Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

What about that really warrants the "Oh poo poo!"? As far as foreshadowing goes it's pretty obvious. Yuya's even in the same position as in ep14, having an emotional crisis after getting his was kicked by reiji.

Nothing, but I didn't want to go back and edit it to "Huh that's kinda cool foreshadowing they got some really strong continuity in Arc-V"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

It seems they're trying to fix how they hosed up Ra.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

:lol: Lava Golem has been surpassed.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So I was going through and editing the final matches but we have a problem.

Everything up to my duel with BlazeDragon edited fine, but Senerio vs MyriadTruths (Nothing important just the final round) is split into 2 because Hitbox is dumb

Senerio Vs Blazedragon
http://www.hitbox.tv/video/481566

Rigged vs Blazedragon
http://www.hitbox.tv/video/489615

Endorph Vs Senerio
http://www.hitbox.tv/video/489621

LIVE DUEL: Onmi vs Blaze Dragon
http://www.hitbox.tv/video/489643

FINALS: MYRIAD TRUTHS VS SENERIO
Vid 1: http://www.hitbox.tv/video/489647
Vid 2: http://www.hitbox.tv/video/489649

Anyway, See you all tomorrow for ARC-V TAG TEAM TURMOIL

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Holy poo poo, it's even doing the thing that your opponent can have Ra but not be able to unseal it like in the anime, that's great.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

So Who's on team Synchro?
(Oh and that zephyros bit was a blunder on my part, I forgot the return to hand effect, and yes I threw away the duel with it.)

And Wouldnt Sphere Ra allow the opponent to summon their own Ra if they had one?
It also special summons Ra, and that can be negated.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Apr 16, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

So Who's on team Synchro?
(Oh and that zephyros bit was a blunder on my part, I forgot the return to hand effect, and yes I threw away the duel with it.)

And Wouldnt Sphere Ra allow the opponent to summon their own Ra if they had one?
It also special summons Ra, and that can be negated.

Yes but that means everyone needs Ra in their board to face potential Sphere's, And it's not the Ra effect that's the best part, it's the "I tribute 3 of my opponents monsters to give you this 0/0 sphere that you can't use at all."

it doesn't matter if they negate it, it kills 3 monsters.

EDIT: Also

Onmi fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Apr 16, 2015

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I finished episode 31.

Why is Gongenzaka so amazing

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Oh man, I'm so tempted to build an Egyptian God deck now

How cool would be to have a meta comprised of gimmicky decks? :allears:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

TFRazorsaw posted:

I finished episode 31.

Why is Gongenzaka so amazing

He's being played straight. If he was a joke-character as the first episode might have suggested it just wouldn't have worked.

Also this,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On16Buam5QU

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Oh man, I'm so tempted to build an Egyptian God deck now

How cool would be to have a meta comprised of gimmicky decks? :allears:

Bring on the frog lancer meta I say. :frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Can someone explain to me how the timeline works in Arc-V also?

I had been under the impression that it went Duel Monsters > GX > 5D's > Zexal > Arc-V, but apparently Jack is from the sequel dimension and that actually IS the city from Zexal that Yuuto and friends are from?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Zexal and Arc-V are their own thing entirely.

However, before Jack and Crow were revealed, the idea was that the different summoning dimensions from Arc-V were homages to previous series and no the series themselves.

Now all the bets are off.

Xoidanor posted:

Bring on the frog lancer meta I say. :frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren:

I want a format where the best deck is the one able to summon Sophia :v:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

TFRazorsaw posted:

Can someone explain to me how the timeline works in Arc-V also?

I had been under the impression that it went Duel Monsters > GX > 5D's > Zexal > Arc-V, but apparently Jack is from the sequel dimension and that actually IS the city from Zexal that Yuuto and friends are from?

There's no timeline, only theories.

So like The Legend of Zelda.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

But characters and events from previous shows appear or are referenced in 5D's and GX.

Isn't "Bonds Beyond Time" canon? They all meet each other.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Holy poo poo that Sphere Mode. They finally fixed Ra! They really did it! And I seriously want to see how real-life Stardust Sifr will be, maybe...

"1 Tuner Synchro Monster + 2 or more non-Tuner Synchro Monsters
Must be Synchro Summoned, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. If this card is Synchro Summoned: You can treat "Stardust Spark Dragon" as a Tuner monster. You can only activate one effect of Divine Spark Dragon Stardust Sifr per turn, and only once per turn. (1) You can negate an instance of destruction. When you do, you can destroy an equal number of cards. (2) If this card is in your Graveyard: You can banish it, then summon a Synchro monster with "Stardust" in its name from your Graveyard, except "Divine Spark Dragon Stardust Sifr", ignoring its summoning conditions."

Hope Zexal should also be interesting, since in the manga it required Shining Numbers which it is unlikely to require in reality. It's another Rank 0, so I'm guessing...

"3 "Number C" or "Number S" Xyz Monsters with the same Rank
(This card's original Rank is always treated as 1.)
Cannot be destroyed by battle. When this card is Special Summoned, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects. This card's ATK is equal to the total Ranks of all monsters used as Xyz Material for its Summon x 500."

...if they're sticking to the manga. They might go with something completely different.

Also poo poo, is the tournament today? My Fusion HERO deck is still absolute poo poo. I can play but I'd really, really like someone to help me fine-tune this, I seriously doubt I'll manage much when I can't even beat the AI consistently.

TFRazorsaw posted:

But characters and events from previous shows appear or are referenced in 5D's and GX.

Isn't "Bonds Beyond Time" canon? They all meet each other.

Correct. Bonds Beyond Time is canon, as it is referenced in 5D's. The first three series happen in the same universe. Zexal seems to happen in its own separate 'verse, and Arc-V happens in four different dimensions that may or may not be connected to previous series. Jack and Crow will hopefully clear this up...hopefully...

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 16, 2015

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

:lol: Lava Golem has been surpassed.

Lava Golem still burns and only requires two tributes. If your opponent is savvy enough, he'll know it's coming and only summon two monsters to wreck your poo poo left and right.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

Correct. Bonds Beyond Time is canon, as it is referenced in 5D's. The first three series happen in the same universe. Zexal seems to happen in its own separate 'verse, and Arc-V happens in four different dimensions that may or may not be connected to previous series. Jack and Crow will hopefully clear this up...hopefully...

Time travel movie logic tells me that events diverged into both the Standard and Synchro dimension sometime between the events of GX and 5D's/ARC-V.

Slur posted:

Lava Golem still burns and only requires two tributes. If your opponent is savvy enough, he'll know it's coming and only summon two monsters to wreck your poo poo left and right.

But you don't get the Lava Golem. Sphere is almost untouchable (only mass removal) and could as such be splashed in against anything that swarms the field, it also makes it a great stalling card. It doesn't need to be tributed into Ra to be good.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Random tidbits from June's VJ

Potential spoilers for Arc-v I guess.

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:
Wow that is some cool Egyptian god support, hopefully they add some stuff to Slyfer and Obelisk as well. Also I just read about this, Meiru's Sybil archetype is getting printed! Only a few cards have been shown but hopefully they add more as the show goes on.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh my god, they printed Mieru's ritual. Welcome back, PACMAN. :stare:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Let it be known that I am groggy enough to not be able to remember even the most basic of card effects today.

Slur fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Apr 16, 2015

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Random tidbits from June's VJ

Potential spoilers for Arc-v I guess.

from the way it's described there, these aren't the Jack and Crow we know, but AU versions of them.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

from the way it's described there, these aren't the Jack and Crow we know, but AU versions of them.

Which is a bad decision and Konami should feel bad.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Slur posted:

Which is a bad decision and Konami should feel bad.

This cannot be understated.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
5D's turned into a loving terrible show, so crossing over with it would be an equally terrible idea.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

VJeff posted:

5D's turned into a loving terrible show, so crossing over with it would be an equally terrible idea.

I highly disagree with you, and believe this show needs some inter-continuity by some means.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

VJeff posted:

Why even bring up the angle if you're not going to use it properly? :argh:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I believe I wanna watch Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V, so far the best designed and executed series in the franchise since the original manga, not a walking tour of all the horrible decisions that have ruined everything else since then.

Xoidanor posted:

Why even bring up the angle if you're not going to use it properly? :argh:

They are. This is literally the only proper way to use it. You have Jack, the character, the voice actor, the deck, everything that made Jack special and made him a fan favorite character, without all the lovely baggage he incurred from his show's horrible second half.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Because their story is already ended, and there's no way to place Crow and Jack in the synchro dimension without warping continuity more than whatever's going on right now with Kamen Rider.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

VJeff posted:

I believe I wanna watch Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V, so far the best designed and executed series in the franchise since the original manga, not a walking tour of all the horrible decisions that have ruined everything else since then.

They are. This is literally the only proper way to use it. You have Jack, the character, the voice actor, the deck, everything that made Jack special and made him a fan favorite character, without all the lovely baggage he incurred from his show's horrible second half.

Which is your opinion. Which is a commonly shared one, yes, but it's no longer the same character then, but just his likeness.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

characters who are the same basic individual but are divergent in some way are pretty much something I long learned to accept in other canons. Transformers, digimon, comics. This isn't something wild and new at all.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If the rest of Arc-V's writing is any indication then the likeness will be a ton better than the original anyway.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

characters who are the same basic individual but are divergent in some way are pretty much something I long learned to accept in other canons. Transformers, digimon, comics. This isn't something wild and new at all.

It still reminds me of the Z-ONE copout at the end of 5Ds which takes away any potential for any story arcs to be welded together, or characters to show their development, their changes, or their growth.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Slur posted:

It still reminds me of the Z-ONE copout at the end of 5Ds which takes away any potential for any story arcs to be welded together, or characters to show their development, their changes, or their growth.

So, I've been watching 5Ds to prep for Jack, and am up to episode 25 or so. (And Yusei really is the most boring protagonist ever. Holy gently caress! :suicide: ) When should I just stop? I think I heard episode 64?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

VJeff posted:

If the rest of Arc-V's writing is any indication then the likeness will be a ton better than the original anyway.

Better than the original Jack? No way. You don't get better than the King.

That said this one is also the King, so he should be just as awesome.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm finishing up the duel with Sawatari.

I knew this guy was a weasel but these episodes are freaking ridiculous.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TFRazorsaw posted:

I knew this guy was a weasel

:yum:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

the joke is that kamaitachi are weasels.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

So, I've been watching 5Ds to prep for Jack, and am up to episode 25 or so. (And Yusei really is the most boring protagonist ever. Holy gently caress! :suicide: ) When should I just stop? I think I heard episode 64?

Should be pretty obvious when the Dark Signers arc ends. When you hit the six-month time skip, you're done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Entermate Drumming Kong is making me consistently uncomfortable.