Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Azuth0667 posted:

Isn't there a federal law preventing employers from discriminating based on religion?

In a 5-4 decision: It's freedom of religion, not freedom from religion. :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Phone posted:

In a 5-4 decision: It's freedom of religion, not freedom from religion. :rolleyes:

More like, "In a 5-4 decision: 'What are you usually doing just after mid-day on Friday?' is upheld as a totes legit interview question. It is the finding of the court that the plaintiff is the real racist."

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Azuth0667 posted:

Lets say I own a zoroastrian doughnut shop and I decide to hire people. I decide since I'm not reading 1000+ applications that I'm only going to hire other zoroastrians. The other potential employees decide to sue and I'm allowed to go "but, but, but, we're zoroastrian" to circumvent a federal law? How does that work?

Why are you running a religious non profit donut shop?

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Pohl posted:

Why are you running a religious non profit donut shop?

Because I make poor business decisions.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Dashcam footage shows Arizona cop intentionally run over suspect

quote:

Then, in a decision that Marana police Chief Terry Rozema says probably saved Valencia's life, Officer Michael Rapiejko drives his cruiser onto the sidewalk and rams Valencia.

Once again: James Holmes got taken alive and unharmed. Brown guy gets this.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Azuth0667 posted:

gently caress you, have you ever even had a Zoroasted donut made in a proper Zoroaster?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Azuth0667 posted:

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Fried Chicken posted:

Dashcam footage shows Arizona cop intentionally run over suspect

Once again: James Holmes got taken alive and unharmed. Brown guy gets this.

He got taken alive and unharmed because was sitting in his vehicle and obeying commands. This guy was walking towarda pedestrians with a weapon and not obeying commands, or, a reasonable loving time to ram someone with a vehicle rather than shooting them.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

My Imaginary GF posted:

He got taken alive and unharmed because was sitting in his vehicle and obeying commands. This guy was walking towarda pedestrians with a weapon and not obeying commands, or, a reasonable loving time to ram someone with a vehicle rather than shooting them.

1) Fine, Oswald then.
2) No pedestrians in the film. He's walking down an empty street.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

:aaaaa: avatar size please.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Azuth0667 posted:

:aaaaa: avatar size please.

What size is avatar size?

e: 125x125?

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Apr 16, 2015

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

FAUXTON posted:

About 30 meters high.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

FAUXTON posted:

Not gonna lie, I'm tempted to convert to this religion. That's loving fantastic.

chitoryu12 posted:

The minigun is probably a mixture between wanting to seem cool and show off our power and people with little understanding of collateral damage being the ones in charge of deciding on presidential defense weaponry.

The most likely thing to attack the White House that would actually cause damage (so not including random naked men scaling the fence or someone ramming a coupe into the gates and getting shot a dozen times) would be an aircraft crashing into it, so any defenses outside of the Secret Service and solid barriers should best be tailored for that.

I'm honestly surprised crazy people haven't tried things like semi-trailers, those seem to have a pretty good bit of momentum behind them. Though I confess that White House motor defenses are not something I have much knowledge of, maybe there are too many barriers to get much direct speed in a semi.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Aurubin posted:

Weren't moats generally kept disgusting on purpose to dissuade invaders? Somebody come up with a joke linking this to Republicans, I'm tired.

There was rarely any moving water involved, so yeah they were disgusting pits of stagnant water.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Mo_Steel posted:

Not gonna lie, I'm tempted to convert to this religion. That's loving fantastic.

I'm honestly surprised people haven't tried things like semi-trailers, those seem to have a pretty good bit of momentum behind them. Though I confess that White House motor defenses are not something I have much knowledge of, maybe there are too many barriers to get a much direct speed in a semi.

Considering the street in front of it is closed off with heavy bollards, yeah, not really working out too well. But I'm going to drop this topic before Lowtax gets Yet Another Call from the SS.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Mo_Steel posted:

I'm honestly surprised crazy people haven't tried things like semi-trailers, those seem to have a pretty good bit of momentum behind them. Though I confess that White House motor defenses are not something I have much knowledge of, maybe there are too many barriers to get much direct speed in a semi.
The roads towards the White House are angled such that it is difficult to engineer a head-on collision into the gates.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Fried Chicken posted:

1) Fine, Oswald then.

A typical white guy wouldn't have been able to get shot during a prison transfer.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

e: 125x125?

Amazing thanks :).

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Fried Chicken posted:

1) Fine, Oswald then.
2) No pedestrians in the film. He's walking down an empty street.

This was posted a month or two ago during Black death #9845897325

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/local/story/2014/dec/28/womshoots-hixsneighborhood/280032/

Crazy white woman drives around taking pot shots, then points her gun at the cops.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

gently caress off Chipotle, you are not in the tipping class of restaurants

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Judging me on the content of my character?! That's...that's just like racism!

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

chitoryu12 posted:

As far as I know the anti-air defenses of the White House are predominately NASAMS and similar SAM launchers.

[Hank Hill voice] Are you telling me that the blessed White House is defended by a weapons system made by Europeans? Bwahhh!!!

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
Why are americans loving pussies when it comes to anything.

Wah wah a gyrocopter were all gonna die.

If that had been a suicide bomber and had ended up killing all the congressmen that would of only been a improvement. gently caress those turds.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

PerpetualSelf posted:

We're not pussies on pedophiles, you godless monarchist.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

PerpetualSelf posted:

If that had been a suicide bomber and had ended up killing all the congressmen that would of only been a improvement. gently caress those turds.

Dear secret service, when we say eat the rich we mean that they should be stripped of their title and assets and made to suffer a pedestrian life.

SA is literally going into the library of congress and goons still talk like drunken stalinists. :v:

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

RuanGacho posted:

Dear secret service, when we say eat the rich we mean that they should be stripped of their title and assets and made to suffer a pedestrian life.

SA is literally going into the library of congress and goons still talk like drunken stalinists. :v:

Such is life.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

PerpetualSelf posted:

Are you the Dr Lexus from Idiocracy?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

JT Jag posted:

People with bad opinions aren't a protected class, sorry.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Don't judge me for the content of my character, you racist.

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

Azuth0667 posted:

Lets say I own a zoroastrian doughnut shop and I decide to hire people. I decide since I'm not reading 1000+ applications that I'm only going to hire other zoroastrians. The other potential employees decide to sue and I'm allowed to go "but, but, but, we're zoroastrian" to circumvent a federal law? How does that work?

THe act only applies when a Buisness is asked to partake in an activity that conflicts with their convictions . Bakery shop by law cannot not do Buisness with zoroastrian, but if the doughnut shop is asked to make doughnuts with fake dicks going through them then the Buisness can say no. If the doughnut shop is asked to deliver doughnuts to aN anti-semItic / anti-democracy zoroastrian party then they can say no.

Truthfully, the whole loving thing was stupid to start off with and libtards made a big deal out of it for nothing. But it was meant to be a smoke and mirror situation politicly just like ferguson, and all that other poo poo.

Bill Clinton signed the act in 1992 and Hilary supported RFRA ACT. it was to protect native Americans whine wanted to smoke peyote for religious reasons. Now Hillary does not support it because her failed attempt to run to.

The administration made a big deal out of it at the same exact time as the Iran nuke deal. This took some media focus off the nuke deal and set it towards the controversial RFRA. Hillary sought the opportunity for political gains from this to increase support. This is modern politics

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Karnegal posted:

gently caress off Chipotle, you are not in the tipping class of restaurants

do you tip streetfood vendors

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Edit: Oh gently caress, I did not mean to turn this into a tipping thread. Those are worse than circumcision threads.
gently caress it, I edited all of that out. This is not a thread about tipping.

Pohl fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Apr 16, 2015

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

drakegrim posted:

But it was meant to be a smoke and mirror situation politicly just like ferguson, and all that other poo poo.

Oh boy, and from what devious trick were these smoke and mirrors distracting everyone's attention? Another Benghazi?

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

On the topic Of Hillary, in or out?

Banghazi scandal- that should have disqualified her right off the bat
Bill Clinton pedo scandal- wtf?
Email scandal- every self respecting dod contractor or civil servant knows they would have lost their security clearance or been locked up for this poo poo
She is a hot head with a fowl mouth. Not good for representing Americans, but then again

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

drakegrim posted:

Is this what we're calling the Lewinsky scandal now?

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

drakegrim posted:

Bill Clinton pedo scandal- wtf?
Email scandal- every self respecting dod contractor or civil servant knows they would have lost their security clearance or been locked up for this poo poo
She is a hot head with a fowl mouth. Not good for representing Americans, but then again

Source your quotes.

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx
So is Drakegrim for real or are they just a markov chain generator?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

"Hillary was not a sufficiently premium lay to keep the notorious horndog Bill Clinton from cheating on her with interns, minor celebrities, underaged prostitutes. Do you really want a President with such weak-assed head game?" - at least one Foxnews contributor, within the next 12 months.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Oh no, not a foul mouthed President! Good heavens!

I do declare this coarse language shall give me the vapors!

*fans self vigorously*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

PupsOfWar posted:

"Hillary was not a sufficiently premium lay to keep the notorious horndog Bill Clinton from cheating on her with interns, minor celebrities, underaged prostitutes. Do you really want a President with such weak-assed head game?" - at least one Foxnews contributor, within the next 12 months.

I'll be surprised if it's not the next 12 days

• Locked thread