Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Byolante posted:

He will probably get swatted and shot by a cop

is that a promise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Something has gone terribly wrong here.

I'm stuck on a bridge, in the air. There is nothing here to be stuck on. Another cart just drove under me.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Angela Christine posted:

I'm stuck on a bridge, in the air. There is nothing here to be stuck on. Another cart just drove under me. playing Archeage

FTFY

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Angela Christine posted:

I'm stuck on a bridge, in the air. There is nothing here to be stuck on. Another cart just drove under me.

RIP Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrane, never going to catch those Duke boys now.

Stoomie
Sep 16, 2008
I'm surprised so many goon guilds seem to have vanished from this game, I just started three months ago and the potential to gently caress with people is glorious:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
We were doing that as soon as we gained access to carts. With the bellyaching pubbies do I'm surprised you can still do that. We would sit there for a while, then try and add pubbies with carts to the party, then steal all their packs from their cart and boot em. It was wonderful fun.

Stoomie
Sep 16, 2008
Actually they recently got rid of the away timer disconnecting you, so they had to re-evaluate and make a statement about blockading/blocking being within the rules because of people parking carts on NPCs and the like. They made it actionable to vehicle block NPCs and player owned property, but ruled that blockading was acceptable.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I still love ArcheAge

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Stoomie posted:

Actually they recently got rid of the away timer disconnecting you, so they had to re-evaluate and make a statement about blockading/blocking being within the rules because of people parking carts on NPCs and the like. They made it actionable to vehicle block NPCs and player owned property, but ruled that blockading was acceptable.

Wouldn't have surprised me if they had caved to some whining pubbies and started handing out bans for blockading. That poo poo was pretty fun when I got my farm wagon and could block off some of the bridges by myself, but that was like 5 months ago now. A lot happened since then.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

PCOS Bill posted:

I still love ArcheAge

me too i really like to steal small things from people, like their poultry, and see if they get upset about it

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Play reign of kings and get the condensed experience of starting on a brand new server, grouping up with goons, then getting all of your poo poo stolen and killed in your sleep and they take your land and leave your crafting stations floating in midair as they use your stone to make a torture shack in the woods that they drag your now naked body to and lock you in a cage because you have no sharp rocks in your butt to free yourself with. And by free yourself I mean kill yourself and shuffle off of this mortal coil. It's basically the same thing as AA but it only costs 20 bucks up front and that's it.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Archeage has new costumes out this week. Boy they love costumes.

The white/grey/pink costumes are available in the cash shop for a little over than $15. The black/red costumes are only available from RNG boxes, so you may have to spend literally hundreds of dollars to get one.
:eyepop:

Within hours someone posted these screenshots, proudly showing off that they had paid for both,

Who are these idiots shelling out piles of cash for multiple costumes when they can only wear one at a time??? All the costumes and RNG boxes are bound now, so you can't even buy them and resell them on the AH for imaginary gold.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Why would they price a cosmetic the same as what there game costs to play for a month? Is that how that usually works in stupid "micro" transaction games?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Charles Bukowski posted:

Why would they price a cosmetic the same as what there game costs to play for a month?

Because idiots pay it.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Charles Bukowski posted:

Why would they price a cosmetic the same as what there game costs to play for a month? Is that how that usually works in stupid "micro" transaction games?

I know people in wow who spent 25 dollars multiple times for mounts they never intend to ride to increase their mount count enough to unlock and achievement to get a mount they will never ride. Never underestimate the dumb poo poo mmo players will buy.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Byolante posted:

I know people in wow who spent 25 dollars multiple times for mounts they never intend to ride to increase their mount count enough to unlock and achievement to get a mount they will never ride. Never underestimate the dumb poo poo mmo players will buy.

Star pony is still best mount.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

effectual posted:

Star pony is still best mount.

Black Proto uber alles

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Play project gorgon with good AA goons like glug.

It is also a really cool and fun game and it's completely entirely free.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Charles Bukowski posted:

That's how costumes are priced even in subscription-only games.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

hakimashou posted:

Play project gorgon with good AA goons like glug.

It is also a really cool and fun game and it's completely entirely free.

Just looked this up, you can drop things on the ground and they sit on the ground? :eyepop: Wow.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Hello what is the server with people on it thank you

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

strong bird posted:

Hello what is the server with people on it thank you

Aranzeb

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
shameful

strong bird
May 12, 2009

I want to play the video game with my friends from the somethingawful.com forums.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

strong bird posted:

I want to play the video game with my friends from the somethingawful.com forums.

Gta 5 online.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i play on tahyang west and have a lot of fun being a rude troll, come to tahyang west

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Eonwe posted:

shameful

Weren't you the one crying about me being ~mean~?

strong bird
May 12, 2009

PCOS Bill posted:

Who do I contact

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
Most goons are in Marauders, reach out to Balistafreak in game.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

They have not responded

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

strong bird posted:

They have not responded

tahyang west, turkey boyz

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

PCOS Bill posted:

Wat

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I was thinking about this more and I have no clue who you are

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Balista is still soldiering on?

Taran
Nov 2, 2002

What? I don't get to yell "I'LL FINISH THIS" anymore?

Grimey Drawer
Balistafreak is a hero of the people, and I hope he ends up leading a guild in a (good) MMO in the future.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Eonwe posted:

I was thinking about this more and I have no clue who you are

Okay I guess it wasn't you then.

Dasyati
Nov 7, 2011
Balistafreak figured out how to kite low-level mobs with AoE attacks onto the Dewstone bridge where we would have haulers pinned down. We picked so many larder packs we didn't have land to put them on.

It wasn't until the second night when we changed our tags to another BR guild (ala Vaior) that someone started screaming about us "glitching" in faction.

Sorry I didn't think to get shots of actual haulers going down, I hope someone else got a few good ones.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Well that makes me happy. Balista is indeed a really cool dude. Miss you bro.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Charles Bukowski posted:

Well that makes me happy. Balista is indeed a really cool dude. Miss you bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

its time to pvp

A Spider Covets fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Apr 16, 2015

• Locked thread