Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Here's an article about that hallway fight in DD episode 2, which apparently only took one take

Also the same guy who did the fight choreography for DD is doing it for Deadpool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Guy A. Person posted:

Catwoman and Elektra were also the last (and only?) superhero movies headlined by women, and will be until Wonder Woman in two years. That is depressing on so many levels.

Well hey, at least everything's on track for Wonder Woman to be a solid, carefully put together hit.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Scyantific posted:

Here's an article about that hallway fight in DD episode 2, which apparently only took one take

Also the same guy who did the fight choreography for DD is doing it for Deadpool.

Re-watching that fight scene, it's funny when you realize that in addition to showing us how loving tired Daredevil is, that last little stumble he has at the end also exists to switch from his stunt double back to Charlie Cox.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

I'm still catching up with the last few pages of this thread, so apologies if this has been covered. But just some sage words of advice: Don't binge watch Flash, Gotham, and then Powers, in that order (or if you do, prepare to be severely disappointed). Great to have Flash back again, even if wasn't the best ep! Gothams's okay, always nice for Penguin's appearances, and I do so like the fellas playing Gordon and Bullock. Powers, though... eeesh. Even Smallville's Stride Gum product placement wasn't as terrible as that 45 minute Under Amour commercial I just watched. Poor Eddie Izzard, he deserves better. :(

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Re-watching that fight scene, it's funny when you realize that in addition to showing us how loving tired Daredevil is, that last little stumble he has at the end also exists to switch from his stunt double back to Charlie Cox.

I don't know that I have ever seen a stunt double that looked more like the actor than the guy in Daredevil. Some scenes you're like, wait, did Charlie Cox learn how to do flippy poo poo?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Guy A. Person posted:

Catwoman and Elektra were also the last (and only?) superhero movies headlined by women, and will be until Wonder Woman in two years. That is depressing on so many levels.

Patty Jenkins is going to make things right.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Not only, there was Supergirl in the 80s. Tank Girl and Barb Wire in the 90s.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

greatn posted:

Not only, there was Supergirl in the 80s. Tank Girl and Barb Wire in the 90s.

those last two are somewhat of a stretch to call superhero movies

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Skwirl posted:

I mentioned it somewhere else, the stunt double is Chris Evans stunt double in Winter Solider. They sort of fight similar.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rocksicles posted:

I mentioned it somewhere else, the stunt double is Chris Evans stunt double in Winter Solider. They sort of fight similar.

Well they train together a lot

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Sefer posted:

Edit: Re: Daredevil
Was anyone else really surprised that they killed off Ben Urich? I would have thought they'd want the character around for the other Netflix shows.

I was honestly a little upset about it. He was an outstanding character that was cast amazingly well. And yeah completely shocked.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
DeKnight said in that one interview, that death was requested by Marvel higher ups. It wasn't a stupid death and it did feed the story, but as a long time DD fan it sure surprised the gently caress out of me.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Urich's death was upsetting, but I was okay with it because it followed a logical progression. He wasn't cautious and blurted out the story to everyone in the office, even though he suspected someone there was working for Fisk. Page this season has basically been primed to take over his role and I look forward to seeing what comes out of that.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Apr 16, 2015

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Anything else you want to spoil?

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Apr 16, 2015

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WSe9ugpXIw

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
This is why I didn't open this thread until I had finished Daredevil.

In other news, set photos show Tennant isn't purple (but wears purple) and hey, Luke Cage is part of the cast for AKA, Jessica Jones, which is nice. I just hope his role is substantial enough, because I reallly worry about the Jones character carrying a 13 episode series on her own.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

XboxPants posted:

Well hey, at least everything's on track for Wonder Woman to be a solid, carefully put together hit.

teagone posted:

Patty Jenkins is going to make things right.

I think the first post was made before the announcement in the second post, so hopefully it does work out! If not we have Captain Marvel a year later.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

ToastyPotato posted:

This is why I didn't open this thread until I had finished Daredevil.

In other news, set photos show Tennant isn't purple (but wears purple) and hey, Luke Cage is part of the cast for AKA, Jessica Jones, which is nice. I just hope his role is substantial enough, because I reallly worry about the Jones character carrying a 13 episode series on her own.

He's in 8 episodes, that info is already out there.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

redbackground posted:

Anything else you want to spoil?

The spoiler embargo has been off Daredevil since Monday or is it for eternity in this thread?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

The spoiler embargo has been off Daredevil since Monday or is it for eternity in this thread?

Spoil everything, drink the tears.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just read an article about Arrow and it wasn't a fake out/leading to a spin off, Colton Haynes really is leaving the show and is no longer a series regular. Although according to producers this was always part of his character arc as he was only signed on for two years to begin with. One good thing is that he's open to doing guest spots on any Arrowverse show and will show up in one more episode this season.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
Daredevil is really, really good. I appreciate the nuaces they allowed with the characters. I loved that Karen was competant and driven. I loved that Fisk was asocial and weird. I love that Matt is left a tad underdone and now the audience wants to know how he became Daredevil. It's by far the best superhero TV show I've ever seen and the cast is point-by-point perfection.

My only issue is

Matt beats himself up about the "to kill or not to kill" after he kills Nobu, admittedly in self-defense. It's much more Catholic to ask whether killing in self-defense is a sin.

Also, I love that they're linking this series closer to the Iron Fist series than anything else.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

If the embargo ended Monday, okay, I wasn't aware of it.

The trouble is that this is a catch-all tv thread--if I don't want to be spoiled about the new Avengers comic, I know to avoid the Avengers thread, same with Batman. Here, all tv shows are being discussed, including ones that are have full seasons dumped at one time that take people varying time to get through. I'm only up to ep 8, so seeing a flat-out "Oh hey, when Specific Character dies..." post with no warning, that kind of blows. :shrug:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Hey, if it helps, I spoiled myself literally ten minutes before it happens in the episode.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Hey man, I know it won't help any now but I'm sorry about that screw-up on my part. I forgot we were in the general and it wasn't intentional.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I have no idea what embargo you're talking about but since Daredevil isn't a weekly series like the other shows or comics I would have expected people to have a shred of self awareness or decency and not blurt out major spoilers for the end of the series to people since expecting people to marathon through a 13 hour show in a few days is a bit ridiculous. And people have decided to do this in multiple threads in BSS for some dumb reason.

But at least when Alias comes around I'll know to put up a warning saying please don't be a dick with spoilers or you'll be probated.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Waterhaul posted:

I have no idea what embargo you're talking about
Probably the one for the TVIV thread.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
I just kind of assumed that Ben was destined to die, since lately it seems that all of the secondary characters I like tend to get killed off.

MonsterWalk posted:

Also, I love that they're linking this series closer to the Iron Fist series than anything else.

I think that may be my favorite of all the little side details/references in the series seeing as how I've been an Iron Fist fan since I was a kid, as well as the fact that it's the last of the Netflix shows to still have some mystery left as far as casting and story details go (at least to my knowledge anyway). I got really excited when I saw the image of Davos' half-assed Shou-Lao the Undying marking as the brand on the heroin bags. That and the "yes, my home is very far away" (or whatever her exact words were) exchange between Gao and Owsley when he asked her if the home she referred to was in China.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Waterhaul posted:

I have no idea what embargo you're talking about but since Daredevil isn't a weekly series like the other shows or comics I would have expected people to have a shred of self awareness or decency and not blurt out major spoilers for the end of the series to people since expecting people to marathon through a 13 hour show in a few days is a bit ridiculous. And people have decided to do this in multiple threads in BSS for some dumb reason.

But at least when Alias comes around I'll know to put up a warning saying please don't be a dick with spoilers or you'll be probated.

Yeah, there was a 72 hour embargo from the time of release. Deadpool laid it down for MCU binge watchers.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Deadpool's a TV IV mod, so that only applies to that sub-forum.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Opopanax posted:

Well they train together a lot

Boom! nice one.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gaz-L posted:

Deadpool's a TV IV mod, so that only applies to that sub-forum.

Correct.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Mentalizer posted:

I just kind of assumed that Ben was destined to die, since lately it seems that all of the secondary characters I like tend to get killed off.

I think that may be my favorite of all the little side details/references in the series seeing as how I've been an Iron Fist fan since I was a kid, as well as the fact that it's the last of the Netflix shows to still have some mystery left as far as casting and story details go (at least to my knowledge anyway). I got really excited when I saw the image of Davos' half-assed Shou-Lao the Undying marking as the brand on the heroin bags. That and the "yes, my home is very far away" (or whatever her exact words were) exchange between Gao and Owsley when he asked her if the home she referred to was in China.

She's totally going to be Crane Mother in Iron Fist. I'd be surprised if she wasn't

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/17/marvel-john-ridley

Entertainment Weekly posted:

Let the speculation begin: EW has learned that Oscar-winning writer-producer John Ridley (12 Years a Slave) is teaming up with Marvel to develop a mysterious new TV series.

We hear the deal involves reinventing an existing Marvel superhero character or property for ABC—but all sides are staying quiet on exactly which title Ridley is adapting.

This comes on the heels of EW breaking the news that Marvel and ABC are also developing a spinoff series to The Avengers tie-in Agents of SHIELD.

What's crazy is that this is apparently separate from the reported Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spinoff, which would make for a total of FOUR Marvel shows on ABC (not all concurrently, but still) if everything including Agent Carter gets picked up.

I don't understand how that makes business sense for ABC given the middling ratings of the Marvel shows this season, but hey, I won't complain. Probably doesn't bode well for Agent Carter's chances of a second season, though.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Barry Convex posted:

What's crazy is that this is apparently separate from the reported Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spinoff, which would make for a total of FOUR Marvel shows on ABC (not all concurrently, but still) if everything including Agent Carter gets picked up.

I don't understand how that makes business sense for ABC given the middling ratings of the Marvel shows this season, but hey, I won't complain. Probably doesn't bode well for Agent Carter's chances of a second season, though.

Is anything else ABC is showing getting better ratings? Hell aside from Gotham I'm pretty sure SHIELD is the highest rated superhero tv show.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Barry Convex posted:

Maybe they are going to go more balls to the wall with the new shows.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ToastyPotato posted:

Maybe they are going to go more balls to the wall with the new shows.

Looking at his resume, John Ridley seems like a good start.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Skwirl posted:

Is anything else ABC is showing getting better ratings? Hell aside from Gotham I'm pretty sure SHIELD is the highest rated superhero tv show.

As far as dramas, the Shondaland shows and OUAT all get better ratings.

"Highest rated superhero TV show" is meaningless given CW's very different business model, and I think Flash has actually done better some weeks.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

AMC has confirmed that Dominic Cooper will be Jesse Custer in Preacher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well if Preacher sucks, it won't be because of the casting that's for sure.