Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Looking at those 4K shots:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR NOT USING CHROMATIC ABERRATION!!!! SERIOUSLY THANK YOU!

Is that something that happens with 4k screenshots? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
It's that lovely ULTRA MODERN SUPER AMAZING graphical technique where the RGB values separate in the image and it looks loving HORRIBLE.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

It's that lovely ULTRA MODERN SUPER AMAZING graphical technique where the RGB values separate in the image and it looks loving HORRIBLE.

I know what it is...

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Is that something that happens with 4k screenshots? :confused:

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I know what it is...

:colbert:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

He's asking if it is a constant or by default thing that happens with 4k screenies, since it's not a thing I've really heard about happening to normal screenshots.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Mike the TV posted:

I preordered on steam and it bundled with Witcher 1 and 2 with a bunch of DLC. I played about 10 hours of the first one and decided maybe I should just plunge into the second one for now. Did the tutorial, died when it threw two guys at me for the first time, suggested I play on Easy. I said 'gently caress you game, I'm gonna play on Normal!" Die constantly. :saddowns:

Play conservatively at first. The initial talent in the Swordsmanship tree that increases the range of your roll is worth a point (and maybe two), regardless of whatever else you spend points on. I would also get the Riposte talent, if only because the game assumes you know how to do that at a few points in Act 2. Also, try to use every resource you have- if you see enemies ahead, or you're approaching a combat-heavy segment, drink a potion. Oil/sharpen your sword, experiment with the different Signs, etc... And bombs! Bombs are good.

Oh, and anything that boosts Vigor (signs and block/riposte) regen is useful. Namely, the second tier of the Vigor Regeneration talent in the dinky starter talent tree, and the first + second tiers of the Fortitude talent at the end of it. Vigor Regen, Vigor Regen, Parrying, Fortitude, Fortitude is a very good way to go through that tree, and sets you up to go in pretty much whatever direction you want.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Can you guys fly me to Poland to play your game?

Please?

I want my Witcher now!

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
I'm cautiously optimistic about this, if only because I actually liked running around doing armwrestling, fistfighting and finding out how far from the truth is dandelion's logwriting. The dogges also look very fluffy, that is a plus in my book. :3:

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Drifter posted:

He's asking if it is a constant or by default thing that happens with 4k screenies, since it's not a thing I've really heard about happening to normal screenshots.

I think he's just pleased that the game itself doesn't use it as a graphical option because it's really dumb and makes games look like poo poo, but for some reason recently devs have been using it in games like Dying Light and Lords of the Fallen. The latter eventually added an option to remove the effect because there was so much backlash about it. Removing it made the game look sooo much better.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

sauer kraut posted:

Took me 20 hours of fighting with weapons like a peasant, thousands of gold and way too many talent points, but the TW2 Igni train has finally left the station :supaburn:

The sad thing compared to W1 is that Swordsmanship is way better than Mage this time around.
I hope the signs will be as good as that IGN article made them sound like in 3, back to the glory days of 360 degree fear-inducing, burning Igni please!

Orv
May 4, 2011

NaDy posted:

I think he's just pleased that the game itself doesn't use it as a graphical option because it's really dumb and makes games look like poo poo, but for some reason recently devs have been using it in games like Dying Light and Lords of the Fallen. The latter eventually added an option to remove the effect because there was so much backlash about it. Removing it made the game look sooo much better.

It's actually in 3, though I don't know if it's a default on. They actually made a bit of noise a couple weeks back saying "Hey you can turn off the worst feature since motion blur became A Thing".

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Orv posted:

It's actually in 3, though I don't know if it's a default on. They actually made a bit of noise a couple weeks back saying "Hey you can turn off the worst feature since motion blur became A Thing".

Ah ok I didn't realise it was in, but it's definitely nice to have the option to turn it off because drat it sucks.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
poo poo. I'm killing it ASAP.

I don't mind it on HUD elements like how Crysis was like, "You're hurt you stupid gently caress!" but when it's just there it looks horrible kind of like lens flare besides I'm looking at things with eyes not a loving camera God damnit Battlefield gently caress you. Worst offended at every graphical effect.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
If you look at the fourth screenshot there's actually some Chromatic Aberration in there. It's a lot subtler than in, say, Dying Light or Lords of the Fallen, but it's there.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

quote:

Was just wondering - a silly thought have crossed my mind - will it be possible to consumate marriage between Geralt of Rivia and Triss Merigold in Witcher 3 ? Thank you for your repply.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Uh, pretty sure they already "consummated" a bunch of times. And that's assuming there's anything left of Triss when Yennifer gets done with her...

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Source your quotes.

Also loving lol

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Ah, but will it be possible for Geralt to "consummate" his marriage with Dandelion?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Panzeh posted:

Ah, but will it be possible for Geralt to "consummate" his marriage with Dandelion?

OAquinas posted:

Uh, pretty sure they already "consummated" a bunch of times. And that's assuming there's anything left of Dandelion when Yennifer gets done with him...

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.
What is with the creepy sex questions? yesterday it was some shitposter talking about his jerk off routine, today "consumation". Ew

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Wait, was someone HERE doing that yesterday? I must've completely glossed over that poo poo. The gently caress is wro--GOONS

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

What is with the creepy sex questions? yesterday it was some shitposter talking about his jerk off routine, today "consumation". Ew

When there's no actual information coming out, people resort to...darker urges to express their excitement, perhaps.

But for real though, lemme have a beta code for steam. I'll give lots of good feedback, I swear, Comte.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I get one free copy and it is mine.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

I get one free copy and it is mine.

Oh, I've already preordered it. I just want to play it now.

:negative:

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011

cant wait to j/o all over the tits of these hot babes, in a THREESOME!!!! because, saying that, is actualy creepier, than the sort of mentality tat leads to their inclusion in the frist place

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Well, I mean, to be fair, we've all played Witcher 1, right? CDProjekt built this house of their own volition.

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
Witcher 3 isn't Skyrim. :dealwithit:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Section 31 posted:

Witcher 3 isn't Skyrim. :dealwithit:

That just means all the dirty and inappropriate sex stuff will be put in by the devs, and not he playerbase.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

iCe-CuBe. posted:

cant wait to j/o all over the tits of these hot babes, in a THREESOME!!!! because, saying that, is actualy creepier, than the sort of mentality tat leads to their inclusion in the frist place

the gently caress is wrong with you? How do you keep getting unbanned?

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/after-multiple-delays-witcher-3-goes-gold/1100-6426676/

Yay

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

If it's done ahead of schedule, does that mean the release date will be moved up? I'm guessing the answer is no, but I can dream.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

And there was much rejoicing. Too early to say when we'll be able to start pre loading the game? I'm assuming it's going to be massive.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Manatee Cannon posted:

If it's done ahead of schedule, does that mean the release date will be moved up? I'm guessing the answer is no, but I can dream.

This is on schedule, I know that with digital distribution it seems like it could just go out today, but we also have a worldwide physical release.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Oh, I misread the beginning of the article then.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Does the free copy of the witcher 3 come with any new 900 gtx card, or only for specific brands?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Manatee Cannon posted:

Yeah they probably have tons of QA/bugtesting to do if the game is that large.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Bort Bortles posted:

Yeah they probably have tons of QA/bugtesting to do if the game is that large.

Gold usually means that phase has completed. I'm sure some are working on day-0 patch stuff, but I suspect/hope it's not that many.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Subjunctive posted:

Gold usually means that phase has completed. I'm sure some are working on day-0 patch stuff, but I suspect/hope it's not that many.
Oh really? Huh. I didnt even know that Gold status meant it was ready on time or whatever :shrug:

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
Gold means that the final version, the one you get in the box, pre-patch is completed and certified by the console people. There are still patches, but they are separate development branches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Woohoo! One more month! :unsmigghh::respek::heysexy:

:negative:

• Locked thread