copying the soccer teams tactics for saving money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

iajanus posted:

Titans have a whole end closed up for today's game. Must be copying the soccer teams tactics for saving money.

Also makes the crowd look bigger on TV.

• Locked thread